Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261107 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 1 - TT S4, W1
« Reply #1785 on: January 28, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »

What do you get when you have a team comprised of Morg 'n' Thorg, Deeproot Strongbranch, two regular treemen, a Halfling Master Chef, two good agility potions, and a bucket and a half of halflings? A 1 - 1 draw against OtherPlayers' Khorne, that's what!

Things started pretty scary as The Daemoning!'s Bloodthirster ripped apart Morg and a treeman in the first half on their way to a TD on turn 8, though only a couple flings went out (to injury- a couple more went out to the ref.) Judicious use of the Kick skill kept Monk's Mafioso from attempting a OTTD, and they opted instead to try (and fail) to foul out the Bloodthirster. In the second half, however, the Bloodthirster threw double skulls trying to take down the last treeman, who formed a half cage with Deeproot as the flings desperately piled in and started kicking away, eventually sending the brute to the KO box. Through fouls and punches, the halflings slowly opened a slight numbers advantage, squirting their half cage forward whenever the Khorne suffered a turnover due to critical lack of rerolls. Eventually the Halfling Master Chef proved himself the hero of the day as the halfling cage was able to run the ball in on the last play while last ditch defensive tries by the Khorne met early ends due to bad dice and no rerolls.

A draw is a fine result for rookie flings, and the MVP even went to a treeman, which is nice! The high TV in the main league should help make this sort of Big Guy Lineup a regular feature for the Mafioso.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 28, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

Yeah, I can put up a good fight, but that 4 big guys and 8 rerolls each half against my 1 big guy and 1-2 rerolls per half proved just to be a tiny bit too much. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:09 pm »

critical lack of rerolls
Ah, the defining trait of Khorne.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:38 pm »

With that the main league has advanced well ahead of schedule!

Week Two Matchups are:
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers
Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners vs Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs monk12 - Monk's Mafioso

I'll be advancing this league at the same time as the training league (next week friday) so let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

On a side note, Kanil is the only person in the main league that doesn't have exactly one TD this season. How does it feel to not be a part of the club Kanil? xp

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 2 - TT S4, W1
« Reply #1789 on: January 28, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »

If I had made that one pick up, all the games would have ended 1-1.

Suffice to say, I'll beat some little lizards in their little scaly faces until I feel better about myself.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 28, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »

At least the skinks will finally get a chance to see how it feels to be bigger then someone else on the field.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:52 pm »

Game finished, dream died, lost a runner :(.

Aslan's posting the game summary.

Note to self: Name the next one Karl Nötdyinginstantly
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:14:16 pm by Remuthra »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 29, 2015, 08:37:21 pm »

Man, these games have been pretty deadly huh? Dead skeleton. Dead vampire. Dead beastman. Dead dark elf. Now a dead dwarf of all things!

(Even my main league match saw a dead blackorc! And hopefully six dead ogre are coming up tomorrow.)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: January 29, 2015, 08:37:34 pm »

Stumpy Surgeons 1 - 1 landing party

The match of the entire series, a team of violent, bearded drunks facing off against slightly shorter violent, bearded drunks who remembered to put on armor before the game. Five players on the Norse team were knocked off the field in total (two badly hurt, one groin strain, two knocked out), though with only one moderately serious injury that would leave the runner out for the next game. The dwarves seemed to have the first half in the bag until their runner left the safety of the cage (bound by a few Norse players still up and about) to run for the goal line. The landing party dodged out of the grips of the dwarven blockers and took the ball, slipping out of the grip of the dwarves several times to get to the endzone. The landing party revealed their inner elves by successfully passing the ball and running it into the end zone in the first half, though attempting to do again in the second half led to losing the ball.

One of the Stumpy Surgeon's runners managed to run the ball to the end zone early in the second half, powered on by the recent Norse score. They smashed through the meager wall formed by the Norse and dove for the goal line, succeeding in a go-for-it for the point. The two Norse players who fell unconscious in the first half woke up upon hearing the Dwarves had scored, but their help could not bring the Norse victory. The next run started with one dwarf blocker getting punched out by a Norse lineman. The dwarves attempted, and succeeded a second time at breaking the defensive line of the Norse, dwindling from lack of players. Tragically, the dwarven team decided not to buy an apothecary, and Nuffle punished them by killing one of their runners when he ran through the tackle zone of a Norse lineman. The dwarves attempted to pass the ball, and it ended exactly the way you expect, with the ball ending up in the middle of a crowd of bearded suits of armor. The game was stopped just before the second dwarven runner got to the end zone, but luckily he didn't fall to the same fate as the other runner.

All in all, a satisfying match. Even without victory, one of my linemen still managed to punch through dwarven armor, and only three players got injured (on my team anyway). Onward! To future victory!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 29, 2015, 08:40:21 pm »

Twas five at once and six in total.

That go-for-it for the score cost me my last reroll, too.

And if I had made that 3+ to dodge there at the end, I'd have gotten in with a go-for-it or two :P.

In addition, you Badly Hurt one of my blockers, as well.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 29, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »

My order of operations might be a little off too, but it was exciting to be sure. A couple risky maneuvers makes the blood boil and keeps you feeling
ALIVE
 :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 29, 2015, 08:49:52 pm »

I'll wreck you in the playoffs mate.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: January 29, 2015, 08:52:31 pm »

We'll see how snide you are when I have a Yhetee...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 29, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

I'll knock it down a peg with my Troll Slayers and my universal Guard. Or buy a Deathroller. Those are fun.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 29, 2015, 09:01:21 pm »

I'll knock it down a peg with my Troll Slayers and my universal Guard. Or buy a Deathroller. Those are fun.
Another ulfwerner + another few linemen, bring it

btw, do we have to wait until the match is verified or something? It didn't show up my team's stat page and the winnings aren't in the treasury...
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 149