Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48882 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »

Malakai

Malakai raised an eyebrow at the empty place in the air where Tel'ars had left and gave a low whistle. "Well. That explains something," he said slowly, looking at the ruined buildings and broken streets with a new eye. "Tel'ars, also known in same parts of the world as Tekrusher. It's an outerworld entity, older than demonkind. It really shouldn't be able to manifest unless..." Malakai shrugged tiredly. "Well, unless pretty much everyone had lost hope."

Malakai favored the people he knew with a reproachful look, one that somehow managed to blame them for getting him into this mess in the first place. "There doesn't appear to be anything to be done for this," he said and gave the buildings a sweeping gesture, "and I for one am rather anxious to get back to purgatory so I can continue my work. At best we can send Telly back to the void, at worst, well, some of us are already acquainted with dead. What fear can we have now?"   

Qongqothwane

Knock-knock shivered once as the shambling dreamer entered. This was a dream, but dreams could be true... To dream the endtimes, to see the face of the devourer... Dark times fell always. The strangers wished to fight, and he would join them out of duty, but there could be no hope of victory.

Nightmares could not be banished with steel and fire.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:44 am »

"I..." Marcus looked sharply to Malakai. "Umm... sorry, Ritt. I couldn't control myself when I... y'know, killed you." He put his arms crossed on his chest in shame. "I really wish I weren't here. If I can't stand up to a simple abomination made by magic, how am I to survive... this? Although I'm not really here, am I? Because I'm..."

"Dead... You're dead, I killed you myself..." Zathyran raised a hand, eyes staring in wonder. "This must be a dream, right?" He said as he stepped forward, his hood sliding off his head. A second later than Marcus, he looked at the sword on his hip. Exactly the same. Not just copies, but exact. Down to the tiny nick near the guard. "Zath, you did what you had to. We've obviously been put here for a reason." Zathyran nodded, pulling out his grimoire, and flicked through the pages. Marcus waited, eyebrows raised, before Zathyran stopped and breathed deep, in preparation of the speech. "Tel'ars, The Shambling Dreamer, The Screaming One, a beast known only as an Eldritch Abomination, worse than near all others, is feared as a creature that-" "Devours everything, summoned when all hope is lost. Not much else is known to I, but should you ever encounter it, stay strong in faith, soul, mind and body, for surely that is the one way it is said that you will survive, if any is possible." Marcus finished, his eyes hard as Zathyran stood wordless. Slowly Zath closed his mouth. Of course Marcus, of all people, would be able to quote that book. He wrote it, after all.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:00 am »

April was shaken by that... that thing. "Wh-wwhat was THAT?!" She had whipped out hr rifle and was just pointing it at random places oh god where is it?!

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:48 am »

2 skillpoints for +2 to your preferred damage type (since you're a warlock, you'd probably want +2 with Magic Books, which would stack with the damage addition from your Warlock class evo)
2 skillpoints for +2 Accuracy
2 skillpoints for High Power Criticals (Basically, when your damage bonuses cause you to roll above 8 on damage, you deal an extra 25% per number rolled; 9=25%, 10=50%, etc. This causes the increase to start at 8 instead, so 8=+25%, 9=50%, 10=75%, etc.)
The last four skillpoints distributed among HP and MP to give yourself better survivability/more magic attacks.

Then I'll just stick with these.

Bryan looked around at the people he was accompanied by. Some faces he recognized from his father's tales, like the bearded monk Greenmore. However, some simply puzzled him such as the Witch Doctor beside him. Still more appeared to have been taken from the grip of death itself, he wondered if his father could have returned as well... but there was no time for moping. He looked at the group and simply stated, "I am Bryan Slade, perhaps you have heard of my name perhaps you have not, that is of no concern to me, all that matters is finding out the reason we have come here to combat this demon, this is obviously no city in Europa.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:30:18 am by Spartan »
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

Daniel looks around and scratches his head.

"This isn't any city that I recognise, and I've been across Europe and I have never seen anything like what is here."

He nudges the ruin of a car with his foot.

"What on earth is that? Some kind of machine?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 12:55:24 am »

"This here is a fiend to end all fiends, it goes darker than even Dracula does ... did? And if we don't fight it. well you see what happens here, Fighting and failing is better than not even attempting it." Alora starts heading towards the presence, encouraging the others to follow
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:48 am »

Something under Alora's foot almost tripped her, but as she regained her feet a voice came from the strange black item. Quickly, the she-wolf knelt and picked it up to listen. It was a man's voice, hollow and lifeless with a strange accent she didn't recognize, but identifiably human. It sounded distant.

