Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261099 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 12!
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2012, 02:46:12 pm »

Oh, I do so hate it when we fall to the fifth page!

So, Char + War = Game_soon?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46:18 pm »

"What do you mean, it'ssss been a week already..?"

Despite the Stormer's head coach being found unconscious amidst empty bottles of Slaanbow Cider, and the dwarven head coach respectively digging through a mountain of paperwork, the two teams finally manage to get a game scheduled where either side wasn't inundated by trivial things like booze or bureaucracy.

Not that it starts well for the Stormers at the inducement stage, the Strikers getting 660,000 gold pieces of the things that are spent on a combination of magic, one of the Moot's chefs, a little to bribe the fans, and a little to bribe the Stormers and throw them off their game.

The Stormers win the toss and elect to receive as the stocky side lines up, ready to deliver a beatdown... against a wall of muscle. A gentle gust of wind sweeps across the pitch, and the smells from the chef distract the Stormers, who have gone a long time without eating one of their players, although the action starts slow - the initial drive does not go far, with only a few shoves and tackles to the Stormer's name, while the dwarves retreat, falling further back to maintain their defensive line. The skinks push forward equally - the drop back gives the skinks more of an opportunity to use their speed to the advantage. The dwarven lines break as they move to block and tackle the saurusses heading the charge, although a bolt from the blue drops Weyy quick enough.

The play shudders to a halt without the ball-carrying Weyy,  but the sauruses push on anyway, Mejj ejecting a rather surprised Svenaz as Ravv dives back, fumbling the pickup. Uzkul darts forward, looking to shut down Tezz and the limited skink defence, letting Makas blitz forward to shove Ravv back, giving Varli the opportunity to recover. Kraalin the blitzer, despite nursing an old wound, manages to pull Rexx's arm back and snap it in a block, sending the saurus down roaring and out of the match. And the next.

Scrambling for the defence, Jarr only manages to shove Makaz, but even the overly agile skink manages to fumble the ball as he makes a grab for it. This leaves the Dwarven side able to launch a bitz at the defence, Uzkul firstly shoving Weyy back, and then making him eat Astrogranite, putting him out of the match. In kind, Jarr shoves Uzkul to the ground, but Tezz shows his ineptitude by failing to handle the ball. Just like the rest of the skinks. The dwarves have a good opportunity to score but don't capitalise it, instead consolidating their position and maing sure the ball doesn't leave the skink half.

For once in this game a skink manages to grab hold of the ball and hold it for dear life, but a lapse in judgement means he is left standing in the middle of the field, Ravv scrambling to cover Tezz but going out of the match with an injury because of it. Tezz quickly joins him, and Dagg shoves the far-too-deep Nirr off the pitch. Makas collects the ball, standing within walking distance of the touchline, but with little on the way of resistance thanks to the number of skinks unconscious or injured. Nonetheless, Jarr sprints in an attempt to knock him down anyway, and succeeds, clearing the way for Garr to sally forth, grab the ball, and thrust it into the claws of the inattentive Takk, who drops it. Naturally.

With the amount of tacklers and blockers hanging around the ball, the twin team of Takk and Garr can't really defend as the majority of the dwarven side swarms the pair. As time ticks away, the skinks can do little but stall, piling in to cover any attempts to pick up under a wall of blue muscle, as Uzkul breaks away and runs to the touchline, ready to receive a dump-off. Amazingly, Mejj intercepts the attempted pass, catching it in his awaiting, clumsy claws, before having his jaw smashed by a bolt from the blue as time ticks away.

At the start of the second half, the Stormers are six lizards down, and once more distracted by the smell of the Moot chefs. With only nine on-field, and a touchback caused by Tyrr hoofing the ball to the sexy little rattle-waver on the touchline, the Stormers are put into a position of pressure almost immediately, a box rather obviously forming midway into the dwarven half. With most of the heavy hitters down and out, there's little the skinks can do... but that doesn't mean they're not going to try. A shove from Vorr moves the ball-carrier to the edge of the box, as the skinks get ready to push, Novv heading deep in the vain hope of a pass.

