Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261094 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 10!
« Reply #375 on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:48 am »

@Kanil
We all have things more important than BB.
I think you are doing a bang up job.
I see no reason to change that.

And besides it was mine and Warhammer's fault for not playing sooner.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »

And besides it was mine and Warhammer's fault for not playing sooner.
When two players schedules don't mesh well, it's nobody's fault -- their schedules simply don't mesh.

Anyway! ank and I played our game, resulting in a 2-1 result in favor of the vampires. An extremely brief summary of events:

ank receives and scores a one turn touchdown.
I spend the next 7 turns trying to injure his players while moving the ball down the field. A couple of fouls help out. A turn 8 touchdown leaves ank with 2 KOs and 2 CAS heading into the second half.
ank only has 8 players, which forces his one turn touchdown player onto the field. Undermanned and understrengthed, ank has few options in the second half. Two vampires seek out the OTTD guy and a foul KOs him. The ball is moved down field and a long stall begins. Meanwhile, a large scrum forms in the middle and continues for the entire half. The ball is run in on T16.
The OTTD guy fails to wake up, and there's no fan riot to push back the clock, so there's no time for an equalizer.

There's not many words, because there's not much to say. Playing with a tight cage and stalling a lot is really boring, but it's the style needed to defeat ank's wood elves. They're a very unusual team to play against, due to the extreme threat posed by their speed, agility, and wardancers. The one turn touchdown guy makes it even more challenging, as you have to ensure that guy is unconscious, injured, or dead by turn 16... or all your work is for naught as he deftly dodges away and sprints to the end zone.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2012, 09:40:51 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Monk's Marauders

Mork buys a HMC, among other things, and elects to receive. Khorne lines up in FFB.

M1: A quick snap pulls several of the Marauders toward the ball. A catcher gets downfield around the edge. The thrower picks up the ball. The rest of the team pulls to one side. The leader of Khorne catches a bad break, but the apocathery cleans it up with the magic sponge.

K1: Khorne pulls to the strong side.

M2: A push along the line clears the way for the thrower to move forward inside a wall.

K2: The deep catcher is pushed to the sideline. A blitzing beastman gets beside the passer.

M3: A beastman is knocked out, and another is knocked off the field, leaving eight Khorne players on the pitch.

K3: The ogre gets knocked down again. TAB fails a 1D block.

M4: A chaos warrior gets knocked out. The thrower gets the ball to the catcher, who runs in the score.

K4: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff. The ball falls near the line. TAB picks it up and runs onto the Marauder side of the pitch, with most of the Khorne team surrounding him.

M5: The humans surround the Khorne wall, with one blitzer getting beside TAB. The orge knocks the Minotaur out.

K5: Khorne injures one lineman, and knocks out another, then another. Speedy knocks himself out trying to 1D block.

M6: More humans push toward TAB.

K6: TAB dodges around the edge and stands with a couple of his fellow beastmen.

M7: TAB is knocked over, and the human thrower picks up the ball.

K7: TAB and the two beastmen surround the thrower.

M8: a blitzer is knocked over dodging.

K8: TAB kills a blitzer, but the apocathary saves him.

Halftime Score: Mork's Marauders 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: Mork gets a perfect defense, which is especially handy given that the Minotaur stayed knocked out, leaving a hole in the middle of the Khorne line that cannot be replaced. TAB picks up the kickoff and tosses it to Soft-Hands. Soft-Hands runs to the middle of the field and is surrounded by most of the team.

M9: The humans start to surround and push in on the Khorne wall.

K10: A catcher is injured. A hole is opened, and Soft-Hands runs through with Speedy beside him.

M10: Four humans surround Soft-Hands and knock him over.

K11: Claw picks up the ball. There's now a fairly large mix of Khorne and Human around the ball carrier.

M11: After some blocks, a blitzer comes up with the ball. A chaos warrior is injured by the ogre.

K12: Several Khorne players surround the blitzer with the ball.

M12: A player fails a dodge, leaving the blitzer with the ball exposed.

K13: The Khorne players knock over the ball carrier, and leave a line of beastman beside the ball.

M13: Some blocks.

K14: TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to Speedy, who runs it in.

M14: Khorne keeps one player deep to protect against the late pass. Perfect defense lets them line up against the ogre. The kick lands near midfield. Thrower picks up the ball. Catcher runs downfield.

K15: A beastman gets free and runs to blitz the thrower with the ball, and falls over at the last minute.

M15: Thrower to Catcher to end zone.

