Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261233 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 1 - TT S3 Signup
« Reply #1530 on: August 18, 2014, 07:50:41 pm »

Whoo. I'm looking forward to our match i2amroy. My name on steam is criptfeind, I think I've found the right you. Should I send a friend request so we can get into contact about when to play?

Also 4 rerolls, a bunch of blockers, and the girls will clearly outrun my lizards. This will be interesting. By which I mean I assume none of my skinks shall live. But eh, that's what they are there for!

As far as finding the right people goes, I believe most or all of us that are on steam are in the group called B12 Bloodbowl, so if you join the group we'll all be connected!(:

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 18, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »

Ah, Sorry, that is what I meant, with the dodging. I expect he won't be going toe to toe with me, and I feel like lizardmen can't stop his amazons from just walking away. On the other hand, I have no idea what will happen. Sorry.

Ah, right. The extra skills on the amazons give them a bit of an edge, but with no guard, your ST4 guys will wall well, and take a concentrated effort to knock down. There could be quite a bit of scoring, as both sides will struggle to knock down all the dodgy folks.

Still, show some confidence! :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 18, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

Whoo. I'm looking forward to our match i2amroy. My name on steam is criptfeind, I think I've found the right you. Should I send a friend request so we can get into contact about when to play?
That's me all right. :P Feel free to send a friend request since it makes chatting easier. If you can't get in touch with me over steam to hash things out (since I occasionally go for a few days without logging in) you can always feel free to send me a message through the Bay12 forum personal messages system and I usually will respond pretty quickly.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 1 - TT S3, W1
« Reply #1533 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:19 pm »

My Mummie's Mummies 2-0 The Daemoning!

This game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Strong early play by the bloodthirster, an active wizard, and good positioning early on resulted in a double BH tomb guardian (who always seems to get injured when I play Otherplayers) and another tomb guardian in the box KO'd. luckily for me though, my Khemri understand how to throw and catch a ball. Well, two of them do at least. They succeeded a 4+ throw on turn 5 to go up 1-0. The rest of the half was fairly uneventful until turn 8 where the Khemri decided to have a bash fest. One thro-ra smashed the guard pit fighter into the dirt and killed him! Otherplayers used an apothecary but his only suggested treatment was amputation. At the neck. A skeleton then threw a two man foul on the bloodthirster and fractured his collar bone. The apothecary was then called upon again (Otherplayers brought a spare one along) and he decided that once again the only treatment for the smashed collar bone was amputation. At the neck. Luckily for Otherplayers, the bloodthirster decided his collar bone was fine and regenerated the injury.
The second half started out with a promising position for Otherplayers but a lucky double GFI single die block knocked down the ball carrier and the Daemons never saw it for the rest of the game. The rest of the second half resulted in some more badly hurt Skeletons and a few KO's. The Khemri stalled scoring until turn 16. The Daemon wizard nearly threw a wrench in their plan, but the Thro-ra carrying the ball managed to dodge the lightning bolt (maybe he was wearing rubber shoes or something) and score safely on turn 16. GG Otherplayers.

Week 2 is upon us and matchups are:
Delta Foxtrot - Vidyagamsk vs Raddish - Knives in the Darkness
Luke_Prowler - Ripsaw's Raiders vs lijacote - Struggling People
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs monk12 - Monk's Morons
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs Kanil -  Shimmering Dragons

As always, I'll be advancing the league next tuesday.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 1 - TT S3, W1
« Reply #1534 on: August 19, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »

Curse you apothecaries! I brought along an extra one because I hoped you would save my guys, not because I wanted to have another shot at killing them! >:(
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 2 - TT S3, W1
« Reply #1535 on: August 20, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »

You know how a picture is worth a thousand words?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:38 pm »

That's kind of impressive, really. Did he end up clearing the pitch?

My elves outbashed Slaya's khemri in our game, but certainly not to that level...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »

2 snots survived the onslaught, so he didn't get the coveted pitch clear. He might have if he'd dedicated some time to fouling snots, though, as he had some turns to work with there.

I only just noticed that Week 3 is a rematch of Week 2; I'm spoiling for a fight now, even if I am down an Ogre!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 20, 2014, 06:20:39 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 3 - 0 The Slippery Slammers

Despite their best efforts the amazons couldn't really accomplish much against the lizardmen. Placing a Saurus every other square across the entire field ensured that it was virtually impossible for the amazons to even get a 1 die block, I think I threw less blocks then I had turns in the course of the whole game. Add into that the fact that Scaly and Lazy was throwing defender downs left and right, and the ending was fairly inevitable. Only two amazons seriously hurt, one with -1 armor (because 6 armor on a lineman makes her so useful now :-\) and the other with a mass next game. Hopefully I can get enough SPP to level up at least a few amazons or I'm gonna be in trouble come week 3.

And to add insult to injury the last TD was scored by the Kroxigor of all things. :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »

Kroc'inz today is the hero to all big clumsy lizards everywhere. It was absolutely amazing. Three amazons marking him four squares away from the goal, all he had was a lizardman and a few skinks. Boom a block from the lizardman shuts down one amazon. Another lizardman blitzs in and pushes a amazon into Kroc'inz and away from the third. And then the skinks. Those heroes. Team up and take down the one who got pushed. Opening the way for Kroc'inz to make a heroic end to the first game of the season.

