Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 260971 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 4
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:39 am »

damn, another bye this week :(

hope it moves along quick.

If Sowelu is up for it, i'm ready for a game against him!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »

Yeah, sorry about that. I read the schedule wrong. For some reason group two plays back-to-back games to end the season off.

Hopefully you can play Sowelu, if he shows up.

Sowelu, let me know how that's going. I'm not entirely sure what the process is, so if you tried something and it didn't work, let me know! I know it's possible, though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2012, 06:47:02 pm »

Right now the process is "How DARE you set up your wireless on the same channel as me, neighbor!  There may only be thirty of us and like twelve channels or something, but I'm sure you'll think of something else".  Also the process is "We need you to stay late at work and fix bugs".

I'm going to try and make myself available sometime over the weekend.  I'll update when I have some kind of schedule worked out.  Assume for the time being that I will get it working this week, perhaps, maybe~ <3
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2012, 11:21:15 am »

Kanil - Self Inflicted versus AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard

The Royal Guard ties Self Inflicted 1-1 after much cursing and swearing on my part.

All first half my Ogres had the most ridiculous time trying to do anything. Boneheads all over the place, two of which canceled blitzes, one of those blitzes which cost me a touchdown. When they didn't bonehead, they gave out gentle love taps to Kanil's thralls, rarely breaking armor, despite mighty blow going against AV 7.

The first half was finally put to rest when a snotling made a heroic last-ditch effort to recover from the failed ogre score blitz the turn before: three dodges, picking up the ball under a TZ, then just one GFI to score... he fell on the GFI.

Things picked up in the second with two deaths on Kanil's thralls (one, thankfully for Kanil, a loner) and with Kanils vampires (who during the 1st had suffered only one bloodlust) suddenly turning on their teammates and sucking them dry.

Kanil played well, making excellent use of his vampire's hypnotic vision and taking full advantage of the fact that snotlings don't give tackle zone penalties for dodging (the most memorable being the vampire who, when surrounded by snotlings, just casually walked past them to get a touchdown.)

My sincere apologies for whining all first half; my only excuse being that it's really disheartening seeing turn after turn go by with four ogres pounding away at skill-less thralls without inflicting more than a stun.

edit: Oh, one other play that was sorta funny - the ball was dropped on Kanil's goalline, as Kanil tried to dodge away from my ogres. It fell off the pitch, was thrown twice by the crowd, and ended up travelling very nearly all the way to my goalline. Only the fact that I happened to have some ogres in the area prevented me from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:33:50 am by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2012, 04:18:50 pm »

The game probably should have seen more than 2 touchdowns, both teams gave up good chances to score due to rolling 1s. AlStar's chances were a bit better than mine, which is concerning for me heading into our rematch. He dropped a couple of go-for-its -- pretty simple things, whereas I failed blood lusts, resulting in not having rerolls for later maneuvers requiring more tricky things like hypnotic stares, or passes. Still, a 3-2 result for either team wouldn't have been unreasonable.

Those snotlings are tricky. They don't make it harder to dodge around, but they do affect most everything else. You can walk around them, but you can't ignore them while passing/hypno staring/blocking/etc. It's definitely interesting, and sort of new -- I don't recall playing an ogre team before.

The best part of the match for me was rolling a 6 on my winnings, putting me back up to 11 players, including three vampires.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2012, 04:29:01 am »

Attempting to join the league gives me "applications are not accepted", probably because it has 8/8 teams.

The Featherhawks are quite content to kick your butts next season, however.  <3
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:34:17 am by Sowelu »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:59 am »

I wasn't sure if you could apply, even though the league was at it's team cap. I was hoping you could, and I could remove Xanatos Jr.'s team and immediately accept your application.

I have now removed Xanatos Jr.'s team from the league, if you could kindly reapply, there should be a slot for your team now. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: Application accepted. Best of luck in your remaining matches. I'm not sure why you didn't inherit the 3 points. Sorry. :(
Hopefully you can gather some SPPs for next season, and have a bit of fun though. And if you do go 3-0-0, I imagine you'd make the playoffs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:59:27 pm by Kanil »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

Glad to have an opponent for this week!

much more fun than free win!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2012, 05:54:15 am »

Game between me and Sowelu ended in a 1-1 draw.

