Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261423 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 5 - TT S1, W4
« Reply #1155 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »

You'd think AV8 Dark Elves could take AV7 Skaven in a brawl, but nooooo :P

Oh hey the week advanced, I should get on that.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:33 am »

Very true Kanil, but the 1 kill per game thing is still slightly startling to me, :p. I don't think I've ever averaged that many with any team, xp

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 25, 2013, 11:51:45 pm »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. Monk's Meanies

The Meanies win the coin toss and elect to kick.

U1: A skink gets under the high kick and manages to actually catch the ball. The krox falls over knocking down an elf on the line.

M1: One Saurus and one skink get knocked over on the front lines.

U2: Saurii start knocking over elves. The skink with the ball runs it to midfield.

M2: A blitz pushes the ball-carrier back. His blocking saurus is knocked voer, but the blocking elf goes down as well.

U3: The runner gets the ball most of the way to the goal line. Several elves go down. A skink knocks himself out trying to dodge.

M3: The skink with the ball is blitzed down, sending the ball beside the Krox. Another skink gets knocked out.

U4: Two elves get injured by Saurii. The knocked down skink stands back up and picks the ball back up.

M4: The ball carrier is stunned, and the ball bounces among AG1 lizards until landing behind a saurus. An elf gets stunned trying to dodge.

U5: Most of the elven team gets knocked over.

M5: An elf knocks over a saurus. Another one fails to pick up the ball.

U6: Speedy gets back to the ball, picks it up, and runs for daylight. Elves get knocked down, and the krox knocks one out.

M6: An elf injures himself trying to get over to make a blitz.

U7: A saurus knocks himself over making a block.

M7: An elf falls over trying to sprint.

U8: Speedy runs in the touchdown.

M8: One skink and one elf remain knocked out, making an 11-8 head count. An elf gets a passing SPP.

Halftime Score: Unstoppable Immovables 1 - 0 Monk's Meanies

M9: The other knocked out elf wakes back up, getting the elves to nine on the pitch. The krox kicks the ball about three squares from the midpoint of the field. One skink gets knocked over. The ball carrier gets over the midfield line with two friends blocking for him.

U9: The krox knocks out an elf. A saurus blitzes the ball carrier, who dumps it off to another elf, who fails the catch. The saurus knocks himself over trying to make said blitz.

M10: The runner picks back up his missed pass and runs it toward the goal line.

U10: Lots of elves get knocked over, but nobody gets beside the ball carrier.

M11: The runner tosses the ball to an elf in the end zone for the touchdown.

U11: After the kickoff, elves go down, and a deep skink fails to pick up the ball.

M12: A deep saurus gets knocked over.

U12: Elves go down. Skink again fails to pick up the ball.

M13: Not much.

U13: Some elves get knocked down, but a saurus goes down in the process.

M14: An elf finally ends up with the ball.

U14: A triple team takes down the ball carrier. The ball flops into the hands of a saurus.

M15: A triple team knocks over the saurus, sending the ball into the arms of an elf.

U15: The elf gets knocked back over.

M16: Not much.

U16: I had planned for a series of amazing skink moves resulting in a low-odds score, but a saurus double-skulled before I got to it.

Final Score: Unstoppable Immovables 1 - 1 Monk's Meanies

Thoughts: My blocks were relatively solid early on, but the lack of block and rerolls made it hard to get any momentum. I have seen the light: skinks need Sure Hands something fierce.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:09 am »

M6 could have been nasty- Adolf Blitzer failed a GFI and broke his neck, but the apothecary saved his elven agility and got him back on the field for the second half. The Meanies had trouble getting injuries on the skinks, only managing a few KOs in the first half and a BH on a crowd surf in the second (that helps no one!) My critical mistake was on U15, as the elven ballcarrier at the time was the Runner who attempted to dump the ball off to a waiting, wide open blitzer; this was a dumb decision on my part, given the 3 TZs he was afflicted with. The ball ended up landing at his feet, and I wasn't able to blitz it free on M16 (bounced next to the same couple lizards,) leaving me with the scoring play of "dodge, pickup in 2 TZs, dodge again, medium pass, no rerolls." So yeah that failed on the first dodge- fortunately the skink passing attack never got a chance thanks to skull-ridden sauri, leaving us with a solid draw.

Still no W for the Meanies, but at least they finished a game without a player getting crippled. A couple Elves will level up from passing and the TD, and Andrew Jackson the MA5 Lineman caught MVP, so hopefully he gets a skill that makes up for the injury. Rematch with Light of Judgement next week, hopefully I play better than the last time!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 27, 2013, 11:14:15 pm »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. The Other Kittens

The Kittens develop some bad habits before the match. They also win the coin toss and elect to kick. A riot runs the clock a turn before the start of the match.

