Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261225 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 3 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1560 on: September 03, 2014, 05:57:45 pm »

[Sorry, double post]

The rematch between Ripsaw's Raiders and The Struggling People has ended.

In which I got my ass thoroughly whooped, ending 0-1 in lijacote, who only missed a second touchdown because the beastman couldn't do a hand off.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 3 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1561 on: September 04, 2014, 07:47:38 pm »

After a little delay due to massive amounts of homework and forgetfulness on my part, The main league week has been advanced.

Week Four Match-ups are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs Kanil -  Shimmering Dragons
monk12 - Monk's Morons vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
lijacote - Struggling People vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
Raddish - Knives in the Darkness vs Luke_Prowler - Ripsaw's Raiders

If possible try to get your games in by Tuesday night, but if all games haven't been played by then I'll be advancing the league Friday morning.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 4 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1562 on: September 06, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

Slaya's Sauteyas 2-1 The Slippery Slammers

I believe my Sauteyas halfling master chef decided to offer all the food to nuffle instead of the enemy team (out of the six possible reroll steals only one succeeded). The deciding factor in this game was the Amazons' atrocious luck (especially when it counted in the second half) and my treemen being absolutely phenomenal. The halflings opened up the scoring on turn 5. With their cage completely surrounded and no viable escape options, Bigshroom decided it was time for the ballcarrier to go. He picked up the halfling and gracefully threw him into prime scoring position. The halfling decided not to risk his life (he still needed to saute some stuff after the game) and put the ball in the endzone before the amazon could realize what had happened. The amazon did manage to get the ball and put in a turn 8 score to tie the game at the half, but not before bigshroom had had enough of their lollygagging shenanigans. He decdided to run at full speed (double GFI blitz) into a blitzer and smash her into the ground. This resulted in a very dead blitzer, until the apothecary had to ruin everyone's fun and change the roll into a -AV.
The second half saw the true start of the bad luck by the amazons (who only had 3 rerolls this half due to the master chef). The amazon received the ball and decided to run down the left flank in a nice neat cage. This lasted for about two turns until Bigshroom dedcided it was throwing time again. He proceeded to grab the nearest halfling and hurl him into the cage. Unfortunately for the halfling, he stuck the landing but didn't land on top of anyone in the cage. Luckily though he managed to dodge around and not die on the proceeding turn. The Amzons decided to backtrack slightly and avoid any possible halfling blocks so the thrower with the ball now stood just behind the cage. Bigshroom could more clearly see his target this time so he picked up his next piece of ammunition, calculated the windspeed, and hurled him across the field landing him directly on the thrower who was holding the ball. The amazon attempted to retrieve the ball on their next turn, but rolled somewhere around seven 1's or Attacker downs and ended up allowing a halfling to retrieve the ball and run down the field with it. The Amazons attempted to knock him down but had to settle for placing two blitzers around him forcing him to double dodge and GFI in order to score. The halfling was feeling lucky and did just that to score the final touchdown of the game on turn 12. The rest of the game saw the amazons attempt to run in a quick TD but more failed dodges and pickups prevented them from doing so (again, so many 1's and skulls it was ridiculous). Bigshroom felt he should get in one more throw to try and stop the amazon when they had the ball so he picked up a halfling and hurled him into the amazon cage (before they had tripped and failed dodges to lose the ball), unfortunately the halfling landed on his face and had to spend the remainder of the turn getting back on his feet. For all his heroic throwing and his stolen kill, Bigshroom was awarded MVP. GGWP to Otherplayers and I hope nuffle is nicer to you next game.

Now that this game has been played, the training league has advanced!

Week Three matchups are:
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs lijacote - Red Thought
i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers vs Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy

I'd like to advance this league by next Tuesday (9/16), but if there are scheduling issues it can wait until the Friday after that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 4 - TT S3, W3
« Reply #1563 on: September 07, 2014, 07:06:20 am »

So, with the next week started I decided to get around to spending the cash and level ups I got, I spent all my money on a reroll. (Although I almost wanted to get a apothecary or another skink, but I figured I needed a reroll more then I needed 11 players on the pitch most of the time.) Then to level up  my big guy. I'm not sure what to take. A page ago some people mentioned guard and break tackle, both of which are on this list of things my guy can do. I don't like the look of the other ones (specially the green one, juggernaut, since I don't like to blitz with my big lizard.) So I guess I should take one of them? Guard looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I need it since my dudes are so much stronger then everyone (except the treemen) anyway. Break tackle looks cool too though. Any advice?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 07, 2014, 08:33:37 am »

Break tackle is nice, as the Krox is fast and stops him from getting tied down by a single lineman. However, you still have to roll a 2+ and if you get the 1, he still has loner.

