Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261132 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Signup - TT S4, Signup
« Reply #1755 on: January 22, 2015, 11:07:13 am »

I think around 10 games is a good amount. We've typically had more than that, but the 8 player signup is a hard number to deal with -- either too few or too many games (and one season there were 14 players.) 6, 10, 12, and 16 teams work well in that regard. As for the playoffs, having more players encourages more people to keep playing their games. However Cyanide doesn't support byes/wildcards/etc so you'd either have to do them manually or stick to 4/8.

In our current situation, I'd support a double round robin for the main league, resulting in 10 games, and a single round robin for the TT resulting in 7  (9?) -- TT tends to draw new players, so having it be shorter is slightly better, and having it end before the ML means that the new teams can advance into the next season right away.

I have a friend I might be able to guilt trip into playing one of the leagues if we're desperate for a player, but I can't guarantee he'll comply.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:05:41 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 22, 2015, 12:58:04 pm »

I'm with Kanil- double round robin main league, single round robin TT. If we manage to scrape up a 10th man for TT, then I'd vote for 2 5-team divisions double round robin, top 8 playoff. If we go into the season with 9, then I'd love a 6 team playoff if Cyanide will let you plug in some filler teams for byes, but if you can't do it/don't have the time then I suppose I'd prefer 4 teams to 8.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 22, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »

I'll be bringing the Daemoning back for the main league and I'll make up a training league team today, if that makes any difference.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 22, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »

I'll be bringing the Daemoning back for the main league and I'll make up a training league team today, if that makes any difference.

This is why I said 9 in the training league, He had verified with me in person but not in this thread, :p. If Cyanide can handle a league of nine than we don't really need another player to get the league started.

As far as manually setting up the byes, wildcards, etc. I'm totally fine with doing that. I'll just set up a new league come playoff time for the wildcard games and then insert the winners back into the league. Looks like we're good with the first situation then.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 22, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »

I know a guy who said he'd be interested in playing in the training league, he said he'd sign up tonight.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 22, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »

I know a guy who said he'd be interested in playing in the training league, he said he'd sign up tonight.

Awesome that puts us at an even ten for the training and six for the main, I'll get the leagues set up and started by the end of the week hopefully!(:

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1761 on: January 23, 2015, 06:09:29 am »

... Aaaaaaaaaand sent!

Sorry for my late response, been away from bay12 forums for a while and as Murphy's law ordains, application process started just in time of my absence, heh (or for some reasons I didn't check this thread when I still was on the forums last time). Anyways.

Race: Orcs

Team name: The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds

Time zone: European central time (+1)

League: Training tournament

Sent application just few moments ago. I see there's already 9 out of 10 people applied though and there has been some talk in the recent posts about more people joining. Seeing how it is ME who is late to the party and slots are limited, I'm willing to be booted out of tournament in favor of people who came before me, if THE_SLAYA seems fit to do so. Don't wanna just rudely butt in and all.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:14 pm »

With that both leagues are full and the seasons can begin!!

In the Training League we have ten teams playing for eight playoff spots.

Week 1 TT Matchups:

The Jolly Waaaaagh!gabonds (Sinistar) v. The Black Guards (Kansa)
Stumpy Surgeons (Remuthra) v. landing party (Aslandus)
Monk's Mutineers (Monk) v. Cript's Clobbers (Criptfiend)
Fightin Fairies (Otherplayers) v. Shambles 'n' Snarls (Kanil)
SLAYA'S SVENS (THE_SLAYA) v. Slow March of Death (Raddish)

In the Main League we have six teams playing for four playoff spots.

Week 1 Main League Matchups:

The Daemoning! (Otherplayers) v Monk's Mafioso (Monk)
Scaly and Lazy (Raddish) v. Da Green Thwack'rs (Criptfiend)
Slashing Slayers (THE_SLAYA) v Ill-Timed Boners (Kanil)

Since its the first week for both leagues I'll be advancing both league in two weeks (February 6). After that I'll be advancing the leagues every Friday night around the same time as this post. Let me know if there's any scheduling issues.
Now, without further ado;

LET BLOOD BE SPILLED!!!

