Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261110 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 11!
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2012, 02:05:28 am »

Mutations on normal rolls... so lots of mutant stunties. Mutant stunties are really interesting, and I'm planning on playing an Underworld team next season.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »

Don't forget the racism!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »

And, bleh, holding things up again... I've been wiped this weekend, but I'll try and get some time in somewhere.

Any ETA on fitting the game in yet, Char?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:05 pm »

I sent Jartol a PM. Normally I'd have expected to get this week's schedule by now, but hoping to get it played this weekend.

Preferably earlier, so people can get games in. Sorry for being shitty at this.

Also, Chaos Edition is out. None of the teams interest me, but I picked it up anyway. Well, maybe Khorne, even if I'd throw my lot in with Papa Nurgle.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:19:00 pm by Charmander »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2012, 03:31:04 am »

Does it have any bug fixes?
I'd pay 10 bucks for bug fixes rather than new teams, to be frank.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2012, 04:11:33 am »

Any bug fixes would also be applied to LE. You're pretty much just getting new teams... it only makes sense to buy it if you really like one of those new teams.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:53 am »

Also, the match is scheduled for tonight, assuming things don't crop up.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2012, 07:19:05 pm »

"Sssssskaven... don't forget to wasssssh your clawsss after tackling. Don't want a ratty half-time sssssnack."

510k of inducements after the Stormer's growth buys Morg 'n' Thorg, and drugs for Scalpad. Neither of which are particularly enticing prospects to face. The rats win the toss, and elect to kick, setting up with a rather intimidating amount of muscle by way of rat-ogre and normal-ogre.

Evidently the fans hate both sides - as the ball is launched into the air, similarly weighty objects are launched at Garr and Quyamute, dazing them and stalling things before they even start. Mejj opens the play with a smack that puts Knidle out, and Modifable goes out soon after as Vorr gets stuck in. Weyy hands off to Novv after scooping it up, but he is quickly brought down by a charging Scalpad, as tricked out as most of the gutter runners in terms of skills and superfluous accessories. Deelutch tries to grab the ball, but the presence of Mejj makes that less than simple, and he goes down.

Without wasting time, Mejj shoves Scalpad out of the way, receiving the ball and handing off to Nirr, who runs it in without hassle, if not a little uncertainty. With the start of the next drive, the ball goes high, and the skinks rearrange somewhat, for some reason neglecting to touch the line of scrimmage, and consequently both Takk and Jarr are left hurting. Although Leetwo collects the ball, it bounces off the unaware snout of Pwyamute, and the ratty side are evidently having trouble getting warmed up.

Vorr adds to the mounting casualties by putting Quyamute out of the match, while Mejj all-but-kills Pwyamute in his airhead moment, but the apothecary keeps him alive, although his eye remains mangled enough to put him out for the following game. Seeing the chance, Weyy slips last again and snags the ball as a mob of skinks come to back him up, despite still being rather open.

Scalpad promptly surges forth and wrestles Weyy to the ground, but Leetwo gets taken out by a swipe from Ravv's tail, who promptly collects the ball. A few slick dodges from Scalpad shoves the skink towards the edge of the pitch with a sudden lunge, the bulkier, nimbler rat chasing down the lizard. Deelutch, Obscilut and Patchlk move to shut down the skink defensive, leaving Ravv on his lonesome. Nirr slips forth but shoves Scalpad, which although doesn't make things simple, at least gives Ravv the opening he needs to score.

The ball goes high at the start of the third drive, although Leetwo fails to make the catch. Once more the saurus scrimmage line goes down under the combined might of ogre and ratogre, although he recovers the ball and lobs a quick pass to Deelutch, who actually catches it. A quick shunt knocks Garr out of the way as the runner tears to the skink endzone, backed up by the ever-present Scalpad. Despite all their worming, however, Garr and Weyy can do little more than shove Deelutch, the avenue open for the runner to score after a quick dodge, boosted by illegal drugs.

Of course.

Gentle gusts of wind are apparent as the ball is kicked off once more, although the drive falters as Mejj falls flat on his stupid, clumsy face. Jarr eats a bout of unconsciusness from the wayward Rat Ogre, but elsewhere Weyy hoofs a quick pass to Novv down the wing, who bolts upfield. The defence can only land an awkward shove on Novv, but it proves to be fruitless, anyway, as time ticks away before the skink can reach the line, the score finishing up 2-1 to the blueskins as they troop off the pitch.

