Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261305 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 6
« Reply #840 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:44 pm »

I managed to KO one of Kanil's Vampires last season, and I think I stunned a treeman in my match against the wood elves, but those were with Goblins. Do goblins still count?

Oh, and I think I managed to get my first Throw Team-mate touchdown against Monk this season. As he said, it only works if you throw the guy while he's still got movement left, otherwise you're just stranding the poor bastard behind enemy lines.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 12, 2013, 10:28:51 pm »

I managed to KO one of Kanil's Vampires last season, and I think I stunned a treeman in my match against the wood elves, but those were with Goblins. Do goblins still count?

Oh, and I think I managed to get my first Throw Team-mate touchdown against Monk this season. As he said, it only works if you throw the guy while he's still got movement left, otherwise you're just stranding the poor bastard behind enemy lines.

Didn't happen last game, anyway- I think you fumbled an attempt at the end of the first half, and you got very close in the second half but Tuffgang didn't stick the landing. I know you did have one successful TTM to position a goblin to try stop a score- I think it might have been early in the second after those failed pickups, but I'm not sure.

A KO'd Vampire is worth celebrating, I think! Though, does anyone get SPP if you CAS a player via TTM?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2013, 09:32:52 pm »

Game goes 1-0 in favor of the Monk's Marauders. Not too much that an early Nurgle team can do against a human team with a bunch of guard/block/dodge. :( I did lose one rotter in the course of the game, but since I got one for free earlier in the season and it wasn't one that had leveled I'm not too unhappy about it.

Anyways, good game (not counting the large amounts of fouling going on from both sides :P). I highly look forward to playing the Marauders again if they are still here next season when my team has leveled enough to get the basic skills they need. ;D

Edit: BBManager analysis also shows that this is one of my most unlucky games so far, scoring well above average on the bottom half of both the D6 and 2D6, and well below average on the upper half of both.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:37:12 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »

Vowing vengeance... next season?

Do you expect him to be eliminated early in the playoffs, or do you just have low expectations? Either way, tsk, tsk.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

Monk's Marauders 1 - 0 The Other Kittens

Not much to say about this one- the Marauders received to start the game and wriggled into the endzone with their usual combination of precision blocking and agile dodging (less ballhandling with all that Disturbing Presence, but a sideline screen worked just as well,) and the rest of the game possession belonged to The Other Kittens. It was a violent scrum that resembled a WWI battlefield, Humans and Nurgle smashing together, high skill against high strength, blocks and fouls and KOs to spare (though the only CAS was a dead rotter on the Nurgle side.) The fouling game was particularly splendid- Nurgle Rotters got it going trying to keep the Guard blitzers on their backs (with a fair number of stuns, but few KOs and no CAS) while the Humans found themselves enveloping the Beast of Nurgle, a tentacled presence that no mobile team wants at their backs. I probably threw more fouls at that Beast than I have all season!

Every tile was hard fought, with much pushing and bashing back and forth. Just when the Nurgle seemed about to pour through a seam, Galahad Slodar the Strip Ball Wrestling Catcher managed to pop the ball loose, letting the Humans fill their gaps and seal the win. Technically, he did it twice (without needing a reroll,) but the second time I was just fishing for a lucky TD.

That's going to be a scary Nurgle team once they get some skills to go with their stats- it will be interesting to see how the team develops, and a postseason rematch is a very real possibility. Though I really shouldn't say the "p" word- it's nothing but bad luck, and ank's Dwarves are waiting right around the corner to end the Marauder win streak.

And I know what you mean about wanting the rematch, my Marauders still want a chance to avenge the draw handed them by ank's Wood Elves their inaugural season (stupid OTT treehuggers!)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 18, 2013, 03:41:21 am »

We're approaching 7 days, any updates on the status of our two remaining games Symbiode/Burnt Pies, Charmander/smakemupagus?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 19, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »

Well, that was bloody :D

Sahagin Stormers (1 - 1) Norsca Frostskalds

Frostskald inducements include Morg'n'thorg, and a wizard.

The Stormers' skinks go for a quick handoff and breakthrough the Norse line, counting on a light screen to tie up the Norse blockers, but end up with an unprotected runner just within blitz range of an ulfverener.  With a bit of luck on the block rolls the Frostskald defense cleans it up and recovers a throw-in, and maintain possession by asking their merc wizard to lightning-bolt the Kroxigor.  The Stormers put up a good defense and knock the ball loose, twice I believe, but the skinks couldn't hold up forever.  On turn 7 the 'Skalds make an open field recovery and score, although they would possibly come to regret not attempting to stall for another turn.  On turn 8 the Stormers receive and knock out two Norse players.