Guard always works, and between guard and the tail, the Krox can still contribute quite a bit without ever having to move him (and thus risk bonehead.)

Both are solid choices, BT is slightly riskier but has a higher reward. You correctly concluded that guard is less useful on a team with 7 ST4+ players, but guard is still useful. It's pretty much impossible to have too much guard.

Also, if you (or anyone else) have any questions about developing your players, consider reading up on them at BBtactics. I highly recommend it, picking good skills is an important part of having a good team. You don't have to pick exactly what Coach recommends, but it's a good place to go to get some ideas.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:55 am »

Knives in the Darkness 2 - 1 Ripsaw's Raiders

Was an interesting match from my perspective.  Early first half and late second half the rolls went against me.  Some double ones and I was out of rerolls after turn 2 or 3.  The dice turned to my side on about turn 4 or 5 when his orc was around 1 turn away from scoring and I got him taken down.  Managed to turn that around and score on turn 8.

Second half I broke through the side quite early and an orc blitzing pushed my ball carrier into the endzone scoring my second touchdown.  After this the orcs started beating on my players, putting a bunch down and out leaving me with 5 or 6 players to try to hold back 11 orcs.  It went okay for the most part but a badly timed 1 on a dodge roll left the endzone open on turn 16. 

Two injuries to my team, though one of them to a loner.  Means I am down 1 player for my next match.  Which is better than the 2 I was down for this one.  No level ups though which is a shame, but at least my MVP did not die this time around.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 07, 2014, 03:33:27 pm »

Also, if you (or anyone else) have any questions about developing your players, consider reading up on them at BBtactics. I highly recommend it, picking good skills is an important part of having a good team. You don't have to pick exactly what Coach recommends, but it's a good place to go to get some ideas.
As a bit of a followup to that here's a great Khorne Daemons guide, since they're the only team that BBtactics doesn't have a guide for.

Edit: Derp, forgot to actually include the link. :P
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:37:56 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 07, 2014, 06:29:32 pm »

Delta Foxtrot and I played our game, ending in a 2-0 victory for the elves. Delta got lots of good hits in , and broke armor plenty of times, but he was unable to actually get any casualties. Any KOs inflicted were tended to by the pair of babes I got for inducements, and I played the whole game with pretty much a full roster -- hard to win against elves when they manage that.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:26 pm »

So, with the next week started I decided to get around to spending the cash and level ups I got, I spent all my money on a reroll. (Although I almost wanted to get a apothecary or another skink, but I figured I needed a reroll more then I needed 11 players on the pitch most of the time.) Then to level up  my big guy. I'm not sure what to take. A page ago some people mentioned guard and break tackle, both of which are on this list of things my guy can do. I don't like the look of the other ones (specially the green one, juggernaut, since I don't like to blitz with my big lizard.) So I guess I should take one of them? Guard looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I need it since my dudes are so much stronger then everyone (except the treemen) anyway. Break tackle looks cool too though. Any advice?

Always a tough call, and rather depends on what you want to use him for. If you want a reliable tackle zone to pivot a play around or tie up opponent players, Stand Firm means he won't get shifted from wherever you put him. If you find that he's never in the play since he gets tied up by chump linemen and left behind by the rest of the lizards, Break Tackle really helps with putting that TZ where you need it, when you need it.

For me though, Guard is gold. It's easy to think you don't need a lot of Guard since you have so much ST, but remember that your Sauri are going to use their first skill ups to take Block and Break Tackle while other teams will be using it to take Guard, which minimizes your ST advantage; Guard on the Krox is not something that is easy for opponents to take out of a play, which makes it really hard to overcome the ST of the Sauri, and it also gives you a bit more freedom to take specialized skills on the Sauri like Mighty Blow or Tackle instead of Guarding it up right away.

tl;dr I don't play much Lizardman, and when I do I don't play them particularly well, but I can honestly say I've never ever regretted taking Guard on a player.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 13, 2014, 12:35:39 am »

Well it is Friday so the Main League is advancing! All un-played games have been set at a 0-0 draw.