Also I notice my mvp lizard man has got 7 SPP. I'm not totally sure how to level him up in multiplayer. But with block on him undoubtedly he is going to be my star next game.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:38:40 pm by Criptfeind »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »

You have to wait for the league manager (THE_SLAYA) to validate your game, then you can level up your players/spend money earned/etc from the team management page, which is pretty straightforward.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 20, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »

All matches validated!(:

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 22, 2014, 12:59:07 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 1 - 1 Red Thought

The Mountebanks elected to receive, but the Khorne were having none of it, Blitzing into the Skaven backfield as soon as the ball was in the air. The Skaven had a hard time maneuvering around the Khorne, and this problem was exacerbated when the Thrower failed to pick up the ball. Red Thoughts frenzied across the pitch, sending Skaven flying left and right; the Apothecary had his hands full, and he was too busy patching up a Gutter Runner to be able to heal any other Mountebanks as they streamed in to the CAS Box. This ultimately denied the services of a linerat, a Blitzer, the other Gutter Runner, and the Rat Ogre for the second half. The Skaven did not yield quickly, snatching up loose balls and stalling as well as they could, but ultimately their fierce scratchings were proven futile as Red Thought ran in the TD to end the first half.

Red Thought lined up to receive the second half kickoff with a three man advantage, but that went out the window as their frenzied fans invaded the pitch, throwing punches with abandon. The Khorne found themselves still having an extra man compared to the Skaven, but that didn't help much since they couldn't form a proper cage. The Gutter Runner and the Blitzer surged forward to mark their target, but the linerat in range for the actual blitz rolled double Both Downs, and rerolled into double skull. Fortune changed swiftly on the pitch today, however, as the Khorne play started with a Pit Fighter throwing double Both Downs and rerolling into the same, KOing himself and the Skaven who was so determined to drag him to the dugout. This time the linerat knocked down the ballcarrier, and the waiting Skaven Blitzer scooped it up and ran it in for the TD.

With 5 turns left in the game, the Khorne got ready to try again; this time, however, the Skaven were only down one rat as their KOs returned and the sleepy Pit Fighters stayed down. No sooner was the ball in the air than the Skaven roared out their answering Blitz, taking away the easy Khorne blocks and getting a Blitzer, Gutter Runner and Linerat onto the opposition's side of the field, leaving the Khorne in something of a pickle as the ball came to a rest in the middle of their endzone. Red Thought leveraged their extra player well, clearing off the Line of Scrimmage, knocking down the dangerous Gutter Runner and tying up the invading Skaven, but they proceeded to fail the pickup, kicking the ball into the crowd and watching helplessly as it was thrown towards the Skaven-mobbed wing. Gripped with the fever that fills all Skaven when they sense a ball in the open, they bit and clawed a half cage downfield to protect the Gutter Runner who scooped up the ball, while the other linerats kept tying up the remaining Pit Fighters. The would-be Khorne Ballcarrier redeemed himself by throwing double Defender Downs on his blitz, snagging the ball and making a fine mess of things. From there, there was a great deal of desperate dodges, careful blocks, the ball passing from Khorne possession to Skaven and back again, the ball inching ever closer to the Khorne endzone. The Skaven's last, best chance at the win failed when the Skaven Blitzer had the ball, blitzed a marker away from him, but failed the dodge that would have ended with him in the endzone. The Khorne suffered a turnover before getting a player in scoring position, however, so all that was left was to watch a wildly improbable pass play from the Gutter Runner get much closer to succeeding than it had any right to before a scatter launch left the ball at the feet of the waiting Blitzer.

tl;dr  This was one of those games where terribly bad luck was balanced by absurdly good luck in even measure for both teams. Both squads had a chance to win outright at several points in the game, but everything averaged out to a respectable 1-1 draw. A Khorne demon caught MVP (I forget if he's the one who had multiple CAS) while the Rat Ogre got it for the Skaven. No permanent injuries for the rats this time out, though they'll be without a Blitzer against the orcs next week. I regret taking the Thrower instead of an extra Gutter Runner, as those Sure Hands did me zero good, but with money in the bank the Mountebanks are still on the path to success.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:16 pm »

Da Green Thwack'rs 0-0 Slaya's Sauteyas

I don't even know how to describe this game. Both teams had fantastic block dice. The treemen each got a KO on their first hit of the game which helped to stop the orcs from scoring a defensive TD in the first half. The halflings never really got close to scoring themselves but did manage some fantastic plays such as a halfling thrown onto the ball carrier. The orcs on nearly scored on both turn 8 and 16. Their first score was stopped by a failed GFI on turn 7 ensuring that no orcs could reach the endzone on the final turn of the half while on turn 16 the orc thrower failed to properly pass the ball stopping the game winning TD.

Week Two has begun and matchups are:
Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks
i2amroy - The Slippery Slammers vs THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Sauteyas
Criptfeind - Scaly and Lazy vs lijacote - Red Thought

I'll advance the league in two weeks or whenever all the games have been played.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 10, Week 2 - TT S3, W2
« Reply #1544 on: August 24, 2014, 12:25:19 pm »

Lijacote, if you're there, if you can give me a time (like, "in an hour" or something) when you're free to play then we can finish this off today.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 149