The box breaks up and reforms on the opposite side of the pitch, a number of dwarves backing up the ball-carrying Makas. A quick escape puts pressure on the half-formed defensive measure, but they are quickly brought down by the might of stocky, bearded, tackling bastards. A quick scramble leaves them unable to bring down much, Takk being brought down by three other dwarves as he  holds one at bay easily. A bout of frentic blocking leaves four skinks around the ball-carrying Maraks, but each and everyone one of those goes down under the stunty might that isn't even stunty. Another failure of a dodge ends up letting Makas run the ball in, the dwarves going 1-0 up with mere moments to go.

Nonetheless, the skinks start the drive hard, going all out - Tyrr recovers and tosses to Mazz, who sprints upfield as dwarves converge on their position. Mazz gets a prompt shove back by Makas, but tries to slip around him anyway, 'though the tackle drops him hard as the clock runs out.

MVPs were Anor for doing nothing, and Mazz for holding the ball for more than three seconds and running 20 yards with it, although whoever the fucking wizard was deserves MVP more than that.

(... And another spate of failing to pick up 2+ and 3+ balls means that's me probably out of shit, especially considering I'm two Sauruses down. Not skinks, Sauruses. There goes any hope of winning the next game I have.)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2012, 03:48:46 pm »

Just finished up Char's and mine game.
Victory to the dwarves, 1-0
First half went entirely without a touchdown after a wizard fried the skink carrying the ball, resulting in a massive brawl. Last half consisted of the dorfs finally blasting their way through the saurus and making a touchdown on the third to last turn.

Second to last turn a skink makes it halfway to the goal. Dwarves move into to block him, and he runs into a dwarf's fist trying to get to the touchdown zone.

Amazingly, Mejj intercepts the attempted pass, catching it in his awaiting, clumsy claws, before having his jaw smashed by a bolt from the blue as time ticks away.
I admit this was mostly to spite the saurus that by all rights should not have been capable of doing that. I am a vindictive bastard
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:52:43 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 13!
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2012, 04:25:02 pm »

Thank you to everyone for playing your games, we're onto week 13.

Jartol - Manner Pylon vs warhammer651 - Earth Strikers
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs Kanil - Self Inflicted
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads vs ank - w00t w00t

With just two games left in the regular season, ank and myself have clinched spots in the playoffs. Despite his victory, warhammer is eliminated from contention due to other teams also winning. Thus four teams remain fighting for two spots.

The first tie break is wins, this is unlikely to come into play but ndkid does have several less draws than the other teams nearby, giving him a slight edge.
The second tie break is goals for. Here's a list of everyone's goals for/against(differential).

Wood Elves: 34/16(+18)
Vampires: 22/14(+8)
Humans: 19/15(+4)
Orcs: 14/16(-2)
Chaos: 23/19(+4)
Lizards: 22/21(+1)
Dwarves: 9/24(-15)
Skaven: 20/34(-14)

Suffice to say, ank is quite likely to win a tie for first place.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 24, 2012, 12:21:16 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Self Inflicted.

Kanil invests in a merc and some Bloodwiser. Khorne elects to kick.

S1: Khorne lines up in FFB. The kick goes way out of bounds. A M8 Vampire on the line takes the ball deep into Khorne territory.

K1: Khorne knocks over some players, but no injuries.

S2: The vampire runs in the score.

K2: New Guy goes back to receive the kickoff. The thralls on the front line get knocked over. New Guy picks up the ball and runs it behind his line.

S3: The team surrounds the Khorne wall. A blitzing Thrall knocks over New Guy, leaving the ball in the hands of another nearby thrall.

K3: Lots of blocks knock over a good portion of the thralls, knocking one out. TAB ends up with the ball, and runs to one end, with a warrior and two other beastmen for protection.

S4: A Vampire blitzes around the edge, knocking TAB over.

K4: The minotaur double-skulls, stunning himself.

S5: Some blocks, but the Vampire flubs the pickup.

K5: A beastman ends up with the ball, and runs into the Vamp side of the field. The rest of the team, unable to detangle, attempts to cause carnage.

S6: The last SI reroll of the half ensures the ball carrier goes down. Several Khorne players go down at midfield. A vampire picks up the ball, but flubs the pass.

K6: A double-double down ends another turn prematurely.

S7: A vampire picks up the ball and runs it downfield.

K7: A conserted effort still leads to no injuries.

S8: The ball carrier feels a craving, and decides the goal line won't give it to him.

K8: More double skulls.