Week Five Matchups are:
Luke_Prowler - Ripsaw's Raiders vs Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk
Raddish - Knives in the Darkness vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
lijacote - Struggling People vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
monk12 - Monk's Morons vs Kanil -  Shimmering Dragons

I'll be advancing the league again next Friday (9/19) night or Saturday morning.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 5 - TT S3, W3
« Reply #1570 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:07 pm »

Game against other players was finished. I got pretty crushed, 2-1 with his win.

I received the ball first and managed to get a relatively speedy goal. But after that he got the ball and just wrecked me. It was a really slow grind in the second part of the first half, but he eventually managed to out bash me and get a goal (and send one of my skinks outa the game.) There was only a single turn each until the next half when the third drive started. He ran all his dudes back like normal in these situations, I knocked down his three token guys, and then made the HUGE mistake of sending a single lizardman in to attack a random person just within blitz range. After a both down and a eight man foul I was down a lizardman, and probably down a chance of victory. Without the ability to fully block his dudes with my lines if lizardmen I couldn't stop him from just running around and past me in the second half, and soon it was just a matter of him standing his ball carrier on the edge the touch down zone running the clock and playing hunt the skink as my dudes floundered against superior numbers in the middle. Final tally was a skink with a crushed knee and a dead skink.

It might be a good thing that I forgot to save my buying of a reroll before, because now it looks like I'll need to be spending that money on skinks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 14, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

I will say that the end of the first half was very tense for me. If I hadn't of managed to knock that skink down on turn 8 (or if the ball had of bounced badly) it could have very easily ended up being a 1-1 tie instead of a win for me. Of course the end of the second half looked more like something out of the three stooges, with my players doing something like 4 failed passes in a row, eventually only managing to score the TD because each time I did a pass I'd run a few squares farther forwards for the next throw.: :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 16, 2014, 01:03:15 am »

Orcs v Necromancer match ended in a 1-1. Orcs were plagued with bad rolls, ending the match with 3 KO's and 2 casualties while necro team only suffered 2 KO's and 1 casualty.
Orcs got some Nuffle blessed rolls early that allowed them to score, but they paid for it with several double skulls as the game went on. I got a bit too rash with my werewolves and played much of the game with less than two wolves on the pitch. A far flung wight managed to even the score during the 2nd half while most of the orc team was tied down by some zombies and golems.

Fun match, rather more punchy than the last billion elf teams I've had to fight.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »

Monk's Morons 0 - 3 Shimmering Dragons

The Morons had some initial success in batting away the elves, but even a ST5 ballcarrier will cough up the ball if you hit him enough, two dice against or no. The Morons never got the ball more than a few squares into the Elven half of the pitch, and their only legit chance to score came on a TTM attempt to end the first half (the throw was fumbled, though.) Charles Gobat the Blodgy DT Snot was able to slow down the Elven attack for a while, but after he went out BH the Ogres just couldn't find a way to stop the Elves.

On the plus side, they didn't need to replace a snot for once, and another Ogre hit level 3 to bring some added Guard to the pitch. A disappointing showing after the upset they turned in against the defending champion Khemri last week, but perhaps not an unexpected loss considering they were up against the first ranked team in the league. If the Morons want to show they can hang with the big boys in this league, they'll need to stand tall against lijacote's #2 ranked Struggling People.

Speaking, of lijacote...

Monk's Mountebanks 3 - 1 Red Thought

The Khorne got into a deep hole early in the match as the Skaven lit into their ranks with rabid ferocity, sending 3 players to the CAS box and killing 2 Pit Fighters (one of them got better, though.) It seemed the Mountebanks were ready to run away with it, but a failed dodge kept them from widening the lead before halftime, and then the Rat Ogre rolled double skulls early in the second half, opening a huge hole for the Khorne offensive. Before long the score was tied 1-1, with a riot uncomfortably narrowing the time remaining. Fortunately, high octane offense is the hallmark of Skaven play, and they managed to score without unduly exposing their players. The third TD was the result of a lucky kick putting the ball on the LoS, and a failed pickup on the Khorne side of things.

A solid game all around; the lineman who notched a kill won the MVP, so he'll level up along with the rookie Gutter Runner who notched a pair of TDs. Next week, a tough matchup against a strong team with the speed to keep up with the Skaven. It doesn't help my career win % against Lizardmen is pretty bad, but I feel pretty good about the direction of this Skaven squad.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 17, 2014, 12:11:58 am »

Match Validated and the training league has advanced!

Week Four Match-ups are:
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers
Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks
lijacote - Red Thought vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas

Try to get all matches done by Friday of next week if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 149