M2: Lots of blocks lead to a total of 1 knockdown, complete with a reroll burned in the process. The thrower with the ball gets behind the center line.

K2: A lineman gets knocked down, a black orc gets triple teamed... then the blocker double-double skulls.

M3: Three kittens go down before double skulls end the turn.

K3: The Beast of Nurgle goes to make a blitz but, despite a teammate shouting directions and being a pro, stands around confused, instead.

M4: The troll injures a warrior. Three orcs break downfield in a clump. The passer with the ball breaks free and gets it to one of the three in the clump (the only one who was AG3, amusingly).

K4: A blitz pushes the ball carrier a bit further along toward the end zone.

M5: The ball carrier frenzies and dodges his way out of trouble and to near the goal line, but with sadly no support.

K5: A blitzing beastman knocks out the ball carrier, leaving the ball beside the end zone. A thrower gets knocked out by the Beast of Nurgle. A warrior knocks himself out trying to dodge.

M6: One blitzer gets beside the ball and the nearby beastman. A lineman gets beside another beastman. A black orc starts his slow amble back for support.

K6: An attempt to block the orc beside the ball just pushes him. A beastman then picks up the ball.

M7: A black orc runs down to blitz the ball carrier, but falls over.

K7: One beastman passes the ball to another. A warrior falls over trying to block a black orc.

M8: Some meaningless blocks.

K8: The attempt for another passing SPP fails.

Halftime Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 0 - 0 The Other Kittens

K9: The orcs get a perfect defense, but kick the ball off the pitch. Every black orc gets knocked down.  A beastman runs the ball to midfield.

M9: The troll kills the beast of nurgle, who regenerates. Two orcs get beside the ball carrier.

K10: A blitzer and a black orc go down. The ball carrier gets away from the orcs to another midfield spot.

M10: The ball carrier gets blitzed down, leaving a mess of bodies, standing and lying down, at midfield. An orc on the edge fails a one-die against a beastman.

K11: Several orcs get knocked down. The AG5 rotter picks up the ball.

M11: A beastman gets knocked out. Two orcs get beside the rotter. One warrior is knocked over.

K12: The rotter tosses the ball to a deep beastman.

M12: A blitz on the deep beastman does nothing. A black orc kills a beastman.

K13: The beastman runs in the score.

M13: The Kittens have only ten creatures to field.  The AG4 Lineman and a goblin run down each side. A thrower picks up the ball, with another thrower for support. Most of the Nurgle front line goes down.

K14: A beastman gets beside the ball carrier. (I don't get to use his dump off skill for some reason.)

M14: A pass and a handoff ends with the goblin a couple of steps from the goal line.

K15: A warrior falls over trying to get to the goblin.

M15: The goblin runs in the score.

K16: The kittens still only have ten on the pitch. Lots of orcs go down. The AG5 Rotter gets another SPP for his quick pass.

M16: Nothing

Final Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 1 - 1 The Other Kittens

Thoughts: I feel like i2amroy probably should've gotten this one... he got plenty of block opportunities, and never got a single injury out of the deal... even against orc armor, I feel like there should have been one somewhere. It's tough to get much offense against Nurgle teams, and i2amroy was definitely able to shut mine down... my managing to score in the waning minutes was mostly luck and the extra man up I had.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 29, 2013, 04:47:28 pm »

I am saddened to say that my skaven team's killing spree is over, kinda. I failed to get a permanent kill against charmander this week due to his silly apothecary, who managed to turn the death into a minus agility. Walked away with the win and two casualties caused though so I'm still okay with it.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 5 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1161 on: September 29, 2013, 05:26:12 pm »

That's the last match in the training tournament, so it's advanced. Main league should advance tomorrow, but there's still one match outstanding.

Matchups for TT Week 5:
THE_SLAYA - Slaya's Scrabblers vs Kanil - Players are Overrated
Charmander - Light of Judgement vs monk12 - Monk's Meanies
i2amroy - The Traveling Doctors vs ndkid - Unstoppable Immovables

Also, you'll be playing me next, and I don't have an apothecary, so... any kills will be very much dead!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 29, 2013, 06:52:58 pm »

I assumed my opponent would have posted the result, what with his glorious draw.
game ended 2-2

I say glorious because he was really dominating the whole game with a strong cage, and I just scored twice with Edawg.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 29, 2013, 08:45:29 pm »

Monk's Marauders vs Doomwheels is scheduled for 6pm EST Tuesday. If that's missing the cutoff, it's fair to call it a draw, as the delay is purely related to uncooperative schedules and not any flakiness or other nonsense.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:32 am »

I got busy and forgot to post, xD. I was doing so well all game I just couldn't injure your stupid OTTD elf, xp. tie game with 94% to 2% possession, xD

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:31 pm »

