Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261077 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 9!
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2012, 03:04:01 pm »

We're still waiting on two games?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

Correct. Charmander vs Burnt Pies, and ank vs warhammer.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2012, 10:22:42 am »

anyone know what ank's steam handle is?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2012, 05:04:37 pm »

"We're facin' Orcsss... of courssse we're facin' orcsss when we're down two of our own."

The Stormer's lineup is devoid of two figures - Jarr the Belugafaced, and less-rookie Sorr, both with injuries sustained the previous game. Down to thirteen lizards, and facing a bunch of orcs, is not the best of situations they could be encountering at this stage in the season. The Orcish side still has 190k of inducements, though, and purchase a wizard and drugs for Tuffgang. The Big Bads win the toss and elect to receive, as Ravv kicks off.

As the ball goes high, news reaches the players that the fans... had their way with the referee, and the replacement is not particularly... confident. Tuffgang, meanwhile, receives the long kick, and Grabek the black orc, instead of going for ribs, smashes Rijj's neck and ends his career, but not his life. The game starts out slow, otherwise - the orcs forming a wall of green muscle, the skinks a wall of blue, each waiting for the other side to make a move first. As Tuffgang moves up field, though, this opportunity gives the orcs a chance to set up one of their patented boxes, walling the gobbo in and protecting him from errant claws and sharpened bone adornments that would otherwise lie in wait. The wizard sees his use early, though - a rogue fireball from the heavens stuns Novv and leaves him down.

Vorr gets a lucky stike in the knocks out Grabek, as Tuffgang gets chainshoved, but the skinks are unable to do much more than that... and in kind, Mejj gets overconfident and is dropped by the bulky blitzer Morru, out of the match for good. Rexx and Nirr work to pressure the box with a quick shove, but the orcish might quickly shuts the pair down. And most of the rest of the stormers - only Garr and Tyrr the Slipstreamed come out of it standing, as they scramble to mobilize a defence... or would, if Weyy didn't get brought down trying to scramble up.

Consequently, the Orcs neglect scoring for a moment, the coach proving their assholitude by taking time to grind and foul the skinks under the petrified eye of the ref, Tyrr very nearly having his career ruined for good as he gets pounded before Tuffgang merrily walks the ball in.

With a rapidly dwindling supply of muscle, the skinks are looking like forfeiting would be the better answer - at least, if the replacement ref wasn't lynched during the interval. Possibly by irate skink fans at the behav-- oh, who am I kidding, there aren't any. Nonetheless, the replacement, replacement ref takes the field as play starts once more. although the line of scrimmage sees little progress save for Morru seeing stars, and Irvv getting a face full of greenskin fist in an attempt to open the field a little... and in response, Tuffgang manages to, with the opening, surge forth and grab the ball. His reward is a knockout punch from Tyrr and Mazz, the two battlescarred skinks that bring him down, but the Stormers make zero progress as Novv proves his uselessness in tackling.

Rikber takes the opportunity to put the boot in, but the Ref sees that little action and sends him off. In the opening made, Rexx smashes Mogram out of the game, giving Tyrr the chance to pass safely to Irzz who sprints downfield. The orc's slow speed means that the touchdown is practically guaranteed in the dying minutes of the half, and consequently, the orcs put the boot in. Hard. Takk gets knocked out because of it, but Irzz finishes his charge and scores, equalising as time ticks away to finish the half.

Thankfully, Takk stands up, the sides taking to the pitch once more. A bout of tactics for each side means both teams are bolstered for the second half, and play starts with Takk clearing the way for Mazz to hand off to Garr who sprints forth, but any semblance of backup is ignored as Nirr faceplants in front of Grubfag, the backline gobbo. Morru sprints forth to srop Garr and recover the ball, while four orcs harass the everloving hell out of Takk for having the gall to do as much. Nirr and Garr scramble up, and with the help of Weyy, manage to do little than earn Nirr a ticket to the apothecary's hut for their troubles. Once more the skink side is foundering, beaten and lacking in upright team members, as Morru slips free and out of the danger zone, although rapidly Takk and a mob of skinks bound towards the ball-carrying protobox.

The skinks are promptly blown away with various green fists, while Morru takes the rather leisurely, opened-up path and strolls towards the endzone. He is quickly bought down by the combined might of Mazz, Tyrr and Ravv, and soon quickly backed up by Weyy, as Tyrr recovers the ball in a vague attempt for safety. Gugnail manages to bring him down anyway, though, but no orcs can get their fingers on the ball and it lies dead for a few moments. While a play is opened up with a tackle from Rexx, Mazz fails to make it count with a fumbled pass that leaves the ball on the ground once more. Ravv is knocked out with a slap from Tokgask, while Glulop gouges Mazz's eye to boot, eaving there even less in the way of a defence for the skink side, but Riksla attempts to shut down Tyrr with a kick to the cloaca. Grubfag collects the ball, but the orcish wizard drops a fireball that stuns Irzz and puts Rexx out of the match.

