Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261202 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 5 - TT S3, W4
« Reply #1575 on: September 18, 2014, 05:00:21 pm »

Main league has advanced again!

Week Six matchups are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs Luke_Prowler - Ripsaw's Raiders
Kanil -  Shimmering Dragons vs Raddish - Knives in the Darkness
monk12 - Monk's Morons vs lijacote - Struggling People

I'll be advancing the league next Friday. As always, message me if there are any scheduling issues.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 6 - TT S3, W4
« Reply #1576 on: September 19, 2014, 12:28:15 pm »

Da Green Thwack'rs 1 - 2 The Slippery Slammers

The second half of that match really made me feel my AGI team roots, with me suffering 3 BH's, a Broken Jaw (which the apothecary tried to murder) and a Death of a 0 SPP Linewoman. Despite that a fortuitous scatter roll in the first half allowed me to steal the ball and score on turn 8, with the second score after receiving on turn 12 enough to secure the win. It looks like I'll be down a catcher for my next week game against the Khorne, but luckily my +AGI Amazon got MVP and leveled, so that might help a bit.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 19, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »

At least I managed to get a TD and some SPP from injuries.  The first half the dice refused to give me a break.  One turn I knocked 9 or the 11 players down and broke the armour of like none of them, even with my mighty blow orc.

Second half I started causing injuries only after it was too late to avert the loss.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 20, 2014, 02:23:08 am »

Ah, i2amroy? Sent you a PM a while ago, would like to hear from you. Game 8-10 hours from now would be ideal.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 20, 2014, 07:31:22 am »

Huh. I rolled doubles on a Saurus that leveled up last match. It seems like it might be bad timing, since all my Saurus really really need block, so I might have to just ignore the doubles.

Also, I am quite a few skinks down, is multiplayer like the single player where if you can't field enough guys you get replacement guys who are at level 1 and have loner? (and after the match you get a option to hire them to keep any ssp they managed to get?) I'm trying to decide if it's worth forgoing a reroll in order to avoid having one or two of those on my team, but to be honest their biggest downside seems to be a inability to use rerolls, which I almost never spend on my skinks anyway (And I guess a waste of ssp if they get any and I can't buy them after the match.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 20, 2014, 07:39:03 am »

They catch MVPs, which is annoying... and are unreliable, of course. They do make excellent LoS fodder, however. I wouldn't put off buying a reroll to get more skinks yet -- lizards don't have many starting skills, so you really need some rerolls. Possibly after you pick up the third, you can replace loners with more permanent members (and maybe get some reserves) but skinks are really low priority.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 20, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

Yeah, I'd take the reroll over skink depth; just make sure to protect your regular skinks and have them do the ballhandling. You might lose an MVP, but thems the dice sometimes. Skinks aren't too hard to skill up anyhow, and usually you don't want them to have more than a couple of skills anyway.

As far as the double though, I'd be really tempted to take Dodge and then Break Tackle, since a Saurus who can get where you want him to go without wasting rerolls to do it is worth his weight in gold. It certainly wouldn't be wrong to take Block though.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 20, 2014, 02:27:20 pm »

It was a busy morning for bloodbowl today! I've validated all matches played and the training league advances yet again, :p.

Week Five matchups are:
Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers vs lijacote - Red Thought
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 20, 2014, 02:37:50 pm »

Vidyagamsk 3 - 1 The Daemoning!

I haven't seen a game with this much bad/good luck in it since my ogre teams. I scored pretty quickly at the beginning, but after that it was just a long string of injury rolls (despite my 8 armor), and by the second half the Daemons were down to only 9 players on the field (and that's with 2 subs to begin with) a number that quickly dropped even further. Since my guard players were all the first casualties, my team basically spent the remainder of the game huddling in the corner with the bloodthirster throwing the occasional block.

I don't hold particularly high hopes for the next week either :/. With both of my level 4 players (my ball carrier and elf killer), as well as one of my guard heralds out I'm not sure how well I'm going to be faring against the top team in the league.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 6 - TT S3, W5
« Reply #1584 on: September 21, 2014, 08:48:47 am »

Raddish and I have played our game, ending 2-1 in my favor. Cheer up i2amroy, I'll be fielding half a team next game, too.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:37 am »

From a unlucky dodge roll I could not score in the first half and he got the TD on the last turn of it.  If that one dodge had worked it would have either ended equal or gone in my favor.  But I did managed to get a bunch of casualties caused and a single TD so some tasty SPP for my players at least.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 21, 2014, 01:01:07 pm »

Raddish and I have played our game, ending 2-1 in my favor. Cheer up i2amroy, I'll be fielding half a team next game, too.
Well maybe I'll have a chance then. :P

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 21, 2014, 01:13:21 pm »

For dealing with the elves I recommend beating on them until they don't get up and hoping the next team they go up against beats them down some more.

On a side note, is it possible to have an entire loner team because all your players are either killed or miss a game for injuries

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 21, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »

Sure. I played an entire training tournament with just loner linemen.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 23, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

I finished my match with Raddish. It ended in a 1-0 win for Raddish. I received the ball first (On a saurus non the less), and the first five rounds of the game were a hilarious punching match to establish dominance, eventually the orcs came out ahead and I ran my ball carrying saurus and skinks around back and fourth trying to get though his lines. But I ran out of time before getting a opening. At the opening of the second half it wasn't looking too good for me, with a few saurus and skinks out of commission, but I still had my trump card, in the form of the gods of blood bowl themselves coming onto the field and declaring me the victor and smiting down all of his black orcs with sweltering heat. It was a tough half, but despite my massive advantage I managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory by deciding I had plenty of time to get in a bashing fest with over half my dudes as his ball carrier strolled on down past me. I desperately threw my remaining skinks at him to slow him down, but surprisingly 40 pounds of lizard artisans were unable to stop 300 pounds of green wrecking machine and he got the first touchdown of the match on his (I think) 15th turn.

Despite sticking to the spirit of blood bowl and spending pretty much my whole game trying to bash the rock hard heads of the orcs and totally ignoring my elvish skinks the game still saw fit to pay me only 20k at the end of the match. Ah well. It's not like I needed those skinks or that alchemist. I'm down quite a few players as well, I think maybe 2 saurus and a skink in the next game.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:59:17 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 149