Game completed, 4-2 in favor of the Marauders. The Skaven used their 1.3 Million Inducements to buy a Wizard, Morg, Headsplitter, and a third Big Guy in the form of a Rat Ogre merc, which paid off in the form of 5 CAS inflicted (dead lineman, -AG lineman (so as good as dead,) and the gimpy -MA Blitzer rerolled from death to a niggler, making his roster value questionable.) Unfortunately for the Skaven, early events favored the humans; Morg wound up with the ball on the opening kickoff and was wrestled down, and the next drive started with a Human Blitz that helped the humans get out to a quick 2-0 lead. Nothing too remarkable from there; or rather, individual plays were interesting, but insufficient to significantly change the flow of the game as both teams possessed the ability to move the ball quickly.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 6 - TT S1, W5
« Reply #1166 on: October 01, 2013, 09:17:37 pm »

Match validated, week advanced.

Matchups for Week 6:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers
A Spoony Bard - Doomwheels vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs ank - w00t w00t
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies

In training tournament news, THE_SLAYA's rats squared off against my wood elves, and we fought to a 2-2 draw. The skaven lost their best gutter runner in the process however, so a very pyrrhic draw for them.

In main league news, THE_SLAYA's mummies squared off against my rats, and we fought to a 1-1 draw. Nobody died this time, the only injury of note is a rat going MNG.

As for your blitzer, two injuries for just two skills makes firing him seem pretty sound, indeed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:18:53 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 04, 2013, 12:11:06 am »

Morg's Meat Mashers vs. Monk's Marauders

The orcs procure a wizard, make sure the Marauders have some bad habits, and slow down one of their catchers. The orcs win the coin toss and elect to kick. There's a blizard, and a riot burns a turn.

H2: Two orcs gets knocked down and some humans push through one side of the pitch.

O2: A lineman at midfield gets his groin strained by the troll. Another lineman and the ogre go down.

H3: The thrower makes a pass to a catcher, who runs in the touchdown.

O3: The orcs knock over the ogre and the rest of the line after kickoff. The Nervy Thrower picks up the ball.

H4: The other thrower gets knocked over by the blitzer. A black orc and a deep blitzer also get knocked down.

O4: Only one human gets knocked over; the ball is slowly advanced forward.

H5: A black orc gets knocked out. The passer tosses the ball at a black orc as the blitz comes; obviously, the black orc fails the catch, and then gets stunned.

O5: The ball bounces farther back when a human falls on it.

H6: The ogre stuns a black orc. One of the throwers gets stunned. A lineman goes down. A downed black orc gets fouled by a lineman, stunning the black orc and ejecting the lineman.

O6: A blitz by a black orc sends the ball bouncing miraculously into the hands of a thrower, who runs it back to midfield. A lineman stuns a human thrower.

H7: The ogre knocks out another orc. A human injures himself trying to dodge.

O7: The thrower breaks free and tosses the ball to a downfield blitzer.

H8: A lineman gets stunned. A human lineman blitzes back, goes for it, knocks over the blitzer on a one-die, and picks up the ball. Another lineman falls over trying to dodge.

O8: The thrower blitzes down the lineman with the ball. He fails to pick up the bouncing ball. The blitzer beside him fails to pick up the bouncing ball. It goes into the stands. The crowd throws the ball back to the thrower, who then tries to run in the score, but falls over at the goal line.

Halftime Score: Monk's Marauders 1 - 0 Morg's Meat Mashers

O9: The blizzard finally stops. A lineman gets knocked out at midfield. The ogre gets stunned. The orc line moves forward.

H9: A blitzer and a black orc get knocked down. A human gets beside the thrower with the ball.

O10: The thrower tosses the ball to midfield. The AG4 thrower misses the catch.

H10: A blitzer stuns a blitzer beside the ball, leaving him and another blitzer beside the thrower beside the ball. Then the human thrower fails to pick up the ball, sending it into the hands of the orc thrower, despite three tackle zones.

O11: The thrower throws an INT.

H11: A black orc gets stunned. A ball carrier runs downfield.

O12: A thrower gets beside the ball carrier. The wizard wastes his shot.

H12: A thrower gets knocked out. A human fails to dodge.

O13: The ball carrier gets knocked down. The Agile thrower picks up the loose ball, runs it forward, and tosses it to the AG4 lineman downfield, who runs it close to the goal line.

H13: Some humans get back to defend.

O14: The orc blitzer runs in the score.

H14: Four humans run deep. The uber-thrower picks up the ball.

O15: Some GFIs and a lucky block stun the ball carrier. The orcs swarm over the line of scrimmage.

H15: The other thrower fails his dodge.

O16: A blitzer breaks free into the end zone. Another blitzer picks up the ball, then fumbles the pass... twice.

H16: The AG5 makes his first dodge, but fails his second.

