Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261074 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 6 - TT S4, W5
« Reply #1860 on: February 28, 2015, 05:20:43 pm »

landing party 1 - 0 Slow March of Death

Raddish had a rough second half, one of his ghouls failed to pick up the ball four times in a row (two attempts + rerolls).

The first half kickoff event was a riot, so we only had seven turns instead of eight. The landing party was receiving for the first half, the runner got the ball and managed to slip past the punching midfield line and managed to get it near the end field before being punched out and having the ball switch to a lineman, who then handed it off to another lineman, who then got punched out by a wight. A ghoul tried to dodge out of a Norse tackle zone and got badly hurt, though they had reduced strength so perhaps it was safer for them off the pitch. The ball got picked up by a wight who tried to hand it off to a mummy. Unfortunately the mummy didn't realize the ball served a purpose and dropped it. A Norse lineman went to grab it again and failed, then halftime was called. Also a bunch of people got smacked around, but surprisingly none of the Norse even got badly hurt.

The second half started with another riot kickoff event, shortening the game another turn. The undead team setup with most of the team along the midfield line ready to punch some Norse faces in. The Norse setup with the ulfwerners on the front line with two linemen and the rest of the players blocking the field with tackle zones. The mummies knocked down the two werewolves and skeletons managed to push back the Norse defensive line, but then the turn was cut short when the lone ghoul given the task of ball carrier failed to pick up the ball... and failed the reroll too... The Norse positioned to push back and knocked down one or two skeletons during their turn. The undead did some more punching and failed to pick up the ball again, even with a reroll. The Norse hit a skeleton and badly hurt it, and regeneration failed. Finally on the next turn the ghoul managed to pick up the ball and run it over to a more competent ghoul who ran it past the Norse defensive line. The ghoul immediately got punched out and the lineman who hit him grabbed the ball. The Norse managed to ferry the ball past the broken line of the undead, the two closest being a stunned skeleton and equally stunned ghoul. The Norse goal was scored just before the game ended.

A fun game, plenty of back and forth. In the grand tradition of blood bowl, simple things like picking up a ball fail while crazy maneuvers like a Norse thrower dodging through one tackle zone into another tackle zone succeed (yes, that happened, I was a little too hasty with my clicking)... If either of my players dodging out of a tackle zone toward the end had failed then Raddish probably would've won the game, his ghoul got very close to my end zone...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 6 - TT S4, W5
« Reply #1861 on: March 02, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »

All training league matches have been played and the league has been advanced!

Week Six Match-ups are:
Kansa - The Black Guards vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
i2amroy - Fightin Fairies vs Raddish - Slow March of Death
monk12 - Monk's Mutineers vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons vs Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs Aslandus - landing party

League will advance with the main league next monday, let me know about any issues

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 6 - TT S4, W6
« Reply #1862 on: March 03, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds 1 - 0 landing party

The game was pretty back and forth, and it could easily have ended 0-0 if I had managed to keep the ball for one more turn... From the considerable difference in our TV you would think things would be one sided, but it turned out not to be so, partially for two reasons: The inducements Sinistar got were bloodweiser babes and some fan inducements, which don't appear to have actually given him much of an advantage, and my Yhetee passed out on the first turn and never got back up... At least the weather didn't

The first half started with the Waaghabonds receiving, the fresh Snow troll the Norse team had found for the game got ko'd immediately and contributed nothing to the rest of the game, as well as the Norse front line being punched around a bit. The orc thrower got the ball and caged up, and the Norse blocked the cage. The standoff quickly turned into a brawl, and went on for the entire first half, leading to two Norse players getting badly hurt and one lineman ko'd. A string of bad rolls led to an orc knocking himself out and another downing himself. The orc thrower also got a crippling injury, but the apothecary saved him. Then the first half ended unceremoniously.

The second half, the Norse still had a full lineup due to having extra linemen. The runner picked up the ball and the orcs formed a defensive line covering the entire field. The runner tried to rush to a weak spot in the line where the Norse could punch through, but the orcs managed to reinforce and stop them from getting through. The orcs slowly but surely bashed through the Norse defensive line and got the runner as he tried to dash back across the field to the other side. Due to a series of bad rolls, the Norse lost two (or was it three?) turns trying to 1-dice the orcs (on the first attempted block of the turn no less). The orcs managed to pick up the ball and run it through the end zone on turn 16.