K16:

M16:

Final Thoughts: I hope this is a 4-team playoff league, because I don't deserve to be in the postseason.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:22 pm »

You're just positioning yourself for our traditional semi-final match, is all.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2012, 10:11:36 pm »

It turned out to be a REALLY GOOD idea when I decided to hire another Thrower for the match- he was the one who threw the game-winning TD, and generally did a good job as a tackle assist for the defense. The Catcher on both of my TDs was the rookie, so he'll level up on that- Dagg Silent the Ogre caught MVP, so he's a casualty away from next level. Dagg had a very good game, I don't think he tried to Bonehead even once (I know I used a reroll on him, but I don't recall if it was Bonehead or just bad rolls.)

My first TD happened by virtue of astounding good luck as I out-muscled the Beastmen, and my second TD happened by virtue of my HMC stealing his last reroll. Ignoring those five turns, it was pretty close. I think ndkid outplayed me, and if he'd had his Minotaur to start the second half he probably would have done some more crippling and been able to run out the clock for a draw. Our rematch in two weeks could go very poorly for me since our TV will be closer- assuming nobody dies playing Burnt Pies and his Orcs.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

Just thought I'd stick my head in here and see if there's been any progress on scheduling of the last game of the week- Charmander v Warhammer, right?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:05 pm »

That is indeed the last game this week, thank you.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »

I am terrible at getting motivated to schedule games, sometimes. Generally after crippling defeats. Oh, well.

Either way, it's tentatively Friday.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »

Thank you for the update, and best of luck.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

"Dwarvessssss... thissss is going to hurt. Again..."

The dwarven side starts off with a solid 410k of inducements, picking up a wizard, some bad habits to disrupt the lizards, magic beer and happy fans. The beer was, perhaps, obvious. Nonetheless, one stocky side and one stunty side take to the field, which for today's match, is a boat.

We're on a boat.

The dwarfish side wins the toss and elects to receive, the towering, orange mohawks of the suicidal troll-slayers barely coming up to brush the snouts of the skink front line... which evidently causes them to hesitate enough for the dwarves to get a quick snap as the ball lands short. Touchbacked to Makas the runner, the dwarves start by pulling everyone back in a feint and immediately barricading him in a wall of stunty muscle. The first offensive play of the match is from the wizard, of all people, as a fireball forces Mejj to hit the dirt.

In response, Vorr the Sharktooth all but rips Kraain's leg off, leaving him permanently slower despite the best efforts of the apocethary. Hisil Drek-Troll drops Vorr with a charge from nowhere, the dwarves' natural ability for being hard to knock over working into their hands despite some knocks that, without sturdiness, could have gone either way. In response, a quick shove leaves Makas open to a blitz, but only gets shoved back towards the touchline.

The fearless troll=slayers prove their might against the tough sauruses, mostly in the thick of the brawl barely into the skink half, although Vorr underestimates the muscle and pays for it with a trip into the crowd. Tezz, the skink brought on to replace the crippled Rijj from last game, gets his first ever game cut short with an injury that puts him out, but the skinks get their revenge as the ball is knocked off-field from a tackle by Rexx, although Tyrr fails to make good, fumbling the opportune ball as he tries to pick it up.

Svenaz clears the way with a blitz, while Burgar follows it up with a KO punch to Weyy, while the rest of the dwarves use their rather superior numbers to bring down most of the rest of the side - bad breathed Takk joins Tezz in the injury pile, sure to soon mount up, as Varil recovers the ball from the feet of Tyrr, looking more and more vulnerable. A swift, darting punch from Jarr brings him down, though, as Tyrr fumbles another pickup - but the bouncing ball lands back in his claws after all. Immediately, Uzkul tries to bring him down, but while not being as adept at tackling, fails to do more than shove him a fair distance, even if that leaves Tyrr exposed. As Anor tries to prevent Tyrr's escape, he falls flat on his face with a tailswipe from Garr that gives the skink a chance... except Tyrr ends up hitting the dirt, brought down by the adept arms of Aor. As Garr goes out, the ball is left... rather dangerous, the dwarves left with ample time to score and dwindling opposition numbers with little in the way of defence. And no-one standing - although that doesn't stop the dwarves, as Burgar puts the boot in and gets sent off because of it.

Mejj scrambles up, too far to offer a defence, and stomps Svenhk into unconsciousness. Jarr slips away from the dwarven line, but there's little that can be done to stop the ball, the stunty side taking their sweet time to shut down a skink counter-offensive, as Dagg picks up the bakk and waddles in to bring the score to 1-0 to the dwarves.

