Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261435 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 8, Week 1 (and more signups!)
« Reply #1065 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:16 am »

Imagine a train wreck. Alternatively, picture me beating my face against a wall repeatedly, both are entirely apt at the moment.

The current state of things is such: With Charmander's application to the league (which I forgot to confirm! wheeee...) we ended up with 8 teams applied to the league. With no additional signup recently, I figured that was what we had for S8 and started the league. Problem is, ndkid hadn't yet applied his team to the league, so he got left out. Well, fuck.

Furthermore, despite my double checking of the tournament format/rules/etc, I somehow managed to set the tournament to single round robin. So the tournament is 7 games long. While 7 is closer to what I feel is ideal (10) than 14, we've had three 13-14 game seasons without any apparent issue. So, I dunno if this is a problem or not, but it's different.

Unfortunately, I don't think Cyanide lets you cancel an ongoing season without deleting the entire league, which would require everyone reapply. If everyone wishes to do that, it can be done. It'll take a few days and might be considered a hassle to some.

If you'd rather just play, we can start like this. Neither format is particularly bad, it's more a preference of long tournament vs short one. As for ndkid, he had several days (and a reminding PM) to apply, so while I take the blame for fucking up, I also don't think just going with it would be exceedingly unfair.

I'm up for whatever everyone else wants to do. If we're playing, these are the week one matchups.

ank - w00t w00t vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
A Spoony Bard - DOOMWHEELS vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

Anyway, with that out of the way, there's a whole other tournament for me to fuck up: The Rookie Tournament!

I'm currently referring to this as the "Training Tournament" in OP, but if you've got a better name for it, by all means suggest it.

From what I gather, we've got three people who've signed up with actual teams: hermes with the high elves, monk12 with dark elves, and myself with wood elves.  We've got a couple other people who are interested but haven't picked teams? Someone want pro elves to complete the pack?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 21, 2013, 05:57:30 am »

I'm fine with reapplying if other people want to, it's no big deal to me.

Also sign me up for the Training tournament with an ogre team.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 21, 2013, 06:45:03 am »

Sorry, I was out of town for several days (Thursday through Sunday), then sick with resulting con crud the past two. Let me know what you want me to do.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:06 am »

Woot! Ogre team is a thing in the league! Go Ogre's!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 21, 2013, 08:59:51 am »

I am fine with reapplying as well, it would be a shame to leave nkid out!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:34 am »

Since ndkid is in fact alive, I'm just fine with the extra day or two of delay inherent in reapplying everyone to the league.

Also oh god Kanil has an elf team, we're all doomed. Doomed, I say!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:28 am »

I'm not fussed either way, but knowing would be cool.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 21, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »

Since ndkid is in fact alive, I'm just fine with the extra day or two of delay inherent in reapplying everyone to the league.

My team is pretty... ah... novel. It works better at low TV, admittedly, so I might stand a chance, but I don't expect to win much. i2amroy's Ogres are signed up. Anyone else want in?

Anyway, with almost everyone alright with recreating the league, I'll do that. I didn't realize ndkid wasn't in the league until I was writing up the schedule after the tournament was started. "Bay12 League" with "Bay12" as usual.

I apologize once more for my fuck ups.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:37 pm »

I've been moving and just now saw all this. I'm fine reapplying if thats what we're doing, also for the training league I'll field a Skaven team if nobody else is already doing that.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 21, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »

My team is pretty... ah... novel. It works better at low TV, admittedly, so I might stand a chance, but I don't expect to win much. i2amroy's Ogres are signed up. Anyone else want in?

Anyway, with almost everyone alright with recreating the league, I'll do that. I didn't realize ndkid wasn't in the league until I was writing up the schedule after the tournament was started. "Bay12 League" with "Bay12" as usual.

I apologize once more for my fuck ups.

Heavy on positionals, nonexistant on rerolls, I'm guessing? You crazy :P

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 21, 2013, 06:28:18 pm »

@monk: I'm crazier than that.

@THE_SLAYA: Cool. Thank you.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 21, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »

I'm fine playing in the league as is, but I'm also fine with waiting to get it changed.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 22, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

On that note, does ndkid want in on this season or not? I'm happy with rookie if he wants to, and he did kinda intend to.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 22, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »

I actually joined up a night or two ago, with my orc team from Season 1.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 22, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

Charmander, unless you don't want to, feel free to apply to the tournament with your Lizards. If we can't find a tenth player, I'll remove you and you can apply to the rookie tournament instead. If we do find a tenth player, then you're already applied and ready to play.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 149