Halftime Score: Self Inflicted 1 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: New Guy picks up the ball, and tosses it to TAB, who huddles behind the line.

S9: Vampire dodges umpteen trillion times, only to double-skull the block against TAB.

K10: TAB gets free and runs toward the Self Inflicted End Zone. The rest of the team knocks over who they can (burning entirely too many blocks pushing around a Dodge-Block-Sidestep Vampire).

S10: A vampire wants to drink blood, but the minotaur's tentacles keep him from going anywhere.

K11: TAB runs in the score.

S11: Khorne sets up in a prevent defense. A short kick and perfect defense sees a strong side right from Self Inflicted perfectly matched by Khorne. The minotaur gets pushed around. A vampire manages to get to the ball and dodge away from the line, passing the ball to another vampire on the opposite side of the pitch. A thrall injures himself blocking a warrior.

K12: The minotaur knocks out a vampire, getting beside the ball carrier. Most of the rest of the team swarms around the ball carrier, with TAB staying back on defense.

S12: The ball carrier dodges out, eats a thrall, and hands the ball to the Speedy Vampire. The Speedy One knocks over a warrior and heads downfield, with a thrall to keep him company.

K13: A beastman injures a thrall. A warrior fails to GFI.

S13: The vampire runs in the score.

K14: New Guy manages a long bomb to TAB.

S14: The Speedy One gets beside TAB. A vampire triplet knocks over TAB, with the ball bouncing to the other side of the centerline into the hands of a thrall. He hands it off to another thrall, who passes it to a vampire.

K15: Several blocks on the B-D-SS ball carrier do nothing.

S15: Ball moves toward end zone.

K16: Some blocks, knocking over the ball carrier.

S16: Vampire stands back up and runs in the score.

Final Score: Self Inflicted  3 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: No injuries early pretty much sealed the deal here... there was no way I was taking on a full vampire roster successfully.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2012, 02:05:53 pm »

There may be a hurricane going outside my window, but I still want to know that Blood Bowl games are being played! :-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

You raise a good point, I might be without power and/or internet for a couple of days. It's unlikely, but perhaps possible.

Also, DST ended in Europe yesterday-ish, and will end in NA next week... which could lead to scheduling issues/delays. I've updated the player list accordingly and will do so again next week.

ank/Burnt Pies, Charmander/Monk, how it going?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 29, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

I have sadly been busy over the weekend. I will try to grab Burnt Pies before long.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 30, 2012, 10:22:30 am »

w00t w00t vs Bad Brunch Bunch Lunch :P

Orcs buys HMC and a wizard, the wizard only stuns a guy once...

Orc receive and line up in a cage, the whole first half is the orcs inching forwards with elves dodging away.

At the last turn a gobling makes 2 GFI's to score!

Orcs get more rerolls, they have 6 now.

I briefly forget I got the One Turn Wonder, but remembers in time, only to have him fall down on a GFI.

HALF TIME 0-1 to the orcs

The elves try again with the fast fucker and gets it this time. Score!

Elves get perfect defence on the next drive, and the goblin fails to pick up the ball.

An elf runs to stomp the goblin, and another elf picks up the ball, and throws it back to a runner, who runs far away.

Orcs try to cover the elves, but with all that bonus agility one tackle zone is really not a problem.

The runner throws the ball to a lineman who dodges away and scores!

Orcs get the cage up and running this time, and inches forward.

The new guy I bought called Lolowin got killed in his very first match, but the doctor patched him up all the same.

At the last turn the goblin throws the ball to a blitzer who has a chance to score, but sadly he fumbles the catch.

Game ends 2-1 to w00t w00t.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 30, 2012, 10:39:01 am »

Tuffgang fumbling the pickup after half time is what really scuppered me there; I suspect I could've made a draw or maybe even a win if it weren't for that.

For the majority of the cage drive in the 2nd half I was trying to get my troll into position for a throw team-mate, but when he finally got into a nice place in the last turn, I decided against it. Given how well the hand-off went, I'm really regretting that decision now.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 30, 2012, 01:31:35 pm »

"Nuffle damn it, you ssssack of sssskin, sssstop whining, get up and play! It'sssss only a flesssh wound!"

