Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48902 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2012, 10:22:46 pm »

I'm not sure how this system works. Can you tell me how my character would cast debuffs? As far as I can tell, my bad juju skill would only let me change my spell type, such as from my base wind magic, from my book, to for example earth or darkness. How do debuffs come into it?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »

Basically, normally the Wind debuff just locks special attacks assuming it works. With Bad Juju you can say what you want your debuff to do instead of being restricted to the normal spell effect for your book. You can either take from the list below or suggest something. ^^^

Quote from: Element Quick Summary
Fire: Burned, deals 1d8 damage (if standard enemy) or 1d6 damage (if boss enemy) per round
Ice: Frozen, target can't move (if standard enemy) / initative is halved (if boss enemy) and takes +1 to Damage Rolls from Bashing weapons
Wind: Cursed, target can't use special attacks like subweapons or magic books. Boss enemies automatically halve duration of effect.
Earth: Swamped, target is set to -2 Movement (if groundbased standard enemy) or loses all movement bonuses (if groundbased boss enemy). Flying or incorporeal enemies are immune.
Lightning: Shocked, deals 1 damage point per turn and target can't move (if standard enemy) or (if boss enemy) takes one damage each turn and has a 10% chance of rolling a 0 on his accuracy rolls.
Light: Blinded, target is set to -2 accuracy (if standard enemy) or loses all accuracy bonuses (if boss enemy).
Shadow: Poisoned, automatically deals 1d4+1 damage (if standard enemy) or deals 1d4-1 damage (if boss enemy) per round but lasts until cured, target dies, or fight ends.

There's a category above boss enemy, but you won't see many of those. The last form of Tekrushar is one of them, though. His first two forms are simply Boss types.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »

Huh, that's pretty cool. I'll have to keep these in mind. Thanks!

For now, let's go for wind.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:48 am »

Use the Ballistic Knife, attack Tel'ars with it. Move forward.

Serrana saw the weapon Tel'ars was wielding. A Halberd. It had quite the reach and it's force would easily slice through armor, given the opponent's seemingly physical might and dexterity. A few preemptive strikes wouldn't hurt, before the real fight began. Sliding a hand over to her belt, she pulled out two of her Ballistic Knives, made especially for this event -or any event that includes having your hands full and lacking time to draw a bow, rubbed the tips to adjust their spread, and threw both with a quick wae before advancing with her Glaive in both hands.

((Ballistic knife, not exactly like the RL counterpart.  :P ))
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:13:45 am by Tiruin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2012, 12:29:40 am »

Who thinks that we're going to blast his 1k hp to 0 in the first turn? :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2012, 12:32:45 am »

Who thinks that we're going to blast his 1k hp to 0 in the first turn? :3
It's a lure to safety I tell you. It is a trap!

:P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2012, 12:38:34 am »

Well yeah, it's sort of a trap. I'm just gauging your relative strength right now before I finalize the stats for Tel'ars fighting for real; right now he's taking it easy, sort of like a person playfighting a kitten with their fingers. I need to know the kind of damage y'all are capable of before I can make things difficult for you. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2012, 03:24:30 am »

Well yeah, it's sort of a trap. I'm just gauging your relative strength right now before I finalize the stats for Tel'ars fighting for real; right now he's taking it easy, sort of like a person playfighting a kitten with their fingers. I need to know the kind of damage y'all are capable of before I can make things difficult for you. ^^^
Crap. Quick everyone, throw the fight! Malleus, grapple him! Zathyran, use your fists! Wymar, you're our tank!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:10 am »

Crap. Quick everyone, throw the fight! Malleus, grapple him! Zathyran, use your fists! Wymar, you're our tank!
Should I start using my subweapon? :P
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2012, 03:45:18 am »

lol. Wymar is STILL the squishiest. ^^^ @Tal: I think Marcus's sheet is in this thread, if it ain't I'll post it up when I have an opportunity tomorrow, going to bed now. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2012, 04:51:39 am »

lol. Wymar is STILL the squishiest. ^^^
And it still doesn't work because I am still south of the top end of the damage-scale.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2012, 04:55:53 am »

And it still doesn't work because I am still south of the top end of the damage-scale.
Oh? What went wrong?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2012, 05:06:24 am »

Oh? What went wrong?
just see him as an railgun, He detonates with the victim
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2012, 05:17:33 am »

Awkward moment when a kitten bites your arm off.

Sh*t just got real.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2012, 05:26:35 am »

Oh? What went wrong?
Too much glass, far too lacking in cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24