No, honey, I don't know who that strange man was. What strange man? I didn't see him. What did he look like?

A pause. The lycanthropes could hear a few details of her description of the man; what little they heard definitely matched up to the being calling itself Tel'ars.

Maybe he's friendly. Maybe he's seen other people, or knows of a place where they're rebuilding society. Hey, I see him now. HEY! OVER HERE!

When next he spoke, he sounded considerably more worried, nervous, and frightened than he had before.

Christina, honey, go hide. OK? I want to talk to this man alone and see if he's friendly or not. Be a good girl, OK? Daddy's going to handle everything.

A sound of soft footsteps as the daughter retreated; heavier footsteps as the stranger approached. When the father next spoke, he sounded terrified, almost stuttering. Even those among the party with the greatest mental fortitude shivered in sympathy, imagining what it was like for a man unaccustomed to the hidden horrors of life to come face to face with something like the abomination and fearing that you were the only thing standing between it and your child. It seemed to hit Greenmoore the hardest.

Mister, I'm glad to see another human being out here. I thought I was the only one left. What's your name?

Depends on what I feel like being called... for now, let's say I'm So-zar.

Odd name, mister. Mine's Edgar Walton. Um, do you have any food or water? Have you seen anyone other than me out here?

You're the first living human I've seen in months, although trust me, I've been looking. One might almost even say I was... hunting... for them.

Tel'ars sounded amused. Ever the sarcastic one, Claire noted aloud the only thing worse than an eldritch horror from beyond time was one who was also a smug bastard that laughed at his own jokes.

And as for food, certainly. I have some right here.

Wh... what the fuck!? Ah! Help me!

April recognized the sound of a gun firing; it was high caliber, probably more powerful than anything she had ever carried. Amid the screams of pain and fear Alexander and Alora could make out an odd noise - a sort of slavering - and heavy objects hitting flesh. After a minute the gunfire ceased and rather loud chewing started; a moment more and the screams did as well, although the chewing continued. After a few seconds there was only the sound of the background static.

Now, about that little girl...

Heavy footsteps through the static, then silence again as the recording shut off.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:41:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:14 am »

Friar Greenmoore surveyed the end of the world with a slight frown. These odd buildings, strangely tall and thin-what was left of them. He imagined they might have had a beautiful grace to them, once...but this...thing...had torn many of them down where they parted the sky. Or his mind warned, perhaps the race of Men did it themselves. What sort of magic could wrought such destruction? He did not want to know. There was no time to mourn, not for this world-and somehow, he also realized that there must have still been small pockets of beauty, even here, even now.

He would have liked to walk upon this world, speak the good word, bring Hope to the Hopeless.

Friar Greenmoore could hear nothing but the cold wind, and shivered. He stooped down, picked up...a paper, of some sort. There were many papers, blowing around-all of them with writing. He couldn't exactly read this one (the words seemed disturbingly thin and somehow alien to him, as if not done by Human hand), but the pictures were enough. World on Fire. Marching Solders. A man on a pedestal, gesturing wildly. The End...

He had heard the tape, and let the paper blow in the wind-no doubt placed there for their benefit, and had it not the intended effect? Had he not made the same vows, the same promises to his own daughter? For a moment, he imagined himself as that person...maybe, he became that person. Strange thoughts went through his mind...

Everything is gone...

My wife, my mother, my father, my brother.

My job, my car, my home? pitiful in comparison, a drop in the sea. It's all gone.

But...I still have my daughter. This miserable world has burned to a cinder, Humanity is nothing but dust in the wind-but she's still here with me. And that's all that matters. As long as I have this little bit of light. As long as I can hear her laugh-though she doesn't do that much anymore, it's amazing that she still can...and, the grief, the pain, the despair? I can take it. I can, for her sake. I can endure.

But...

When I face this thing-So'zar always lies-I know it's over. Everything. I can't stop it. No. Hopeless. I fire blindly-knowing in my logical thoughts, that this poor weapon shall not cleave his flesh, that I will miss, that I will die. For a moment I grow angry-my heart says, these are not my thoughts. He is old, but he is still flesh-and I am a good shot. My father taught me to shoot. But, So'zar always lies...and....

It's hopeless. My will breaks before him. He uses images from my past-makes me relieve every moment of pain. I see my brother, crushed against the steering column of our car. My wifes bone frail hand, holding mine as she withers from the radiation. And, this will keep going-until I give up.

Eventually, I do. My weapons are truly ineffective.  I can't save her-I can't save myself. I can't save anyone.

