Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 260908 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 3 - TT S6, W3
« Reply #2175 on: September 17, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »

3 weeks straight of elves, I wonder if the cuddle puddle is going to be ready to face nonelfy opponents

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: September 19, 2015, 02:08:58 pm »

Another game in the books.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Rings start off the match as the kicking team, hoping to bog down the Dark Elves enough to allow a late half TD, but the run never materializes. The second half was a brutal back and forth affair that was eventually resolved with some dodging, a pass into coverage (thanks nerves of steel), and a risky dodge + 2GFI to run in the late equalizer. The dark elves attempted to get the winning TD in, but were put in a position where 2 dodges + 2GFIs would be needed, and they instead elected to try to get some hits in possibly to clear it up. They instead rolled double skulls with no RRs left, and thus the game ended 1-1.

The Champions remain undefeated, although their hopes of a blowout of the league are dashed away, and Toad has picked up yet another injury, this time to his MA.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: September 19, 2015, 02:55:57 pm »

I actually wanted to chainpush myself a little closer.

Also, I played my match with Aslandus, ending 1-1.
In the first half I did quite well, holding up the receiving chaos dwarves without taking casualties, but my ko's didn't recover, and Aslandus scored when I was receiving, causing some casualties and more ko's. Then, with a really damn lucky move I managed to score:I passed with my agility boosted thro-ra to a blitz-ra in a tacklezone, who nonchalantly caught the ball, dodged and gfid twice and scored the touchdown. This has a 2.89% success chance.
Note:The chaos dwarf guard spam is really annoying.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:39:42 am by SpottedWobbegong »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 19, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »

Cuddle puddle 1-2 Slip'n'slam

This episode of cuddle puddle is brought to you by Oakey oaks brand slipping oil. Oakey oaks: for when grease just isn't enough.

The game started with the Cuddle puddle tossing the ball to the wood elf side, but technical difficulties ensued as it bounced off the field and had to be handed to the thrower by an attendant. The elves found themselves short on luck quickly however, only being able to push around the cuddle puddle to keep from getting caught up in their squeezes. The elves knocked a hole in the hug wall and slipped through with the ball, getting it to one of the mohawk sisters. A last-ditch effort by new recruit cloppy failed when he accidentally slapped himself in the face, hopefully not indicative of his future in the cuddle puddle. Mohawk red ran the ball to the cuddle puddle captain and then was made to kick it back for the next drive. Hoppy caught the ball from the kick and tried to run it to the elf coach, but the elves held him back with a combination of tenacity and boldness that the cuddle puddle was not prepared for.

Second half started with another technical error, this time with Hoppy handed the ball. He ran it forward and after some scuffling got knocked over. The ball flew into Bailey the warrior's hands and Bailey used blitzes and running to get the ball to the end zone, making it to the wood elf coach without being stopped. His hasty charge in scoring would come back to bite the cuddle puddle however, as the elves managed to pull through the cuddle puddle line and score on the very last turn of the game. Roll credits!

In memory of: The wood elf rerolls, they were few, but vital

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: September 23, 2015, 04:14:49 pm »

All matches have been played and both weeks have advanced.

Week Four Main League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - We move for nobody vs i2amroy - The Fools
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs Sinistar - Da Grin Party
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto

Week Four Training League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - Cuddle puddle vs Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos
Kansa - Da Crushas vs SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper
THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam vs Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring
i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!! vs Kanil - Sapphire Raptors

Same as last week, try to play by Monday, Wednesday at the latest. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues or you need a reset

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 4 - TT S6, W4
« Reply #2180 on: September 24, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »

Cuddle puddle 1-0 Krystal Kommandos

This episode of Cuddle Puddle is brought to you by Nurgle, everyone's favorite god of disease.

