Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261069 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 1!
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »

Hurrah, we have our first match played! Result validated.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2012, 04:54:14 pm »

For much of the match the pitch was rainy, and my lack of Catcher (He caught a concussion in the last game of the last season) meant none of my guys could be relied on to grab a ball, especially in a tackle zone. Warhammer broke through my defenses early, but last ditch tackles and a failed GFI roll meant his runner was one square away from my touchline at half time.

2nd half, I received, forgot I was receiving and deployed without anyone on my backline. Fortunately, the scatter favoured me and the kick landed within Tuffgang the Gobbo's movement, where he promptly picked it up. Defensive cage took us over to my left, where tuffgang, Stonerot the Troll and one of my linesmen broke away, avoiding Warhammers' near-impenetrable defensive line. Tuffgang punched a blitzing dwarf in the face (He rolled skull, rerolled, skull.), but I decided against the GFI to touchdown, due to my distrust of GFIs (And there was only one Dwarf who had a chance of stopping us. Stonerot blitzed him.). After a bit of Violence, Tuffgang scored our touchdown, treating us both to a dose of hip-thrusting Goblin.

After that, it was just violence; I blitzed Warhammer's runner, he dropped the ball on the halfway line and we had 2 turns of punching each other and failing to pick up a ball. Last turn, a Blitzer picks up the ball (I was surprised!), but he's not got the MA to do anything with it. Also, my other Goblin, Grubfag, gets fouled, killing him until he's seen to by the apothecary, who informs us it's just a fractured arm.

Other injuries were a Dwarf being Badly Hurt, one Black Orc and 2 linesmen getting KO'd and Stonerot the Troll getting his arm fractured in the first tackle of the game. Fortunately for Stonerot, the arm knitted back together as he trudged over to the injury box, and he rejoined the game after halftime.

Excellent game, and no lasting harm on either side. Luck flitted between us, settling on neither, but I think I had a slightly easier time of it, despite the 3 KOs and 2 arm fractures.

Oh, and Warhammers' achilles heel is Blitzing Goblins. It just doesn't work for him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:57:06 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2012, 05:53:25 pm »

Oh, and Warhammers' achilles heel is Blitzing Goblins. It just doesn't work for him.

TWICE IT HAPPENED!

ON MY BLITZERS!

WHAT THE HELL DICE!?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »

Monks Marauders 1 - 3 w00t w00t

The marauders were going strong in the first half, although the elves managed to score the first goal, it was only by sheer luck.
Lots of elves was going down left and right, and 2 went out with minor injuries.

Halftime score was 2 - 1 to the elves.

Then disaster struck in the second half as the tree promptly KILLED the Ogre... the branching was so severe that the apothecary could do nothing for him.

The humans ran to the right side, and the elves quickly boxed them in, and kept beating down the catcher every time he got up.
The rest of the half was the elves mercilessly beating on the quickly diminishing human survivors.
Turn after turn the elves got closer and closer, and finally got to the thrower and relieved him of the ball.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2012, 12:42:25 pm »

To the surprise of exactly nobody, I lost to Ank's Wood Elves. Quite frankly, I was expecting to lose worse than I did- might've held it to a one point game if my Ogre hadn't died on what, first play of the second half? But hey, now I have some idea what I'm doing, so next game should go better hopefully.

FAKEEDIT: Ah, he's being too kind. He scored on turn two of the first half after receiving, at which point I went into Operation Ball Control. My offensive sputtered a bit over the halfway line, and a Wardancer managed to get to my Thrower and he coughed up the ball. In my infinite wisdom, I tried shoving an elf onto the ball to make it bounce forward so I could run it in, but it bounced backwards through several players before ending up in the open near a group of elves. He quickly took advantage.

I got a bit of a second win on the last play of the first half, when his Tree (curse you Beechbranch!) rolled Attacker Down twice in a row as I recall, before he was able to cover my catcher, so I had an easy pitch and catch to score a touchdown. Of course, then the Ogre died and a random Lineman fractured his leg and everybody fell over to start the second half, so I didn't have much time to capitalize on my momentum. Pretty much all violence after that, swarming elves knocking humans down and off the pitch as the pocket collapsed, despite me getting luck on several 1 die desperation rolls.

But hey, Ank graciously informed me of the various game mechanics I didn't understand, and I'm an insufferable optimist. Good game!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »

Wood Elves are expected to score on turn 2. The problem is them still having a team after another 6 turns of the other team having the ball. Then the 8 after that in the second half.

The loss of the ogre is really unfortunate, but the Blitzers are the real stars on the team, so hopefully you'll be able to recover -- it's a long season.