With Mejj and Rexx nursing injuries that put them out of the last game, and Mazz and Tyrr in less than stellar condition, the Stormers look to face a difficult match, lacking the muscle that they do. The injuries knock the TV difference down to a mere 200,000 gold pieces, buying a dubious bonedoctor and booze for the human side. Which is odd, considering the lack of likely injuries by the lizard side.

To add discomfort to injury, the match is set on a pitch covered in snow, in the frigid north. Although winning the toss and electing to receive, the cold-blooded critters don't look to be enjoying the locale, although don't look any different for it. Being blue-skinned already, that's not exactly obvious. Roused on by the cheering crowds as the ball goes skywards, the skink Sorr manages to catch the ball with little worry. Although a few saurus-provided shoves clears the way for an early push, Weyy, despite being nimble-clawed, fails to make good on a quick pass to Novv that leaves the ball on the snow-covered ground.

Almost immediately the humans go to close down the set-up for the drive, putting pressure on the skinks staring at the fallen ball as if it were about to explode. A few quick shoves under the combined might of three, small, stunty lizard things bringing down a grown man leaves Weyy pace to scoop up the ball and hurl to Garr, who catches it easily, despite the longer distance involved. With the ball in claw, the skink surges forward, sure-footed and fast, while the rest of the team tries to prevent the brutish Dagg Silent from leaving the line of scrimmage.

Not that it does much good - with a quick shove and the ogre just walking away from the skinks attempting to bring him down, Dagg manages to put some severe pressure on Garr. Tackle by tackle, the skinks find support diminishing, either too far back or brought down by the soft-skinned human side. Still, with a good sprint, Jarr manages to shove the ogre obstruction out the way, and Garr wastes no time in scoring a touchdown, slamming the ball in the endzone to put the lizards 1-0 up.

Vorr kicks off, and proves his ineptitude at anything involving the bal by hoofing it into the Stormers' reserve box, despite the humans having the upper hand in the defensive lineup, which they'll surely need. The humans waste no time in instituting a box, a mass of muscle and armour protecting the touchback-carrying Eomund, the humans' rookie thrower. While Dagg forgets what to do, the humans gang up on the muscle of the line of scrimmage, forcing down Jarr. Still, Vorr forces the corners of the box back, looking to slow down and put pressure on the ball-carrying human, while the rest of the skinks move to support or defend, Takk thinning the ranks with a knockout punch to Knight Advar.

The entire thing is rendered more moot than a Halfling Cookoff as Bertolf shoves Sorr into Vorr, who gets smacked into the ground by Dagg who realised what he was supposed to be doing. Eomund runs forth, backed up by Seneschal Sigric and Grant Valdred, and Manfred the Friendly who proves what a misnomer his name is on the field by shunting away Weyy to get there. A long charge from Jarr after shoving Awrod away puts Sigric down, and pressure once more on Eomund as the skinks scramble to defend.

Grant shoves Ravv out of the way, and Bertolf knocks Jarr back, 'though the efforts slow down the humans from scoring immediately, at least. Most of the skinks work on repositioning - walling off the run the humans have, putting pressure on the team, trying to prevent scoring opportunities by being nimble as fuck. An oversight leaves catcher Galahad undefended, and a quick shove leaves him open enough, while the ball-carrier defence goes down. For the most part, the human side works on keeping the skins down, rather than able to move about, as Galahad repositions to within an easy run to the endzone, but ends up having to wrestle Takk to the ground. As Novv runs back in to join the fray, the humans seem poised to score as the clock ticks down.

A smack from Bertolf leaves Tyrr out of the match, aggravating his concussion and sending the veteran skink to the apothecary hut. The rest of the team, however, seem to persist in feeding the meat-grinder, though an opportunity to bring down Eomund opens and the skinks go for it - although Garr goes down against Eomund in a failed tackle. Bertolf lands a tackle that smashes Weyy's knee, and Sigric clears the way for Eomund, the thrower, to run the ball in, putting the scoreline level at half-time.

While neither of the wounded skinks get up (obviously), both unconscious humans are roused by the sexy, sexy Bloodweiser babes (with the advantage of being the same species at the time) as the skinks get ready to kick off. At least this time, Vorr manages to keep the ball on-field with the boot, although the humans get a quick snap that lets them reposition enough to fovus their forces on the right. Once more, the box forms, a mountain of muscle protecting the touchdown-scoring Eomund, as Dagg makes short work of those he stands by. Mostly to skinks.

