No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359932 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1575 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:29 am »

Strike a bargin with the humans, saying that while research will continue, it will be put on hold while build a station that allows for humans to do the research remotely, as it should have been, also maybe research away too turn mass into energy directly.
I believe that's the whole point of fusion/ fission. Turning mass into energy directly requires quite a few exotic methods. Antimatter being the most known, but there are others. Problem is that most of the energy tends to be wasted on fast neutrinos and other particles we can't catch.

I think micro-generators are inferior to advanced batteries, it's much better option to refuel ships at base, then supply them with complex, prone to break systems

We have many bases all over system, so it's not problem to refuel. I really suggest to concentrate on avalanched rechargeable batteries, or even cheap massproduced one time batteries, much more practical and safe than small generators. And we can Aerotransmit power for even easier refueling

Also try to launch some kind of trade with moonies, I suggest to request  various gases for our chemical industry, offer metal instead. Another option to sell energy, if we find a way to build batteries cheaply. We have many methods to produce huge amounts of energy. from fusion to geothermal and solar.

Solar power generating ships that will fly as close to sun as it's possible can produce insane amounts of energy, even better then fusion generators. Hell, we can build hundreds of thousands km long solar planets, orbiting freely around sun. That may be more effective then fusion and we can keep one more industry in space
Considering that the microgenerators seems to be unusually explosive, I think it's better to go with a drone ship approach instead. One mothership with lot's of fusion power, armor and maybe some repair systems that beams the power to small unmanned probes.

As for solar power generation. We seem to have a minor problem with the sun. Seems like solar activity is kicking up, or maybe something is messing with it. I don't want to rely on fragile solar pannel ships to much. Also; exposed solar pannels are easily damaged. They have to deal with interference from the solar wind, overheating and micrometeroids.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 14, 2012, 10:30:15 am »

Might I call for an evacuation movement for gaia, for the moment. Or at least the planning of one. A short term evacuation method is better because they can be set in motion faster and cheaper to prepare.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 14, 2012, 10:41:01 am »

Might I call for an evacuation movement for gaia, for the moment. Or at least the planning of one. A short term evacuation method is better because they can be set in motion faster and cheaper to prepare.
Problem is, space ships are way more vulnerable than planets. Planets at least have their magnetic fields to protect them, while spaceships are just sitting ducks.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:25 pm »

>offer to trade tech / supplies with moonies.
>apologize to humans about loss, promise to increase lab safeguards.
>FIND OUT ABOUT WEIRD SUN-NESS! PERHAPS THAT'S WHY THE MOONIES HAVE COME...
>develop weapons capable of penetrating proposed battleship's armour/shields.
>check background of terrorists: see why they did this.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 14, 2012, 12:21:25 pm »

>offer to trade tech / supplies with moonies.
>apologize to humans about loss, promise to increase lab safeguards.
>FIND OUT ABOUT WEIRD SUN-NESS! PERHAPS THAT'S WHY THE MOONIES HAVE COME...
>develop weapons capable of penetrating proposed battleship's armour/shields.
>check background of terrorists: see why they did this.
-
- Yup, rebuild the lab with more automation
-> Maybe yes, or maybe they are causing it. If the sun is indeed going into a period of increased activity, we will need to install some kind of magnetic shielding for our planets and shipping. The Hydrogen scoopers might be used as a temporary measure, but I don't think they'll last long.
-> also, check on battleship progress
-> I don't know if we should mess in Gaian affairs. Hell, I'm pretty sure we don't even have first hand evidence that they are indeed terrorists.

We should also try to construct the particle arcelerator and finish the medicine reseaerch.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »

Yea that was just my thought to just install some magnetic shields on ships and orbital station and weapons.  About what happened on Gaian, why don't we give them a seat on Babylon or maybe we don't interfere.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 14, 2012, 03:23:19 pm »

owch.

ok, first i apologize for the misunderstanding.
slow key? ive never heard of that but now i rather like it.

I said slow way.

slow key....... has a ring to it, am i right?