Edit: Played my game against Jartol, ended in a 2-2 tie after Jartol made a pair of nice moves to drag the ball three quarters of the way down the pitch on his turn 16. Turns out 5 AG gutter runners are pretty good.

Annoyingly, my best vampire is MNG after I declined to apothecary him, forgetting that it was turn 15 and the game was almost over -- thus I was unlikely to suffer another injury... and forgetting that my next game is a tough one vs ndkid.

A poor start to the season, but... you'll have that. At least I didn't lose. I imagine Jartol shares the sentiment.

Only one game left this week. Charmander/ndkid, how's it going? Still got plenty of time, but I'm just curious if you've had any progress in scheduling something?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:18:44 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2012, 08:35:22 am »

Only one game left this week. Charmander/ndkid, how's it going? Still got plenty of time, but I'm just curious if you've had any progress in scheduling something?

We talked several times since the schedule went up, but I had a relatively busy weekend that didn't mesh well with the 5-hour time zone difference. I might be able to fit in a game by 21:30-22:00 Charmander's time (GMT) tomorrow, if he's up for it.... just have to make sure I catch the train home from work before the rush hour traffic hits.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2012, 11:31:30 am »

It's only been three days since the season started, so no rush. Just wanted to make sure you two are figuring something out, is all.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

Page 5? THIS THREAD SHALL NOT DIE!!!

So, another season of Blood Bowl means another season of my intricately long game recaps!

Week 1: Kobb's Khorne vs. Sahagin Stormers
Stormers elect to receive
S1: As Khorne goes to line up in FFB, the refs don't seem to notice that there are 12 Khorne players on the pitch. Even after kickoff, the referees didn't seem to be capable of counting. The Sauruses, annoyed at the obvious favoritism (and on their home pitch, no less!), begin knocking over beastmen. The Skinks pick up the ball, and send a man deep into the Khorne side of the pitch.

K1: NATAB hurts a skink. TAB and a friend run to shadow the deep skink. Another beastman penetrates the defensive line and goes toward the ball-carrier.

S2: Some pushing and knocking over, and a failed skink pass.

K2: TAB runs to beside the errant pass, but can't get to it. He eyes the original target skink, Garr, suspiciously. Two beastman get beside him.

S3: More skinks run toward the ball. NATAB gets knocked over by a saurian/skink double-team. But Garr falls over trying to get away from his two beastman "friends".

K3: TAB picks up the ball and runs forward with a couple of rear blockers. The Minotaur manages to knock himself over before more beastman can get back to flank TAB.

S4: A two-skink team manages to knock TAB over, leaving the ball in front of one of his blockers. One of the skinks picks it up, but drops it again.

K4: One of TABs two blockers injures a skink. The other pushes another skink out of bounds. TAB remains on the ground, stunned. Some more knockdowns in irrelevant spots, and then a chaos warrior knocks himself over and out of the game.

S5: A skink dodges into the end zone. Another tries to pick up the ball, but muffs it.

K5: Beastmen knock the defenders from around TAB, who stands up, picks up the ball, and begins forward.

S6: Sauruses go on a rampage, knocking Khorne players over right and left.

K6: TAB runs forward. The Khorne line stands back up.

S7: The minotaur's tentacles keep a skink from running into trouble. Many beastman go down, but only one saurus and no skinks get beside TAB.

K7: TAB runs forward, and tosses the ball to speedy, who runs it in.

S8: With a couple of blocks, a Skink falls over on his way to not-quite-making-it-in to score.

K8: Speedy injures another skink.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Sahagin Stormers

K9: TAB gets under the high kick, and runs forward with the ball. The front line of the FFB surges forward.

S9: A saurus manages to find a hole to blitz TAB, and pushes TAB back. A skink-double team on a beastman knocks both the beastman and the skink down.

K10: TAB breaks the tackles and tosses the ball to Speedy, who runs downfield with it. The Minotaur knocks himself over trying to make a hole on the front line.

S10: Skinks swarm on Speedy, knocking the ball out of his hands. A skink picks it up, and falls over trying to run it forward.

K11: After a large number of blocks, one beastman who normally plays the line manages to pick up the ball.

S11: A Saurus knocks the ball carrier over, stunning him. A skink picks up the ball, runs forward, and muffs the pass.

K12: A Chaos warrior injures another skink. TAB gets beside the skink nearest the ball, as does Tail. The Minotaur hurts himself trying to make a block.

S12: The Sauruses decimate the midfield, with the Minotaur gone. A skink gets the ball, and leaves it landed in the middle of a pile of Sauruses.