The skinks are left with barely enough time to score, and little in the way of a squad to do it with. Still, there's one counter to the dwarven Full Frontal Brutality, except that gets rendered null and void with a perfect defensive set up by the dwarves. The ball goes long, though, and Novv starts with the ball in his claws as time ticks down - he slips away, but Sorr fails to escape, and gets hurt for his efforts. The dwarves shot down the saurus defence, adding insult to injury by knocking out Vorr once more, as Svenaz seems to be the lone dwarf attempting to stop Novv. A bolt from the blue fails to do anything to Novv, though, and he slips away to equalise as time runs out.

Even after half-time, the skinks are still down four Stormers, or possibly the Stormers are down four skinks... or two skinks, two saurus. It's complicated. Still, the skinks set up to receive... only to have runner Novv taken out by a stray rock. A few quick shoves leaves the ball exposed, but Irzz fails to make good on a quick pass to secure the ball and it bounces, closer to the skink endzone than not, but still in a dangerous place. Especially as Hisil clears Irzz from the ball by putting him onto the planks. Uzkul recovers the ball, holding it safe and tight but causing no end of grief for the skinks. Well, temporarily, anyway, as the ever-slippery Jarr sprints to end Uzkul's match. Tyrr recovers the ball and backs off, waiting for an opening elsewhere on the field as slim as that seems, as Hisil works his way closer to him. However, the dwarves leave an opening for Tyrr to slip past and hand off to Garr, who tears off up-field with no hope of being caught, although the tackling goes worse elsewhere.

In response, the dwarves and their numbers start pounding the skins into the dirt, as Garr stays far, far away, although a waddling Anor serves to make life difficult for him. Or at least, for a few moments - Tyrr sprints around and drops Anor, giving Garr a straight run to the endzone to put the skinks 2-1 up with a quarter of the match to go.

At the kickoff, Mejj gets the chance to bolt forward, although fails to stop the dwarves from recovering the ball, and goes down for his efforts, and Irzz, in that ever-dangerous touchline position, goes down and out and into the apothecary's hut. Once more a box forms, and once more the skinks are on the defensive, although an opening lets Vorr smash the ball-carrying Dagg into the deck. The ball scatters out of the box, but not a single blue claw can reach it safely, and at the moment the dwarves still have the positional advantage. Tackles reign down on the three towering saurusses, and Makas snatches the ball from the ground with a pair of safe hands as he switches sides, backed up by bearded barrel-rollers, but Jarr fails to get more than a shunt on Makas and Rexx fails to back him up at all.

Makas breaks off and heads deep, the tackle-heavy side shutting down skink mobility with well-placed, stocky, bearded bastards, and Ravv and Tyrr aim to at least slow down the ball-carrying dwarf, but Tyrr messes up the block and leaves the dwarves with an ample opportunity to score as Ravv ends up down and hurting. The drums roll as Makas heads south, Tyrr literally the only skink in range - and the concussion-suffering lizard has enough troubles. However, he manages to shove Makas away in a daring move, but the effort is all four naught - without enough backup, he gets dropped, and Makas runs the ball in the final play, the whistle blowing the moment the dwarves equalise.

Weyy earns MVP for the Stormers for... getting knocked out, while Araraz gets the Earth Strikers' own for... doing nothing of note.

(...Didn't expect to draw. Didn't expect to not have any serious injuries, either... especially with how gutsy Tyrr was being.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 11!
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

Match validated, and we're on to week 11!

warhammer651 - Earth Strikers vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
ank - w00t w00t vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders

The season's winding down, but there's still 12 points available -- nobody's eliminated yet.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2012, 08:34:41 am »

ndkid had a crash in turn 1, so we need the game reset.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2012, 02:29:52 pm »

Game reset. Hopefully rescheduling isn't too much of a deal.

If only Cyanide wasn't terrible, and the players could do that themselves...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

Game reset. Hopefully rescheduling isn't too much of a deal.

If only Cyanide wasn't terrible, and the players could do that themselves...

As long as I don't oversleep (though I am up late) we'll be able to redo in eight hours. My desktop appears to be acting stable again.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2012, 10:12:20 am »

Kobb's Khorne v. w00t w00t

w00t w00t elects to receive.

w1: Passer tosses the ball to the M10 catcher, who runs it in for the score.

K1: TAB pulls back to receive the kick. A beastman injures the first elf. TAB picks up the ball and launches it to an up-and-coming beastman (who got A4 on his first skill bump). New Guy runs behind the center line, which has also knocked over the treeman.

w2: woot mostly plays for position, making a single block and moving little.