A fun match to be sure, though "a series of bad rolls" would be an apt title for it... There are definitely some places I could've played better and probably some places Sinistar could've played better as well, but everything's clearer in hindsight...

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1863 on: March 04, 2015, 10:42:54 am »

Yeah, this game... was interesting.

I had some silly amount of luck at times. Incredibly good initial roll to break the Norse lines and on top of that injuring the yhetee... There were times too when game played against me, of course. Like getting two both down on a block-less player after I already used up my re-rolls, failing my dodges etc. I think it was before even the 7th turn both of us burned through all of our re-rolls.

What bothers me is I have a constant feeling all my winnings are just because I had a lucky moment at the right time. The game could be 1-0 in Aslandus' favor if Nuffle didn't go crazy. Few less knocked-out Norse players either by me or some silly dice rolls and I would have been toast. Because honestly, when I'm not lucky I loose fair and square (unless it's those damn op wood elves).

As for inducements - part of it was me being silly, tbh. I wanted to get a wizard (despite not even knowing how to use it effectively) and the babes. The later I got, but the former for some reason not (must have missclicked something) and I didn't notice that, so, having a lot of money left, I decided to get both cheering and rioting fans (which not only didn't come into play, apparently you can't even use both of them in the first place). Totally forgot you can get extra re-rolls.

Anyways, gg&wp, Aslandus, I'm sure my luck will eventually turn around and bite my arse.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 04, 2015, 03:50:51 pm »

Monk's Mafioso 0-2 Scaly and Lazy

The game started with monk choosing to kick. He set his trees a bit back from the front line and the halflings scatter all over, and sent the ball my way. The halfling chef whipped up a masterful meal, but my team had just finished taking apart a rotting log for insects before the game, and so were too full to give into the smell, retaining all my rerolls. I recovered the ball and ran over a bit to the left as my lizards punished the halflings who started in the front line. On monks first turn his left most tree took root, and I took that as a sign, running almost my whole team into the gap between the tree and the edge on my next turn. A fling got thrown into the mix and landed on the ball carrier, taking him out, but the treeman blitz failed to turn this advantage into anything. The skinks picked up the ball and ran further in and a few flings crowded around the skinks at the endzone. The Krox blitzed the only fling that was on the carrier, but three red skulls popped up and sent the krox to slumber town as treemen, lizards, skinks, and flings crowded into the area. Eventually a halfling picked up the ball, but the Krox woke with a start, sitting up and accidentally wiping out the halfling as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. The ball sailed into the crowd, who then threw it back right next to a skink who was taking a smoke break in the middle of the halfling field. He tried to grab the ball and run in for a touchdown, but in a coughing fit managed to fail to pick it up. A few flings ran in to try to stop the recovery next turn, but a lizardman blitz knocked one of them out and sent the ball back to the sooty skink, who recovered it nicely and ran in for a touchdown.

There were two turns left in the next drive, and the halflings set up as best they could to ready for a flying halfling goal, but the kickoff event was a kickers blitz! My skinks and lizardmen surged forward under where the ball was to land, setting up a full cage and the skink who kicked the ball also caught the ball perfectly. The halflings set up as many tacklezones as they could and a treeman thrust himself into a corner of the cage. Although a lizardman blitz managed to clear up one of the paths for the skink, he still got tripped up by a halfling on his way to victory, the ball went onto the ground and the half more or less ended.

