Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261224 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 2 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1545 on: August 24, 2014, 12:41:13 pm »

I'm here, I'm here. For the next hour at least.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 24, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

Alright, I'm on blood bowl right now

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 24, 2014, 02:00:07 pm »

Vidyagamsk vs Knives in the Darkness
1-1

A very tense match. By turn 2/2 one flesh golem was in the casualty box and two dark elves were KO'd. Dark elves did a few more KO's as the match went on, but Vidyagamsk's superb bashing managed many more, and badly hurt a few elves in the process. One of the two werewolves managed a touch down at the end of the first half. Second half had KitD even the score but due to it's early timing, there were a few close calls for both teams as the ball switched owners several times.
MVP's went to a line-elf and a zombie (twice in a row!! and not even the same one!!! Gah!!!!).

Very exciting match, just the kind I like in BB.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:27 pm »

Ripsaw's raiders vs lijacote's Chaos team, the Struggling People

To quote the game itself, someone opened a slap box and give out generously. A very mirror match, between the black orcs and orc blitzers vs the chaos warriors and beastmen there was never a turn when someone wasn't punching someone else.

The game went 0 v 1, in my lost. I was unable to keep the ball down in the first half, and in the second I failed to tie it up because of a failed attempt to hand off the ball, and after recovering the ball I get knocked down again and was unable to get the ball back in the hands, my thrower (which for those that don't know an Orc thrower have sure hands) managing to pass two GFIs and then failing to pick up the ball and then a blitzer would could have gotten it in one GFI and just unable to pick it up on a 3+. Sad. But an exhilarating game none the less

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 3 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1549 on: August 25, 2014, 10:00:45 am »

The one night I don't check everyone plays their matches, xp. The main league has been advanced and its REMATCH WEEK!!! That's right, everyone who lost last week, now's your chance to get some good face pummeling action and stomp your enemy into the pitch as revenge for last week! I'll advance the league next Tuesday because I like Tuesday better than Monday and tradition and whatnot, :p

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 25, 2014, 10:39:16 am »

Scaly and Lazy vs Red Thought
 1-1 tie

It was a grueling grind with tons of turn overs on both sides. The first drive went quite well for me (despite butter fingers skink failing two pickups in a row), ending with my touch down in I think about five turns. After that though no one had any rerolls, and despite me getting a free turn at the start of the next drive my terrible management of my dudes and his frenzy made it so I was unable to get a second one. Ending the half at 1-0. The second half I actually misplaced a linelizard and was going to probably quickly get screwed because of it, but then the perfect defense event was rolled, allowing me to position my guys into a aggressive posture to match his starting position, almost in fact said perfect defense. Unfortunately he still managed to push in my right flank, and that turned into a whole mess of punching ranging about 75% of the way up and down the pitch. The ball eventually got into the crowds and thrown to his guys in the middle of the pitch where there was some light fighting. Despite it landing quite close to him I was able to punch his guys away from the ball for long enough for a skink to pick it up and run off with it. Once again though I sorta didn't set up my guys really well, and he put a bunch of pit fighters into my skink cage and got the ball. Although my lizards managed to respond it looked like it would be too late and he would be able to get the ball out to his demons, until a heroic skink forced a both down in a solo fight against a pit fighter. With two turns left in the game and only a few meters away from his own end zone and surrounded by lizardmen the pit fighter with the ball made like a elf with a heroic dodge out, hoping to throw a very long pass to another pit fighter who could throw it to another pit fighter who could get a goal. He fumbled his throw and dropped it next to himself. Leaving me with the leisurely job of walking over a lizardman to punch him away and a few skinks to pick it up and walk it in. Except I didn't bother sending both lizardmen, and the first one rolled double red skulls. A series of heroic passes later and the score was tied up and the game was (for most purposes, I technically had a single turn left in the fourth drive) over.

All in all despite this clash of the bash no one actually got a permanent injury, each team only got a single red cross, surprisingly mine was on a lizardman, apparently frenzy double (or even triple) dice don't matter when your skinks throw nothing but red skulls anyway. I got very few spp, with red thought getting a few more from his passing. Still, the one time I did send a guy down it was with my big guy, who has now leveled up. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I can't help but love him for his actions in the first game, but I've realized that rerolls cost double if you buy them after team creation and I really really need more rerolls. Also five strength seems to be pretty much as good four strength most of the time. His tails saved me a time or two, but in this game loner actually ate both my rerolls in the second half, which I probably would have scored with if I wasn't stupid enough to have used them on him. If I could have seven basic lizardmen instead of six I think I might be happier, although I normally don't use all four skinks for important things in a turn anyway, so I'm not so sure about a fifth.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 25, 2014, 11:56:40 am »

Sounds like a good match!

