Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easy leveling guide  (Read 1750 times)

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
Easy leveling guide
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »

Okay so I saw that a lot of people think that leveling throw, ambush, swimming, etc. is dull and monotonic. Actually you only need to check your adventurer after 10 or so mins (depends on attributes) to prevent dying from thirst.

Here is the guide:

Ambushing, swimming:

Activate sneak, jump in a pond, press the right arrow, gently put a rock on it, need to be heavy enough to hold it. Then do it with the left arrow.

Twrowing:

1. do this with "g", pick up, you need folded paper describen in the guide. Then do it with the "a". Important to do it right with more complex keys, you must hold them down, and not release them, like "a", becaus that will bring you to the announcements screen, or just reassing them to a more easy key.

2. Do this with "t", then "enter", it will throw until you run out of rocks. So most thing can be done with two rocks.

Important that the best rocks have a relatively flat bottom, and large enough to redistribute weight, in order to not push down unwanted keys. The tightly folded, key-size paper helps to manage only the desired key.
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easy leveling guide
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:25 pm »

Ooooooor you could just use macros (Ctrl+R, do your grinding action, press ctrl+r again, then press ctrl+u and specify how many times you want to repeat it).

Just saying.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

You can also use macros... another easy leveling tip is wielding a shield, grabbing gophers (or other small critter) then laying down and pressing ".........." just keep spamming "." which skips a turn and the gopher will bite you (which does basically no damage) and eventually you will block every attack. My adventure is legendary +6 shield user from that, and it also trains fighting.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »

You could make a macro that says "trow sharp stone at my feet, pick it up" and then just repeat that a million times

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:07 am »

Stones are easier.

Besides 40d has no macros to my knowledge.

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:14:44 am »

Stones are easier.

You didnt say that in your post :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

Stones are easier.

40d is horrible to play adventurer in, it gets boring incredibly fast compared to the current version.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

You shouldn't throw books in toilets.

Burning them is a better method of disposal, but it's a lot more noticeable and comes with certain social risks, depending on the book.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 11:44:48 am »

Lol, I knew somebody was going to say that, I should have reversed their position. By the way reading a book while leveling is the best thing to do, occasionally look up to see if your dude is dehydrated or not.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:39 pm »

You shouldn't throw books in toilets.

Burning them is a better method of disposal, but it's a lot more noticeable and comes with certain social risks, depending on the book.

you also shouldn't put cigarets into booze bottles while they are still lit.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 12:49:48 pm »

Stones are easier.

40d is horrible to play adventurer in, it gets boring incredibly fast compared to the current version.

So what should I play 31.25 or 34.02 (40d adventure is really boring yes).

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 01:24:46 pm »