The skinks don't waste time in pressuring the humans, given that they have a whole half to hang on to settle with a draw, at the very least. Not that it seems to be doing much good, the humans using their superior teamwork and abilities to drop skinks left and right, fuel for the meatgrinder that the ogre gets stuck into as well, just adding hassle to woe for the lizard side, although Tezz brings down Galahad, knocking him into Eomund and towards the touchline, and leaving him in a precarious position facing down Jarr.

For all the good that does. Knight Advar knocks Jarr into the stands, while Sorr gets knocked out for even thinking to try and stop the human side. Down to nine once more for the drive, and lacking the muscle that Jarr provides, it seems like the humans have this one in the bag if they can wrangle another touchdown, which is a likely prospect, given the difficulty the skinks are having in even handling the ball. The box slowly moves forward, of course, inching towards the touchline without a care in the world. At this point there is seriously little the skinks can do, stalling and slowing down in a futile gesture without muscle or numbers to back it up int he slightest. Mazz gets knocked out by a blow from Dagg, while Novv gets shoved off-field, the humans moving close enough to make the entire defence a non-issue and impossibility all in one. Nirr and Ravv try and slow down the box inches from the endzone, but the lockdown just means that a pass, and a dump-off, puts the ball in the hands of Grant Valdred, who runs the ball in to put the Marauders up 2-1.

The skinks line up in a death-or-draw lineup, focusing on the offense immesurably. A quick snap lets them get the drop on the humans, letting Garr hold the ball as he surges forth, and the rest of the team to back him up. Ravv manages to latch on to the legs of Bertolf to bring him down as he tries to slip away and put pressure on Garr, leaving the ball-carrying skink runner to easily score, bringing the scoreline level with only moments of the game left.

Nonetheless, Irzz kicks off, the ball sailing high to be caught by Eomund. Instead of running for once, the thrower actually throws the damn ball for once, sending it to Odamar (who has probably been waiting all game to hold the ball), running back to prevent the skinks from getting a sniff. Not that they'd have time to score all the same, and the clock ticks down with both sides at 2-2.

Despite being a frustrating (and oftentimes dull) game, the fans rated it highly, despite the fact that the humans slowly walked downfield with the ball, while the skinks actually ran around. MVPs, nonetheless, were Knight Advar for casting a saurus into the stands, while Novv gets the Stormers' for having a pretty head-feather-crown-thing.

(... I was lucky for the quick snap. That is the only reason I managed to draw despite the fact I was a lot of muscle down and couldn't break the box for the life of me. I daresay the humans might have done better if they'd taken a few chances, and maybe secured a win for sure, but there you go. Looks like that last crippling game was the final nail in the coffin for the skinks to get a sniff at the trophy, though.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 30, 2012, 01:48:38 pm »

I'll admit, I was playing quite conservatively, trying to spread the SPP to Eomund the new Thrower and Valdred the Blitzer. Regrettably, the former botched one of his passes (and so is 1 SPP short of a new level) while the latter needs a couple TDs more before his levelup. Although I've got more than a few players within 5 SPP of a new level, the injured Knight Adavar was the one to take MVP. Oh well, next week should see some good development.

I should've just sat on the goal-line and run out the clock for the win, but I foolishly wanted to practice playing defense. Obviously, I still suck at it :P

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 30, 2012, 02:00:18 pm »

That would have made me want to punch you in the face repeatedly until the end of time.

Y'know. Just saying.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 14!
« Reply #433 on: October 30, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »

Stalling is a legitimate tactic. Anyway, we're onto week 14.

Week Fourteen
warhammer651 - Earth Strikers vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Jartol - Manner Pylon vs monk12 - Monk's Marauders
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs ank - w00t w00t

The regular season is almost over. My thanks to everyone for playing all their games.

Ank finishes first with a win/draw.
Monk clinches a playoff spot with his draw.
Burnt Pies makes the playoffs if she wins, or if Charmander and ndkid both lose/draw.
ndkid makes the playoffs if he wins, and Burnt Pies draws/loses.
Charmander makes the playoffs if he wins, and Burnt Pies and ndkid both lose/draw.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 5, Week 14!
« Reply #434 on: October 30, 2012, 03:46:06 pm »

Ooh wait, I lied, Valdred leveled up. Hooray for Tackle!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 149