Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261356 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Signups! Main League & Training Tournament!
« Reply #1290 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:57 am »

Problem is, if we wait, the holidays will be coming up shortly thereafter. Doesn't seem terribly wise to start a tournament then, either.

I've got three ideas.

1: Start now, but at a reduced speed. Say, one game every two weeks, for the first two games. After everyone's played their second game (early in January, presumably) we go back to one game a week.

2: Just wait until January anyway. Straightforward, but it'll mean going an entire month with nothing happening. That's pretty dangerous for stuff organized through the internet, but everyone here seems relatively reliable, so I suppose it should be okay.

3: Wait until January, but start a champions tournament now. You and THE_SLAYA will not have to play in this, so you won't have to worry about it, but makes sure something's still happening here. It's not going to be a long tournament (either 2 or 5 games), so scheduling will hopefully not be a major issue. This does require that ank is willing to play in the tournament, however. I don't know if he's up for it or not... (or AlStar could return, I suppose.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 09, 2013, 10:37:29 am »

I've applied KK back for the league... there are just too many fun stat boosts to pass up on that team.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

I'll probably half-sit-out of this run. If you need someone to bring teams up to a round number, I'll join in. Maybe roll Khornate if it's the training league, but I haven't read up on who's applying for what.

If not, more than likely Pro Elves if the other lizardbutts wanna go for the main league. And that being said, January is best, I think.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 09, 2013, 02:31:51 pm »

Sure, I'll play in the championship tournament!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 09, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

I'm down with option 3, yes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 09, 2013, 11:18:45 pm »

Either option three or one would work with me, I could probably come up with enough time for one game during this upcoming week or two. That said I've applied my training league team, "The Daemoning!" a Khorne Daemons team.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 10, 2013, 06:05:32 pm »

I'm playing Khemri again because I decided I was more likely to win with them than I was with my demolished Skaven team, or a different new team, xp. Anyways, If I can manage to get a +AGI roll on pretty much anyone, I might have a shot at bashing my way to 2-1 grinds every single game, xD

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 11, 2013, 05:38:15 am »

I finally got off my lazy ass and set up the "Bay12 Champions Cup". Password is "Bay12", as usual. Currently set to a single round robin, with top two playing a single championship match.

Not an ideal format, but you don't have many options, unfortunately. We could just throw all 4 teams into a single elimination bracket, but that would only be a combined 3 games, which feels too short to me.

I suppose we could use a free matchmaking tournament to make our own format, but that would be somewhat complicated.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »

Monk's Marauders have applied. I think I like the round robin seeding followed by the Championship, it's nice to play all the Champions in the tourney. Should establish a nice pecking order :P

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 17, 2013, 06:18:23 am »

Champions Cup is underway. First week's matchup is ndkid vs monk12, and myself vs ank. I'll write up nicer looking stuff later today, sorry.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 22, 2013, 06:41:21 am »

Kanil and me played on friday.

He won 2-1.

Kanil had good luck with inducements, reducing E-dawg's movement and getting +agi potions that worked.

With my crippled team, with no guard, attacking the vampire inside the thrall cage was never really an option, so the vamps just walked in the ball at a leisurely pace twice.
I tried to injure so many thralls that the vampires would run out of snacks, but that didn't really happen.
E-dawg did make a nice normal TD for once.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 23, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »

ndkid and I were scheduled to play over the weekend, but then I had an ice storm that knocked out my internet and then my power, so yeah, that didn't happen. Suppose we'll reschedule now :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 27, 2013, 11:19:00 pm »

Monk's Marauders defeats Morg's Meat Mashers 2-0

3M had generally crappy luck, failing to hit on all 3 ST potions in the Inducements phase, failing to break armor with the Lightning Bolt thrown by the Wizard, and failing to get knockdowns in the first half. The score was 0-0 at the half, but the Marauders received and walked in a TD on turn 12 and then took advantage of the aggression in the Orc hurry-up offense to steal the ball away, turning in the final TD on the final play. Despite both Marauder TDs coming in the second half, 3M's blocks were generally better in that half, putting a pair of Blitzers in the CAS box and nearly smashing the collarbone of the Kicker (the Apothecary patched that up, and fortunately nobody else got SI in the last four turns of the match.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 28, 2013, 01:21:29 am »

Match validated, and week advanced.

Next games are monk12 vs myself, and ank vs ndkid. Everyone will remain in contention until the final day, provided monk and I do not draw (or if we do, then if ank and ndkid also draw.)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 31, 2013, 07:06:29 am »

Nkid and me played our match.

The first orc block killed a lineman, but the apo patched him up.

All through the game the elves was getting kicked in the teeth, but managed to get ahead when the orc thrower dropped the ball on a GFI.

Nkid held the ball at the end zone until the last turn, but this gave Edawg and opportunity to close the game 3-2... which he did.

Edawg also caught the MVP, he should be very close to legend status now!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 149