Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261341 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 2 - TT S2, W3
« Reply #1350 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:27 pm »

Monks Morons 0-1 Slashing Slayas

Best stat of the game, 7 sustained KO's and 6 Sustained CAS for monks snotlings (and one Ogre).

Other than those stats (most of them coming in the last 3 turns or so) the game was pretty much like a second grade soccer match. Everyone ran to the middle and kicked each other while occasionally hitting the ball. I managed to score on the last turn of the first half due to some elvenly shenanigans that moved the ball from just on my half of the field to my endzone for a TD. Time to get some tackle for our rematch next week. :p

Edit: I hate side step and dodge put together. it made my life absolutely miserable this game, xp
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:20:56 pm by THE_SLAYA »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 25, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »

If I'd played a bit better, I could have pulled off the draw, considering I had 2 good opportunities (by Ogre standards) to score. My biggest regret is not rerolling a Both Down/Push/Push on the Chaos ballcarrier early in the second half; I was concerned about the ball going in the stands and getting thrown in to a bad spot, but if I'd rerolled and gotten the knockdown I could have gotten a much larger snot screen downfield with the ball. I still got the ball, but Titchy let me down when a snot threw snake eyes on his second dodge on the final play, and he had an open field pickup and 2 GFIs to go to score, too.

I don't regret hiring the Bombadier goblin to play for the team, even though he hurt almost as much as he helped. An Ogre caught MVP so I'll hit the rematch with 3 level 2 Ogres, and none of my snots died or were SI or anything! All of them were injured one way or another, but anything that doesn't keep you out of the next game isn't really an injury, is it?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 28, 2014, 01:16:46 am »

You advanced the week within half a day of the last game being played.
That is timely in my book
I advanced the training tournament three days after the last match had been played, and couldn't advance the main league because I hadn't actually bothered to play my game. It really wasn't timely.

On that note, I've been unable to get in contact with ndkid, so I've given him a WO win an advanced the tournament, as to stop wasting everyone's time. Again, my apologies.

Matchups for Week 3:
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
monk12 - Monk's Meanies vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 3 - TT S2, W3
« Reply #1353 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »

...Next game I would be playing with 7 journeymen.

I'd like to request to remake my team, despite the +MV and double that I've rolled. Right now it would take me some 6-8 games just to earn enough to rebuild my starting team, let alone start to improve it with better players. Also pit fighter journeymen are practically the worse journeymen in the game (excluding snots and halflings of course, but those player types are already so bad it isn't much of a drawback). Lets see, no block or other abilities, a thing that forces them to attempt to fail twice every time they block and then take away their ability to reroll? No thanks. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 30, 2014, 10:11:38 pm »

Certainly, go nuts. I would highly recommend you go with a different starting roster, however. Probably some combination of 5 bloodletters and heralds, and the standard 3 rerolls.

And as you might've concluded, i2amroy and I played to a draw on the scoreboard, and a decided win for the ogres in the casualty box.

THE_SLAYA and I also played our main league game, where the Scamps eked out a win on a lucky failed pick up and then double skull from the khemri.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 30, 2014, 11:39:40 pm »

Certainly, go nuts. I would highly recommend you go with a different starting roster, however. Probably some combination of 5 bloodletters and heralds, and the standard 3 rerolls.
Actually were it not for the amazing amount of deaths and career-ending injuries I've suffered (something that wouldn't change with lineup, since the other demons have the same armor) my team lineup would be in great shape and ready to start expanding (I'd have 5 level 2 pit fighters and would be purchasing my first bloodletter). :P

From the several guides that I've read Khorne Daemons is one of the few teams out there that can actually make a big guy + linemen lineup work, mainly because Heralds and pit fighters are identical early on except when blitzing, and the Bloodletter is the most reliable big guy out there when it is blitzing. And personally, with two more ogre games coming up in the next 3 weeks I really need the ability of the Bloodletter to bash through the ogre line if I'm going to have much luck against them (plus I'd rather risk pit fighters then the more expensive daemons in the early games). In fact the guides I checked listed the bloodthirsty + pit fighter start as on par with the 5 daemons start, with the difference mainly seeming to come down to the coaches' opinions.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 30, 2014, 11:52:27 pm »

Casualties sustained will change with lineups. Bloodletters not having frenzy will result in you getting caught out of position less, taking less injuries as a result. 'course, they're AV7, but... eh.

Furthermore, their skill availability will also matter. Blodgers get hurt less, and Heralds bringing guard along will again improve your positioning/casualties/gameplay. I don't think the Bloodthirster remotely makes up for these shortcomings beyond the first game or two -- while he's the most reliable big guy, he's still more unreliable than a regular player, which adds more issues to a team that already has lots of issues. Also being the most reliable big guy means he's the most capable of being added later in the roster without being a huge problem until he skills up.

