Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261363 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 9
« Reply #915 on: June 20, 2013, 05:19:39 am »

The Blood Roses 3 - 1 The Forked Pies

The Roses played a wonderful first half, with nimble toes, beautiful throws and running-along-the-endzone touchdowns.  Once they broke down a flank the halflings were generally able to scramble to intercept the ball carrier, but if their blitz failed the elves scored, and even if it succeeded the Roses were well prepared to snatch up the ball and make another go.  Frustratingly they had an all-in strategy that left noone (?) in defense, ripe for halflings behind enemy lines.  Three thrown flings and three unconscious tubs of lard next to a dropped ball.

Things changed around half time when the trees woke up and started smacking elves around like silly.  The halfling touchdown came about since there were only about 3 elves and a tree, mostly unconscious, on the pitch at the time of the TD.  I now know how the Chaos Dwarves feel when they play, and I can say it don't feel too bad at all to cripple the opoosition and walk in the scores at one's leisure.  Unfortunately the 'flings' leisure is an aeon compared to the centaurs, so we only had time to score one td.  The chef was confident that had the match continued for another 50 turns, the halflings would have had enough sandwiches available to outperform the elves.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 10
« Reply #916 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »

With that, I think it's time to move on.

Matchups for Week 10:

smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
hermes - The Forked Pies vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's vs BYE
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 20, 2013, 03:34:13 pm »

Yay!
My dorfs are growing hungry for moar pancakes!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 22, 2013, 05:23:58 am »

What a game, the dorfs scored 9 casualties vs the Skitterskamps who in turn mannaged to kill my 4 str thrower.
He did pay the Iron Price though.

A rookie skaven lineman played his last game too.

Oh yeah, and some touchdowns was scored too, dorfs ran it in twice, and the skavens got one TD.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2013, 05:39:20 am »

Close game after the first half, then ank horribly ground me down in the second. Ended up with 3 players on the pitch.

Killed one of his dwarves though, who of course deserved it, being a dwarf.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2013, 08:58:01 pm »

I believe that this should tell most of the story of my game:

Note: Both star players were out injured on turn 3

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 22, 2013, 10:47:12 pm »

LOL, yeah, that pretty well sums it :D

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 29, 2013, 07:00:51 am »

So... is this still a thing?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 29, 2013, 08:42:06 am »

Sorry, I've been kind of preoccupied recently. It slipped my mind to heckle the people with games unplayed... which is a lot of them -- still three games remaining. How's that working out, everyone?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:44 am »

Our game should go in either today or tomorrow at the latest.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 29, 2013, 06:24:39 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. The Other Kittens.

Khorne elects to kick, and lines up in FFB for the first time in ages. (Also, Speedy is now Move 8, and the Minotaur manages to learn to Block.)

TOK1: The round opens with an injury to Speedy, which the Apoc cleans up. A Pestigor picks up the ball, and a rotter fails to dodge from the line of scrimmage.

KK1: A warrior gets beside the ball carrier. Two rotters are stunned, and another goes down.

TOK2: The star minotaur gets double-down on its blitz, ending the round early.

KK2: A warrior knocks out the ball carrier. Khorne begins to pull the whole team toward the ball.

TOK3: A failed GFI again ends the turn early.

KK3: A warrior injures the Pestigor, who regenerates. Soft Hands picks up the ball and moves it downfield with a couple of blockers. New TAB falls over trying to get away from a Beast of Nurgle.

TOK4: A couple of rotters move toward the ball carrier. The star minotaur again falls over making a block.

KK4: Soft Hands tosses to the catcher for the score.

TOK5: A quick snap pulls the front line back. The Pestigor picks up the ball and begins moving it forward. The star minotaur again rolls a crap block, this time double-skulls.

KK5: The team swarms around the Pestigor and the Beast of Nurgle blocking for him.

TOK6: The Khorne minotaur is injured, losing a point of Armor. The Pestigor advances a spot.

KK6: Several Rotters are knocked over, as the Khorne team begins to encircle the Pestigor.

TOK7: A few knockdowns.

KK7: LnS knocks over the ball carrier, picks up the ball, and runs it downfield.

TOK8: The Beast of Nurgle falls over chasing after LnS.

KK8: LnS runs in the touchdown.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 The Other Kittens

KK9: New TAB picks up the ball and runs it behind the line. LnS blitzes over a Nurgle Warrior and runs deep downfield. A Pestigor gets knocked out.

TOK9: Some knockdowns.

KK10: New TAB forgets he can't dodge, then say he's going to pass... he has to say he's going to pass RIGHT AT THE START.

TOK10: New TAB gets pushed around a bit before finally getting knocked over. A Pestigor falls over dodging.

KK11: A warrior kills a rotter. LnS dodges in, picks up the ball, and starts running it downfield.

TOK11: A Pestigor gets to LnS and knocks him over. Several other players get knocked over.

KK12: Speedy rushes over, picks up the ball, dodges away from the Pestigor, and runs in the score.

TOK12: The whole front line of Khorne gets knocked over.

KK13: The front line stands back up.

TOK13: Only a couple of Khorne linemen get knocked down this time. The Pestigor runs the ball to a bit over the midfield line.

KK14: Several players pull to the ball carrier's side of the field.

TOK14: The Pestigor continues the run to the goal line.

KK15: The Pestigor is knocked over. New TAB tries to launch downfield, but there are just too many Nurgle-y smells in the air to do anything but fumble.

TOK15: A warrior is injured, and will miss the next game. A Pestigor fails to pick up the ball.

KK16: New TAB picks up the ball, but agains fumbles due to stench.

TOK16: A Pestigor kills himself trying to dodge, but regenerates.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 3 - 0 The Other Kittens

Final Thoughts:
It feels like it's been ages since I played Blood Bowl, and I felt rusty. However, the star minotaur managed to mess up enough things to make the first half pretty easy for me, and Nurgle doesn't have the team makeup to score quickly enough to play catchup. The fact that I had to use my apoc early definitely cost me, as there was a fairly high proportion of "real" injuries this match.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 29, 2013, 06:39:35 pm »

Yeah, that double failure for me on turns 2 and 3 basically net you a free touchdown. At least the star minotaur did something this game, my last two times he's either died or been permanently KO'd on the very first turn. (The dead rotter was luckily not any of my cool ones, just a freeloading hired one. He was even nice enough to only take 2 SPP with him to the grave.) Sadly only one of the "real" injuries given out this game was by one of my actual players (my BoN gets SPP! Yay! :D), with all of the others being done by the Star Minotaur.

The expected train of losses continues! My team just isn't developed enough to handle all of these well-developed bashing teams that encompass the entire second half of my season, making my main goal at this point simply to survive through to the end of the season without taking any serious losses or injuries (a difficult task against so many bashers :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 29, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »

Bah, you're still in playoff contention (and likely to make it) -- your goal should be crushing victories over all who stand in your way!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 29, 2013, 08:15:28 pm »

Exkirby and I missed our earlier attempt, and with the timezone difference it looks like the earliest we could possibly manage is Wednesday. The game isn't scheduled, though, so if we're the last game go ahead and move on.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 29, 2013, 09:14:30 pm »

Hi all, I'm on vacation and AFK next week, but would be good for games again starting next Tuesday evening (PDT).  If a whole in-game week goes by and I'm holding things up, feel free to skip me as needed.

See you in a bit :)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 149