Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261036 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 10 - TT S4, W9
« Reply #1920 on: April 08, 2015, 02:43:29 pm »

Yeah, I have no idea how I managed to become king of the low spots enough to pull out a season continuation. Once you get Guard on Dwarves they stop being so terrible against fellow bashy teams, because you can get far more reliable dice.

I'm in Halfling inducement levels here, though. I am fully prepared to Not Try Very Hard.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1921 on: April 09, 2015, 11:57:35 am »

Yeah, the OP for the training league is a tiny bit out of date. All the games there have been played but the monk vs. Raddish one, and they both have enough points that the only difference they will make is if Raddish wins Monk and Cyrptfiend will both move down a position and Raddish will move up 2. 8 slots, and you just barely squeezed in in spot number 8 (Of course you are going to have 590k in inducements :P).

Also I find it hilarious that with Shadowing on my +MV wardancer Navi it's almost impossible for you to run away from her (even assuming you could somehow dodge reliably). She's got an ~93% chance of successfully shadowing your runners, and an ~98% chance of pulling it off on anyone else on your team. :D
*cough* stinky op leafs-covered pointy ears *cough*
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 09, 2015, 12:05:46 pm »

Yeah, the OP for the training league is a tiny bit out of date. All the games there have been played but the monk vs. Raddish one, and they both have enough points that the only difference they will make is if Raddish wins Monk and Cyrptfiend will both move down a position and Raddish will move up 2. 8 slots, and you just barely squeezed in in spot number 8 (Of course you are going to have 590k in inducements :P).

Also I find it hilarious that with Shadowing on my +MV wardancer Navi it's almost impossible for you to run away from her (even assuming you could somehow dodge reliably). She's got an ~93% chance of successfully shadowing your runners, and an ~98% chance of pulling it off on anyone else on your team. :D
*cough* stinky op leafs-covered pointy ears *cough*
The only reason elves haven't taken over already is injury rolls. Without reliably trimming them down, we're all done for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 11, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »

WELCOME TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its that time of the season for the training league coaches! The regular season is over and the post-season tournament has begun!

(1.) Fightin Fairies v. Stumpy Surgeons (8.)
The first seeded elves will look to continue their impressive run against the eighth seeded dwarves. The elves have to be confident going into this game after winning their last seven matches, including a 2-1 victory over the dwarves in week 5. The dwarves are not discouraged heading into this match-up despite sneaking into the playoffs by winning their final two games of the regular season. Who will exert their dominance on the pitch and extend their win streak in this first round match-up? Can Coach Otherplayers get his first post-season victory with the high-flying elves, or will Coach Remuthra's dwarves barrel through the forest on their way to the second round? We'll never know until the final whistle is blown in this exciting encounter!

(2.) SLAYA'S SVENS v. landing party (7.)

Its time for a Norse bowl folks!! Both teams will be looking to regain their top form in this first round match-up. The SVENS started their season with an impeccable 7-0 record only to lose their final two playoff games and slip down to the second seed while the the landing party haven't won a match since week five! The SVENS have to be going in confident after defeating the landing party 3-0 in week three. The landing party won't go down easily though. They deserve to be here and are coming in with everything to prove and nothing to lose. Will the play-off experience and titles of Coach THE_SLAYA lead his SVENS one game closer to a second training league tournament title in three seasons, or will first-time Coach Aslandus pull off the upset and gain his first Bay12 play-off victory? We'll find out soon enough in this first ever Norse bowl!!

(3.) Monk's Mutineers v. The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds (6.)

The third seeded vampires will look to drain the blood of the sixth seeded orcs in this brutal match-up. The orcs are also out for blood (although they'll probably leave it on the pitch rather than lap it up and take it with them) after a narrow 1-0 defeat to the vampires in week 8. The vampires have been in impressive form with only one loss since the opening game, including a victory over the first seeded elves, and will look to continue their run into the next round. The orcs have stumbled into the play-offs going winless in their final three matches and hope to right the ship before its too late. Will the vampires assert their dominance or can the break through their hypnotic stares and advance to the second round? Let's find out in this exciting orc-vampire match-up!!

(4.) Cript's Clobbers v The Slow March of Death (5.)

This is anybody's game with only two points separating the fourth seeded chaos and fifth seeded undead at the end of the regular season. The chaos have been on a roll lately with zero losses in their last five matches and hope to continue their hot-streak through the play-offs. The undead are looking to regain their early season form where they won three of their first four matches, including a 1-0 victory over the chaos team. With so little separating these two teams and coaches, its impossible to pick a winner for this sure-to-be exciting match-up! Will the Chaos pull through and advance to the second round or will the undead march over the chaos to their next opponent? Either way it'll be an exciting match for everyone!!

