Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261065 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 4 - TT S4, W4
« Reply #1845 on: February 20, 2015, 04:00:05 pm »

Yeah, a bit of a disjointed game, but 16 turns will have been played in anger and the correct result will be recorded. My 14/16 SPP ogre who's been on 14/16 SPP forever got a cas in each half-game, but he'll still be stuck at 14/16 for at least another week!

Edit: I looked up how long Cap'n's been on 14 SPP. He got his 14th SPP March 21st, 2014. 8 games ago. I really hope he levels some time before the end of the season. I really hope it's doubles, too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:08:21 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 20, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »

Slashing Slayers 1 - 0 The Daemoning!

Game could have very easily gone 1-2 in favor of the Daemoning had they but been able to throw the ball. The Slayer's minotaur spent every turn but 3 roaring and tearing at the ground, while the Daemons were racking up injuries left and right and not sustaining any at all. Both were slowed down by a blitz shortly before the end zone, and then recovered on turns 8 and 16. The players broke free, picking up the ball, running up to 2 squares away from the player in the end zone as they eagerly awaited the TD... and then critically failed the throw.

As such the Daemoning maintains their strong hold on last place, with a grand total of 1 point out of all four games of the season. :-\

That said you might have a tough time next game Monk! I took out three of THE_SLAYA's players (none of which had tackle) so you only have about 500k in inducements instead of the 800k you would have had! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 21, 2015, 10:50:55 pm »

SLAYA'S SVENs 1-0 Shambles 'n' Snarls

This game was won by one skill, and one skill only. Block. Block wins games folks. No if's and's or but's about it. There were probably ten times this match where Kanil's plans were thwarted by a player with block. My score was 100% due to a Flesh Golem trying to punch one of my linemen and knocking himself over due to block early in Kanil's turn. The reason Kanil didn't score (despite removing both of my werewolves in the first two turns of the game leaving it 9v11 with my SVENs on the lower end of the strength scale) was because he couldn't get through my guys with block or because my guys with block would rush the ball and single die blitz because they had block and he didn't. Because of block the SVENs still haven't conceded a TD all season. I would like to give a shout-out to block, for helping my team through this match. Have I said block enough? Just to be sure, I'd like to say that block was the sole reason for this win. Thank you block.

ggwp to Kanil though, had the dice been nicer, he would've won that game by a lot.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:50 am »

Even if you hadn't had block, I'd still have had a lot of turnovers that game. Sure they would have knocked one of your guys down each time, but that would have only been a mild inconvenience for you. I wonder if I should have saved up money for another reroll instead of picking up the ghoul... probably not, but I sure regret it this game.

Criptfeind and I managed to get in our 32 end turns without a crash, so no more resets needed there.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:31 pm »

I haven't been able to catch Monk online on steam over the last couple days.  But in case he sees this before it all gets moved on I am able to play whenever really.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 23, 2015, 12:43:55 pm »

Speaking of games and the playing of them. Last night we had:

Cripts Clobbers 1-2 Fightin Fairies

It started with the elves receiving the ball and getting a touchback, which along with some passing got the ball about 80% of the way down the field on the first (or second?) turn. A beastman blitzed the carrier though and sent her to the ground, more beastmen and elves came in to surround the ball, and it bounced around a bit until eventually it popped out one of the sides. A elf came in and swooped it away and got a goal on the third round of the game.

In the next round chaos received and pushed forward, running headlong into the treeman, they knocked him over repeatedly as they looked for a way past the elves defense. Eventually finding one right in the middle of the field they punched though and got up a partial cage next to the goal, pushing away the elves they walked in for a goal in the round. After one more turn on the skirmish line the half ended 1-1 tie!

In the next half chaos started receiving, and once again pushed forward. My plan this time was to stall out the drive as long as possible to end the game in 2-1 victory, to that end I avoided the tree and instead pushed forward up the left directly against the elven line. Unfortunately in the first turn two of my chaos warriors decided to eat KOs by the elven response, and I became Extremely stuck a turn away from the goal. The elf line was too strong and deep to push though, and I didn't have enough players left on the pitch to pull back. We spent most of the rest of the game in that small area, the elves slowly pushing forward. A few turns from the end of the game the treeman managed to make his way over to the skirmish and punch the ball carrier. In response I picked back up the ball and moved forward as far as I could, but it was not safe enough and the elves send the ball back to the ground and ran away with it. A beastman blitz sent the elf carrier to the ground and get the ball on the last turn, but the elven blitz in response did the same and ran the ball in for the winning goal on the last turn.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 23, 2015, 02:20:56 pm »

Monk's Mafioso 1 - 1 Da Green Thwackerz

I can't believe I left a chain push for the final TD open. Ws are hard to come by with flings, it's super annoying to lose them because I played well for 15 turns and then was stupid at the last. Don't get me wrong, Raddish played a hell of a game and had some hard dice at times, but ARGH. Still, a draw is better than a loss, so I'm still alive for playoffs. Hopefully next week I can manage my first W of the season, even with reduced Inducements (curse you i2amroy!)

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 23, 2015, 02:23:29 pm »

You are still alive.  Can't say the same for some of those wee little men of yours.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 23, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

2 dead flings and no other perms is a good day at the office, though winnings were crap this outing. Flings are cheap though, so I'll be back up to full "strength" next week!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 23, 2015, 10:10:30 pm »

With that all games have been played and both leagues are advanced.