K13: Tail injures a skink. TAB manages to pick up the ball despite a couple of tacklers, and runs it forward, only to fall over when he gets beside Speedy downfield.

S13: A skink falls over trying to dodge.

K14: Speedy knocks over a skink, and TAB picks up the ball and moves it to beside Speedy. However, the woes continue at midfield, with a chaos warrior knocking himself over.

S14: A saurus runs back, knocks over TAB, and fails to pick up the ball. A skink picks up the ball, but muffs the pass.

K15: After some blocks, Speedy dodges from the Saurus, manages to pick up the ball, and gets it into the end zone.

S15: A skink is injured by a thrown rock. Another skink picks up the ball and tosses it to the edge, where another skinks runs it beside the goal line. Yet another skink knocks himself over trying to dodge away from tail.

K16: TAB and NATAB get beside the skink with the ball. A chaos warrior knocks himself over blocking a saurus.

S16: The ball carrier can't dodge far enough

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 Sahagin Stormers

Thoughts: This was a solid warm-up. I feel a little dirty about it because of the glitch that let me start the first half with 12 players. Charmander, as always, handled it with the greatest of sportsmanship.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »

"Ssssso we're playing one of the harder teamssss in the league first game, and Tyrr the Ssssslipssstreamed is still out? We can ssssstill do thisss guysss! Ssshow thosse Khorne-loverssss who the bessst god isss!"

The skinks elect to receive. The first injury is on turn one of the Khorne side, Ravv going down and out with a hard punch from Lyfagor. Badly hurt, but he's still on 0SPP and looking to stay there for a while. The ball goes far on the skink's turn 2, from one touchline to the other, but hope of scoring is blocked off with fine defensive play from the Khonate side. Nirr joins Ravv in turn four, and Garr is flung off the pitch, leaving the Stormers three lizards down, but Mejj evens things up after a bad block sends Plag to the injury box. All being said and done, the skinks couldn't slow down the chaos side's approach with no mobility from the crippling lack of skinks, and it's an easy seventh-turn run in for Cramulgor and Sprafy Claw to put the Khornate team 1-0 up.

The eighth turn leaves the skink team with too little time to score, despite Garr's valiant charge, and it's with heavy hearts the blue-skinned team return to the changing room. Well, except for Invv, who goes to the apothecary's hut instead, thanks to a last-minute beastman headbutt.

An early turnaround in the second half leaves the deep-lying ballcarrier Sprafy on the dirt with three skinks on top of him, but Garr stumbles on a long spring after a successful recovery, depositing the ball back on the line of scrimmage, and Garr in the apothecary's hut with a wet towel on his snout. Although the Khornate side recover the ball, a quick tackle from Jarr scuppers those plans and the ball goes wild for Sorr to collect, and promptly fumble, the ball as he tries to pass it. In the resulting carnage, Rijj goes down, the apothecary almost killing him in the process, but he's sent onto the sidelines to recover, and Vorr manages to bring Orgirush down with him in a bad tackle that puts the mutated minotaur out. As the skinks recover, Sorr proves his worth by fumbling a second time, but the ball lays in the middle of a mob of sauruses, protected by hulking blue scales.

Novv goes down hard after a tackle by Shilow, making the total casualty count for the skinks five with three turns to go, the ball worked into the open by shoves for Cramulgor to pick up with ease, but he goes down from a stumble and the ball remains in play, if in a dangerous position for the skink side. They manage to fail to capitalise as Sorr, once again, shows how amateur he is, with a failed tackle from the meatgrinder in midfield. Cramulgor recovers once more, but is brought down by an angered Jarr, with Weyy recovering the ball. However, he fails to make the pass, going down hard. In turn, Sprafy slips away from Jarr to grab the ball and score with one turn to go, putting the score 2-0 in favour of Khorne.

As the ball is kicked for the last play of a match, the fans, frustrated at the skink scoreline, put Garr in the apothecary's hut with a well-lobbed rock. Amazingly, Rijj launches a perfect pass to Mazz who charges off upfield. Sorr tries to cover, but joins the five other skinks in the Apothecary's tent, and leaves Mazz exposed. Weyy goes down unconscious seconds later, and Mazz fails to slip from the pair of beastmen that shut him down, leaving the score 2-0.

The Skinks troop off the pitch, disappointed, but... against a team harder-hitting than them and that have decimated the other side every time they've played, five non-serious injuries is practically a win.

At least, we can keep telling ourselves that.

(Seriously, Nuffle hated me that game. Too many fumbles, not enough dodges.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 2!
« Reply #265 on: August 02, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Game validated.

