Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261375 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 10
« Reply #930 on: June 30, 2013, 12:40:57 pm »

It occurs to me how busy I've been this ween and weekend. And have seen no trace of Pies going HEY GAMES like I am accustomed to. I shall hope to rectify this.

I am sorry.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 30, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »

Well, I guess that gives monk and ExKirby some more time to get a game in as well.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:43 am »

Naturan Demanto 2 - 0 The Forked Pies

Four MA7 ghouls?  Four?  That should be illegal right there.  Who came up with the rules for this game?  Was a pretty rough game for the flings who suffered injury and death on the pitch, and not for the last time they suspect.  Again, we dutifully collected up loose balls and flings were flung, and they landed on their butts.  Jartol played carefully and got a clear win, but in the halfling camp losing by 2 points is our equivalent of a draw.   ;D

Next week we play the dwarves, the team that publicly proclaimed their desire for halfling pancakes.  Ank should know that my flings have had no ale this week so shall not be particularly worth eating.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 01, 2013, 05:21:35 am »

This is my destiny!
All skill increases has been spent on maximum halfling flattening!
This is what my dorfs was born to do!
PANCAKES FOREVA!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 02, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »

Monk's Marauders defeat Blood Roses 3-1

We had a good game going with a lot of banter and good times (I killed and crippled some mercenaries, he BH Balkoth the Ogre and scored a tricky TD with his AG5 Wardancer) until early in the second half when Exkirby's internet fizzed out. He wasn't able to return before the game decided he wasn't coming back, and declared it a concession. Unfortunately this means that Exkirby didn't get an MVP or monies, but since we're already slowing everyone up (and the result wasn't in much doubt) he agreed to let the result stand (although I don't know if he realized he lost money too, so if he pops in and says he wants a reset I'm totally free tomorrow.)

In any event, cheers to Exkirby for a pleasant, friendly, and spirited (if brief) match.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:00 pm »

Alright. I've sent you a PM on the subject. Anyway, the only game left is Charmander vs Burnt Pies. Is that game going to get played?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 03, 2013, 04:56:31 am »

Yeah, I spoke with Pies yesterday but forgot to say. I've got some pretty massive deliveries soon that I can't really avoid or know when they're coming, so we're looking at Friday or Saturday or thereabouts.

Pies has been similarly busy, though, so...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 05, 2013, 02:10:37 am »

Small heads-up to everyone, but I'll be in the land of slow and sketchy internet for the next week or so, so while I'll be able to schedule or set up a game, I won't actually be able to play one until the 12-13~ish.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 06, 2013, 07:14:18 am »

2-0 to the Stormers.

Sorry that took so long to set up and play.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 11
« Reply #939 on: July 06, 2013, 12:31:46 pm »

Onto week 11. I apologize to everyone for the delays, I think at season end we'll have to consider doing something about that.

Matchups:
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs BYE
hermes - The Forked Pies vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 08, 2013, 12:23:13 pm »

Glistening Dementia defeats Skitterscamps 2-1 in an extremely close, very bloody game.

Skitterscamps get some insane amount of cash to start - 850k, I think. They get Morg, two ST potions (both fail), a bribe (unused,) an extra apoh (which also went unused,) and a merc gobbo.

Despite all that cash that went to waste, I think Morg pretty much single-handedly paid for himself. I was able to knock him down several times, but he never stayed down - not even a foul from a dirty player could keep him down. He was constantly tieing down my players, and I don't think he ever needed a RR (or caused a turnover.)

My team forgot to take their punching gloves today, opting instead for using little fluffy mittens. As a result, despite large numbers of MB blocks against AV 7 and 8 players (some of which are stunty, even) there was not a single CAS (that was caused by my players, anyway) in the first half. We finally started hurting things way, way, way, way at the tail end of the second half, pretty much when the game had already been decided.

Kanil's team, on the other hand, was clearly out for blood: 5 CAS, 3 of which were SIs. The apoh tried to "fix" my centaur by putting the poor thing out of its misery (choice between MNG and Dead) but I decided that no, I'd rather hold on to my +AG centaur, thanks. The Minotaur also took an SI, and between his -AG and this new -AV, I decided it was time to put him out to pasture.

