Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261111 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 2 - TT S4, W1
« Reply #1800 on: January 29, 2015, 09:03:33 pm »

I'll wreck you in the playoffs mate.
We'll see how snide you are when I have a Yhetee...
I'll knock it down a peg with my Troll Slayers and my universal Guard. Or buy a Deathroller. Those are fun.
Another ulfwerner + another few linemen, bring it

btw, do we have to wait until the match is verified or something? It didn't show up my team's stat page and the winnings aren't in the treasury...
Dodge on my Runners, get wrecked.

We don't get that sort of stuff until the league advances, is my guess.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:03 pm »

I'll wreck you in the playoffs mate.
We'll see how snide you are when I have a Yhetee...
I'll knock it down a peg with my Troll Slayers and my universal Guard. Or buy a Deathroller. Those are fun.
Another ulfwerner + another few linemen, bring it

btw, do we have to wait until the match is verified or something? It didn't show up my team's stat page and the winnings aren't in the treasury...
Yes, you have to wait until THE_SLAYA confirms the match result. He could also void the result, but that's only done when regames are needed, for things like disconnects and stuff.

Once he validates it, you'll get your winnings and SPP. Posting the results of the game in this thread tends to get his attention, so that's why we all typically do so.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »

Why are you the OP and THE_SLAYA the league host, anyway?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 29, 2015, 09:11:52 pm »

'cause I used to run the league. I grew weary of managing it, but not playing in it. THE_SLAYA offered to run it, but I'm still here, so I just keep the OP updated. A new thread could easily be created if needed, I guess -- I made this one after AlStar handed over the reins to me.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:44 pm »

'cause I used to run the league. I grew weary of managing it, but not playing in it. THE_SLAYA offered to run it, but I'm still here, so I just keep the OP updated. A new thread could easily be created if needed, I guess -- I made this one after AlStar handed over the reins to me.

We don't need a new thread, :p. I'd have to type more than "ba" in my address bar to open this thread then! xD. Also, all matches validated and the training league has been advanced!!

Week Two Matchups are:
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs Kansa - The Black Guards
Aslandus - landing party vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs Raddish - Slow March of Death
Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
monk12 - Monk's Mutineers vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies

I'll be advancing the league next friday along with the main league, let me know if there are any issues.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 2 - TT S4, W2
« Reply #1805 on: January 30, 2015, 10:13:41 am »

So about The Black Guards vs The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds match...

Well, it was... interesting, to say the least. To be more precise, Nuffle was really having a field day this time. My orcs started with kicking the ball, with kick-off event turning out to be weather related - luckily, turned out to be nice and sunny! Nice start, huh?

So one of the Kansa's black elves runs to grab a ball and... fails to pick it up, suffering a turnover barely at the start of their turn. My orcs proceed to do some light bashing and moving up towards the ball which wasn't that far behind the enemy's lines at the moment. Kansa's turn again, tries to pick up the ball again and... fails again. At this point I can't remember if on my next turn I did already reach the ball or if Kansa tried to pick it up for the third time, but when I finally run my thrower with sure hands skill up to the ball, he failed to pick it up too so things were really starting to look silly at that point. We basically spent 4 or 5 turns just trying to pick the damn spiky thing and burning through our re-rolls, me failing 2 times and so did Kansa I think. Finally, one of the dark elves was successful and we could actually start playing the game. xD