Week Five Main League Match-ups are:
Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
monk12 - Monk's Mafioso vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners

Week Five Training League Match-ups are:
Kansa - The Black Guards vs monk12 - Monk's Mutineers
Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
Aslandus - landing party vs Raddish - Slow March of Death
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls

This Monday advancing seems to be working well so I'll be sticking with it. Let me know if there are any issues with scheduling.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 5 - TT S4, W5
« Reply #1855 on: February 23, 2015, 10:49:15 pm »

Hey. My opponents from last week are swapped. Cool. I wonder if the result will be swapped as well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 24, 2015, 05:35:07 pm »

Me and Kanil played our game. Ending in a

Cripts Clobbers 1-1 Shambles 'n' Snarls tie!

It was a interesting game. Not playing out exactly the way one might expect.

In the first half Kanil chose for me to receive the ball. A beastman got it and ran up to be caged by his fellow beasts and warriors. But once again I let myself get stuck in the defense, and a unholy scrum of about 20 players took places in the mid field. It was going quite poorly for me, so I pulled out my carrier and a few beastmen that could follow him and ran for the side. Unfortunately, more of the undead were able to make it out of the fight then beastmen, and the resulting blitz on the side saw the ball pass hands to another beastman who was forced to run back into the middle. The scrum was a little bit more open this time, and we pushed forward a bit, but ultimately got bogged down and pulled apart, the undead finally recovered the ball, too late in the half for a touchdown though. Ending the half on 0-0.

In the next half the undead combined a general push along with a drive down the right, they were pretty much free by rights from the go until a unlucky turn over gave me the time I needed to put enough guys in front of the ball carrier to keep him from running wild on my side. Instead the wolf pulled back to the left, trapping most of my troops on the right. However, a beastman blitzed out and knocked the wolf to the dirt, and a few more beastmen and a chaos warrior managed to surround the ball. The undead came to fight for the ball, but it was too far back from the skirmish and next turn chaos pushed them away from the ball and a warrior picked it up and made a break for it. Managing to get a touchdown as the rest of the team screened for him.

However, at this point the battles had taken their toll, and I was going into the next drive without enough men to properly screen the werewolf advance. Along with the kickoff event extending the game by a turn, the wolf had no issue just walking the touchdown in. One failed OTTD attempt later and the game ended! Ties for everyone!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:37:55 pm by Criptfeind »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 27, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »

Daemons rack up another loss, including losing their best player (who was just two SPP from level 5) and 10K from team costs. Worst part was that I had literally just used my apothecary on a BH the previous turn because I've had a number of matches now where I've refused to use it and then never been hit with a serious injury and I needed the guard players on the field.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 27, 2015, 06:59:37 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 3-1 The Daemoning!

I won the coin flip and decided to give kicking first a try, so I set up my lizards in a defensive line and kicked off the ball to the demons. They got the ball and moved forward on the right side, I piled my lizards onto them as their demons piled back, my hired wizard lobbed a fireball into the mix that purchased me a extra turn to move in. Eventually the ball popped out of the pile, bounced around, and eventually landed in the hands of the very clumsy and very confused Krox. He pondered what to do with the ball for a turn before some small light lit up deep in his skull, remembering the heroics of his first ever game he took off running for the endzone, luckily for the rest of the lizardmen it was the demons endzone. Bashing aside cultists (badly hurting one and killing a star cultist player) and dodging away from demons who tried to slow him down, he got within feet of the endzone before the Khorn demon chased him down and sent him to eat the dirt. He watched from the ground as a lightingbolt flew out from the stands into the only cultist marking the ball and a skink who had been following him picked up the ball and ran in for a goal. Ending the drive, and not leaving enough time in the half for anything else really.

The second half saw the lizardmen recive the ball, and the Khornites set up in a quite odd position. All of them on the left, in formation that looked like a staircase. The lizardmen mobbed the outside of the formation and the skinks ran up the right side. I missed one demons movement which allowed it to blitz into the skink ball carrier, but a lizardman blitz response knocked the demon away and the skinks recovered the ball for a three turn touchdown.

Two points up and only six turns to go, it was looking good in the second drive of the half. However, the Khornites swarmed forward, knocking lizardmen down left and right, and without a wizard to slow them down a demon ran past the lizard line, and in next turn he caught a pass and made it away from the skinks for a two turn touchdown. Bringing hope for at least a tie back to the Daemoning.

In the third drive the Khorn set up in the middle of the field, the lizardmen closed them in on the left and bottom side of their formation as the skinks ran past. Although the lizardmen lost the fight badly (the star block+dodge lizardman coming near to death, but the alchemist reducing it to only a niggling injury), but the skinks got away clean and ran in for their second three turn touchdown.

With only two turns in the fourth drive of the second half there wasn't really enough time for much to happen. No dodging into enemy territory for a quick touchdown happened this time. A few punches were thrown, and although the demons were certainly winning, it was over with the ball just to the line of skirmish.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:02:35 pm by Criptfeind »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:56 pm »

All main league matches have been played and the week has been advanced!

Week Six match-ups are:
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers
monk12 - Monk's Mafioso vs Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy

Since we finished this last week early, we'll have a bit of extra time to play before the next advancement on Monday March 9th. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 149