Tyrr tries to put up a valiant defence, but can't do more than shove the gobbo, and promptly gets almost killed once more, but manages to get dragged off-field before things get worse. Irzz joins them as Grubfag walks the ball in, orcs going 2-1 up with almost no time left.

At this point there is practically no reason for the skinks to even take the field - down to five lizards, the Stormers are... really asking why they still have to play at this point. A the ball is kicked for the final play of the game, a blizzard sweeps across the pitck, further punishing the skink's running and (lack of) a passing game, as if they needed less of a chance. Garr joins the seven other Stormers in the apothecary pile with a thump, while Tuffgang harrasses the ball-carrying Novv. Morru ends up putting him out as well, as Tuffgang scores, 3-1 up and with... no real opposition.

Rijj gets the MVP for some ungodly reason, except he's getting released as part of the "useless cripple" program. At that point, the coach is seen loading a crossbow and heading to the back room, because this was utter fucking bullshit.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

I got a little bit carried away with the tackling in that game, I think. The Dice very much favoured me, with injuries galore, tackles going right, and occasional failed dodges/GFIs from the Skinks.

Most of the tackling was for a reason other than nastiness, though. The fewer people on the field, the easier I can score. The fouls were on skinks with catching skills; I've seen passes turn a game around, and it was anyone's game until the closing stages. Shutting down the most likely passes seemed like a good idea.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2012, 08:27:10 pm »

Ank is still MIA. He was supposed to message me when he was ready to play but never did
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

anyone know what ank's steam handle is?

Ank. He's the Ank in the B12 Bloodbowl Group if you're having trouble catching him via pm.

And for some reason, reading that Lizard/Orc match feels like a dire portent of things to come for me.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:24 am »

Ank is still MIA. He was supposed to message me when he was ready to play but never did
So how long do we wait for ank?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:26 pm »

I try to keep "weeks" from lasting more than 10 days, which is today.

However, I've been doing a poor job of managing the league lately, and haven't actually contacted ank myself yet -- something I should have done days ago. If you could kindly allow me one day to do so, that'd be nice. ank's been playing for three seasons, it seems unlikely he'd just up and quit without a word.

My apologies for my poor management.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2012, 08:16:26 am »

I spoke to him on steam yesterday, he's still interested.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2012, 10:42:51 am »

I spoke to him on steam yesterday, he's still interested.
So that leaves ank and warhammer to work out their match; is this in process?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

Match has been scheduled to be played in 4 hours.
have faith!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2012, 04:35:30 pm »

Match has been played!
Move forward to the next week!

Warhammer had 800k inducements, bought a wizard, halfling chef and some bribes.

The chef took 1 reroll each half, and the wizard kocked down a few people, but not really impacting the game.

Game started out with me getting a blitz on the kickoff, making scoring on the first turn even easier, which i did, no biggy.

Warhammer dropped the ball and the elves ran it in, like it was nothing.

Then the Dorfs totally destroyed the elven team. Killing Brenda(I had asked him to do so earlier), and badly hurting 2 more elves.
When the dorfs looked around the just saw sleeping elves and decided to run it in, after kicking some more elves in the nads.

HALF TIME

The elves gets the free turn for defence kickoff result, which usually equals free goal as elves swarm the landing spot.
And predictably it does.

The dorfs try for a cage again on the right side, and the elves batter it down, untill they push 3 dorfs off the pitch in one turn, including the ballcarrier.
Ball goes to midfield, and elves do what they do and score.

Elves 4 - 1 Dorfs

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 10!
« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »

Matchups for week 10:

Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs warhammer651 - Earth Strikers
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs ank - w00t w00t
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders

I am willing to step down from management of the league if someone else wishes to replace me -- either on a permanent or temporary basis. This "week" has shown I clearly have other things on my mind than whether two people on the internet are playing their video game or not. If nobody is willing, I'll continue to press the buttons.

My apologies to everyone.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:55:22 pm by Kanil »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 10!
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:53 pm »

Pfft. I have no complaints with the management of this league, nor am I terribly upset that people (including myself) have lives beyond the Blood Bowl pitch. A twelve day "week" during the school year is hardly the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 149