The game started with Cuddle puddle receiving, a few goblins decided to join the commandos for the game. The cuddle puddle quickly squashed one of the recruits with an overzealous hug, and hoppy failed to pick up the ball once before getting it. The Kommandos held back and ended up letting the cuddle puddle through deep into their half. A bit of tickling quickly KOed several Kommando players and injured two others. The troll attempted to throw a goblin, but due to the foul smell zealous shouting of the cuddle puddle dropped the poor goblin on his head. The cuddle puddle kept rubbing up against the Kommandos until there were a mere 3 players left on the field before handing the ball to the Kommando coach. The horned Kommando Blitzer took the final rush as an opportunity to get revenge on the puddle, squashing a cuddlebug in a single blow.

The next drive began with almost all the KOed Kommandos getting back up. Through some crafty maneuvering and a few risky plays, a blitzer got the ball and got past the Cuddle puddle line, only to be floored by Hoppy, who snatched up the ball and started making for the end zone. However, a reckless attack by one of the warriors ended the game before Hoppy could run the ball in a second time. Roll credits!

In memory of: One cuddlebug, a loner goblin's neck, and a thrower's skull

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: September 26, 2015, 03:30:17 pm »

SLAYA's SVENs 1-0 Naturan Demanto

This was a definite tale of two halves. The first half belonged to the undead fairly completely. The SVENs couldn't get anything done because they repetitively only managed pushes on the undead while the undead demolished them. This lead to the -MV Werewolf being killed right when the apothecary decided to take his lunch break. Both teams sustained a few KO's in the half and the SVENs almost managed to score on turn 5, but a failed dodge by the 4AGI blitzer KO'd the blitzer and left the ball in the hands of some ghouls. The SVENs were able to do just enough to stop the undead from scoring and the half ended 0-0.

The second half started off beautifully for the SVENs with a mummy and a ghoul going out to the sweltering heat, none of the undead KO's waking up, and 2/3 SVENs returning to the pitch (the 4AGI blitzer was still humiliated and sat the rest of the game out). The undead failed their pick-up on turn 9 and everything went downhill from there for them. Already down 9 players to 11, the undead sustained 4 KO's and an injury in the first three turns while the SVENs rushed the ball. Now playing 11 on 5 with only Ramtut and a few zombies to deal with, the SVENs took their time picking up the ball and stalling out the half for the 1-0 victory on turn 16.

GG WP Jartol, good luck in the rest of the season.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: September 26, 2015, 06:45:10 pm »

We move for nobody 2-0 The Fools

While goblins may not be a good team to start with, the dice certainly weren't doing i2amroy any favors this match.

It started with goblins receiving, they had a few bribes and two start players, the bomber and morg n thorg. The dorfs quickly crushed many goblins as well as Morg n Thorg (by a dorf with claws). The bomber tossed a bomb every turn but failed to cause more than knockdowns for the most part, only causing one casualty: a dead hobgoblin, who was apothecaried into a MNG. The remaining hobgoblin grabbed the ball and ran it in, forcing the goblins to field all of their secret weapons for a two turn drive. The goblins managed to knock down a dorf and Moo cow the mighty, but couldn't get enough of an opening to score.

The second half, the dorfs squashed more goblins and ran the ball in, all secret weapons except the goblin bomber were sent off (the team player, not the star). The goblins attempted to score in a single turn and after a successful hand off, throw teammmate, and landing, failed a go-for-it which left the player stunned in the end zone with the ball sitting next to them. The dorf hobgoblins picked up the ball and attempted to pass it, failing and dropping the ball. The goblin pogoer succeeded at grabbing the ball, and ended the game with the ball in hand standing next to a hobgoblin.

Notable injuries: 1 dead goblin, 1 MNG goblin, 1 MNG hobgoblin

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 27, 2015, 10:21:28 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks win a thriller against Shambles 'n' Snarls, 2-1

The critical drive saw the Necromantic team stop the Skaven at the goalline, only for the Strip Ball Extra Arms Gutter Runner to pop the ball loose from a Werewolf on a -2D block, dodge into 2 TZs to pick up the ball and squeak into the endzone with 3 turns remaining. In other words, the difference between a win and a draw was a coinflip, and the numerical advantage the Necromantic team enjoyed at the time could have let them march the field for their own go-ahead goal if the dice had been less friendly at the crucial juncture.

