Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best way to induce sieges.  (Read 2238 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to induce sieges.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 03:24:25 am »

By the way, does captured gear (e.g., goblinite and the firewood armor the elves bring)  count toward your accumulated wealth?
not unless you decorate it.

last version, my best fort's main industry was taking all the clothes the goblins "brought" me, and decorating them for export.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:26:05 am »

Keep living, If you build it..they will come.

To expand on this:

Generate as much wealth as you possibly can as fast as you can.  Beware:  This will also attract lots of filthy migrants.

Yes. Faster you generate large amounts of wealth. The sooner sieges will be knocking on your door.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 04:06:54 am »

last version, my best fort's main industry was taking all the clothes the goblins "brought" me, and decorating them for export.

Ditto. Except for the decorating part. They all wore giant cave spider silk robes, and I was getting 36 goblins in ambush per year. I was getting about 20,000 in trade value worth of clothing off them:p Now you have me wondering how the price would be if I tried decorating...

Anywho, I started getting sieges, 50+ goblins. New version came out, so I didn't have a chance to see how much trade-value 90 goblins brought me that year... Forts still sitting there, awaiting my return:p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?
Pages: 1 [2]