Matchups for Week Two:
warhammer651 - Earth Strikers vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ank - w00t w00t vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads

Get scheduling!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:04:33 pm by Kanil »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

I won the game between me and Jartol, 2-1, with a metric crap ton of injuries on his players. by the final turn, almost all of his players were either injured or unconscious and off the field. I think one of his major mistakes was allowing himself to get pinned between my players and the OOB line, especially since getting knocked out of bounds is an automatic injury. He also made the mistake of never getting his players to stand up when they could, often opting to make risky plays instead which resulted in a number of turnovers.

This wound up hurting him a lot in the second half when my heartier, incredibly aggressive dwarves began to outnumber his skaven. It got to the point that... well...

All in all, i thought it was a pretty fun game, though with how hard he was getting stomped I wouldn't be suprised if he hated my guts now.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2012, 04:17:48 pm »

Week 2: Kobb's Khorne vs. Self Inflicted

K1: Khorne lines up in FFB in response to SI's three-thrall line. The HMC leeches a reroll from Khorne to SI. Cheering fans give the roll back. Khorne knocks over the thrall line. TAN needs a reroll to pick up the ball, then muffs the short pass to NATAB.

S1: Count Luthor blitzes TAB, picks up the ball, and begins to go downfield with it.

K2: Tail gets beside the count. With some other help, the count gets knocked over. The A4 Warrior picks the ball up and launches it at NATAB, but ends up with it going behind the vampire front line, which is even better.

S2: One of the vampires runs back, picks the ball up, and tosses it to another one, who runs to the goal line with it.

K3: A Warrior and Tail run downfield and blitz the ball carrier down. The Minotaur knocks himself and a thrall down.

S3: Kanil misclicks and ends the turn.

K4: Tail picks up the ball and runs forward. Most of the rest of the team forms a wall around him. TAB knocks out a thrall.

S4: Vampires begin hypnotizing the wall. Count Luthor stands up and blitzes TAB, getting only a push. The vampire by the goal line stands up and begins to move toward the wall.

K5: Tail moves away from the pile, runs toward TAB and NATAB, but flubs the pass. (The process also uses the last reroll of the half.)

S5: A vampire picks up the ball and dodges back toward the end zone, but flubs the handoff to the Count. The bouncing ball ends up back in his hands.

K6: A warrior knocks over the count. Another warrior knocks out a vampire. TAB runs back, picks up the ball, launches it to NATAB... who, with three hands, can't manage the catch. The Minotaur with the broken neck can't pick up the bouncing ball, which then lands beside them both.

S6: A squad of thralls push NATAB and the minotaur back, leaving NATAB beside the ball. A vampire runs back and picks up the ball, and tries tossing it to the count, but muffs the pass.

K7: NATAB picks up the ball and runs toward the end zone. The vampire closest to him gets blitzed down, leaving just a few thralls near midfield. The rest of Khorne runs back toward midfield.

S7: A vampire stands up and hypnotizes the minotaur. A thrall gets to NATAB. Another one blitzes in and knocks him over.

K8: NATAB strains the groin of the thrall who knocked him down. A chaos warrior knocks himself over making a block.

S8: Some Khorne players get knocked around.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 0 - 0 Self Inflicted

S9: Khorne lines up in FFB. The HMC gets a reroll, and SI gets a quick snap. SI goes on a rampage, stunning a Warrior, and knocking over two beastmen. A vampire runs deep, and another picks up the ball.

K9: The minotaur, who has been freed up by the thralls running from the line, runs back and blitzes the deep vampire off the pitch. (Because the previously KOed vamp didn't wake up, that just leaves the count and the ball carrier as vampires on the pitch.)

S10: The Count returns the favor and knocks the minotaur off the pitch. The ball carrier decides to stop for a drink from a thrall, but then makes the pass to the Count.

K10: TAB runs back, blitzes the count with some help, and nabs the ball.

S11: Count Luthor and two thralls surround TAB.

K11: With a blitz from speedy, TAB gets free, tosses the ball to NATAB, who runs downfield with it. The rest of the team tries to surround the potential spoilers.

S12: A thrall breaks the arm of team captain Fritz. A vampire pushes a warrior off the pitch.

K12: NATAB continues to run toward the end zone; the rest of the team tries to keep as many SI players down as possible.

S13: Count Luthor starts the long run toward NATAB. The other vampire breaks free and does so, as well.

K13: Tail tries to put himself between the vampire and NATAB. So does TAB. NATAB holds, waiting for instructions.

S14: The Vampire dodges around, and knocks NATAB over. The count comes and picks up the ball, and tosses it back to a waiting thrall at midfield, who runs it downfield.

K14: Tail and TAB begin the long, futile run back toward the ball.

