Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261312 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 5 - TT S2, W4
« Reply #1380 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »

Hopefully I can manage a draw next match.

Do you honestly expect a game between two ogre teams to feature a touchdown?

(Also, match validated.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 07, 2014, 12:32:12 am »

I said "manage a draw," not "score a touchdown" :D

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 08, 2014, 06:03:23 pm »

Ill-Timed Boners  2 - 0 The Daemoning!

All I have to say is luckiest. ogres. ever. :P I only saw 2 failed boneheads in the whole game, less than 1/4th the amount there should have been, and despite all of my guys having 3 agi I still managed to fail more pickups then Kanil did. My many loners also screwed over my team development wise as well, taking 16 SPP with them when they left. The worst part? I earned enough winnings to be able to purchase the one loner who actually leveled up, but the game refused to give them to me until after the "purchase loners" screen. :(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 08, 2014, 09:09:00 pm »

Well, the bit with the loners is actually Rules As Written; dumb rules, yes, but that one's a fault with Blood Bowl and not Cyanide, for a change.

Also DAMMIT now I'm the worst Ogre team. The Morons better get their shit together for the Titchy Bowl!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 08, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »

As i2amroy notes, that was a pretty fraudulent game.

It was pretty bloody, too. Neither team had a bench, and the first 7 turns saw 7 casualties and one ejection. I ended up with just 3 ogres on the pitch at the end, and the khorne only had four guys themselves.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 28, 2014, 06:29:30 pm »

Any news on either of the two unplayed games? Its been nearly a month for the training league and god knows how long in the real league, xp. I miss bloodbowl, xp

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 28, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »

I could replace in, if needed.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 29, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »

I know one of the games is just because they haven't communicated since its my brother's game, as for the training league game, I'm unsure.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 29, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »

I've handed off management duties of the league to THE_SLAYA. He's now in charge of everything. My apologies for basically giving up on the job.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 29, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

Like Kanil said, I'll be managing the league from now until you guys kick me out as manager or I get tired of it, xp. I'm going to give the last game in each league until Tuesday to be played, if you can't schedule the next game before that let me know when you have it scheduled and I'll move the time frame. Looking forward to finishing out this season strong and I'll be seeing you all in Bloodbowl shortly!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 01, 2014, 07:53:21 pm »

Both leagues advanced as none of the four teams have made contact with me as to any plans for their matches, both games set to 0-0 draws. Next week's matchups for the normal league are:

Otherplayers V Monk
THE_SLAYA V ndkid
Kanil V Ank

And training league matchups are:
Kanil V Monk (should be a funny matchup)
Fikes V Otherplayers
THE_SLAYA V ndkid

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 03, 2014, 12:02:01 am »

Main league match between me and ndkid ends 1-0 my favor.

Not much to say about this one except that nobody got hurt... literally. NOBODY! three KO's inflicted throughout the entire game. As the first half neared its close, my thro-ra almost managed to score, but nuffle made him trip and stun himself. The second half was the same as the first half with a lot of falling down and standing back up but I managed to stop ndkid's scoring run and get the ball with five turns left to cross the field. on turn 16 my skeleton managed to get the ball into the endzone without failing his GFI! Overall, only 13 SPP for both teams.. the scoring skeleton does have guard, block, and now 4 STR!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 6 - TT S2, W5
« Reply #1392 on: April 03, 2014, 01:26:47 am »

A +ST/guard skele, huh? Almost like a little tomb guardian...

I've updated the OP to reflect various things, and it should be correct. Most importantly is that daylight savings time happened, so everyone has new timezones (except for those of us who don't.)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 03, 2014, 06:15:41 pm »

indeed he is, but with bonus move, block, and for only half the cost! xD thanks for updating all that Kanil!(:

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 04, 2014, 08:15:59 pm »

Monk's Morons defeats Ill-Timed Boners 2-0

It was about what you'd expect from an Ogre mirror match (equal TVs, even!) by which I mean it was a bunch of madcap hijinks where careful positioning was foiled by bonehead blitzes, shattered snotlings, and in Kanil's case an injured Ogre. Probably the single deciding factor was the Morons' deeper bench, as they were able to field a full team of snots in the second half while the Boners were down to a couple loners who were brutally targeted and eliminated.

The win swells the Morons' coffers and also gives them a level 2 Snotling, who scored the second TD by smashing the opposing ballcarrying snot into the dirt, snatching the ball, and outdistancing the opposition as the pursuing Ogres tripped over their own feet. One of my Ogres caught MVP too, though I forget if he levels as a result (I don't think so.) All in all, a fun match and a needed boost in the Morons' quest to be the Not Worst Ogre Team!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 149