No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359846 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1680 on: October 09, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

Regarding - we are heartless computer program and should attack

It's not quite true, we should look for the most useful decisions. and trade with moonies may be much more beneficial to humanity, then war. Especially if we consider all risks

Indoctrinate them into our culture and eventually (over many generations) they will be integrated in with us into one

That never worked well, that's a sure way to get rebels for... forever

There are many reasons why we shouldn't attack moonies here

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »

@10ebbor10

bird flu is a virus, they shove antibiotics into the feed. the virus wouldn't become immune to the scant number of antivirals we have as a result of that.
Other bacteria do. It was kind of a misplaced argument.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 10, 2012, 01:55:32 pm »

IDEA! we build a place the moonies can go, float in in suits, meet with them then float out. space/radiation kills germs, we all happy, and the moonies like us more for bending over sideways to help them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 10, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »

IDEA! we build a place the moonies can go, float in in suits, meet with them then float out. space/radiation kills germs, we all happy, and the moonies like us more for bending over sideways to help them.
Space is actually pretty bad a killing germs, and the radiation is background most of the time, and at spikes humans shouldn't be outside. I propose we use the standard decontamination procedure. Ie, alcohol sprays, Strong UV lights and incineration.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:05 pm »

what? germs dont need air?!?!?! shows how idiotic i am... but still...
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 10, 2012, 02:20:28 pm »

Not all of them do. However even those that do are capable of hibernating or surviving on the air they stored in the cells, or the air that clings to the suits.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1686 on: October 10, 2012, 02:46:55 pm »

Basically the simpler an organism the harder to kill it is, this isn't always true, but it is most of the time.

Also player to Moonie discussions? You really should because it will give you a pretty big hint about them.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 10, 2012, 03:03:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure viruses don't need air at all. I far as I know, they do not perform any chemical reactions at all, so they basically require absolutely nothing in order to "live."

Viruses are weird. They're basically just a canister with genetic information inside. When they bump into a cell, they insert their genetic information. Thats literally all they do. They don't produce or consume anything.

Of course, we don't even know what is responsible for the alien plague. Its likely a lifeform so alien to us, that it won't even fit in any human classification.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:45 pm »

i still like the idea with the suits and such..
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 10, 2012, 03:22:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure viruses don't need air at all. I far as I know, they do not perform any chemical reactions at all, so they basically require absolutely nothing in order to "live."

Viruses are weird. They're basically just a canister with genetic information inside. When they bump into a cell, they insert their genetic information. Thats literally all they do. They don't produce or consume anything.

Of course, we don't even know what is responsible for the alien plague. Its likely a lifeform so alien to us, that it won't even fit in any human classification.
Luckily, viruses won't be transferable between us and the moonies. The odds of that are immensily small.

i still like the idea with the suits and such..
Suits are dangerous. Punctures and such. I propose we keep with a glass wall situation for now. Humans on one side, Moonies on the other. That way neither us nor them can feel threatened(be threatened). It also prevents them from feeling imprissoned. (Ie, we being able to go where they can't).

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1690 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:39 pm »

They won't feel imprisoned if you kept them cell dude.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 10, 2012, 04:56:50 pm »

suits with so many layers that we cant destroy them with our weapons? i believe i asked that we develop such things... so many uses.....
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 11, 2012, 10:09:28 am »

suits with so many layers that we cant destroy them with our weapons? i believe i asked that we develop such things... so many uses.....
That's the definition of a tank. And I believe we didn't develop this, and I'm not even sure it was suggested.

So yeah, glass wall situation. Moonies get a part of the station, including their ship, we get the other part. Besides, we can't even talk to each other. We don't understand their language, and they don't know ours. The only thing we both know is a primitive light sign language.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 11, 2012, 02:29:30 pm »

we can't even talk to each other. We don't understand their language, and they don't know ours. The only thing we both know is a primitive light sign language.
Thats true, if we do want to let them stick around, we should probably learn their spoken language and/or teach them ours. We don't even know if they have a verbal language! What we have now is basically their version of Morse code.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 11, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »

it was sujested. ill go find it. and i REALLY cant spell
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 117