Victory didn't come without its price, however, as the more skilled Skaven Blitzer smashed his collar bone and earned an early retirement on the eve of a bashy matchup with the C-Dwarves. On the plus side, the Rat Ogre caught his first level up and the Extra Arm Skaven also leveled up. Not many games left to train a new Blitzer, but hopefully the Gutter Runners stay healthy in time for playoffs. Looks like an interesting playoff race is brewing this season.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: September 27, 2015, 10:44:48 pm »

Monk pretty much sums it up. A fast, agile, and skilled team often is placed in a situation where it either wins or loses the game on a risky (but not insane) play. It's hard to put the star players in such a bad position that it isn't worth taking the risk, and today it worked out for the rats. It's definitely one of the charms of playing against elves (and skaven,) so it was pretty fun.

The rats are pretty low on my list of teams that need to die horrible deaths, (SLAYA, I'm coming for you!) so I kinda wish I'd gotten more BHes, but it's difficult to complain about hurting people and getting SPP, 'eh?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: September 27, 2015, 11:11:31 pm »

Slip'n'slam 3-0 Champions of the Ring

This game was decide mostly by injuries. Everything was going fairly elfy to start with the elves running away from the tree and into each other while the treeman vainly tried to catch one and hit him. That changed on turn three when the treeman managed to hit an elf lineman, and promptly killed him. The woodelves smelled blood and started smashing the other elves, causing 3 more CAS and two KO's by turn 5 while only sustaining one KO themselves. The player advantage proved too much and the elves were overrun by the woodelves.

The treeman and both wardancers leveled up giving one wardancer strip ball, one tackle (in addition to MB), and the treeman rolled doubles and got block. GG WP Silent_Thunder good luck in the rest of the season.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 28, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

All main league matches validated and the week has advanced!

Week Five Main League Match-ups are:
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Aslandus - We move for nobody
i2amroy - The Fools vs SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders
Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto

I'll be advancing the league next Monday, let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 5 - TT S6, W4
« Reply #2187 on: September 30, 2015, 05:45:42 pm »

All training League matches have been played and the week has advanced!

Week Five Training League Match-ups are:
Kansa - Da Crushas vs Aslandus - Cuddle puddle
Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos vs THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam
SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper vs i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!!
Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring vs Kanil - Sapphire Raptors

Same deal as Main League, try to get your matches played by Monday.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 5 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2188 on: October 02, 2015, 12:07:48 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 3 - 0 We move for nobody

Things looked rough for the Skaven after the first turn saw the first Gutter Runner fail his dodge and turnover, but the Wizard they were able to purchase as inducement was on point with his fireball, knocking down 3 cage corners and the ballcarrier, letting the other Gutters stream through, snag the ball and score. In the closing moments of the first half the kick went deep and the Skaven were able to get a line of Gutters between the ballcarrier and his support, ultimately Stripping the ball and scoring again to go up 2-0. The second half was more of a coinflip in terms of who might have scored, but playing with a lead let the Skaven try a series of risky plays, one of which eventually worked to spring a Gutter deep with the ball.

Relatively light casualties for the Skaven, the only serious injury being the death of a skilled Linerat. Still, the victory puts the Skaven in good position for the #2 seed heading into the playoffs; if Kanil can pull off the upset of Slaya, they still have a shot at #1!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 5 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2189 on: October 02, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »

If I had to guess what the biggest problem I had for that game was, it would probably be lack of break tackle... There were at least four occasions where a single lineman marked one of my big bruisers who was in blitzing distance of the ball carrier and probably would've crushed them if they could break out...
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 149