PS. There is no official time limit on these matches but please play them ASAP. The sooner the matches are played, the sooner a winner is crowned and the sooner the next season can begin! Let me know if there are any scheduling difficulties.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 10 - TT S4, QF
« Reply #1924 on: April 11, 2015, 02:48:29 pm »

My bracket's boring, I'm picking the high seeds to win... right up until the Final when Monk's Mutineers defeats Fightin Fairies! :P

Da na na, Da na na!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 11, 2015, 04:14:34 pm »

My bracket's boring, I'm picking the high seeds to win... right up until the Final when Monk's Mutineers defeats Fightin Fairies! :P

Da na na, Da na na!

But if the high seeds win all the way to the final, the mutineers wouldn't have a chance to beat the fairies because the SVENS would knock them out in the semi-final, xD

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1926 on: April 12, 2015, 12:33:17 am »

Ugh, the matching seems pretty brutal, putting the rank-wise opposite teams together. :O

I am quite happy for a vamp rematch though. My GPU is ready. >:)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 12, 2015, 09:23:19 am »

I suppose if anyone has a decent chance against an elf team it would be the dwarf team, but given the records I wouldn't be too hopeful. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that SLAYA just couldn't wait to have his second Norsebowl match.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 12, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »

I suppose if anyone has a decent chance against an elf team it would be the dwarf team, but given the records I wouldn't be too hopeful. Though I have a sneaking suspicion that SLAYA just couldn't wait to have his second Norsebowl match.

I won't lie and say that playing against the norse rather than the dwarves crossed my mind when conceding the elf match, but that was mostly just because I hate playing against teams with 400K in inducements, xp. The norsebowl was enjoyable though with lots of smashing and punching and blood(: I'm looking forward to the vampires or orcs in the next round.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 12, 2015, 09:14:45 pm »

The Daemoning! 0-1 Scaly and Lazy has concluded.

The game started with The Daemoning! receiving the ball and punching forward into the lizards, they made good progress forward in the first two turns, sending two lizardmen off the field, but then the lizardmen rallied, setting up a lose cage around the Khornite with skinks as they tried to slow down their advance. The push forward stalled out, in the middle the lizards and skinks pushed up agains the Khorn lines to try to tie down the Bloodthirster and open a path to the carrier, as on the right side the Krox and another lizard are bullied by a few cultists and demons. Although the lizardmen were unable to knock down the blodge ball carrier (That damn bloger, I spent all three of my rerolls rerolling double dice blocks on him, but to no avail) as the skinks managed to run amok with most of the Khornite tacklers taken out by the Ogres last game, they spent a long time marking up and adding their strength to the fight, and in the end the chaos were unable to push any further forward, eventually having to make a lot of dodges and a go for it on the second to last turn to try to set themselves up in a scoring position, the ball carrier made the dodges, but fell down on the go for it. The lizardmen stuck themselves into the chaos to hold them down as the skinks failed to pass the freed ball around enough to make a goal for the lizardmen, and then the last two turns of the half were ended immediately by our respective big guys knocking themselves out immediately on our turns.

The second half was simply a comedy of idiotic misplays on my part at the start. It started with me getting a touchback, but as I considered who to give it to, my time ran out and it was assigned to a lizardman. Deciding that that wasn't actually such a bad thing, I caged him up with whatever lizards I could move into the area and my skinks and moved him into the chaos half of the field. Chaos responded by blitzing my cage, forcing the lizards back and putting the bloodthirster right on my ball carrier. I decided to punch back into the chaos, and pushed them back a bit, Unfortunately, not back far enough, and instead of cutting and running my ball carrier ended standing next to the down, but about to get back up, blood thirster. The demons rallied on the next turn and blitzed down my ball man, which started a hilarious round of everyone pile on the ball and watched it bounce around. Six turns later the cultists were down on the ground, three skinks and a lizardman were sitting the bloodthirster, and the fourth skink ran away to a corner with the ball in hand to wait out the last few turns of lizards stepping on cult heads.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 14, 2015, 01:52:41 pm »

MAIN LEAGUE PLAYOFF TIME!!!!!!!!!

(1.) Scaly and Lazy v The Ill-Timed Boners (4.)

In this match up between two teams composed of very big and very small players, the lizards have to be the heavy favorites. Coming into the play-offs as the first seed with only one loss and more than double the points of their opponents, confidence is running high for the lizards. The Ogres (assuming they can remember the beginning of the season) have to believe they have what it takes to upset the lizards with their regular season match-ups scores of 1-1 and 0-1. If the Ogres can't remember that far back, then maybe they'll just go out and smash some lizards and maybe get the ball, (you never know with Ogres). Will Coach Criptfiend dispatch of the Ogres and make it to his first ever Bay12 Cup Final, or will Coach Kanil return to the finals and give his team a shot at back-to-back Ogre champions? We'll find out with this fun(ny) match-up between the lizards and the Ogres!!!

(2.) Slashing Slayers v Da Green Thwack'rs (3.)