Second half was brutal for the Norse crew, between the Saurus' mighty blows and norse light armor, after a few turns it seemed inevitable that the Lizards were going to wear out the Norse team and turn it over.  Over and again the lizards stormed, pushed, and dodged into contact with the Norse runner, until by the end the Frostskalds were fielding pretty much just Morg'n'thorg and two unconcious vikings.  Finally the Stormers pushed in for the touchdown.  But it was turn 15, and the Frostskalds escape with a tie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:28:29 pm by smakemupagus »

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 19, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

I'm waiting for a response from Burnt Pies to get our game done.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:07 am »

Time to break out the hammer marked: "Schedule or bye"?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 7
« Reply #849 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:50 pm »

Correct. I cannot ask everyone else to wait for a game that is not scheduled, in the hopes that it eventually gets scheduled and played.

Matchups for Week 7:
Symbiode - Mephisto's Fist-o's vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
BYE vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
ExKirby - The Blood Roses vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs hermes - The Forked Pies
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 22, 2013, 12:46:01 pm »

Monk's Marauders vs Bay12 Breakers
                   2     -      1

With the inducements the dorfs bought three bribes and an agi potion that actually worked.
The Monks had control over the ball most of the game, with their amazing 5 AG pass block catcher!
The dorfs was strong when it came to beating the puny humans, and nettet a good 4 casses.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 22, 2013, 04:42:30 pm »

Monk's Marauders vs Bay12 Breakers

The dwarves buy three bribes (which kept the Deathroller in until the final drive) as well as an AG potion to boost their passer to a 4/4 beast. Yes, I had not realized this team had players built as passers and catchers, and it certainly made the game interesting!

The Humans elect to receive, hoping to minimize the Deathroller's time on the field, and as the kick went out of bounds they put the ball in the hands of Eomund Tonkai, AG5 Thrower. The Humans make a strong push down the left side of the pitch, getting a receiver deep and a pair of blitzers past the LoS while leaving a safety receiver back on the right side. The dwarves scramble, marking humans and making a mess of the LoS. The humans try to spring their deep receiver, but wind up getting both the Catcher and a Blitzer both pinned against the sideline. The dwarves bashed their way toward the ballcarrier, but the dwarf on the right-side safety receiver threw skull and both down. That receiver Wrestled him down, got right back up, and ran as far as he could down the naked right side of the field, and Eomund Tonkai dodged away from the pressure and delivered a beautiful pass. 2 GFIs later and the Humans score.

The Deathroller stays on the field thanks to a bribe, but bugs out during setup, reappearing a bit behind the LoS. Manfred the Friendly, the Human kicker had a rough day that started by sending the first kick out of bounds, letting the 4/4 Dwarf Runner bring it right up to the line, where the dorfs proceeded to do what they do best. Humans go down KOd, and the experienced lineman was SI, losing a point of Strength and ending his career. The Dwarf Runner with Catch got deep, and shortly thereafter a hole was opened for the ballcarrier, who smugly decided to demonstrate a dwarven passing game with a quick pass, where a handoff would have done. The pass was good, but what the dwarf coach had failed to notice was that Eomund Tonkai had picked up Pass Block after last game- it's very difficult to keep an AG5 player away from the ball! Tonkai failed the interception, but his sudden presence so startled the Runner he failed the catch. Tonkai picked up the ball and lobbed it to a waiting Catcher, without enough time to score but with enough distance to deny any possibility of evening the score by halftime.

It took the last two bribes, but the Deathroller stayed on the field to start the second half, and didn't even bug out this time! Manfred the Friendly did a much better job with this kick, forcing the 4/4 Runner to recover deep in his own half. Gleefully, the dwarves once again set to smashing apart the human line, doing quite a bit of damage at the expense of leaving no support in their backfield. Knowing they stand no chance of slowing the dwarves with such a sudden man disadvantage, the Marauders go for broke, opening a seam on the weak side of the Dwarf line and pouring Humans through the breach, not quite having the MA to get a screen between the ballcarrier and his bashers. Not wanting to bring his slow dwarves all the way back (not that they could properly protect the ballcarrier anyway) ank banks on his AG4 Passer to deliver the ball to his waiting Catch Runner. Eomund Tonkai gets a chance to Pass Block again, but trips. No doubt the movement distracted the passer, as he fumbled the pass. Human Guards close in, Tonkai gets hold of the ball and dodges away, and the Humans go up 2-0

The Bay12 Breakers only field 9 players as the Deathroller is sent off, and if the Humans didn't quite give as good as they got, they had a much deeper bench (though 2 of their 11 players were Catchers.) Manfred sends the ball out of bounds once again, and the dwarves cage up, remembering that even without the DR they have 2 ST4 players and a metric ton of AV, block, and tackle. The dorfs force their way down the right side in much the same way the closed the first half, sending Marauders flying and capitalizing on poorly-conceived dodge attempts. In the closing moments of the game, a blitz and a block spring the ballcarrier, who rumbles into the endzone for a TD.

Final Score: Monk's Marauders 2 - 1 Bay12 Breakers

This would almost certainly have ended in a tie if that AG4 dorf hadn't failed his pass- it wasn't a terribly long pass, I think he needed 3+ with a reroll. Even if the receiver muffed the catch, the ball would have been in the middle of a big blob of muscle with most of the Marauders on the wrong side. By the same token, if ank had realized I had a Pass Blocker he definitely would have scored in the first half. If both of those things went ank's way, we're looking at a classic 2-1 victory for the dwarves.