I'm a defender of the Kroxigor; high ST across the board is the one thing Lizards have going for them, so the more the merrier! He's better as a road block though, and if he can do his job without moving or blocking then even better; once he has Guard and Break Tackle then park him where you want him and don't worry about him. In the meantime, think long and hard about whether the loss of his TZ is really worth a reroll, and if so, why isn't a Lizard doing the job instead.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 25, 2014, 03:12:34 pm »

... everyone who lost last week, now's your chance to get some good face pummeling action and stomp your enemy into the pitch as revenge...

... yikes.

I agree with monk on the Kroxigor. Guard and prehensile tail work just as well whether he moves or not, so ideally you just plop him somewhere useful and stop touching him. 'course, sometimes you have to use him for stuff, but the fewer bonehead rolls you make, the better off you'll be.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 26, 2014, 05:54:41 am »

Another game done last night.  I got a win  :D

Also my MVP was killed on the last turn, so blood bowl wants me to know I will always be her bitch.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 3 - 0  Da Green Thwack'rs

The bad luck stated early for Da Green Thwack'rs as rocks hurled from the stands stunned a Gutter Runner but concussed an Orc Blitzer on their opening drive. Four turns in there were four Orcs in the CAS box, and by halftime they could only field 6 players. The Skaven suffered few casualties comparatively, only losing their two journeymen, with a regular Linerat catching -AG. With that kind of man advantage, the rats could run wherever they liked all game, and they did.

Plenty of SPP to go around (levelups for the Rat Ogre, Thrower and a Gutter Runner) and a nice chunk of change in winnings to possibly buy some depth before the Red Thought Rematch. A good start for the Skaven.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 30, 2014, 06:19:05 pm »

Monk's Morons 0 - 2 The Daemoning!

Another fairly solid win for The Daemoning. The Morons used their extra gold to pick up a bloodweiser babe (who was remarkably ineffective) and a bomber star player (who scared the pants off me, taking him down literally became my #1 priority C:-)). The Daemons managed to kick it almost to the very corner of the field, and the Morons wasted a couple of rerolls in their attempts to pick up the ball, when the first clump of bad luck struck. Overall the Morons didn't have very bad luck statistically, but what really did them in was the fact that said bad luck happened in very concentrated clumps. Three turns would go by without any real problems, only for the fourth to contain a forced reroll block, 2 failed knockdowns, 2 boneheads, and then a self-knockdown. In this case the result was that the ball carrying ogre was left standing out all on his lonesome staring at the Bloodthirster, who promptly injured him enough he misses the next game, letting a nearby Pit fighter grab the ball and securing a touchdown in the first half.

By the second half the removal of the snotlings by the two tackle PF's, and the removal of the ogres by the BT was beginning to show. There was one scary moment where I missed a snotling behind the BT resulting in him stunning himself in the middle of several ogres and snots, but the rest of the team was able to valiantly come to his rescue long enough for him to get back on his feet. After several grinding turns of pushing their way down the field, the Khorne Herald with the ball blitzed one of the remaining ogres out of the way, freeing a clear path to the endzone and allowing him to break free to safety (and giving him a level up, meaning I now have 4 players with guard on my team).

With 2 ogres out of the next game (his +AGI out with a broken arm, and his piling on guy out with -AV) Monk's going to have a tough time up against the Mummies next week, but hey, at least he can get Morg'n'Thorg now. :P

It's nice to see my team finally being developed enough to begin to take off with Tackle and Guard, but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to begin fueling my money towards. I know that I'd like to pick up another PF to deepen my bench just a tad, but I'm also possibly considering grabbing a 5th reroll. Now 5 rerolls would be unthinkable on most teams (even 4 is a lot on many), but with the number of blocks I've been throwing I've been finding myself easily using 4, or even 5 rerolls in a half. Alternatively I could pick up leader on one of my players, but my kicker luckily/unluckily managed to roll a doubles for his second roll, grabbing him Guard on a team that really needs those block supporters in the thick of things.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 30, 2014, 06:41:35 pm »

That bomber threw one bomb all match; a good bomb that KO'd a Khorne Herald and knocked down the Bloodthirster, but the part of the plan that involved him throwing more bombs (or serving as a good distraction while the Ogres bashed upfield) hit the snag of failed pickups and inopportune boneheads that plague the Morons (or, really, any Ogre team.) Not having my designated ballcarrier for my first tilt with the defending champs is rough, but as i2amroy mentioned, at least I'll have plenty of Inducements!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 31, 2014, 06:38:48 am »

Since it worked last time: lijacote, when you have the time to play, respond here (or PM me)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 02, 2014, 04:38:44 am »

The next BILLION hours will be good for me, starting at the next hour. Turns out some people celebrate the start of the new semester, so the scheduled courses will not be quite... held.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:38 am »

Alright, I'm on right now

Edit: Er, give me a moment, the game is having a fit

Edit Again: Now I'm good
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:38:58 am by Luke_Prowler »