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 1 - TT S4, W1
« Reply #1763 on: January 24, 2015, 06:12:02 am »

Pretty sure you got mine and Cripts teams in the main league the wrong way around there.  Orcs be my team after all.

Look forward to playing games and hopefully winning more than last time :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 24, 2015, 09:57:42 am »

Pretty sure you got mine and Cripts teams in the main league the wrong way around there.  Orcs be my team after all.

No no, it's already written down, you get to play with a missing Saurus vs the orcs. :P

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 25, 2015, 03:50:06 pm »

Look forward to playing games and hopefully winning more than last time :D

Ahaha, sorry about that, :p.

In other news:

SLAYA'S SVENS 2-0 Slow March of Death

This game could have easily been a 1-1 tie or a 1-2 loss for me had the dice been nicer to Raddish. He came very close to scoring in the first half when a few skulls showed up on his block dice and ended his last few turns. They also ended up ending one of his ghouls careers with a smashed collar bone. The SVENS played pretty good defense and managed to KO a mummy, BH a skeleton, and kill a skeleton all in the first half. After halftime the SVENS received and got of to a quick running start, picking the ball up and flying down the pitch to score by turn 12. (thinking about it, that isn't that fast. I'm just used to Khemri and lings who never score, xD) They managed another BH on a skeleton who just ignored it and stood up after regenerating. On the ensuing kickoff a few bad dice gave the ball right back to the SVENS who ran it in for a turn 16 TD to seal the game. SVENS got two level ups from the game after a lineman who smashed the ghoul's collar bone got MVP and a werewolf got the kill and the two BH's.
GG WP to Raddish, hopefully the dice aren't as cruel to you later in the season.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 25, 2015, 08:30:11 pm »

Uhhh, not sure if this is supposed to count or not.

Kanil was at an interesting position in the first game, having had me score against him on turn 3 but having racked up a fair number of KO's against the elves with a Riot granting him an extra turn to tie it up before the half when Windows update kicked in for me and decided to restart my computer (THE_SLAYA was right next to me when it happened, so he can verify if needed). After a quick game reset from THE_SLAYA we started again until Kanil wished me a good evening and disconnected after turn 3. So, are we rescheduling for a third try? Is this game standing? What's going on here?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:57 pm »

I have conceded the match (and informed THE_SLAYA as such in a PM.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 26, 2015, 02:36:30 pm »

Monk's Mutineers 0 - 1 Cript's Clobbers

Nuffle was in a fine kettle this match, handing out skulls and 1s and saving his high dice for injury rolls. I lost a Vampire and a Thrall to the great beyond (another Vampire spent the second half in the KO box,) and the forces of Chaos saw a Beastman die on a surf. Criptfiend should have won 2-0 but a critical double skull toward the end of his first drive left his ballcarrier just out of scoring range, and his only potential scorer in an awkward spot away from the pile (a failed dodge prevented the handoff from even being attempted.) In the second half the Vampires tried a really ballsy play to compensate for the lack of Vampires, but failed to get much push on the Chaos LoS and a scatter pass to the remaining Vampire Duke Potemkin went out of bounds, with the throw-in being right behind the angry Chaos line. A bit of a grind saw them score on turn 13, and with only one Vampire on the pitch the Mutineers were unable to rally in the closing turns.

At least I can afford some Bloodweiser Babes for next match?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 26, 2015, 02:43:42 pm »

A pretty interesting game. The dice certainly favored me that time.

I'm down two beastman for my next game, the dead one and another one I am going to have to fire as soon as I can afford to do so (unless he somehow gets a level up and a +Strength or something) with a broken collar bone giving him -1MV. But seeing Monks infirmary box really makes me feel like I got off quite lightly.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 149