God Forgive me.

There's not much of a struggle left. I try not to scream, for her sake...I know, maybe she can get away, but...

but...

I do. I scream, and So'zar screams with me. The last thing I see is his eyes-bored, hungry, still hungry...

A tear fell from Friar Greenmores eye onto the black stones that were the ground. He had never faced such an evil-the shock of it, beginning to erode the very stones that he had based his life upon.

He knew, this was world forsaken by God.

This was Hell.

And, who squatted on the remains....this beast. Tel'ars, he thought. A carrion bird, come to feed on the remnants of Humanity when it was weak. A pathetic King, squatting on a stolen throne. A liar...and in that lie, he was strong.

Greenmoore knew he would likely die here. Tel'ars was old, older than the stars-and to hope he had grown reckless after his long glut, was not likely. Yes, he would likely die. But not before giving the beast something to remember him by.

He spoke the words of his faith solemnly.

He asked for courage. He asked God to forgive the people of this world. He asked God for the strength to banish this darkness-or at least, to make sure his friends could escape, continue their quest.

Friar Greenmoore was afraid, though. Afraid Tel'ar would pluck his daughter-or, God no-his wife, from time or space. Bring them here. Hurt them. He was afraid that even thinking it might bring this into being.

He gripped his mace harder. No. He would destroy this thing before that happened. He reminded himself-the beast had brought them here, because...he couldn't come to them. It was not a God, not even close. Hope and faith, were power against his lies. In the end...this was just another monster.

And he would slay it, as he had done before. He caught a faint whiff from the scent of his crusaders vest-though, even know, it seemed to be fading. It reminded him of her.

Love. Hope. Faith.

Friar Greenmoore walked in shadows, but he felt the cross around his neck humming, and saw it glowing faintly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:53:04 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 07:12:55 am »

Weiss heard the recording, it echoed quite well in this dead and silent world.  "That son of a bitch, killing a little girl and a family..." Weiss looks like hes about to cry a bit, but then his face turns grim, and angry.  He begins walking to this "Time Square" to fight the demon.  He will pay for what he has done to this world, to his family of the future, and for any that had suffered at his hand.

Find Time Square, and once I arrive, summon a lich

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:30 am »

"Grrrrrrrrr" Harming a child, Alora detested a thinking being that did such a thing, the wolf  agreeing in this case, This went beyong reason and logic, to Alora, this was personal now
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:43 am »

Serrana turned her gaze upwards towards the heavens, and knelt down with a solemn expression. So there really was evil as damnable as this. Evil that corrupted and spread, ever-hungry and a consuming plague. She had thought, before she set out on her journey, that every person would matter in the fight against this evil. She took a moment to direct her view to those around her, before closing her eyes and facing downwards.

They were nineteen in all. Maybe men and women of great power, or just random individuals summoned by Tel'ars' hunger. The view of a sunny, vibrant day, eclipsed by the passing shadow swept through her mind in her mental eye. If this is what should happen, then how did this all really come to be? She stood up and opened her eyes while taking a deep breath. Whatever the reason of her existence here, it was tied along with the other eighteen. Death was eminent everywhere, and she knew that many by her side would meet theirs, her own included.

At Time's Square.

She checked her bow, hung safely by the strap on her back, along with the quiver of arrows; hand-crafted in her spare time. She wondered if these rudimentary weapons would fare well at a time like this. But they weren't here for sport, good always wins in the end. Was this the end?

Follow Alora

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2012, 08:56:17 am »

"Oh well this aint good now is it? lets see just how mighty you are "Death"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:59 am »

Bryan had already decided that this thing was not bound by the laws of morality. Killing a child was just a final insult to everything Bryan fought for. This Tel'ars was mighty, perhaps immortal. That did not matter to Bryan, he would fight no matter what. That's just who he was.

Move to Times Square
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:49 am »

Oh g-god... it'd killed every one. Every one. Even a little girl... ... ... ... April didn't want to die... but... that thing had to. And she would be safer in a group, right?
She followed the others.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:13 am »

Malakai

Malakai listened to the black box, a good spell certainly, finely crafted electrical magic. Not his personal choice for carrying a voice, but the enchantment still seemed quite serviceable. He sighed as the message concluded, it was sad yes, but it was a mere taste of pain compared to what must have come before.

"At least they're both dead," Malakai said in tone that managed to convey the idea that this was in fact a good thing. "No one make any sudden moves for a moment."

Dual cast my characteristic armor spell over the entire party, mix ice magic for the bulk of the armor and earth magic for strength.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24