Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261374 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Finals - TT S1 Complete
« Reply #1275 on: December 02, 2013, 03:21:59 am »

It seems that ank and ndkid played their match, so the finals are...

ank - w00t w00t vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders

Best of luck, you two.

Called it!

Yeah, we played, forgot to post results, I won 3-1.
It was a weird match, steel elves vs. glass orcs!
There was even a turn where I knocked almost all the orcs down!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:51 pm »

I've made a Chaos Team for the training league next season. Any idea as to when the next season is going to start for training league?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 03, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »

Championship

Monk's Marauders 5 - 3 w00t w00t

Rather than give a play by play, I thought I'd just drop some interesting stats. As a bit of a going out party, the Marauders converted some of their vast cash reserves into Inducements: the Humans got a Wizard whose fireball failed to crack 3 sets of elf armor and a Bloodweiser Babe who was not a factor, and the Elves got a bunch of potions, the only one to work being the AG Potion given to E-Dawg the OTTD Machine.

Speaking of E-Dawg, he was responsible for all of w00t w00t's touchdowns... and between the 1st and 2nd TD, he fumbled the ball twice, once on a failed GFI and once on a failed leap. Both turnovers led to Marauder TDs, the difference in the game.

Speaking of Marauder TDs, Eomund Tonkai caught MVP for winning the Battle of the Bloat, and for good reason. He rushed for 3 TDs, threw for 2, and was all over the field. He finishes his career with the second highest SPP total in the league (just behind E-Dawg,) the second best Thrower in the league (in terms of completions and yardage, behind Berethorvir, the guy who feeds E-Dawg,) the best Runner in the League (with 400 yards more than E-Dawg,) and as the only Pass Blocker in the league he is the league's leading Interceptor with 4, 3 ahead of the slew of other lucky players. He didn't get an INT this game due to Safe Throw, and he didn't throw any blocks, but that's because he was holding the ball most of the time, and Grant Valdred was using all the blitzes.

Speaking of Grant Valdred, the ST4 Blitzer recorded 2 kills and a CAS out of 5 total inflicted on the elves; the Humans suffered none. He finishes his professional career with 3 kills (tied for team record,) 42 CAS (more than the next three highest Marauders combined, and a league leader,) and also has the distinction of being the longest-playing Marauder, being on the pitch for 61 matches (leads the league at time of team retirement.)

Speaking of team retirement, yes, the Marauders will take their 2 consecutive Championships home and congratulate themselves on a job well done. They'll be on the shelf in the event there is interest in a high-TV tournament down the road, but for now the stage is set for the Meanies to join the big leagues. They have big shoes to fill.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 03, 2013, 02:48:01 pm »

A Champions League could be fun... Kanil, how many distinct championship teams have their been? Did 3M or Kobb's Khorne win an early season? I can't even remember anymore.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 03, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »

Congrats on the championship Monk!

w00t w00t sure took a beating that game.
I was severely outmatched!

w00t w00t needs a season to get back into fighting shape!

For the next season I am bringing back my dorfs, sadly Tonkai won't be there to be rolled over by my DR.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:35 pm »

For the next season I am bringing back my dorfs
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(As if I don't already have enough problems with members of my team dying  ;))

That said congratulations to Monk though I'm a bit conflicted about the Marauder's retirement (on one hand I don't ever get to beat them soundly, on the other I don't have to :P). I'll be bringing back my Nurgle team next season for the main league, and I'm thinking of maybe trying out a khorne daemons team for the training league.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 03, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »

A Champions League could be fun... Kanil, how many distinct championship teams have their been? Did 3M or Kobb's Khorne win an early season? I can't even remember anymore.

There's a History tab in the OP with results for each season. Kobb's Khorne never won it all, but Morg's Meat Mashers actually won Season 2 (the first season with a Champion.) Other Champions include AlStar's Undead team Dark Vertibrae, ank's Wood Elf w00t w00t, and of course Kanil's Vampire team Self-Inflicted, the only other club to win multiple Championships (Marauders still get to say they're the first to do it back-to-back. Dynasty, baby!)

I know the Marauders would like another crack at them, the Vampires beat the Marauders by a combined score of 7-1 in the regular season matchups before going on to win the Championship; the Marauders did not get a chance to play them again as AlStar's Glistening Dementia knocked them out of the playoffs in the first round (after 2 or 3 overtimes, no less.)

For the next season I am bringing back my dorfs
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(As if I don't already have enough problems with members of my team dying  ;))

That said congratulations to Monk though I'm a bit conflicted about the Marauder's retirement (on one hand I don't ever get to beat them soundly, on the other I don't have to :P). I'll be bringing back my Nurgle team next season for the main league, and I'm thinking of maybe trying out a khorne daemons team for the training league.

