Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Evil biome ‼SCIENCE‼.  (Read 13077 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil biome ‼SCIENCE‼.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 11:28:13 am »

Ah, okay. Well this shouldn't be too bad then. Is fever lethal or does it just make the dwarves feel like crap?
I think Fevers make your dwarves slower and may make their craft quality poorer. If you haven't seen any undead animals and you haven't seen any dead trees you probably don't have a zombie embark.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 11:29:59 am »

Ah, okay. Well this shouldn't be too bad then. Is fever lethal or does it just make the dwarves feel like crap?
I think Fevers make your dwarves slower and may make their craft quality poorer. If you haven't seen any undead animals and you haven't seen any dead trees you probably don't have a zombie embark.

I'll butcher a chicken outside and check real quick. Hopefully it IS a zombie area. If it isn't, I can still conduct tests with rains and evil clouds if any of those show up.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 11:31:38 am »

So im playing a partial evil biome and i have a little problem. THOSE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ARE MAGMA PROOF. My map flood with magma system doesnt work :( :(. So now i have a undead hill titan roaming around, along with 4 undead migrant waves "who are missing". This is becoming a major problem, only sieges are really really funny, because the army of undead is swimming in magma around my (aboveground) fort.
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

PTW.  I'm liking all the undead science threads.  You seem to focus more on zombies, necros, and thralls, rather than vampires, which is good.
I was thinking about making an all purpose vampire thread so there wouldn't be so many vampire threads, then I realized people who make the same thread over and over clearly don't read existing threads so I'd just be adding to the pile.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 11:34:06 am »

ARE MAGMA PROOF. My map flood with magma system doesnt work :( :(. So now i have a undead hill titan roaming around, along with 4 undead migrant waves "who are missing". This is becoming a major problem, only sieges are really really funny, because the army of undead is swimming in magma around my (aboveground) fort.

I added this theory to the OP! Thank you for reporting this!
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Elf Lover

• Bay Watcher
  • AAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 11:34:46 am »

1. Find an aquifer.
2. Pump it to the roof of your fortress.
3. Watch it flow.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!
Every Dwarf Fortress Fort is a concentration camp, only without the nazis.

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 11:42:51 am »

As far as making embarking easier, is it possible to take enough stone and make everyone masons and wall off the wagon? 

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 11:46:40 am »

As far as making embarking easier, is it possible to take enough stone and make everyone masons and wall off the wagon?

That is fully possible. I've been digging into the nearest wall or digging down though instead of walling off.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 11:49:25 am »

gaah! zombie kobalds remain trapavoid! ... close the doors! pull the levers! ... the door has been taken by enemy! ... they're inside, everyone, to arms!! ... aaaaa!!!
I confirm kobolds remain tricky little buggers after death and undeath.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:50 am »

I have a a magma flooding system already installed, but that doesnt kill em, just makes them !!zombies!!
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 12:21:00 pm »

it seems that the region I embarked in doesn't have undeath. Time to gen a new world!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:58 pm »

gaah! zombie kobalds remain trapavoid! ... close the doors! pull the levers! ... the door has been taken by enemy! ... they're inside, everyone, to arms!! ... aaaaa!!!

I am quite certain I have killed reanimated kobolds with traps...

... oh wait that must be why that kobold hand went through my trap system and strangled a sleeping dwarf to death.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

I am quite certain I have killed reanimated kobolds with traps...

... oh wait that must be why that kobold hand went through my trap system and strangled a sleeping dwarf to death.

So are you confirming that kobold zombies have trapavoid and lockpicking abilities?

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

Anybody know what to do with animal refuse? I need to get rid of my two pack animals, but I'm not sure how to dispose of the waste. Should I make a pit or what?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 12:57:39 pm »

Anybody know what to do with animal refuse? I need to get rid of my two pack animals, but I'm not sure how to dispose of the waste. Should I make a pit or what?
Dig a pit with a lever operated hatch, designate it as a dump and have all your zombie fodder put on it. Make sure the lever is outside the pit room.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7