Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261300 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 6 - TT S2, W5
« Reply #1395 on: April 04, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »

I didn't do myself any favors by letting you maul my snotlings, though. If you let your opponent exploit your weakness, you tend to lose.

On the bright side, there's a rematch! We'll get you.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 07, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »

Well in the training league match between ndkid and I, my slashing slayas conceded their first touchdowns of the season losing 2-1. This was easily the unluckiest game (for both coaches) I've seen in a long time. The game came down to a few failed GFIs, catches, and pick-up rolls for me on the final drive to tie the game.

All matches that have been played so far have been validated.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »

Monk's Meanies 1 - 1 The Other Kittens

Nothing too terrible exciting from this match; the Nurgle beat their way through the Dark Elf defense pretty handily and held them off to end the opening half with the help of a riot, and then the Dark Elves screened their way to a TD in the second half. The final Kitten drive got to midfield, and the ball popped loose in the ensuing scrum; on the last turn of the game a rookie Rotter managed to intercept the Meanie pass, preventing an otherwise probable TD, but then he was unable to pull off the long bomb for the win (though he did make two more dodges than I had expected.)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 11, 2014, 01:21:40 am »

All games Validated and training league has advanced, next weeks matchups are:

Otherplayers v Monk
Kanil v ndkid
THE_SLAYA v Fikes

As far as the main league goes, I will be advancing it on tuesday afternoon unless the final game is played before then or the two players let me know when they have the game scheduled.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 6 - TT S2, W6
« Reply #1399 on: April 13, 2014, 02:45:39 pm »

ank and I have played our game in the main league, allowing the week to be advanced. The result was a 1-1 draw.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 7 - TT S2, W6
« Reply #1400 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:56 pm »

match validated and main league advanced next week's matchups are:

THE_SLAYA v Ank
Kanil v Monk
ndkid v Otherplayers

In other news, the rodantors and the slashing slayas played their training league match ending in a 2-2 draw. The Rodantors managed to successfully use an agi potion on each of the gutter runners giving them both 5 AGI. On the first turn my minotaur decided to relieve the rodantors of their -AV lineman permanently. The game was close being mostly decided by failed catch rolls (including three straight 1's by my beastmen as part of 6 failed pick-ups/catches in 7 tries) allowing the rodantors to get an easy grab for their second TD. I did manage to kill another lineman later on in the game, but he was apothecaried to badly hurt. The slashing slayas managed to tie the game on turn 16 after a few failed dodges by lineman and a successful hand-off by the beastmen.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 17, 2014, 02:13:20 pm »

Monk and I played our game, ending 2-1 in his favor.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 17, 2014, 02:27:51 pm »

Horkon Heartrender may not have rent many hearts, but he did manage a few important stuns and soaked up a lot of attention before fracturing his leg, so he was probably worth his pay. It appears that George Metesky- the Assassin already on payroll- took Heartrender's presence as something of a personal insult since he managed a few KOs with his stabs and his Shadowing of that ST4 can opener succeeded in tripping him at the knee, knocking the skaven skallawag out of both this game and the next. Stabbing knives worked better than claws and boots, this game (or at least the first half.)

The game was pretty close right up until the end, and it required a long pass from the AG5 Witch Elf past an interception-failing skaven into the arms of Nerves of Steel Runner to score the leading TD as time expired. A thoroughly enjoyable match, as usual, and fortunately I escaped without any dead or maimed Elves! Hopefully Adolf Blitzer rolls something exciting on his levelup...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 17, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »

Match validated

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 21, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

ndkid and I have played our TT match, ending 1-1.

An absurd first four turns for the Ogres saw them use 0 rerolls, while depitching half the elves. Despite this, they ogre'd pretty hard in the second half, and ndkid got his elfiness together and managed to both score, and successfully defend with about 6 elves.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 21, 2014, 03:54:26 pm »

Match validated

In other news, ank and I played our main league game ending in a 2-1 win for me. The first half saw an amazing 2 TDs by a single khemri player after some dodges, successful hand-offs, failed pick-ups and a blitz after the first TD. The second half brought about the deathroller who managed to injure my 0SPP tomb guardian with both a pinched nerve (-1AV) and a broken arm? (-1STR) but luckily the tomb guardian regenerated those injuries. He was however hurt with a MNG and badly hurt later on. A wizard managed to break a blockers neck later on in the game but in all honesty, whats the difference between 2 and 1 agi, xD

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 03, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »

Both leagues have been advanced with the remaining games set to 0-0 draws.

Next weeks matchups are

MAIN LEAGUE:

Monk's Meanies V The Other Kittens
Kobb's Khorne V My Mummie's Mummies
Skitterscamps V Bay 12 Breakers

TRAINING LEAGUE:

Rodnators V Monk's Morons
Slashing Slayas V Ill-timed Boners
Real Deal V The Daemoning

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 09, 2014, 11:47:44 pm »

Kobb's Khorne 0-1 My Mummie's Mummie's

This game saw a massive cluster of punches thrown at the beginning with very little actually getting done. The Khemri did manage to break away with their thro-ras and the agi 3 skeleton on turn 5 to prepare for the TD. After a botched catch of the AGI 3 skeleton the chaos had an opportunity to steal the ball. unfortunately for them they failed their pick-up roll though and the ball bounced off the field and a few squares away from my endzone and my thro-ra. He promptly ran over and grabbed the ball and threw it to the skeleton who was standing in the endzone for the only TD of the game.

The second half saw a lot more bashing this time KOing a pair of tomb guardians and a thro-ra. ndkid nearly got the tying TD but the remaining thro-ra knocked him over with a valiant effort and the ball was promptly surrounded by the remaining Khemri. Overall nuffle favored me a little over ndkid.

This win puts me in a position to be tied for first if both monk and ank lose their matches this week, GO dodgy Khemri!!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 12, 2014, 02:35:47 pm »

ank and I played our game, ending in a 1-0 win for the dwarves on a T16 touchdown.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 8 - TT S2, W7
« Reply #1409 on: May 12, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »

I'm getting a machine that can run this game in two or three weeks so I hope you can weather a few questions. I can't seem to find a non-tourney blood bowl thread so I'll be posting here.

Why not the PWYB subforum?
But seriously. Are there any particularly over- or underpowered teams I should avoid? I've been mostly hearing about how awful the halflings are.
Is there a limit of single race/team per league? Or can I pick a human team even if someone else is already playing humans (assuming I'll join you guys in the future)?
I got Chaos edition on sale a while ago, but I assume some of you are playing with Legendary edition and thus any tourneys here won't be using the whatsitcalled special settings available only in Chaos edition?
I've been watching a few vids by TotalBisquit. Seems like a fun game. How long do these tourneys usually take and how far along are you with the current one (ie. when can I expect the next one to start)?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 149