In addition to the -ST lineman, a rookie lineman caught -AV, so I'll use the winnings to replace both of those players. Who needs level 3 linemen anyway? The CAS difference wasn't bad: 4 for the dwarves, 3 for the humans. The dwarves had way more KOs though, and that would have been bad if the humans hadn't consistently found a way to end the drive and get them back on the field. The Ogre levels- no doubles, but I loves me some Stand Firm, and standing still is one thing I can count on him to do! Seneschal Sigric, AG4 Blitzer caught his seventh career MVP after a reasonably quiet day where most of what he did was provide Guard assists anywhere on the pitch- only 94 SPP to go!

Marauder winstreak extends to 5 games after their 0-0-2 start; The Other Kittens will need a good showing against the Norse to keep their place in the rankings! Looks like ndkid's Chaos team next week, no gimme there. Hopefully Pass Block will help against his hybrid offense as much as it did against the dorfs!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:33 pm »

I'm going to be out of town (visiting my parents! yay :D ) for the Memorial day holiday long weekend, so I probably won't be able to play my match until next Wednesday evening at the earliest.  Apologies about that :(  But on next Thurs, Saturday, or Sunday I can be really flexible about scheduling time.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 23, 2013, 01:02:41 am »

Yeah, I should have handed off that ball, but on the upshot I saw pass block being used for the first time, so that's something.
The other failed pass was a +4, still failed though.

Thanks for the game, that agi 5 runner was definitely the MVP in this game... should have spent more time stomping on his face...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:02 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Naturan Demanto

ND gets 780k in inducements, which go toward Ramtut III, a HMC, and some bad habits for Khorne. ND elects to receive. Khorne lines New TAB up deep, and puts the rest of the team up front. It's very sunny.

N1: The HMC comes up with nothing. One beastmen gets stunned, another four get knocked down, and the deep Ghoul picks up the kickoff and starts to move it forward.

K1: With a blitz, LaS gets beside the ghoul with the ball. The ghouls on both edges get knocked over.

N2: Four players get knocked down before the ball carrier falls over trying to dodge away from LaS.

K2: LaS picks up the ball and runs it in for the score.

N3: A mummy injures LaS, but the apoc gets him back up. Three other players are knocked down. The deep Ghoul picks up the ball sitting in the end zone.

K3: A player falls over GFI.

N4: A rookie beastman gets injured. A warrior gets knocked out.

K4: Lots of players stands up. New TAB injures a zombie, who regenerates.

N5: The ghoul with the ball continues to move forward, with a wight and mummy blocking.

K5: A warrior falls over dodging.

N6: Three beastmen get knocked over.

K6: The minotaur injures a zombie, who regenerates. A beastman manages to push the ghoul with the ball, but gets stuck between the ghoul and a wight.

N7: The ghoul runs the score in.

K7: The weather clears up. A warrior double skulls trying to block a mummy.

N8: Several players get knocked over.

K8: A warrior falls over blocking a mummy.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Naturan Demanto

K9: The knocked out warrior continues to stay knocked out, leaving 10 Khorne players on the pitch. The original ND defensive scheme leaves a hole in the middle. Then ND gets a blitz, closing the hole, getting a ghoul on New TAB, a ghoul headed toward the ball, and a warrior knocked over. New TAB dodges away, picks up the ball, tosses it to the Catcher, who drops it.

N9: Two players get knocked over, then a ghoul falls over trying to make a block.

K10: The minotaur knocks out a wight. After some blocks, the ball is freed up for the catcher to pick it up and take it downfield.

N10: A ghoul heads toward the ball carrier.

K11: The catcher gets beside the goal line. The ghoul chasing him gets knocked over.

N11: Speedy gets stunned.

K12: The catcher runs in the score.

N12: A fan throws a rock, stunning a mummy. A ghoul blitz stuns Fritz. A warrior gets knocked over. The deep ghoul picks up the ball.

K13: A wight gets knocked out. A ghoul is stunned. A beastman stuns another ghoul, but falls over in the process.

N13: Several beastmen get knocked over. The ghoul with the ball runs forward and fumbles the pass.

K14: The catcher picks up the ball and runs it back into the ND side of the field.

N14: The star player knocks out the catcher, bouncing the ball behind the beastmen and warrior blocking for him. A ghoul gets beside the downed ball.

K15: New TAB picks up the ball.

N15: The star player fails to dodge out of tackle zones.

K16: Some useless blocks.

N16: Some blocks.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Naturan Demanto

Thoughts: Jartol started to get quite unlucky with his block rolls around midgame, with the push to knockdown ratio on 2-die blocks starting to go against him. Plus, as always with an undead team, how well the ghouls hold up has a massive effect on their offensive capability.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 149