Amazons won the coin toss and elected to recieve.
Amazingly they knock down both wardancers on the first turn.
They immediately set up a cage on the right side.

Elves close in on the cage, after some cassualties on both sides Amazons make a break for it, but they are intercepted by wardancers.

A wizard makes a casualty on a wardancer! miss next game.

elves take the ball and throws it to safety, and sit on the TD line for a turn before running it in.

The second half start well for the elves, with quick snap, they can now score in one turn.
but a flumbled catch due to rain, makes short work of that plan.
the Amazons quickly set up a cage around the ball, and after a lot of blood they get it.
The good wardancer is KILLED!
an amazon tries to GFI to make the TD but falls over.
the elves manages to get the ball, and almost throws it to safety again, but the +3 pass is fumbled.
Another wizard takes out a lineman, this time with reduced STR! totally useless lineman now.

more death as the amazons run in the TD on the last turn.

Thanks for the game!

My team is totally annihilated, i think i can only field like 7 guys or something next game!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2012, 06:08:31 am »

I believe Burnt Pies/Jartol will be played tomorrow, from my conversations with Jartol. That just leaves Charmander/ndkid -- any news on that one, guys? Still early in the week, so no rush, but any update?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2012, 06:11:23 am »

That match with ank was ridiculously brutal.  My team inflicted six casualties--well, five, plus one by the fans on the sidelines.  Unfortunately, that one wardancer was /really/ asking for it just getting out of bed that day...he already had a couple injuries that brought him down to AV 6 plus a niggling injury.  With his skills, though, he was a natural target and even got cleated once or twice.  Ironically, he only bit the dust when a blitzer took two dice against him, and decided to reroll a mere push.  Thankfully, aside from some screaming, ank was a really good sport :D

I have absolutely no regrets for my team's over-emphasis on rerolls.  Thanks to my friendly hired hobbit-squad, I wound up with like...seven rerolls the first half and five on the second.  My wizard really earned his keep too, as ank's summary tells.

The very last dash was incredibly nerve-wracking.  Two guys on my ball carrier and one square of GFI for the goal...wouldn't have been so bad except I was finally out of rerolls at that point!

For a team that dodges so well, the Featherhawks sure can draw blood.  Surely they are Nuffle's chosen daughters.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2012, 04:43:47 pm »

My first Touchdown!

Just a shame Jartol got 3 of 'em.

Another violent match, including one Death (A stormvermin), one Smashed Kneecap (A Gutter Runner) and another death, which was Apothecary'd to a Badly Hurt. The orcs showed off their ridiculously heavy armour once more, getting nothing nastier than a KO. Makes me wish I hadn't shelled out for 2 extra Linesmen (My little experience of the game when I made the team told me that even the Orcs' armour wasn't enough. How wrong I was.)

With some pretty good dodge rolling from the skaven, I couldn't defend my ball carriers at all, although the raw strength of my guys did help when I was blitzing them back. 2 Bloody Stupid rolls, both while my Troll was on the ground, but neither at a particularly crucial juncture, and I've stopped giving him Blitzes anyway; the Black Orcs do 'em well enough, and don't have a 1/2 (or 1/6 when there's someone stood next to him) chance of doing nothing.

Yet again, there were very few guys left on the other team in the closing moments of the game, which I suspect is the only reason I got the touchdown. If I could defend well while punching teams down like that, we'd be laughing, but I always seem to be 2/3-0 down when I've got a good run at the goal line.

My apologies for the death, Stormvermin can't be that cheap.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

Eh... The StormVermin just couldn't go on living anymore. He just had to commit suicide.

Was hoping to avoid being scored upon... but I ran out of rats towards the end.

I did notice some improvement in your formations after I scored a couple times. Next game will be more interesting.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

Yeah, considering he died to a failed dodge roll, I think that does count as suicide.

I'm kinda using the same tactics here as I do in Necromunda; thinking is for the people playing Delaque!