The second half starts with a blitz by the skinks - Mejj leaps forward and Garr follows close behind as the rest of the skinks close the gap left open. Jarr gets another rat-ogre delivered punch that knocks him out for the drive, while Leetwo proves to be iffy for the skaven side - although he collects the ball easy enough, the ball sails short and bounces into Scalpad's grip... which, although unexpected, is decent enough for the rat side... at least, it would be, if he could stay conscious under half a tonne of blue muscle bearing down on him. The ball scatters, but lands between a skaven and a rat-ogre, which is just a little problematic - Novv fails to make good, and just shoves the ball further away, and gets knocked out for his efforts.

Morg 'n' Thorg drops Mejj, leaving an opening for Leetwo to hurl the ball to Deelutch, who sprints far, far downfield in a play that is much, much more on-par with normal skaven play. It doesn't last long, as Weyy lands a shunt that knocks him out cold, scooping up the ball and looking around, trying to find where to send the ball. Sure enough, Broslash and his prehensile tail wants to make things difficult. Weyy still finds a way to slip out from under the heels of the oversized, mutant rat, and even manages to hurl a short pass to the awaiting Garr after a hefty sprint, who catches it, and manages to run the ball in without hassle or issue.

A surprisingly short kick, despite the stormer's cheering fans, leaves the ball sitting on the touchline, between ogre and rat-ogre. While Vorr gets stunned, Takk is less-lucky, and is carted off after a hefty swipe to put him down and out for the remainder of the match. With the way clear, it's trivial for Leetwo to pick up the ball, while a trifecta of runners and linerats hassle the skink defensive line. In response, the skinks converge, looking to shut down the major threat of Deelutch, but fail to do a whole lot. A second shove leaves him stunned, though, as Vorr leaps to his feet and brings himself and the ball-carrying Leetwo down.

The issue with that is, of course, Leetwo doesn't stay down, and recovers the ball once more... although he only manages to hold onto it for a scant few moments as Rexx wrests himself away from the rat defene and rips the ball from his claws, before driving him into the astrogranite. Sorr manages to slip in and out from under the feet of Morg 'n' Thorg to grab the ball, but Broslash almost cracks Nirr's skull open, and he'd be suffering if not for the apothecary. Sorr streaks to the touchline in the hope of getting shut down by Vorr, but the saurus in question fails to make it stick, and the skink gets a nice shove for his troubles. This time, though, Vorr lands the punch on Deelutch, leaving Sorr to score and the skins to win, 4-1.

MVPs of the match are Novv for his continued efforts to score, and Leetwo for his continued efforts to pass.

(The only reason I won were the four early-game casualties. Had the rats had numbers, they would have ruined me. No doubt about it.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:26:20 pm by Charmander »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 12!
« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »

Matchups for Week 12.

warhammer651 - Earth Strikers vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
ank - w00t w00t vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

Jartol's loss eliminates him from playoff contention, but everyone else remains alive. Good luck!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 14, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Monk's Marauders

The Monk's potions don't work, so there's just some Bloodweiser and a spare Apoc for him. Monk elects to receive.

M1: Khorne lines up in FFB. The Marauders put the Ogre and a couple of linemen on the front, and keep everyone else back. A quick snap lets them move a little forward from their start. A blitzer blitzes a gap on one side. The thrower picks up the ball and moves forward with several players flanking him. A catcher runs downfield.

K1: A bunch of pushes, one stun. A warrior gets beside the downfield catcher. A couple of beastman move toward the thrower's protection.

M2: The thrower moves forward and tosses the ball to a nearby catcher, who runs downfield with it.

K2: The minotaur gets beside the catcher with the ball thanks to some frenzy. No Marauder gets knocked down, just a bunch of pushes.

M3: A player wrestles down the minotaur, and the catches dodges out and scores.

K3: New Guy goes back to receive the kickoff. A heat wave hits. The Marauder center line goes down, with one lineman KOed. The minotaur pulls over to TABs side of the field. New Guy picks up the ball and tosses it to TAB. The rest of the team forms a wall around him or moves forward.

M4: Most of the Mauauders circle the Khorne wall.

K4: TAB pulls across the field, and goes to pass the ball to Soft-Hands. He instead drops the ball, letting one of the rookie beastmen pick it up.

M5: The ball carrier gets pushed back by the ogre.

K5: The minotaur injures a lineman. Most other blocks are pushes again. TAB gets the ball from the rookie, but stays put.

M6: TAB gets 2-die blocked, but the dice show the Maurauders the pushes this time. The minotaur gets pushed out, and the crowd injures him.

K6: New Guy stands up and breaks a tackle to run downfield. TAB breaks a tackle to toss the ball to him. Most of the Khorne blocks come up block for a change.

M7: Two humans get free and knock over New Guy. The blitzer ends up with the ball.

