Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261295 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 3
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:48 pm »

I like to think I'm loathe to foul because I'm a decent, honourable player and stomping someone in the cloaca is just not cool.

More likely, however, is the combination of "assume you'll get sent off" and "lacking players".

But yes, sorry for the scheduling issues thusfar.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01:16 pm »

Well yes, in general I value my players more than the other guys, unless I can guarantee an armor crack on a valuable opponent. But he's playing halflings, every player is more valuable than the flings, and it's basically the only way he can get players off the pitch. Besides, a player sent off by the ref is a player who won't get killed staying on the field!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2013, 03:58:49 pm »

I don't consider fouling any more offensive/underhanded/dirty than picking MB/PO, and nobody really has any qualms about those skills. You're just trying to get a numbers advantage, to win you the game. Of course, if you've already won the game, fouling is a bit harder to justify, but in a league situation it's still pretty easy to justify.

As someone who's playing a team that's skaven with goblins instead of gutter runners, I'm pretty much not winning games without a numbers advantage, so I'll be throwing a lot of fouls this season. Halfling teams are even more suited to (and more reliant upon) fouling, and should be doing so regularly.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2013, 06:34:23 pm »

You know, it's funny - I was looking at the league stats - I never even realized that my minotaur is the league's best killer (at 3 dead) with a mere 15 games. Now, 15 games might seem like a lot, but there are multiple players in the league with up to 50 games to their name who haven't been able to do that.

Feels good.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #784 on: April 19, 2013, 01:55:00 am »

You know, it's funny - I was looking at the league stats - I never even realized that my minotaur is the league's best killer (at 3 dead) with a mere 15 games. Now, 15 games might seem like a lot, but there are multiple players in the league with up to 50 games to their name who haven't been able to do that.

Feels good.
I'm the league's best dead body with three dead in two games. Just saying.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 19, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »

I think the reason people think fouling is dirty, is that it does not give SPP's:
You take mighty blow to get more cas to grow your guys, but fouling has only one purpose: hurting the other team.

That said, I fouled last game, where there were only 3 elves left on the field, but one of them could get up and blitz my carrier, so I kicked him right in his elven balls.
He got sent off, but that just made it 10 vs 2....

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 19, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »

if anything is dirty, it's Deathroller ;)

but, all's fair (enough) in blood bowl!  if fouling helps you even the odds so that you can block with 2 dice or score a TD on the next play, that gets you SPPs in the end...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 19, 2013, 05:41:32 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Sahagin Stormers

Khorne gets a Warrior up to S5 with a potion. They also elect to kick off. The Stormers get an extra reroll from the kickoff.

S1: All four warriors on the line get knocked down, with one stunned. A skink picks up the ball. A beastman gets blitzed down.

K1: The warriors stand up. The minotaur knocks himself over stunning the kroxigor.

S2: A warrior is stunned.

K2: The minotaur stays down. A couple of Sauri go down.

S3: The skink with the ball runs forward and hands it to a Skink, who runs it deep into Khorne territory. Several players get knocked over.

K3: A saurus gets knocked over. A warrior fails his reroll for the GFI to blitz the ball carrier.

S4: The skink runs the touchdown in.

K4: New TAB goes back to receive, with the rest of the team on the front line. The krox and four sauri on the line get knocked over. New TAB tosses the ball to Soft Hands, who runs it up the middle with one blocking beastman with him. A couple of more beastmen move around one wing.

S5: Two skinks and a Saurus knock Soft Hands down. Another skink runs in to pick up the ball, but fails to pass it out of danger, instead fumbling it.

K5: Some blocks, before double-skulls end it.

S6: Some blocks, a skink picks up the ball in two tackle zones, dodges away, tosses it to another skink, who runs it into Khorne territory.

K6: Some blocks, before another GFI+reroll fails.

S7: The skink runs in the score.

K7: The minotaur knocks himself over knocking over the kroxigor again.

S8: A beastman is knocked out.

K8: Blocks that do nothing.

Halftime Score: Sahagin Stormers 2 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: The Stormers front line goes down. New TAB runs the ball forward and tosses it to Soft Hands. Two beastmen run downfield into Stormer territory.

S9: A few blocks. Skinks cover the beastmen on the wing.

K10: A saurus gets injured, and Soft Hands tosses it to LaS, who runs it near the Stormers goal line.

S10: A saurus knocks out a beastman. A skink injures himself failing to dodge.

K11: A stupid mistake leads to the ball carrier blocking rather than blitzing. Other blocks go okay.

S11: The ball carrier is knocked over, leaving the balls in the hand of another beastman.

K12: The ball carrier runs in the score.

S12: The kickoff lands beside the goal line. A warrior is killed by a saurus, but the apoc saves him. The ball is run slightly forward. A beastman and a warrior are also knocked down.

K13: Some blocks knock over sauri.

S13: The skinks all pull to one side of the field.

K14: LaS blitzes the ball carrier deep in the Stormer side of the field, but only manages a push.

S14: The ball carrier dodges forward, succeeds at a pass, and the catcher runs the score in.

K15: A pitch invasion knocks out New TAB, among others. So some blocks get thrown. Another GFI is failed, as I remember.

S15: Wasn't watching.

K16: The krox is injured by the minotaur. Some more blocks. Soft Hands fails to catch New TAB's pass.

S16: Wasn't watching.

Final Score: Sahagin Stormers 3 - 1 Kobb's Khorne.

Thoughts: I probably could've played better, but there is a limit to the number of GFI's failed with rerolls and double skulls that I can soak without losing. This game exceeded that number, by far.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »

...Yeah, the shitty first-half luck was what won it for me. I didn't even suffer any casualties until the second half, and that's saying something.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 4
« Reply #789 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »

And we're onto week 4.

AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
hermes - The Forked Pies vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs BYE
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2013, 07:46:16 am »

Jartol and I played last night.

Jartol bought at bunch of start players, HMC and RR reduction.
That brought me down to just  on RR per half.

It took 4 turns before anybody started going down, and the game was relatively bloodless

Dorfs ground their way to a 1-0 lead.
Then totally levelled the undead for a second score.

Second half started with the dorfs double skulling on a lineman, leaving the ghoul receiver free to score.

Later in an amazing play a ghoul picks up the ball right under the dorf noses, and runs it in. easy peacy.

Game ends 2-2, in an amazing comeback by Jartol.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:06 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Skitterscamps

Skitterscamps has over 800k in inducements, getting them Morg 'n' Thorg, a wizard, some bridges, some Bloodweiser, and an extra agility on a Skaven Blitzer. The Skitterscamps also elect to kickoff.

K1: Khorne gets a quick snap, pushing the wings over the line. The initial push against the three goblins on the line knocks most of them down. New TAB tosses the ball to the catcher, who runs it with a couple of Warrior blockers.

S1: Morg 'n' Thorg knocks out the ball carrier. A warrior gets knocked out of bounds. A goblin gets beside the ball.

K2: New TAB gets the ball back, and runs it toward the middle of the field. LaS smashes a goblin's knee, but falls over in the process.

S2: MnT takes down a warrior. Two goblins get beside the ball carrier. Another beastman gets knocked out.

K3: New TAB dodges back behind some midfield protection.

S3: In a row, three blocks go knock out, knock out, dead (thankfully, a rookie, but I apoc it anyhow). A skaven picks up the ball.

K4: With five players left, Khorne's choices are looking bleak. LaS knocks over the ball carrier. New TAB stands up, picks back up the ball, and starts downfield with it.

S4: New TAB is knocked back down, and a Skaven blitzer gets the ball.

K5: A beastman double-double-skulls on a block.

S5: The skaven heads downfield.

K6: A few blocks.

S6: The ball carrier continues downfield.

K7: One beastman starts to head toward the ball carrier.

S7: The ball carrier knocks over the beastman, then stands on the goal line.

K8: The minotaur injures a goblin.

S8: The skaven runs in the score.

Halftime Score: Skitterscamps 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

S9: Khorne starts the half with 9 players, as three chose to remain knocked out. They also get a blitz, which they use to knock out a goblin and get under the kickoff with a rookie, which he catches. A goblin gets knocked out trying to dodge away from the midfield.

K9: The rookie runs in the ball.

S10: Enough players wake up for Khorne to field a full 11 again. The Skitterscamps get the quick snap this time. A skaven injures a rookie beastman. Most of one wing crumbles under the barrage. A goblin falls over trying to dodge again.

K10: The minotaur stuns himself knocking over the troll.

S11: The ball carrier hands the ball to another Skaven, who runs it most of the way downfield.

K11: Some impotent blocks.

S12: The skaven runs in the score.

K12: Khorne is down to ten on the pitch. The minotaur kills a goblin. New TAB's Sure Hands are less than sure.

S13: Some blocks.

K13: This time, New TAB manages to fumble the pass.

S14: A skaven gets beside New TAB.

K14: The minotaur stuns himself knocking down a goblin.

S15: A skaven gets the ball and runs downfield.

K15: Some blocks.

S16: Skaven runs in the ball.

K16: Some blocks. New TAB fumbles another pass to end the game.

Final Score: Skitterscamps 3 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: Well, I got some SPP.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2013, 08:50:58 pm »

Norska Frostskalds (smakemupagus) v. Mephisto's Fist-o's (Symbiode)

Frostskalds receive in the first half and cage the ball around midfield.  In a tough scrimmage between teams with a lot of rookie players, the Norse Block skill lineman establish control at the line of scrimmage.  However under relentless pressure from blitzing Demons, the Frostskalds struggle to advance, having to retreat to pick up a fumbled ball after a tackle as well on turn 5.  With the clock winding down the Norse ballcarrier makes a break for it, with only two mates to screen the movement.  Luckily for the offense the big Bloodthirster picks this turn to suffer a wild animal action, and the defense is unable to make a stop.

Second half, the Fist-o's strike aggressively with the Bloodthirster leading the charge, and leave the right side of the Norse defense in shambles.  While the Norse scramble to contain the ball carrier and pin him against the sidelines, the Demons put together a nice pass action play to reverse the ball to the opposite side of the pitch.  The demons win a 2-on-2 situation on the open side of the field, with a dodge and single go-for-it required to put the ball across.

Seemed like an evenly matched, hard fought game.  Both offenses were controlling and moving the ball; and both ultimately got a bit of a lucky break to set up the score.  Final:

Frostskalds (1 - 1) Mephisto's Fist-o's

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 24, 2013, 11:35:54 am »

Monk's Marauders 4 - 0 Forked Pies

This game was about what you'd expect when one high TV, high guard team with decent MA and a sprinkling of tackle goes up against a weak, slow stunty team. The Marauder kicker deserved MVP as every Pie drive was forced to start deep, and found themselves cut off from the strong frontline of treemen and Morg'n'Thorg by a wall of blitzers. The Forked Pies HMC was a complete nonfactor, with 0 rerolls changing hands, which meant there was a dearth of rerolls for the treemen- they managed a pair of CAS early in the game, but they would have done more damage if they had been able to reroll from at least two critical double skulls.

The Marauders are satisfied as star Thrower Eomund Tonkai earned himself a new level, and the Marauder record improves to an even .500, 2 losses and 2 wins.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 24, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »

Match validated. Four games down, just Burnt Pies/ExKirby and AlStar/Charmander left. Any updates, you four?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 149