What to say about the game? Well, it pretty much hinged on two super critical rolls:

1) At the end of the first half, it's 1-0 for Dementia. However, Skitterscamps has players in range of a touchtown. The thrower hands off to a twoheaded gobbo (animosity roll, catch roll -disturbing presence), who dodges through my lines (3 AG 3 dodges, no TZ because of stunty, +to dodge because of two heads).  He gets to the line... and falls down, BH (GFI roll fails.)

2) In the second half, my team has taken a beating, and Skitterscamps has kicked the ball into the very, very corner of the map. In the blinding sunlight, my gobbo had to make two GFIs, then pass to another gobbo (0 RRs remain.) All rolls succeed, and this allows me to score the winning TD.

Good game Kanil!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:27:04 pm by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:19 pm »

Two losses in consecutive games to dwarves makes me think I need some more claw. Giving it to the troll would be really straightforward, but he rolled doubles again. 'course, that's not a bad problem to have.

As AlStar noted, I wasted a lot of my inducements. Underworld don't really have much to induce -- just Morg and a bombardier, abysmal options. Still, with AlStar scoring both touchdowns on a pass and breakaway, a Wizard probably would have resulted in a draw. Two heads stunty goblin almost paid off, but I didn't have enough rerolls as well -- another thing I could have induced.

As for the handoff, does disturbing presence start from the player's hex? Or his TZs? I assumed starting hex and thought the goblin was out of disturbing presence range, but the roll was a 6 so I didn't see the modifiers.

The loss kicks me out of the running for first place overall, but Monk and Charmander are still in it... but if AlStar wins one of his two remaining games, he'll clinch it.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 08, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

As for the handoff, does disturbing presence start from the player's hex? Or his TZs? I assumed starting hex and thought the goblin was out of disturbing presence range, but the roll was a 6 so I didn't see the modifiers.
I'm not 100% on exactly where it is, but I know that the area affected is larger than the graphic effect shows (which is a rather nasty trick to play.) I'm fairly certain that your goblin would have been hit with a -1 if he hadn't rolled a 6.

A wizard would've totally ruined my day.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:57 pm »

Monk's Marauders 3 - 1 Mephisto's Fisto's

Don't have time for a full game recap, but it was closer than the score would indicate. Fisto's got 590k in Inducements which went toward that Star Minotaur (who had an up and down day,) a Bloodweiser Babe (who failed to bring the single KO back despite 3 drives to try,) and an extra TRR (which was entirely necessary.) Fisto's started the game well, receiving the ball and bashing their way down the flank behind the Star and the Bloodthirster while sending a few Marauders to the KO box. They score with 2 turns for the Marauders to equalize. The Marauders send their two Catchers into scoring range and Seneschal Sigric the AG4 Blitzer just one GFI short; the Fisto's ably contain the Catchers, but leave a chain push opportunity for Seneschal, who makes the catch and both GFIs to score.

The second half rapidly went downhill for the Fisto's when the Star Minotaur failed a GFI when frenzy took him a square too far. That left a hole in the left side of the line, which the Marauders happily sped through. The victory was sealed as the Khorne casualties mounted; I think they ended the game with 5, one of them the Star Minotaur who BH himself on a Both Down result (or double skulls, I don't remember. Something that Loner prevented him from rerolling.) The Bloodthirster didn't hurt himself, but that's because he spent almost the entire second half as a raging Wild Animal, good for nothing but wasting precious blitz actions.

A few Marauders level up, which is exciting, one of them being Seneschal Sigric who becomes the first Marauder to reach 100 SPP! Spiraling Expenses are starting to mount up, but the treasury is deep and players don't die often. Well, they didn't die often, but now that I said it out loud I'm sure to lose a couple blitzers and a catcher or something next game.

Good game, Symbiode!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 09, 2013, 12:39:07 am »

I'm not 100% on exactly where it is, but I know that the area affected is larger than the graphic effect shows (which is a rather nasty trick to play.) I'm fairly certain that your goblin would have been hit with a -1 if he hadn't rolled a 6.
IIRC disturbing presence works with a range of 3 plus the square that the player with the ability is standing on top of (so if you count both the ultimate range and the effecting player's square it comes to a max range of 4). It is also significantly larger then the graphic effect, especially on the diagonals; due to the fact that the area affected by disturbing presence is actually a square, not a circle.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 149