K7: Two warriors knock over the ball carrier. TAB picks it up and tosses it a couple of steps to new Guy, again upright.

M8: The ogre kills one of the stronger beastmen, ensuring Khorne will be starting the next half short-handed.

K8: New Guy runs the ball in for the score.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Monk's Marauders

K9: The weather goes back to normal, but only after both teams have a couple of players miss the kickoff, leaving Khorne down in manpower 9-11. The front line pushes back the Marauder line. New Guy picks up the ball runs it forward, but muffs the pass, leaving the ball beside him.

M9: The ogre boneheads on the ground. A catcher and blitzer get beside the ball. Another beastman gets knocked out. A catcher runs in and picks up the ball.

K10: New Guy dodges, picks up the ball, and hands it to TAB. The minotaur knocks out a blitzer, but an apoc keeps him on the pitch. TAB runs downfield.

M10: A blitzer goes for TAB, but knocks himself over.

K11: TAB runs the ball in for the score.

M11: With only 10 players, Khorne stuffs seven on the line, but leaves three deep. The thrower gets under the high kick, but does not catch it. He then picks it up once it stops moving, and runs it forward, meeting his defensive wall. Two catchers run downfield, one with a blitzer companion.

K12: Both catchers get beastmen on them. The minotaur and a warrior get beside the ball-carrier. A warrior gets beside the other passer.

M12: A blitz and a block knock over both the minotaur and the warrior. The ball-carrier runs to the opposite side of the field behind two blockers.

K13: The minotaur and warrior stand up, and the warrior dodges away from the humans near him.

M13: The passer runs forward, keeping two rear blockers this time.

K14: The minotaur injures a blitzer. New Guy blitzes down the passer, and ends up with the ball and a beastman and warrior flanking him.

M14: The thrower stands back up. A catcher wrestles New Guy down, leaving the ball in the thrower's hands.

K15: The thrower is knocked down again. A warrior ends up beside the ball, as does a Marauder blitzer. But Soft-Hands fails to pick up the ball.

M15: Some angling for the ball has little effect.

K16: TAB runs in to knock over a Marauder. Soft-Hands runs forward to pick up the ball, only to fall over dodging.

M16: An A4 blitzer stands, dodges away from TAB, picks up the ball, but muffs the toss to the catcher near the end zone.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Mond's Marauders

Final Thoughts: This was a bit of a mess on all sides. I could knock things down, then Monk couldn't knock things down. With only one casualty inflicted, Khorne doesn't have much to be proud about here. And losing the beastman with Mighty Blow is only going to cut down on casualties in the future. With final matches against Self Inflicted and the Earth Strikers, I do not control my own destiny this season... I sadly have to root against the Lizardmen and the Orcs to have a shot at making it into the playoffs, and I pretty much have to run the table to even get close with a paltry 7-1-6 record.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:47:23 pm by ndkid »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »

Now there's a game I wish I could have back- Nuffle hates sloppy play. Scored too fast in the first half, didn't spread the pitch enough when I had the numbers advantage to start the second, and perhaps most damning of all I could have sprung my Thrower on the last play for a much easier pitch and catch, but I pushed in the wrong direction, leaving me with lots of dice to roll. ndkid flat out beat me.

On the plus side, that fatality gives Dagg Silent the Ogre a levelup, and I still control my own destiny (I think- though next week's match with Charmander just got much more important.) Hopefully I get a chance to revenge myself on ndkid in the playoffs :D

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2012, 06:17:13 am »

I have matches against Self Inflicted and Woot Woot after this, I seriously doubt I'll be making playoffs. Fear not!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2012, 08:07:51 am »

Earth Strikers and Monk's Marauders could honestly go either way, but there's no way I can win against W00t W00t.

Despite my team or my playstyle getting its shit together, I still doubt much that I'll be in contention for the title this time around.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:04 am »

Earth Strikers and Monk's Marauders could honestly go either way, but there's no way I can win against W00t W00t.

Despite my team or my playstyle getting its shit together, I still doubt much that I'll be in contention for the title this time around.
given that I've only won a single game and lost most of the others, I doubt I'm any sort of threat. Except to the skaven team, which ended hilariously the last time
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2012, 02:56:49 pm »

I've found the games to be remarkably unpredictable, and I don't think any of you have teams you simply cannot win against.

The three of you are all very close, and one fortunate/unfortunate game could clinch/eliminate one of you.

I do think ndkid is the favorite, though. Every time I play him, it's a very close game, so he could certainly end the season with consecutive victories. Or he could lose to Warhammer, only one way to find out.

Charmander/Warhammer: You're the last game, still early in the week so don't sweat it, but just a heads up.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 149