S15: The thrall runs to the goal line and waits.

K15: Tail and TAB continue their futile run.

S16: The thrall runs the ball in.

K16: I get a consolation casualty on a thrall, and pass SPP for TAB.

Final Score: Self Inflicted 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: I snatched defeat from the jaws of at least a tie, and potentially a victory, by thinking I had a better shot at stopping a vampire than I actually did.

Up through that point, it was one of those amazingly tense games that Kanil and I seem to habitually have. In the first half, neither of us could get a consistent offense going, with failed rolls or getting knocked down always stopping us before we could press the advantage. I gambled at the end and lost, and I'll kick myself for that for a while, but it was a darn good game, all the same.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

Indeed, our matches are always very interesting, and greatly enjoyable.

The game probably should have ended 2-0 in your favor, though. I only stopped you from scoring on two rather low probability plays. We'll see how our next game goes further in the season, and perhaps the soon to be traditional semi-final match?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »

Match between me and Ank ended W00t W00t 2, BBB's 0.

The match started well, with my HMC stealing 2 rerolls from Ank, bringing me to 7. This, combined with my Inducements (700k, netting me a HMC, 2 Agi pots, another reroll, a str Pot, a Wizard and -1 reroll to Ank) brought me to 7 rerolls vs Ank's 1, which I felt was a good ratio. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the only piece of good news I got all game.

Ank elected to receive, and the high AG of the elves meant a catcher easily slipped through my tackle zones, received turn 2s pass and ran it in. To add injury to insult, Grabek the Black Orc received treefist in his face, which was another case of dead-until-the-apothecary-sees-him. Turns out he was just Badly Hurt. Ank kicked the ball out of bounds after that, which meant Tuffgang the Gobbo was handed the ball, and ran for the safety of a hastily erected defensive cage. Unfortunately for the orcs, the Wardancers handily slipped through the gaps in it, knocked over Tuffgang and sent the ball bouncing from orc to elf until an Orc linesman grabbed it. The linesman was promptly knocked over, and another bouncing session ensued, until the ball hit an unoccupied square to one side of the ruckus. An elf linesman promptly picked it up and ran it in. How embarrassing. After that, it was just a scrap, with balls being picked up and dropped all over the place up until Half Time.

2nd half started badly, with the Orcs receiving. Ank got a free move before I did, and attempted to slip his wardancers through my defenses, getting one through, but the blitzing dancer found himself clotheslined by Badruk, the other Black Orc. Breathing a sigh of relief, Morru the Blitzer promptly blitzed the other one out of the way, allowing the orcish catcher to go after the ball unmolested. The ball soon reached the orc pack, but the tricksy elves got through the gaps in the bodies and knocked over the ball carrier again. Morru the Blitzer picked the ball up, and propelled by the potions he'd downed beforehand (STR and AGI), he broke away from the pack. It was not to be, however, and he was chased down by 3 elves and Badly injured. The elves attempted to pass the ball back down the field, but Tuffgang leaped over 4x his height to grab the ball, intercepting it like a Champion. Tuffgang then managed to copy Morru, dodging elves and running for the touchline, but he was intercepted at roughly the same place, and was Badly Injured. An elf thrower promptly grabbed the ball and hurled it to an unoccupied Wardancer, who ran for the orc touchline, needing one GFI to score another TD. Despite elven agility, he failed the GFI and tripped on the touchline, dazing himself. The ball was eventually picked up by an Orcish linesman (At turn 16!), who had the bright idea of passing it to Badruk, who was standing on the half-way line. Despite this flying in the face of orcish tactics, the laws of probability and good old common sense, both orcs performed well, and Badruk was soon in possession of the ball. He blitzed an elf, having nothing better to do, but didn't achieve much. Next turn, Badruk finds himself being the recipient of all the violence the elves can muster, and is eventually knocked down. Unfortunately for the elves, the ball bounces into the hands of a Wardancer who had by then already moved, rendering a 3rd touchdown impossible. This being elvish turn 16, the game ends.

Ank's substitute horde meant that even with 4-5 of his guys out with injuries (All Badly Hurts, nothing of interest), he had a lot of elves on the field, rendering my tactic (Punch them until they stop moving) much less effective than I'd hoped. My huge amount of rerolls didn't really come to much, although it did save me from a few embarrassing failures. The wizard wasn't much use, knocking over a few elves in the first half with a fireball, and completely flubbing his lightning bolt in the 2nd. I was quite pleased to keep the game to 2-0, although that was only due to sheer luck in the end.

A good game, and I hope never to meet another elf team who outrank me by 700 rating.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 149