Final Score: Morg's Meat Mashers 1 - 1 Monk's Marauders

Thoughts: Ugh, that was a slugfest. It felt like I was getting the lower end of the blocks... but then, I suffered no casualties, whereas Monk got two. (One was, I grant, self-inflicted.) Monk's team and tactics are definitely hard to score again... a S4, AG5 thrower? Seriously? SERIOUSLY??? I was happy to come away unscathed with a tie.

I think it's time to do some roster trimming... I'm at a point where I have experienced linemen and rookie blitzers, and I should probably only have one or the other, rather than paying for the extra depth.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 04, 2013, 12:20:19 am »

Play of the game was H8, I think, where the rookie lineman Ari Wetdawn made 2 GFIs in a blizzard to trip up the ballcarrier on a 1d block, AND secured the ball for himself, in a situation that was otherwise an easy TD for the Orcs. I got cute in the second half trying to get the ball to my rookie Blitzer (who had a much less impressive debut,) instead of just letting my dodgy blitzers screen in the score; the rookie was the one to fail a dodge on H12. I might have had a shot to pull it out anyway, but the short kick kept the ball within striking distance of the Orcs and I did not leave enough protection for Tonkai the star Thrower; well, that and a critical mistake on which side of the field the ST4 AG4 Orc was lined up. And then I screwed up a blitz on the last turn that might have made the incredibly unlikely scoring chain somewhat more likely (I needed 2 pushes, reflexively took the first pow  ::)) Still, nobody dead, and I didn't take a loss.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 04, 2013, 10:06:43 pm »

Unstoppable Immovables vs. The Traveling Doctors

The Docs have 70k, which goes to some Bloodweiser and a cheering fan. The Docs win the coin toss and elect to receive.

D1: An ogre gets under the high kick but fails the catch. One saurus on the line gets knocked over, then an ogre double-skulls.

U1: The two ogres left on the front line get knocked over, with one stunned. The lizardman team surges forward.

D2: The snotlings get out of the way of the saurii menace. An ogre knocks over a saurus. The deep ogre tries to pick up the ball again, sending it into the crowd. It pops back out to beside a saurus.

U2: A skink picks up the loose ball and runs in the touchdown.

D3: The kickoff goes deep. The quick snap allows the snotlings to move toward it. Two ogres bonehead.

U3: Two ogres get stunned on the line. The lizardmen again swarm over the line.

D4: The snotlings dodge back. The one with the ball moves forward.

U4: A skink knocks over the ball carrier. He fails the pickup, and the ball lands among a gang of Saurii.

D5: Two ogres bonehead. A third knocks over a saurus. A snotling fails to pick up the ball.

U5: A saurus falls over while killing an ogre.

D6: Two ogres bonehead. A snotling manages to pick up the ball in traffic and head downfield with it. Another snotling is injured trying to dodge.

U6: The krox injures an ogre. The snotling with the ball gets mostly surrounded.

D7: The snotling with the ball dodges away. Another snotling stuns himself trying to go for it.

U7: The snotling with the ball gets knocked down. A skink picks up the ball, but fumbles his attempted throw.

D8: An ogre knocks a skink off the pitch, knocking him out.

U8: Not much.

Halftime Score: Unstoppable Immovables 1 - 0 The Traveling Doctors

U9: The Docs have three ogres and four snotlings to field. A touchback gives the ball to a skink on the line, who runs forward with a Saurus. Two ogres get knocked down, and a snotling gets knocked out. A skink stuns another snotling.

D9: A saurus smashes the ball carrier's collar bone, but stuns himself in the process.

U10: The krox smashes an ogre's ankle. The ball gets sent into the crowd, and lands near the doc's end zone. Three skinks and a saurus surround it. A saurus knocks himself out knocking down an ogre.

D10: An ogre stuns a snotling trying to throw it toward the ball.

U11: A skink runs in the score.

D11: The Docs are down to two ogres and four snotlings. A snotling picks up the short kickoff. An ogre throws him over the line, where he falls down.

U12: A saurus stuns an ogre. A skink fails to pick up the ball.

D12: A snotling fails to pick up the ball.

U13: A skink fails to pick up the ball.

D13: An ogre stuns a snotling trying to throw him. A snotling fails to pick up the ball.

U14: Useless blocks. The ball bounces some more.

D14: A snotling fails to pick up the ball.

U15: Lots of blocks. A skink ends up with the ball and heads downfield.

D15: The ball carrier is blitzed down, sending the ball into the hands of another skink.

U16: The new ball carrier runs in the touchdown.

D16: A snotling injures itself.

Final Score: Unstoppable Immovables 3 - 0 The Traveling Doctors

Thoughts: Nuffle had hate early and often for the Docs. I still look forward to the day I can get a skink sure hands.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 149