Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll To Be a Moon Politician!  (Read 12810 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Be a Moon Politician!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »

"We should not, for it could harm the worker that handles the material!"
Hello Hunam

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:41 am »

OOC: I...guess that's correct

"Hmmm....not only would the transportation of such a harmful substance to our enemies be foolish, this is a gross act of profiteering.  It in no real way benefits the common folk, the workers who toiled to gather such a putrid resource.  Why should we do something that will be of no benefit to the workers, and potentially bring about our own destruction?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 06:47:37 am »

"I think that this would be fine as long as the pilots and the handlers are properly equipped. If worse comes to worse, the only thing we need to do to get the upper leg in combat is mass produce the Hydrogen Bomb.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 07:00:16 am »

Oooh, waitlist me please! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 08:49:19 am »

After clicking twice Rick Jive throws his hands into the air sending a beautiful shower of sparks across the stage.

"Those Space commy dudes are right. What none of these pro-radiation turkeys seem to realize is that we are providing other planets with the means to create devastating weapons, and THAT DOES NOT ROCK! Consider Reverend Funk on the side, against exporting our own demise.

Edit: Godamn everyone has a goatee
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:02:38 am by Flintus10 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:23 am »

OOC: Wait, what does resolve do again?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

"First off, I although I was not born on the moon, I am 100 percent a moonite. Indeed it was my misfortune not to be born on the moon, but I have lived here ever since I was 15, and have aspired to become the moon president for even longer."

"We should, for there is no shortage of radioactive materials already in existance for those fools desiring war and as long as those who gather and transport the material are cautious, we can create a lot of jobs safely, and allow those who desire it clean energy."

(Could you give us a bit of summary on the recent history of the human race (eg. planets colonised, level of space travel, current state of earth, current development of the moon?))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:02:06 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »

"I see no reason to fear exporting radioactive materials to other planets, as the economic prosperity has such great potential. And having seen radioactive warfare in my past career, I can state that any enemy radioactive warhead or missile-carriers could be easily dismantled before they reach Earth, not to mention we have highly advanced anti-missile systems all around the world for a reason."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »

OOC: Wait, what does resolve do again?

Resolve didn't do anything until you asked about it  :)
I was originally just including the little status descriptions underneath for fun, but now its a hidden mechanic.  I'll tell you what it does whenever it actually does something.

If you meant Presence though, it's basically HP.

As for the history...  I was originally going to pretty much let you make up whatever you wanted at the moment for the history, first person to say something makes it canon unless I specifically state otherwise, but if you want me to make an actual history I actually have made one and can type up summary tomorrow.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 01:22:06 am »

No, that sounds good, I just didn't want to say something that while awesome happened to be wrong and would net me a penalty or such.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:22 am »

[4+0=4]
Space Lenin is the first to speak, he slams his fist down and proclaims: "We should not, for it could harm the worker that handles the material!"  The crowd seems lightly impressed with his firm stance.

[6+1=7]
Leone Sprovosky quietly speaks up after him continuing on his point, "Hmmm....not only would the transportation of such a harmful substance to our enemies be foolish, this is a gross act of profiteering.  It in no real way benefits the common folk, the workers who toiled to gather such a putrid resource.  Why should we do something that will be of no benefit to the workers, and potentially bring about our own destruction?" Suddenly he begins to glow as if light from the very heavens themselves are shining out through him, the crowd gazes on in wonder as Baby Buddha is born from his words and floats off into the sky bringing hope of a new peaceful life.  There is uproarious applause and TH-408 begins to weep.
Leone Sprovosky has stolen 1 presence from EVERYONE.

[6+1=7]
Jack Scott uses the moment to steal the limelight and in fact literally grabs Baby Buddha from the sky and absorbs his essence lending power to his words, "I think that this would be fine as long as the pilots and the handlers are properly equipped. If worse comes to worse, the only thing we need to do to get the upper leg in combat is mass produce the Hydrogen Bomb."  Cries of "yeah" and "make moer bombz!" are heard from across the Arena.
Jack Scott has gained 5 presence from absorbing the soul and essence of Baby Buddha.

[4+2=6]
After clicking twice Rick Jive throws his hands into the air sending a beautiful shower of sparks across the stage.
"Those Space commy dudes are right. What none of these pro-radiation turkeys seem to realize is that we are providing other planets with the means to create devastating weapons, and THAT DOES NOT ROCK! Consider Reverend Funk on the side, against exporting our own demise.  The people are shocked, how could they have been so blind as to think that sending nuclear power to other planets would be a good thing?  Several fall down and weep.

[5+0=5]
Frank Forts makes his stand, "First off, I although I was not born on the moon, I am 100 percent a moonite. Indeed it was my misfortune not to be born on the moon, but I have lived here ever since I was 15, and have aspired to become the moon president for even longer."

"We should, for there is no shortage of radioactive materials already in existance for those fools desiring war and as long as those who gather and transport the material are cautious, we can create a lot of jobs safely, and allow those who desire it clean energy."  The people are convinced that your not being born on the moon is of no importance, and you even manage to persuade a few to your side of the nuclear debate.

[3+1=4]
Ruthia Khan joins in last, "I see no reason to fear exporting radioactive materials to other planets, as the economic prosperity has such great potential. And having seen radioactive warfare in my past career, I can state that any enemy radioactive warhead or missile-carriers could be easily dismantled before they reach Earth, not to mention we have highly advanced anti-missile systems all around the world for a reason."  The people now have almost complete faith in the anti-missile system.

Suddenly, before any more statements can be made, TH-804 speaks into his microphone and says through very real tears, "I am sorry, but I am calling time, my circuits can not handle any more glory today, it is just... too beautiful."

Each of you returns to your moon-Hotel/Private Spaceship/Jetpack/Moon-Condo/etc.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:40:23 pm by Phantom of The Library »
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 02:13:36 am »

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ooh, a Waitlist! (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 09:03:10 am »

OOC: ...Wow. So, do we actually do something in our current location?  Write some manifestos? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:47 am »

Make a campaign ad that promises that if Ruthia Khan is elected, she ensures social security benefits to retirees.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:13:52 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:13 pm »

Petition a moon parade for my campaign
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6