This match should prove to be an exciting one with the second seeded Chaos taking on the third seeded orcs. The teams split their regular season matches 1-0 and 3-0 with the Chaos having the larger and more recent victory. The higher seed and the more recent victory have to have the chaos confident and ready for this match. The orcs will not be an easy opponent coming in angry from that 3-0 shellacking in the main season, they are ready to smash their way through any obstacle to make it to the finals. Can Coach THE_SLAYA return to the finals for a third consecutive season, or will Raddish make it to his first ever Bay12 Finals? We'll find out in this smashing match-up between the Chaos and the Orcs!!!!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 14, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »

Cript's Clobbers 3-0 The Slow March of Death has just concluded!

The game opened with the undead receiving the ball at the start of the first half. The mummies started on the sides of the line of skirmish, and then moved outward to menace the beastmen who were standing to stop any ghoul runaway. The chaos held the line against the probing undead, the heaviest battling was on the right hand side, as the ghoul ball carrier moved towards that side and the chaos and undead battled it out over whether a hole would appear for it to move though. In the end though the ghoul moved back into the middle area, and from there a chaos warrior on the line of skirmish dodged away from the zombie he had been grappling with to blitz down the ghoul. He even managed to recover the ball. A couple of beastmen managed to slip though the undead lines and offer their support to the ball carrying warrior. The undead response only managed to push the warrior around though, and over the next couple of turns more chaos and undead flooded the area, making a ball of flailing fists and rotting flesh in the middle of the undeads pitch. The ball carrier was pushed out of the mess into the right hand side of the pitch, and was eventually knocked down, but a beastman recovered the ball and continued the push forward, in the end he blitzed himself free and into the end zone for a score.

The second drive it wasn't looking good for the undead, down two players from injuries in the first half, and out of rerolls. Chaos kicked the ball out into the left field, but disaster stuck as one of the undead on the line of skirmish managed to knock himself down and get a turn over before the undead recovered the ball. The beastmen on the left surged forward, knocking the undead away from the ball and managing to pick it up. The ghouls responded, piling on the beastman ball. They pushed back and fourth for a turn or two, but in the end the ghouls were unable to stop the beastmen from breaking free and getting the second score of the half.

The second half started with me not realizing that it had actually started. I put my whole team on the line of skirmish, but luckily the kick was high, so a beastman was standing next to the ball after he failed to catch it. Then my line knocked over the enemy mummies, and fouled one into the KO box. It was only when the undead teams turn started that I realized my mistake. That it was the second half! A mummy blitzed away the beastman on the ball, and a ghoul came in to grab it and run away, this possible turn around was averted when the ghoul failed to pick up the ball. I blitzed the ghoul away from the ball and recovered it with a warrior, who I put almost my whole team around. The undead responded as they could to my cage, managing to hold it down with only a few players, in the end I abandoned it with my carrier, and ran up the opposite side with the carrier and a few beastmen. The ghouls responded by slowing down and attacking the new cage, eventually knocking down the warrior who held the ball. However, at this point more and more chaos had arrived, the ball was recovered and a warrior pushed though the undead for the third point on the last turn of the match.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Finals - TT S4, QF
« Reply #1932 on: April 17, 2015, 01:25:17 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 3-0 (I think) The Ill-Timed Boners

Welp. That was. Yeah. I dunno.

It started with me receiving, I fought the orges with my lizards as the skinks tried to get though, the normal, the skinks got though and scored a point on the fifth round. The second drive saw the orges do much the same, the snots didn't quite get though in time, and a skink blitz at the last minute knocked the carrier down and prevented him from gettting a last turn score. More importantly three sauruses got badly hurt, one of which I used the apothecary on, and then one of them (one of my blodge guys even) died. So it was looking relatively close, personally I felt that the orges would likely win though grinding my team down in the second half so that they could win in overtime.

However, then the second half happened. I wanted to preserve my lizards to try to make at least some play, so I put my skinks all on the front line. When the orges received the ball, a snot picked it up and the orges pushed around my skinks on the front line, despite a lot of three dice blocks they only knocked down one, and several of them boneheaded. On my turn I blitzed the ball carrier with a fairly hail marry play, edge of my go for it range and a Diving tackle snot in the way. That didn't seem to matter to my skink who ran though it all with ease, knocked and badly hurt the ball carrier. Then all my other skinks managed to follow him though the multiple tacklezone of the none boneheaded orges and snots, managing to pick up the ball and make a cage around it. Then my lizards moved up to engage the orges. And several of them boneheaded on their next turn. And my skinks scored! It was a pretty lucky goal. The most surprising part about it was when next drive, they did the exact same thing. And then the drive after that the orges set themselves up in a five tacklezone deep array in front of my skinks, who ran though and got the ball again.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 17, 2015, 02:34:14 pm »

Making a good run at the double title, eh Cript? :D

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:04 pm »

One match away from victory in the main league and 2 away in the training league, I'd say he's got a decent shot.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 149