Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48900 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »

Oh great this has started already.

Shit. What do I do now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:53 pm »

(7, 1) Malakai intoned a few arcane words, and shields of ice with a strong ceramic core formed around the party's left forearms. It wasn't much, but the spell could partially absorb a blow before it shattered.

The party walked the mile to Times Square. A scrap of ripped paper drifted past the magician on the wind, and he took it. There was a date - August 2nd, 2733 - near the top and part of a story below. It was impossible to tell exactly what it was about given that only the first six or seven words on the left side were still there, and even then some of those were too faded by time to read. From what Malakai could gather, though, it was a dedication. Some new memorial or construction for an event roughly three years ago according to the time they found themselves in. He put it in his pocket.

The square was up ahead, but the party stopped as machines came to life near them. Tall poles on either side suddenly blazed with a bright light, made more visible by the shadows cast by the ruins around them. Curious, the party walked onward, each post on either side lighting up as they passed it. Up ahead, Tel'ars was lighting another cigarette, sheltering it in the palm of his hand from the wind. "Glad you could make it," he said. "Out of all the life I've exterminated, I think I like humans the best. They have that spirit of defiance, that willingness to dance with the flames as they consume the world around them. It's admirable. Almost makes me wish I was one. What did you think of the lights?"

He smiled. "They're hardly important. I've brought you here, to this day, for one specific reason. Look to the sky. See the shooting stars? It's a meteor shower. Beautiful sight. I've altered their trajectory so they'll hit Earth. Specifically, they'll bombard all of New York... except right here. In this square. If this is to be humanity's last stand, their last real heroes coming together for a final battle, I thought it should be suitably dramatic. It'll make it more satisfying when I win." He got up from the bench and carelessly tossed his match aside. From seemingly out of nowhere he produced a halberd and rested it on his shoulders, arms hooked around it like a scarecrow.

"I'll let the lot of you take the first shot. It's more sporting. So, whenever you're ready." He took a deep drag on the cigarette, turning half of it into ash from one breath. He never exhaled the smoke.

All right, battle officially begins now. :D (As you might have guessed, this fight will progress in stages, but each character that survives a stage will get a reward of some sort. This is the first, and easiest, stage so the reward will probably just be a skill-up.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »

Actually, what can I do?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:12 pm »

Friar Greenmoore sensed the slightest hesitation in his cohort, a moment of gathering courage.

He had time to think, that he had lived quite long enough.

"Courage, my friends. I shall strike first."

Then he stepped forward, and raised his hand to begin the arc of conjuration. He tried to form in his mind, not images of destruction-but, the image of a tenderly stoked hearth fire-two lovers, huddled together, alive, happy and warm against the cold and the dark that raged outside...

Action: Lead the attack with a blast of fire!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:10 pm »

@Darvi: Here's your character sheet.

Spoiler: Wymar Sane / Darvi (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »

Razor Blade (Slashing; +2 to Damage Rolls)
Cripes now I'm emo?

Eh.

Question why I should fight somebody who has achieved my long-time goal, but then realise that my character doesn't share my motivation and move to a position that provides a bonus to AC while still allowing me to nuke the guy.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 01:14:28 pm »

"This is how it starts huh? hrrm": "Ego servus devotissimus quaeso Domine, da mihi potestatem in signum crucis" I pray for myself
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:16:21 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 02:04:58 pm »

Malakai

"Great stars above, he's more annoying than Pierre," Malakai muttered under his breath, spinning his staff above his head as he did so. "That which broken can be mended, and that which is mended can be broken," he chanted, whirling the staff faster as he wove one the shards of his fragmented soul into the end. "Deal of death, now undone, rend apart the eight made one." The rhyming chant really wasn't necessary, but it helped him steel his nerves for the pain that came of ripping off a chunk of his scarred soul. A pain that came the instant he slammed his staff down into forsaken earth.

Dracula's curse was not without it's benefits. They were not as strong as they had been then, but they were still under his call.

Raise a Greater Elemental Malakai, Light.

Qongqothwane

Knock-knock stood silently near the back of the group of heroes, this land was dead, but the spirits that remained were strong and angry. The nightmare could not be bested, but perhaps it could be forgotten for a while again. Raising his face to the grey sky, Qongqothwane let out the first sound he had uttered since the dream of endings had taken him: a howling dirge, a call to the spirits of the fallen for their help.

What they could not do in life, he would help them do in death.

Double debuff attack, attempt to lower his attack accuracy and physical defense.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:11:54 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

"You, you who have slain my race, you dare to stand before me, and proclaim it! You shall die this day even if I must sacrifice this life I have to achieve! Ender of Worlds, you signed your tombstone the moment you dared attack my kind!" With that Alexander jumped, but instead of the man they knew, there was a wolf. His true form resembling an ancient beast of great power, the Dire Wolf. The fire could not out pace him as the rage took over his mind, and one goal formed in his head 'Slay the Killer of the Wolves'.

Chnage to wolf form, and attack him with everything I have. (3 MP)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 03:20:37 pm »

"Alright you son of a bitch, lets throw down" Weiss begins chanting the words to summon his little "secret project" he worked on at the collage, hopefully this time he would actually listen.

Summon a lich

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2012, 03:34:35 pm »

((Do we regain HP/MP between stages, or do we just jump straight into the next one?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »

OH! and I forgot to say this. I assume we will be doing this Japanese final boss style?  20+ stages while wondering why your enemy won't die?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:46 pm »

Probably :P

Tariq twirled his lucky arrow around twice, then fired it at the beast!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2012, 03:51:03 pm »

Hmm, probably three stages: Tel'ars Human - Casual, Tel'ars Human - Serious, Tel'ars -True Form, The Screaming One. I think I will refill HP/MP between stages, but it'll get harder each stage. Not only in terms of his HP amount, but how many attacks he gets a round, the size of his attack dice, what special attacks he can use, his immunities, etc. Right now for reference he has about 1,000 HP, two standard actions per round, rather small stat bonuses, and no immunities (so right now, movement based attacks will work. Probably up until the third stage, when he abandons any sort of identifiable form).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24