Do what you want, but that's what I'd recommend.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:26 pm »

Just leveled up my Morons, and Ernest Rutherford picked up Block. My Ogres are best Ogres!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »

Monk's Meanies defeat Kobb's Khorne 3-1

The Meanies got 500k in Inducements, which they spent on a Bloodweiser Babe (who didn't do anything) and a Wizard and a HMC (who both did quite a lot, the latter being responsible for 2 stolen rerolls both halves.) The Meanies received in Pouring Rain, and through their typical precision blitzing and screening they managed to punch in a TD in 3 turns (plus one for an opening-game Riot, leaving KK with just 4 turns to retaliate.) The answering Chaos drive got a decent push down the right flank, but the Wizard's fireball knocked down the ballcarrier and most of the cage, and the drive stalled as the Meanies punched and pushed at the Chaos line, sealing the defense when they forced a Beastman out the back of the endzone.

Kobb's Khorne's second half drive got similar push, getting players down the flanks and forcing the Meanies to spread out a bit. Saltykova- the new Witch Elf who refused to leave the pitch all game despite repeated attempts to bring the Assassin on in her stead- was successful in surfing a beastman on the right flank, but The Joker failed a dodge on the left flank, leaving that half of the pitch wide open. The ST4 AG4 Chaos Warrior received the pass and took the ball down that side of the pitch along with a decent cage. Strip Ball Mehmed Talaat managed a push on a 2d against to stall the offensive as the ball popped loose, but the Chaos team outmuscled the Meanies and picked up the ball with the Chaos warrior once more, getting to the goal line. Mehmed got some help for a 1dblock to knock the ballcarrier over, but Saltykova threw quad skulls to kill the play, letting the AG4 Beastman pick the ball up with his Extra Arms and rumble into the endzone, tying the game 1-1 with a quarter to play.

KK's luck really bottomed out on the next couple drives, however, as Turnovers from skulls and both downs let the Meanies score in 2 turns virtually uncontested, a Blitz on the final Khorne drive got Meanies into the KK backfield, and a final turnover made it as easy as picking up the ball and running it in for the final TD. These four turns were where the HMC really showed his worth, as the Chaos squad would have been in much better shape if they had had any rerolls left.

The Halfling Master Chef deserved MVP, but the judges awarded it to Saltykova for her eagerness to play, impressive failure, and impressive bounceback from that failure (she scored the go-ahead TD.) She will level up, as will a blitzer and a lineman. The game was pretty bloodless; the Meanies MNG'd the Tackle Claw Beastman, while Kobb's Khorne killed a gimpy Lineman on the last turn (the Apothecary withheld his services, partly because more valuable players were still in line to get beat on, and partly because the lineman had a stupid name anyway.) Apart from that, there was only a couple KOs and no BH or anything. All in all, a solid win for the Meanies.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 08, 2014, 04:40:23 pm »

Bay12 Breakers won 2 - love against The Other Kittens.

It was a bloody match, with the death of a level 4 player on each side.

Ivefan bit the dust, and the apo offered lose one strength, so I did the humane thing, and let him die in peace.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 08, 2014, 04:46:42 pm »

Game was fairly well within the control of the Breakers for most of the game, despite the wizard and Morg's best attempts, and by around turn 6 the Kittens were down to just 8 players, 4 of which had loner. It's possible the game might have gone 1-1, but my dodging Pesti managed to fail horrifically twice (despite the 75% chance of success) one of which handed a point right into the Breaker's hands.

The death of the +STR NW also seals this as the last season for this team. 1-2 deaths and career-enders in a handful of games I can handle, but when I've suffered 6 dead or ended players in the course of the last 4 games it's just too much for my team to handle :P. They'll finish out the season, but with only 2 NW's and 5 journeymen rotters I'm not really expecting any wins out of it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 09, 2014, 12:31:58 am »

Small thing, that last post was by me. Was using my brother's comp and forgot to change the log in before posting. :P

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 09, 2014, 01:04:28 pm »

Once the weeks advance everyone will be playing the same people in both the normal and training leagues (except ndkid who will be playing the two people not in both leagues) Hopefully that will make for a nice quick week(:

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 09, 2014, 05:00:13 pm »

Once the weeks advance everyone will be playing the same people in both the normal and training leagues (except ndkid who will be playing the two people not in both leagues) Hopefully that will make for a nice quick week(:

I will avenge you Ivefan!!!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 09, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »

Wow, that's weird. Convenient, but weird.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 149