In the next half the skinks kicked the ball out to the flings, and this time the kickoff event went to the halfling team, allowing them to all move one square. The treemen went forward to get into maximum lizard mauling set up, and the halflings positioned themself to recover the ball easier. Although my team was getting a bit peckish at this point, and so I lost one reroll to the smells wafting out of the halfling chefs corner. However, when it came time for the trees to punch, a few bad rolls in a row ended up with the third tree getting knocked flat by a lizardman, ending the flings turn before they had recovered the ball. I surged forward a few skinks to mark the ball and sent the lizardmen as far forward as they could get. What started was a massive royal rumble for the ball that lasted about six turns. Halflings piling themselves on skinks to push them away from the ball and putting themselves in front of lizardmen to keep them away from the fight. The skinks stayed in the scrum and tried to mark the ball as much as they could (and also made a few cheeky tries for it, but failing each time. As for the lizardmen, a few got tied down by halflings, and one spent his time marking the trees along with his hard headed Krox buddy, and the rest worked their way though halfling chafe to try to get closer to the core of the rumble. The ball moved left, the ball moved right, the ball moved up, but finally with only a few turns left in the match the halfings decided they didn't have time for this anymore, they knocked a skink onto the ball, which knocked it into the hands of a halfling, who ran for all his little halfling legs were worth to the nearest tree, who then threw him down and far away from any other lizardmen next to a tree that had rooted a while ago and most people had ignored. It looked like next turn it was likekly that the tree would toss the halfling down to try to snatch at least a tie. But! The mecenary treeman star player who had been payed a rediculous sum of gold by the halflings to play in this match went in for one more swipe on the Krox, who he had been beating on most of this half, and managed to roll double red skull. Sending himself into a sleep he would not awaken from nearly in time, the treeman no longer marked the Krox, who was then free to blitz the ball carrying halfling, sending the ball down to the ground where a skink picked it up and ran to be caged by a lizardman and a few fellow skinks. That skink ran for the end zone, dodging a few halfling missiles, and put the ball in for the game clenching second point.

The last drive of the game, with only a turn apiece, saw the treemen beat on a few lizards and the halflings fail to pick up the ball, the lizardmen blitzed one of the trees, sending him down, but no with no injuries.

And with that, my team is back in full fighting shape, just in time for my battle against the orcs. It should be interesting, although the development of my team is pretty lacking, we'll see how it goes!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 05, 2015, 08:27:51 pm »

The Daemoning! 1 - 0 Ill-Timed Boners

The game started with the Daemons winning the toss and preparing to receive only to be greeted by a sudden shock when an angry fan (evidently a hardcore Boners supporter) threw a rock, nailing the BT Twinkletoes on the collarbone and getting him off the field. Luckily the apothecary was able to piece him back together, but facing a team of 6 mighty blow ogres without an apothecary was striking fear in each of the players' hearts. Still resolute, the daemons managed to pick the ball and begin a drive down the field, only to have a diving snotling knock the ball out of the ball carrier's hands. Both teams quickly formed up around the ball, but neither could pick it up at first.

It was at this point that the Daemon's block and tackle begin to have an effect. Time and again the Daemons threw blocks knocking down the snotlings and occasionally the ogres, while they themselves weren't being knocked over. At that point a BH snotling attempted to dodge onto the ball, only for the ball to bounce right into the Daemons hands as they made a break for it. They failed, but the half ended with several KO'd snots and only two KO'd Daemons (and a BL that got sent off).

For the second half the Boners struck out strongly, and despite all the Daemons could do managed to get within scoring range with the ball. Luckily for the Daemons a single Pit Fighter managed to hold his limp body inside the screen for long enough to get close to the ball, allowing him to take out the ball carrier and pick up the ball for himself. The Boners weren't having this of course, and put him down hard, where a lucky bounce knocked the ball off of the edge of the field. The Daemons fans, having been humiliated by the Boner fan at the start took this opportunity to do one of the most beautiful throw-ins that I have seen in a long time. The ball landed in a spot where many of my guys could easily reach it, but the only available Boner nearby was a single snotling, who successfully picked up the ball, but then fumbled the pass. The Daemons quickly moved in on the ball, securing it and their very first win!

I must say it was rather nerve wracking facing off against the ogres without an apothecary, though it was nice to finally have a chance to see Dauntless and Tackle getting some use out of them! The Daemons finally got a chance at revenge for their many deaths back in the training league. Move over halflings, it's the Daemons turn to shine in second (to last) place! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 06, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

SLAYA's SVENs 3-0 The Black Guards

A very one-sided game where the elves just couldn't deal with the more developed/stronger SVENs. The first drive began with a pitch invasion leaving one SVEN and five elves stunned on the pitch. This let SVEN (the magnificent, formerly known as SVEN the runner) pick the ball up and run down the pitch with relative ease stalling for a turn before deciding to run the ball in on turn 4.The ensuing drive saw the elves move to one sideline before promptly being surrounded and enveloped by the norse. The only option the elves had for a chance at scoring was a risky 3 TZ dodge that ended up failing leaving the ball in the hands of a berserker with two turns to score. The berserker was prepared to put the SVENs up 2-0 before half but a runner got greedy and wanted to hurt an elf; the runner ended up rolling two double attacker downs and the berserker was unable to score and level up.

