Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bandit loyalty  (Read 936 times)

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
bandit loyalty
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:34:58 pm »

So there I was, fast traveling with my 200 strong zombie horde, most of them former bandits.

we were ambushed (again)

I thought nothing of it.  I looked around.
because my followers are so numerous, many of them started within striking distance of the enemy (suck it, bowmen)

What I was not expecting, however; was for the bandits to begin fighting with one another.

It seems that the humans, dwarves, and goblins comprising this merry band hate each other enough to ignore the zombie horde while they fulfill their bloodlust.
Amec Aditurot Zidoebka is ok with this.

on an unrelated note, when wielding multiple weapons, do you get a chance to block with each of them?

EDIT 2: there is no way of telling who is and is not hostile towards me.
there were at least 50 (closer to 70, I suspect) living things at the beginning.

this is kind of confusing.

EDIT 3: I have no companions. I thought I simply went over some limit, but it happened again when I got some new ones.  This battle is loooooong
I think the estimate of 70 was way too small.  I'm adjusting that to be at least 100.

some zombies have actually tried to attack me.  I fear this is making less and less sense.
this is weird.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:18:11 pm by roflgar »
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

Felgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bandit loyalty
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:10:16 pm »

there were at least 50 (closer to 70, I suspect) living things at the beginning.

I know for companions they are named when you use the l - look command to look at them and hostiles are simply called maceman, bowman, etc. So if you see 'Urist McCrud Maceman', he's a friendly. I don't know if zombies all have names, I assume they use the name of the dead guy/beast you raised, but I haven't played a necromancer yet so I'm not sure.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »

I know for companions they are named when you use the l - look command to look at them and hostiles are simply called maceman, bowman, etc. So if you see 'Urist McCrud Maceman', he's a friendly. I don't know if zombies all have names, I assume they use the name of the dead guy/beast you raised, but I haven't played a necromancer yet so I'm not sure.
that's because you talk to them and they gave you your name. bandits who scream out their name will also come up also. So you should make a habit of hitting the "c" button and checking if any of the names comes up, at best also zombies might retain some deep hatred for you if you happen to kill them or their friends that and their not 100% loyal to you and the ground you walk on.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:00 pm »

I had a very strange incident in my world.

I walk down to the dungeon with about 5 followers. Several bandits come out of the darkness....and proceed to walk right past me. Everytime I try to attack one, it asks "Are you sure you want to do that?" like I'm attacking a neutral or friendly.

After I attack one, it stops asking me that....yet bandits continue to ignore me, even when I'm the only viable target for them to attack. It goes on like this for 6 or 7 bandits, me killing them with impunity, before I finally encounter the commander. I have to actually lash out at him in combat BEFORE he'll declare who he is.

At that point, all the bandits start treating me like a legitimate target again. I have no idea what's going on, in the Legends the group of bandits are outcasts living under the city, and they'd previously attacked and killed another adventure of mine without any strangeness. I don't think it's that they were afraid of me, because after I killed the commander and encountered (yet more) bandits in the dungeon, they all attacked me normally.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 11:36:42 am »

nope, there were no named people other than my zombie companions.
they were all either
maceman (or w/e)
or dwarf/human/elf/goblin w/e
there was no way to tell which were friendly and which were hostile

the game crashed a little bit after all the carnage, so I might be able to recreate it.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »

there was no way to tell which were friendly and which were hostile

You might be able to tell based on what symbol is used. I'm pretty sure that your allies, and ONLY your allies, will use @ as their symbol (or one of their symbols, for zombies), whereas the other undead will just use the normal symbol for whatever they are.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:19 pm »

nope, they all used the regular symbols for whatever they were
the only @ were my zombies
-TerrisH