It's not working anywhere near as well.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:21 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Sahagin Stormers

The Stormers bring along a Halfling Master Chef, to the chagrin of the Khorne.

S1: Khorne elects to kick, and lines up in FFB. The HMC trades one reroll to the Stormers; screaming fans give them another. A touchback leads to a Skink with the ball who runs almost all the way to the Khorne end zone.

K1: Sprafy fails to dodge away from the Skink and Saurus near him.

S2: The Skink runs the ball in for the touchdown.

K2: The kickoff touchback goes into TAB's hands. The minotaur knocks a Saurus out with an injury. TAB runs up and tosses the ball to NATAB, who runs downfield with four other beastmen.

S3: Most of the Stormers move to get near NATAB. One Saurus gets caught up in the Minotaur's tentacles. (Praise Khorne for his blessings!)

K3: NATAB and his friends knock over a couple of lizardman, but NATAB abandons his wall, and breaks to his right with just one blocker running with him.

S4: Three skinks get to the side of NATAB, and knock him down. The ball bounces into his blocker's hands. A skink tries to dodge away and falls over.

K4: The ball carrier runs the ball in for the touchdown.

S5: A high Khorne kick goes into a Skink's hands. He hands it to another skink, who again runs the ball close to the Khorne end zone.

K5: Tail dodges back to the skink, but forgets to blitz him.

S6: The Skink dodges away from Tail and scores.

K6: TAB picks up the ball and runs forward with it. NATAB runs downfield with the minotaur supporting him.

S7: A Saurus and two Skinks get beside TAB.

K7: A block clears TAB to dodge away from the crowd, run downfield, and toss the ball to NATAB, who runs it to near the goal line. The minotaur goes wild and doesn't follow him.

S8: A Skink gets beside NATAB.

K8: NATAB knocks out the skink, then runs in for the score.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 2 Sahagin Stormers

K9: The HMC steals another reroll from Khorne. Another touchback puts the ball in TAB's hands. He runs it forward and tosses it to NATAB. NATAB runs downfield, and a four-man wall forms around him.

S9: Skinks surround the wall. A saurus gets beside NATAB and knocks him over. The ball goes into the hands of a neighboring Chaos Warrior.

K10: With proliferate blocking, the Chaos Warrior gets cleared enough to blitz one of the two Sauruses beside him, freeing him from the other, and runs the ball to within a few yards of the end zone.

S10: A skink gets beside the ball carrier.

K11: The Chaos Warrior bowls over the skink and runs the ball in.

S11: Khorne switches up the FFB and puts the Warriors on the edges and the Beastmen on the line. The Stormers get another free reroll. The Stormers execute their main offensive play: push on the edge with a Saurus, then run a Skink with the ball through the small hole created. A Saurus knocks out a Chaos Warrior. A skink knocks over TAB.

K12: TAB stands up and breaks a skink's leg. Tail runs back beside the ball-carrying Skink.

S12: After some blocking, the Skink runs the ball in for the touchdown.

K13: A pitch invasion knocks over four Khorne on the line and two lizardman in the backfield. The touchback kick goes to TAB, who runs the ball forward and tosses it to NATAB. NATAB runs toward the downed lizardmen with one forward blocker.

S13: Several lizardmen get around NATAB.

K14: NATAB blitzes, then tries to break a tackle, but falls over.

S14: A skink picks up the ball.

K15: An attempt to blitz the ball carrier leads to a failed dodge.

S15: The skink runs the ball forward, attempts to pass it to a waiting skink, and launches it into the stands. The fans toss the ball back to midfield.

K16: NATAB stands up and tries to get to the end zone for a TAB pass, but falls over on the last step.

S16: A skink picks up the ball, tries to hand it to a waiting skink, and fumbles.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 3 - 3 Sahagin Stormers

Final Thoughts: This was a nail-biting offensive juggernaut the whole way through. When I got the ball back with several turns left, I thought I had it made, but I got too aggressive, and never quite recovered from the mistake. 22 total SPP for the game won't be bad going forward, though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 149