Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No slab? WTH?  (Read 3805 times)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No slab? WTH?
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:14 pm »

In my current world there was only 1 (ONE) necromancer... In the legends he's listed as the creator of 4 of the 5 existing artefacts (4 useless books). The last artefact of course is the slab with the secrets of life and death!
All the artefacts are listed as "stored in *whatevername*.

I spent a couple of hours depleting the tower of all the corpses, kiting them outside and shooting rocks at them, then throwing the corpses away so they wouldn't get reanimated...
Killed the necromancer (on the 2nd floor) easily... and the tower is completely devoid of slabs! Indeed, I only found 2 of the 4 books that were supposed to be there... what gives?
The 2nd floor has stairs up, but the 3rd floor is only air, so you can't actually go there.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: No slab? WTH?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:04:25 pm »

Eh, don't worry bro.  The most I've had in a world at once was three, and that was on a large world.  I haven't been able to retry the worldgen because it'll eat my computer, but sometimes it won't make very many.  The slab could be in a room that didn't get pathed right, but it might be under a corpse, or a corpse may be over a stairway.  If you have time to spare, give them all a look.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:07:54 pm »

Also, check the books. If one of them has a title relating to death, it works the same way as a slab.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 02:56:38 am »

Have you trying hitting < again, in case that 3rd floor staircase is an up/down staircase? i.e., there may be a 4th floor.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

I tried all of the above, but there's absolutely nothing!

Also, apparently corpses respawn inside the tower even though the necro isn't there anymore...

I'll just build another world I guess!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:42:27 pm »

Also, apparently corpses respawn inside the tower even though the necro isn't there anymore...
I've cleared out a necromancer's tower once, and they most certainly do not - if they're still reappearing, then there's another necromancer somewhere.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »

Weird... what I did was simply to walk around the (offscreen) tower, and I clearly saw all the corpses I had collected and thrown away (to keep them from being raised again), still lying there.

when I re-entered the tower, there was no necro in sight (on the ground floor), but the tower was again packed full of zombies: where would they come from? there were no corpses ready to be raised anywhere nearby.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »

i'm guessing its related to the glitch where if you move far enough from something for the games memory to forget it things will re-spawn in that area.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

Either that, or there could be another necromancer on another floor.  Were there any interactions mentioned in your combat logs?

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:17 pm »

No more floors, no interactions whatsoever. The stairway up on the second floor does not lead anywhere

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:19:55 pm »

Yeah, it's probably something like there's a missing staircase.  The other necromancer is up there raising corpses, and those are getting teleported through fast travel.  That's really the biggest problem with this release, live bodies aren't tracked, which can be confusing.  Some mornings I wake up on the roof of a five story building.  Annoying.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 02:37:49 pm »

Ah, that must be it then!

I just genned a different world, and got lucky in one of the 2 necromancer towers: the slab was under-guarded so I could pilfer it without too much fuss!