But not much after that a sad thing happened - while doing some bashing with my orcs, I rolled a simple defender stumbles on one of Kansa's elves... only to result in said elf being outright killed. I didn't even have any armor breaking skill on that orc or anything, just *whack* and gone. Wasn't expecting that.  :(
Soon after that however Kansa managed to outmaneuver one of my orcs (maybe even the one who did the killing) and push him off the pitch. While the subsequent beating by the spectators didn't result in any serious consequences, the orc in question was my only thrower (which I was relying on to pick up and carry the ball, despite him failing TWICE in a row to do just that, the picking-up), so I felt that was a proper punishment for what I did.
After that, the dark elves saw a failed throw and another injury caused by my orcs, albeit this time at least not a life-threatening one. I managed to pick up the ball once (or twice) but the dark elves took it from me successfully. As the first round was nearing the end none of us really managed to advance far into the enemy's territory, both fumbling just a few steps into Kansa's half on the far side of the field. In the final, 8th, turn however I found myself in interesting position - 4 or maybe 5 of my orcs were positioned so they formed a straight line upwards, with all but one just next to each other. And the one at the end of the line could actually reach the touchdown, with just one "go for it" roll needed. And I've knocked down the elf ball-carrier, AND the ball was just at the start of the line. So all I had to do was pick up the ball, make 2 or 3 passes and one 1-tile-wide throw then run. The plan that just might have worked, right? However, what happened was my team decided to stand up to the first line of our motto which goes "Make 'em laugh". While I did successfully pick up the ball, I'm not sure if I passed it the first time or not. But when I did eventually fail, the ball literally just rolled past each of those lined-up guys, bouncing everywhere while each one of them tried frantically but failing to grab it. It was positively hilarious.

The second half time saw a bit less of Nuffle's shenanigans, but they were still there. I managed to grab the ball early and proceed to cage-up on my right side. After some mutual bashing and maneuvering, I saw a nice portion of Kansa's elves trying to surround me. An opening was left, however, on my left side, and deciding to go for longer route instead of trying to bash my way through on the right side, I darted to the left. I managed to advance past the half into Kansa's part of the field and proceeded to cage-up there. An elf sneaked past me however, deep behind my lines and I somehow managed to miss that. On my next turn I advanced with my cage but Nuffle reared it's jolly-silly-ugly head again. I was one orc away from semi-perfect cage (one other orc wasn't in perfect position but it was good enough), all I had to do was displace one single elf. What should have been an easy, 2-yellow-dice blitz, netted a two red skulls. And remember that behind-the-lines elf? While moving one orc before in the same turn I missed him and accidentally run through his tackle zone, nearly failing if I didn't re-roll successfully. But because of that I couldn't re-roll those two skulls. Derp.
In the end however, my cage held up against the subsequent dark elf assault and eventually I advanced just few steps away from the touchdown line. The Black Guards put up a valiant defense, but I managed to score on my 14th (or was it 15th?) turn. And while luck was screwing both of us over during the match, nothing really nerve-wrenching happened after that so there was sadly no miraculous 2TTD, with final score thus being 1-0 for The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds.

Kansa said I deserved the win for playing better but I still think she/he is just being too harsh on herself/himself as there was equal amount of luck (or lack of it) and (mis)plays on both sides so I think this was really anyone's game. Still, I'll take the win. I'll get wrecked next time anyways. :P

Also, I probably missed a lot of things in my report, so I hope Kansa will correct me or add anything that's deemed important. I forgot to check if there is an option to save the replay so no opportunity to laugh at my mistakes again this time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:24:39 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:36 pm »

Ah, nothing says low-TV Blood Bowl like repeatedly failing to pick up the ball. Good times.

Incidentally, Cyanide does save replays, they're just super crap and in a weird place. You can get to them by going to Single Player > Load Game > Replays.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 30, 2015, 12:52:13 pm »

I think you covered most of the points there. It wasn't exactly the best game for me :p and you did deserve to win it.

In the first turn I messed up as I didn't realise I had the chat box open, so when I had to choose which one of my players to get the ball it wasn't working so it went to the front line where the Orcs were. After that we both spent the next couple of turns trying to get the ball but we weren't that successful, I finally managed to pick it up but then fumbled the throw so Sinistar managed to get a hold of it. I messed up quite a few times here because I tried to get the ball back from the Orcs which meant my elves got the lights punched out of them, I also didn't take the safe moves before the risky ones. We managed to hold Sinistar's orcs off though so no touchdown in this half.

