Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Husks and Stat Changes/Freezes  (Read 678 times)

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Husks and Stat Changes/Freezes
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »

So, at this point I've had two adventurers become husks in different circumstances in two different worlds. Speed hit? Check. Don't need to eat/sleep/breathe? Check. Durability? Check. Increased/frozen stats? Not check.

For some reason, I'm not getting the tripled (?) strength that other husks seem to get, and furthermore my stats don't freeze! It's cool that I can keep getting stronger after giving up my humanity, but low speed + regular strength + every living being going hostile = very short-lived Husks.

Anybody know what's going on?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: Husks and Stat Changes/Freezes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »

i think that instead of freezing your stats it gives you a stat limit. I had a vampire adventurer who raised his stats to a superhuman strength and agility and superior of all the other important stats, and then stopped... i didn't use dfusion to check the numbers to actually verify this, but i raised my toughness from average to superior, then brought swordsman, axeman, pikeman, knife user, maceman, and hammerman to legendary... and its still superior.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Husks and Stat Changes/Freezes
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »

i think that instead of freezing your stats it gives you a stat limit. I had a vampire adventurer who raised his stats to a superhuman strength and agility and superior of all the other important stats, and then stopped... i didn't use dfusion to check the numbers to actually verify this, but i raised my toughness from average to superior, then brought swordsman, axeman, pikeman, knife user, maceman, and hammerman to legendary... and its still superior.

That would be too bad, really. Other husks kick my ass every time...