Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48846 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2012, 04:42:05 am »

I believe Tarric Is Australian, so at the worst he is 2 hours behind me and he cant be ahead of me
He is  :)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:19 am »

I'm also aussie, and live on the east coast. I keep forgetting what time zone though...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

East coast means GMT +10 with me
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2012, 06:23:41 am »

Ugh. I've been busy installing new flooring into the house since Wednesday (looks nice, but it's draining and time-consuming work) and haven't had much time to mess with MapTools. In what spare time I've had I've tried to fix it, but neither Taricus nor Dwarmin were able to connect to me. I'll keep trying, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to figure this thing out. :\

If not, I guess I'll just work on the turn normally, but with a few changes I was going to make anyway. Since I prefer the macro (x) made to a bunch of rolls, I'll just be using that for rolls and dropping the skill/8s system entirely since it seems to confuse most newcomers. Instead everybody just has the skills they have and that's it; makes having a skill as a level-end reward slightly more valuable, and it's less work for me to keep up with anyway. I'm also considering locking initiative once it's been rolled; again, means less work, and it's D&D style so there's a precedent. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2012, 07:13:06 am »

You just had to talk about D&D, after i just had the most exciting session yet.

I am a druid, I was in eagle form and chasing down a runner (we were trying to rescue someone that our foes would kill out of spite), and then our sorcerer's familiar is killed. The sorcerer roleplays this by charging INTO MELEE WITH A GUY WITH A GREATSWORD, meanwhile our Rogue is trying to fend off wereboars. by the time i return from chasing the runner, our sorcerer is at -1 hp but stable, and our rogue was relatively fine but kinda-very surrounded, so he told me to go-ahead and drop my flame strike RIGHT ON-TOP OF HIM, saying that with evasion and his reflex save that he was fine.  So I go ahead and roll damage, outright killing the hobgoblin archers in the aoe (dindn't mention them because they were barely annoying next to the rest of the bad guys) and hurting the wereboars and the guy in armour (who was resistant to fire, but flame strike is only half fire) but go figure, the rogue rolls a 1 on his reflex save and my flame strike knocks him into negative hitpoints. Before my next turn, 2 of the wereboars attack the dying rogue and kill him, and the other wereboar starts snacking on the sorcerer too.  So i fly to where the rogue's body was and dropped my wild shape, and cast "Last Breath" on the rogue, which is a non-core reincarnation spell that is quicker and does not cost them a level, but has to be cast within a round of them dying. He comes back as a female pixie, and my intimidate roll makes the bad guys want my ass, I then procede to cast every spell i had that was even remotely defensive, combined with fighting defensively I had my at at 30, but to finish the fight i still had to use all but a single cure light wounds, and I finished with 5 hp left, I then used my last cure on our tinyfied rogue and emptied a potion into the mouth of the sorcerer. SO we are now at about 5hp each, out of pretty much all of my magic, 1 wild shape left for the day, and we can't stop to rest, because if we tarry they might get suspicious of thier missing comrades and kill the prisoner. Gonna be a fun session next time I can tell you
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

Sounds exciting. ^^^ Unfortunately for me there was no D&D for me Friday and no Star Wars for me yesterday. :( Ah, oh well. So do you play online or is it a group of people you meet with?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2012, 07:28:24 am »

It's in person, and the fight was so hard because our scout was sick, and our gm planed it to be a challenge for all four of us0

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2012, 07:31:41 am »

PnP and tabletop games are the only things that are made better by the addition of people.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2012, 07:32:58 am »

@wolfchild: Ah, makes sense.

@Darvi: Heh... no real counter-argument there...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2012, 07:36:03 am »

PnP and tabletop games are the only things that are made better by the addiction of people.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »

So, I would like to announce a success. I managed to host on MapTools b87 and Dwarmin can confirm it. :3 So... anybody have any images they would like to use for their characters and whatnot? If you don't have anything specific, I can find you something from my already-made pogs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2012, 05:14:11 pm »

I've got one I can use for Malakai, but I've got nothing to speak of on Qong.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2012, 05:17:21 pm »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:28 pm »

My avatar!
Because it's the same character!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59151152/Work/PowderMinerAprilEploc2.PNG
(I only have the link you gave me >.>)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:34:29 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »

Alright, here's Malakai, already converted for maptools.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24