K2: The Khorne wall pushes forward a few yards, with New Guy having to stand beside the downed treeman.

w3: The treeman again fails to stand up. The elves all peel away from the line, and two slip around the edges to the rear of the Khorne wall.

K3: A push-block opens up a bit of a gap on the left wing, giving room for the wall to move forward a bit on the left flank. A bit of a hole opens in the back left corner of the wall as a result.

w4: The treeman again fails to stand up. A collection of four elves knocks over a warrior and a beastman on one edge of the formation. A catcher gets beside New Guy. A wardancer blitzes New Guy down, leaving the ball in TABs three hands. The thrower knocks himself over trying to GFI into position.

K4: TAB runs forward with the ball, getting ahead of the wall. The team follows up, with a foul on the thrower to make sure he stays down.

w5: Lots of elves get in the path to the goal line.

K5: A small, 2-dodge gap opens for TAB with blocks, but he elects not to take it. The wall tightens.

w6: The defensive line backs up a step. The thrower gets out of harm's way.

K6: A hole is opened, and TAB runs the ball in.

w7: Khorne continues a modified lineup, with the Minotaur's tentacles protecting one sideline, and trying to find a combination of players that can protect the other. It doesn't work; the treeman pushes the minotaur out of the way, the thrower picks up the ball and tosses it to the M10, and the M10 takes it in for the score.

K7: New Guy picks up the ball and tosses it to TAB. TAB runs toward the center line, and gets some defenders. Speedy runs downfield.

w8: Some knockdowns and pushes

K8: The path is cleared for TAB to make a pass. Then he double-fails his dodge.

Halftime Score: w00t w00t 2 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

K9: The half is opened with an injury to a lineman from a beastman. New Guy picks up the ball and launches it to Speedy, who runs to midfield without too much support. The rest of the team moves toward the elven backfield.

w10: The treeman begins the process of staying down. A catcher runs into the Khorne backfield. Several elves collapse toward the ball-carrier.

K11: Speedy dodges away from the danger through a hole made by blocks and gets downfield with several friends. An elf gets knocked out.

w11: The treeman stands up. Two linemen run toward Speedy. A wardancer falls over trying to get back.

K12: Speedy runs the ball in for the score.

w12: Khorne lines up in another attempt to protect the flanks, doomed to failure. w00t gets a quick snap. The ball is a touchback. The treeman pushes the warrior beside the catcher away. Unfortunately, ank made a tactical error, putting a *normal* catcher beside the treeman. Even with the bump from the quick snap, he can't make it in. Two other catchers run to TAB, who's the rearguard. The rest of the team backs off the center line. A wardancer falls over on a GFI.

K13: TAB makes his two dodges, blitzes down the ball carrier, picks up the ball himself, and runs it forward a couple of paces. Most of the Khorne teams runs back to support. Soft-Hands runs downfield.

w13: A wardancer strips the ball from TAB. A catcher picks it up and throws it to another for the touchdown.

K14: New Guy picks up the ball and tosses it to TAB. The treeman goes down. TAB runs forward with three friends.

w14: Elves go on the defensive, while knocking down several beastmen.

K15: A line forms along the sideline, and TAB gets behind it, feeling between a literal rock and hard place. The treeman and minotaur knock each other over.

w15: A catcher actually falls over trying to dodge.

K16: TAB runs the ball in for the score.

w14: With a deep sigh, Khorne lines up all but three players back a space from the line of scrimmage, putting the Minotaur on one edge, and Speedy with his tackle on the other. Then, to keep things interesting, a riot breaks out, and the clock is pushed back. The treeman knocks over speedy, leaving him to miss the next game (though the Apoc did offer to kill him, instead). The thrower passes the ball to the catcher, who runs it to the goal line and stops.

K15: Khorne runs toward the ball

w15: Catcher takes the score

K16: A blitz means the wood elves end up with the ball. A warrior knocks him over, New Guy picks up the ball, tosses it to TAB, who runs forward and hands it to a rookie, who runs it downfield with a warrior to protect him. A foul on the treeman gets noticed.

w16:

Final Score: w00t w00t 4 - 3 Kobb's Khorne

Final Thoughts: Ank is showing what a Wood Elf team does once it gets a +2MA catcher. In essence, it's our jobs to kill that guy, because until we do, Ank will only lose games when he makes mistakes. I'd challenge anyone to come up with a reasonable defense against a wood elf team that has a treeman and a M10 catcher that doesn't involve killing that guy.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 149