Thanks, and I know the feel. I think this was the first game the Marauders straight up beat w00t w00t, making the overall series something like 1-3-1. And I think I mentioned the unavenged depantsing inflicted by Self Inflicted...

But hey, there's evidently some interest in a Tournament of Champions, so just get in there and win next season with the Other Kittens and you'll have the rematch you want!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Signups! Main League & Training Tournament!
« Reply #1282 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:17 pm »

I would like to thank everyone for playing in our two tournaments, and invite you all to return next season... which starts now!

To sign up, simply post your intentions to play, and specify which tournaments you will be playing in.

Then, apply your teams to their respective tournaments. The Main League is named "Bay12 League" in-game, with password "Bay12". The Training Tournament is named "Bay12 Training Tournament" in game, with password "Bay12".

--------

Other notes: All your rookie teams have been evicted from the TT, on account of them no longer being rookies.
S8 teams that aren't signing up for S9 will be evicted eventually, or you can remove them yourselves.

Monk summarized up the state of any possible tournament of champions. We've got 5 coaches, each with one team. I'd think we'd need at least 4 to make it work. It's also possible to hold a less exclusive high TV tournament, if there's demand... but I think a clash of champions is particularly alluring, no?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:12:16 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:17 pm »

Formally applied the Meanies and Morons to their respective leagues, so if I screwed that up let me know.

I'm in favor of Champion-exclusivity for any such league, even if that means we don't have enough players to run one next season. I'm also definitely playing the Marauders in such a tournament, if it arises. What are the intended parameters of the Champions tourney? I'm hoping at least single round robin, if not just a straight knockout or something; hardly a need to build up teams at such high TV. I'm also hoping for reduced/eliminated Spiraling Expenses; Champions should have room to bloat a little and replace expensive losses without bankrupting themselves just from playing in a more competitive environment.

And I already posted my thoughts on the proposed changes for next season, so I suppose I'm done saying anything important until kickoff!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 03, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »

I'm in favor of Champion-exclusivity for any such league, even if that means we don't have enough players to run one next season. I'm also definitely playing the Marauders in such a tournament, if it arises. What are the intended parameters of the Champions tourney? I'm hoping at least single round robin, if not just a straight knockout or something; hardly a need to build up teams at such high TV. I'm also hoping for reduced/eliminated Spiraling Expenses; Champions should have room to bloat a little and replace expensive losses without bankrupting themselves just from playing in a more competitive environment.

I am in favor of Champion-exclusivity, as well. I'd bring 3M in, even though I think they're probably a less competitive team than KK. (That's not quite true... I think KK was the more competitive team at its peak, but losing both TAB and NATAB really changed the team in a way it hasn't recovered from.)

I'm not in favor of doing away with spiraling expenses... I think having to get rid of the occasional over-experienced lineman in favor of a rookie is part of what keeps high-end teams interesting.

I'm having a hard time deciding between bringing the Unstoppable Immovables forward to the main league (Lizards are so much fun!) or bringing the Khorne back. Any suggestions? (In the meantime, I'll figure out what to do for the TT.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 03, 2013, 11:46:50 pm »

Tough decision; I liked the way KK used to play and it would be cool if they rebuilt, but at the same time the Lizards are still rising stars who haven't come into their full potential (which might make them more fun to play.) So yeah, I have no helpful input on that decision.

Also, looks like Kanil will be joining me with an Ogre team in TT, so that's exciting! Stunty vs Stunty is always fun. I suppose the real question is whether he'll bring back Skitterscamps in the main league...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 04, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »

I'll be playing my Khemri team again next season and I'll have my chaos team apply for the main league in a few minutes, :p. Maybe I'll get an extra agility on one of my Khemri this season, xD

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 08, 2013, 04:54:25 am »

A few things: Slaya, I can understand why someone would want to try Khemri once, but I can't grasp why anyone would play Khemri twice. Good luck. :P

I totally missed the part where i2amroy said he'd be bringing his nurgle back, so I've noted that/understood it myself.

ndkid, have you settled on a team?

ank, you going to apply your dwarves?

Anyone else out there interested in signing up?

Assuming not, then we'll start once everyone's settled on a team. If more people show up, we'll see...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 08, 2013, 01:51:05 pm »

I've applied with ma dorfs now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 09, 2013, 03:28:29 am »

I should get signed up sometime in the next couple days with any luck.

That said it would be incredibly nice if we put off starting the leagues until at least next week thursday or so. Both THE_SLAYA and I have reading week/college finals in this upcoming week and a half, so if we could at least wait until after that it would be very helpful. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 149