In the second half I managed to keep the elves away from the Orcs so luckily Sinistar couldn't injure any more of my players :p, I had trouble getting the ball and managed to get it once but Sinistar managed to get it off of me fairly quickly. Then the cage slowly went towards my zone and managed to score. After the touchdown there wasn't any time left for either of us to score another one so the game ended 1-0 to The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds.

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:30 pm »

landing party (Norse) 1 - 0 Shambles 'n' Snarls (Necromantic)

An eventful game, in the first half there was a lot of blocking, with the Norse players losing several players to injury (one who would have died were it not for the apothecary) and two zombies getting crushed before regenerating (one badly hurt, one dead, then both got back up and waited by the sidelines for the next drive). The Norse team received for the first half. A Norse player managed to pick up the ball (on his second try) and carry it to the endzone, taking advantage of a gap left after one of the Flesh golems was knocked over by a lineman. The goal was scored midway through the first half and most of the rest of the game was spent by the Nercomantic team attempting to pick up the ball and failing, though the Norse team has denied accusations of greasing the ball after scoring. A Wight had their collarbone broken by a Ulfwerner, but failed to regenerate. It is assumed the wight will not be attending any further games. The first half ended unceremoniously with the Necromantic team just a few yards from the Norse goal line.

A turn was lost from the second half and the Necromantic team was receiving the ball this time. The Norse managed to cover the full goal line by spreading it's players a little thinner, though this led to more players getting battered around. The Necromantic team broke through the Norse line quickly, shoving several players off the pitch. Numbers on the Norse team began to dwindle and the Necromantic team surrounded several players, but lost a few turns to fumbling the ball. The remaining wight got involved in a tussle with two linemen, and was aided by two zombies as a werewolf managed to grab the ball and ran it to the halfway line before getting clocked by a berserker-lineman combo and the ball got picked up by a lineman. Then the Necromantic players who weren't stuck in tackle zones charged to get the ball, but the clock ran out before they could get it to the endzone.

It was a fun game (not just because I won), though it seems Kanil could have done better with another reroll or two (or at least had another turn or two in the game), since there were at least two occasions of his flesh golems downing themselves due to bad rolls. Kanil, feel free to add on anything I missed or correct me if I got anything wrong...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 30, 2015, 03:31:02 pm »

Uhm, basically nothing went right for me that game. I was able to get and maintain a numerical advantage, but every time a key play had to be made (often times as simple as picking up the ball) it was a failure, preventing me from capitalizing on said numerical advantage.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »

Meanwhile I managed to dodge and pick up the ball like a nimble young elf despite my Norse players being large bearded drunks...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 30, 2015, 03:40:08 pm »

AG3 dodges work like 89% of the time with a reroll -- they're surprisingly reliable. Even AG2 dodges/pickups work 75% of the time with a reroll (that's why I dodged out my flesh golem to try to blitz your ball carrier. But he double 1'd it and stunned himself...)

Your luck wasn't particularly exceptional (and was pretty bad at the start of the game.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 30, 2015, 08:30:48 pm »

AG 3: More reliable than you'd expect, less reliable than you'd hope for

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 30, 2015, 08:37:29 pm »

I'm regularly surprised by what AG2 can do, so AG3 is amazing.

Dwarf Runners with Dodge can basically ignore tackle zones, for any purposes Dwarves actually care about.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 30, 2015, 10:19:31 pm »

I'm regularly surprised by what AG2 can do, so AG3 is amazing.

Dwarf Runners with Dodge can basically ignore tackle zones, for any purposes Dwarves actually care about.

After two seasons of Khemri, playing a team with people who can actually do things with the ball has truly opened my eyes to the plight of AG 2. I do get exceptionally upset when I fail pickups though since my AG 2 thro-ras usually had no issue doing so, :p
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 149