Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261215 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 13
« Reply #630 on: March 04, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »

Dorfs 2 -1 Orcs

The game was pretty even, I had big troubles on the front line in the second without the DR, but when i cassed the troll things swung in my favor again.

Good game, way better than the last one, this one could have ended in a draw right up till the last turn.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 04, 2013, 09:22:33 pm »

Although my luck was not in (Come on AG5 Thrower, TWO 1s in a row? And those throw-ins went straight to clumps of Khorne) I still didn't play well enough to win. I could've played better defense to end the first half, and then I got too worked up about the prospect of a Human v Chaos scrum when I needed to score quickly to start the second half, and responded to that perfect defense badly. Similar hastiness messed up the subsequent drive- I should've mostly ignored the quick snap and gone with the original play, but I got too cute for my own good. Impatience always gets me in trouble.

On the plus side, Balkoth the Ogre caught MVP for his first level, so now I have a nice big stupid Guard in the middle of the field again, bringing joy to the poor sods stuck on the LoS. And dang, but last week of the season is gonna be pretty crazy to see who gets that last playoff spot.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:13 am »

Glistening Dementia defeats the Sahagin Stormers 2-1 in a game that sees the Lizardmen taking massive casulties.

I got enough cash to buy a -RR and a wizard. The -RR was pretty useless, since the Stormers got events to gain more RRs, the wizard was well worth his cost, firing twice and generally making Charmander's life difficult.

Early score by the Lizards. I threaten to quickly score back, but I underestimate the combined power of massed skinks and my +2MV centaur is SI'ed (MNG, apoh to MNG.) The ball is free, and it looks like the Stormers are going to get a second score because there's just noone around to stop them from running right to the goal... but then Charmander's ultra-skink failed a GFI and stunned himself late in the first. That allowed me to pick up the ball, which gave me the chance to score on turn 8.

One RR burned on the catch and a sure feet RR'ing the GFI later and it was 1-1 tied.

This gave my team lots of time in the second to casually make our move up to score. That we managed to CAS or KO virtually all of the Stormers during this time didn't hurt either. Dementia decides not to stall, mostly because they notice their wizard has come back online. Its a good thing we waited for the wizard, too, since even massively outnumbered, the skinks are able to threaten a tie before a fireball takes them down.

Minotaur managed to get 3 CAS this game, entirely by beating on frail little skinks.

Cheer up Charmander - season's almost over!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:40 am »

I have to admit, I was rooting against you, Al... a loss for you against Charm and I would've controlled my own destiny next week. Now, as it is, I'll have to beat you *and* get some help. *sigh* Rebuilding years can be painful...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 6, Week 14
« Reply #634 on: March 05, 2013, 01:30:54 pm »

One more game to go.

Matchups for Week 14:
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Jartol - Manner Pylon
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
AlStar - Glistening Dementia vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

A four way tie is still possible, that sounds like fun, doesn't it?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »

Does that mean season 7 will be starting soon? If so, how are sign ups going to work? I would love to join one of these.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 05, 2013, 10:49:29 pm »

Season 7 will start as soon as S6 ends, we've still got this week to play, and a short playoffs. It's just 3 games, so it shouldn't take long.

After that, there'll be a signup period. Just post here saying you want to play and what team you'll be playing. Then apply that team to the league in-game. I suppose you don't even have to post here, but it's certainly more polite that way. :P

New players are always welcome, so it'd be great if you wanted to join us.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 05, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

Monk's Marauders 2 - 1 Manner Pylon

Jartol got a good push to start the game- the humans received, but a Blitz saw the ball actually land in Skaven hands. That initial Skaven was knocked down by Grant Valdred (who had a terrific game hunting down gutter runners) and the typical back-and-forth ensued that saw the ball make it deep into Skaven territory before coming back to the human endzone to give the rats an early lead. Unfortunately, the Skaven were undermanned the rest of the match as Balkoth the Ogre marked his first career kill and the tough human Blitzers sent many rats to the KO box, scoring an answering TD to end the first half and grinding down the opposition throughout the second half.

