Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infinite Spring, Personal Wells, and Other Bugs  (Read 627 times)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite Spring, Personal Wells, and Other Bugs
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:58:54 am »

After returning from killing a couple cursed peasants (I LOVE this new version) I go to the well for a drink. It comes up frozen. I think this is a bit strange, seeing as its pretty warm out, but I decided to work with it. Chipping it out of the bucket, I started a campfire nearby and melted it.  Then something strange happened. Melting 3 ice made 3 water, simple enough. I picked it up (which was funny, but OK), however when I tried to drink it I pushed [d] instead of [e]. I always make that mistake, and now everything in my backpack was on the ground. I started gathering it all back in when I noticed that there was only one water, but it was pretty much an infinite source, like rocks. I could pick it up as many times as I wanted to. If I had wanted, I could have made this spring in the middle of the forest, leaving me the option of avoiding wells completely.

So is this a bug? If so which part? Should I be able to pick up water as a unit like I pick up Ice and rocks? And is it supposed to behave as a terrain feature (meaning it's infinite, with no depletion after picking it up)? Or is this just a really cool feature so that we can create our own personal well?
Addendum: Just after posting this, I went to sleep in a small village nearby. I woke up on the roof of the house I slept in.  When I tried to jump down to the road, I landed wrong and broke my neck, killing my adventurer.  Anyone had this happen to them?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:06:31 pm by Armeleon »
Playing since 2007

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Spring, Personal Wells, and Other Bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:52:06 pm »

Yeah, I've already mentioned this several times as well. Quantum puddles are probably not supposed to happen, so yeah, I'd say bug. Or 'useful feature', if you aren't a vampire.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »

I've woken up on the roof before, but I didn't want to jump down, so I hit the fast travel button, moved one tile, and was safe and sound on the ground.  :P
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

I've woken up on the roof before, but I didn't want to jump down, so I hit the fast travel button, moved one tile, and was safe and sound on the ground.  :P

Smart. I should have thought of that. He was one of my favorites :(. I know better now.

Also, thanks for the update. I did a search for ice and water, but not for quantum puddles. I'm glad to know it's not just me.
Playing since 2007

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

Happened to my first adventurer, even took a pic way back when. Posting it again, I'm up to three times now ha!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)