The next half went much like the second drive of the first half with less failed dodges but the same basic flow. One BH elf in the second half was the only injury (other than KO's) in the entire game. SVEN the magnificent scored both remaining TDs and threw a pass for SPP to hit lvl 5 (after only 6 games!). He now has over 400 running yards, 11 TDs, and is the second most experienced player in either of the two leagues (pokey on the Slashing Slayers has 61 SPP to SVEN's 51). If he can keep producing at this level he may have the greatest individual season in Bay 12 history.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 06, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

brb building a CPOMB to crush dreams.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 06, 2015, 10:31:34 pm »

brb building a CPOMB to crush dreams.

STAY AWAY YOU FIEND!!! lol

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:08 am »

Heck, he's AV7. No need for claw, just about anybody can get some MB action in there!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 07, 2015, 10:33:15 pm »

Heck, he's AV7. No need for claw, just about anybody can get some MB action in there!

You'll have to catch him first though. He's really an elf disguised as a Norseman.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:12 pm »

All matches have been played and the weeks are advancing!

Week Seven Main League Match-ups are:
monk12 - Monk's Mafioso vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy
Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers

Week Seven Training League Match-ups are:
i2amroy - Fightin Fairies vs Kansa - The Black Guards
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs monk12 - Monk's Mutineers
Raddish - Slow March of Death vs Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons
Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls vs Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs Aslandus - landing party

The league will be advancing in TWO WEEKS (Monday March 23rd) as I will be out of town and unable to validate matches next week. Also, don't forget Daylight Savings time is in effect so players time differences have changed/ stayed the same because Arizona doesn't believe in that nonsense. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues or match issues. 

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 09, 2015, 09:55:56 pm »

The league will be advancing in TWO WEEKS (Monday March 23rd) as I will be out of town and unable to validate matches next week. Also, don't forget Daylight Savings time is in effect so players time differences have changed/ stayed the same because Arizona doesn't believe in that nonsense. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues or match issues.

The list of players in the OP has been updated to take into account DST -- if you're unsure, check there. Hopefully I can remember to update it again in three weeks when Europe switches over. Even more hopefully, the rest of the world will take Arizona's enlightened lead and just abolish the damn thing.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 7 - TT S4, W7
« Reply #1873 on: March 09, 2015, 10:47:20 pm »

Wow. Somehow I got two levels. And both of them rolled double fives. Do you guys think that armor value or movement value are worth it? Or should I just take dodge on fully half of my beastmen?

Also I need to decide between a minotaur and an apothecary.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:49:31 pm by Criptfeind »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 7 - TT S4, W7
« Reply #1874 on: March 10, 2015, 01:05:03 am »

Armor value is basically never worth it. MA is typically worth more than a singles (with very few exceptions.) Whether it's worth more than a doubles depends on the player and team.

+MA gives you more range, which is relevant to a beastman as they start with horns, and thus can blitz from further away and get that lovely +ST. A dedicated blitzer beastman with +MA would be a great player to have.

Dodge is nice for beastman too, however. They get mutations, so they can pick up two heads after blodge for the +AG when dodging. Only failing a dodge into open space on a double 1 is really nice (disregarding [diving] tackle, etc.)

Diving tackle and jump up (with piling on) are also doubles worth considering, but not really great first skill choices.

Seeing as how you already have one dodge beastman, I think taking two more would be a (very minor) mistake. I'd either go one dodge, one MA and make the MA guy a blitzer (block or wrestle, tackle, whatever) or take both MA, and hope that one rolls another double to become a sort of ball carrier.

With regards to an apothecary, I never start a team with one, but they're almost always my first purchase... so I'd recommend picking it up now (or really, 5 games ago.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 149