Not too much to say about it- a fun game as usual with plenty of back-and-forth to keep the game tight. Final TD was on the last play of the game- I could've scored a couple turns earlier if my Blitzers could actually pick up the ball, but I wanted to stall anyway. Jartol got shafted on the luck- failed passes, failed dodges, failed catches, and myself having little trouble at all.

My star take-down Blitzer and AG5 Thrower both leveled up, so that's a great help for me going into the playoffs. Now to get my popcorn and watch the playoff race heat up in earnest...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:41 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Glistening Dementia

Kobb's Khorne controls its own fate after Manner Pylon lost its last match. With 660k, The Chaos Dwarves get a wizard, a HMC, give Khorne bad habits, and get the Bull Centaur an extra AG. Against general tendencies, Khorne elects to receive.

K1: The HMC and some good coaching get the Dwarves to 7 rerolls and Khorne to 2. New TAB picks up the kickoff and runs it forward. Speedy and Long-and-Strong run down the left wing. The minotaurs knocks each other over.

G1: LaS gets stunned by the blitzing Bull Centaur.

K2: New TAB runs forward and tosses the ball to Soft Hands, who is halfway to the end zone. A warrior and a beastman provide blocking support.

G2: The bull centaur knocks over Soft Hands and picks up the ball. Two beastmen get knocked out.

K3: The bull centaur is stunned. New TAB runs forward and picks up the ball.

G3: New TAB gets stunned, and the ball lands in among a bunch of players of both teams.

K4: An attempt on the ball leads to it bouncing all over, but not really going anywhere.

G4: Several Khorne players get knocked over... several CD players get beside the ball.

K5: The bull centaur gets knocked back down, and the positioning battle continues.

G5: A warrior gets knocked onto the ball, which bounces closer to the GD goal line, but away from the scrum. The hobgoblins move toward it.

K6: The Khorne minotaur breaks the neck of the GD minotaur. Pushes move the ball yet-closer to the GD goal line.

G6: Nuffle decides to smile upon Khorne, and a 2-die hobgoblin block rerolls to double-skulls.

K7: LaS blitzes away one blocker, but is tackled by the other on his way to the ball.

G7: An apoc'ed injury sends a third Khorne player off the pitch. A hobgoblin knocks himself out going for it.

K8: Blocks do no damage.

G8: A dirty hobgoblin gets tossed from the game for stunning a downed beastman.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 0 - 0 Glittering Dimentia

... then my roommate started talking to me, and I didn't really track the next several turns. AlStar scored with his Bull Centaur around turn 11, I think. He was going to score again, but the Bull Centaur knocked himself out trying to sprint. A great turn 16 pass didn't manage to be caught, meaning the game ended 1-0, and with it, Khorne's season.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 08, 2013, 04:46:09 pm »

So if Burnt Pies beats the Sahagin Stormers outright, they make the playoffs then? No pressure :P

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 09, 2013, 05:04:48 am »

Dorfs 0 - 3 Vampires

we played the game a few days ago, just forgot to post the results.

The whole game pretty much came down to me beating the living shit out of the thralls and Kanil running circles around me.

No cage is secure, when vampires got hypnotic gaze!

The first time the vampires tried to score, Kanil rolled 1 on bloodlust, and didn't have a thrall close by, so the ballcarrier just ran for it, moving the ball as far as he could before getting sent off the field.

The next time Kanil placed a thrall next to the endzone, and the carrier rolled 1 again, he had a snack waiting for him.

I almost accomplished my goal of cassing all the thralls, at the end there was 2 left.

Sadly, half of the 8 casualties was vampires on thrall violence, so no spp's for those.

Anyways, TD's are for elves.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 12, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

Who're we still waiting on here, and what's the timeline look for the game(s) to be played?

Just curious.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 12, 2013, 07:07:27 pm »

The usual suspect, it seems.

Sorry, I tend to not think about things until someone buzzes me over Steam or on the forums. Or if it's been a while and I notice the thread, what with my jam-packed, action-filled life and all.

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:06 pm »

There seriously has been no contact at all this week? Do either of you have the thread set to E-mail you? Because that would solve the situation of not seeing the week advance...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 12, 2013, 08:28:55 pm »

I've been somewhat ill for a while, and as such haven't felt up to doing anything competetive. It's kinda clearing up now, should feel up to doing something later this week.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 149