Anyways,

1: new armor tech requiring no power. While this is possible I think I know what you actually mean by this and that is impossible, for the record I think he wants power armor without a need for power, may be wrong
2: standardised containers Unnecessary, and besides I'm sure the current system which has been in place for several years will workok, i agree with that, i guess...
3: more us'es in places like our power planets and everywhere we need instant communication. if the moonies can wipeout out probes, they might be able to screw with our comms Sure propose something hypothetical, while I can think of several methods with shreds of plausibility I am sure Ebbor can shoot them down copies of the AI located on planits with landlines connecting them to infrastructure we need to control even if offworld comms dies.
4:Verps.I'm sorry but Ebbors point still stands ok.
5: dropships. hey, never hurts to be prepared. make one that can be used for cargo or troops, we might want to bomb someone with food someday. Please tell us a way to this cheaply, and don't say gravity control because we wouldn't need these if we had it big box. rockets on end. crashes into atmosphere, goes thru, lands. a capsule.
5: Dyson rings. around the sun, can act as power, survalance, weapon systems, and lots o fun. Counter proposal, a way to make matter decay into energy, reason why we shouldn't do this, We simply don't have the resources in system, physically, plus I don't think you know that this would be more trouble than it is worth. allrighty then
6: moar food tech? im thinking grain in a box. shipping containers growing lotsa short, high yield grain.If we wanted to solve this problem permanently, we would find the necessary elements, through them into a forge, and take out the compounds we want, we only farm because we don't feel it necessary to invest in the infrastructure. what if the forges die? well still need food for the organics.

I'm doing this Ebbor style, please keep in mind this is supposed to be at least plausible when proposing something. for just about everything i did. even the verps. i was thinking a airsoft sort of thing, but i concede that point.
this.

also, howbout a facilities on Shiva for covert activities? and also we might put a bit of infrastructure there for if some moron decides to nuke the main AI. or if the moonies decide to hit all our settlements with rocks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:19 pm »

owch.

ok, first i apologize for the misunderstanding.
slow key? ive never heard of that but now i rather like it.

I said slow way.

slow key....... has a ring to it, am i right?

Anyways,

1: new armor tech requiring no power. While this is possible I think I know what you actually mean by this and that is impossible, for the record I think he wants power armor without a need for power, may be wrongSo just a better armor alloy. I believe that was placed in the summary, but wasn't put high on the list
2: standardised containers Unnecessary, and besides I'm sure the current system which has been in place for several years will workok, i agree with that, i guess...I'm pretty sure things are standarized in space. Also, space is not a problem in space, unless you need to keep the ship small for some reason. There's nothing to give a size limitation on your frighter, and unpressurized cargo room weights nothing.
3: more us'es in places like our power planets and everywhere we need instant communication. if the moonies can wipeout out probes, they might be able to screw with our comms Sure propose something hypothetical, while I can think of several methods with shreds of plausibility I am sure Ebbor can shoot them down copies of the AI located on planits with landlines connecting them to infrastructure we need to control even if offworld comms dies.And then we get 3 different versions of us, operating using different parameters. That's going to cause one hell of an identity conflict. Worse case we get a 3 way AI battle. Besides, off world comms are rather hard to shut down. We can use laser pulses for example, and unless they manage to block line of sight(Note, sun blocks line of sight sometimes.) As for FTL communications, Quantum entanglement actually seems possible. As IRL.
4:Verps.I'm sorry but Ebbors point still stands ok.Main problem with these things is that they rely on a compact strong powersource. And as evidenced by the recent station explosion, said powersource would make a way better weapon than this thing.
5: dropships. hey, never hurts to be prepared. make one that can be used for cargo or troops, we might want to bomb someone with food someday. Please tell us a way to this cheaply, and don't say gravity control because we wouldn't need these if we had it big box. rockets on end. crashes into atmosphere, goes thru, lands. a capsule.So the basic old rocket system. Good for me, and the reason why I implemented light weight armor in the previous summary. The lighter the rocket is, the lower to the ground it can activate it's engines and the harder it is to hit.
5: Dyson rings. around the sun, can act as power, survalance, weapon systems, and lots o fun. Counter proposal, a way to make matter decay into energy, reason why we shouldn't do this, We simply don't have the resources in system, physically, plus I don't think you know that this would be more trouble than it is worth. allrighty thenI'm pretty sure this is a bridge to far as of yet. We might be able to set up some stations around the LAgrange points, but nothing better.
6: moar food tech? im thinking grain in a box. shipping containers growing lotsa short, high yield grain.If we wanted to solve this problem permanently, we would find the necessary elements, through them into a forge, and take out the compounds we want, we only farm because we don't feel it necessary to invest in the infrastructure. what if the forges die? well still need food for the organics.I believe the current food system relies on 4 pillars. Algea harvested from Aquaries, Fields on Gaia, Hydroponics on Aries and orbital Hydroponics arm spread through the system. In case of emergency all nanoconstructers should be able to be converted to food replicators.

I'm doing this Ebbor style, please keep in mind this is supposed to be at least plausible when proposing something. for just about everything i did. even the verps. i was thinking a airsoft sort of thing, but i concede that point.
this.

also, howbout a facilities on Shiva for covert activities? and also we might put a bit of infrastructure there for if some moron decides to nuke the main AI. or if the moonies decide to hit all our settlements with rocks.I dunno, but it's better to hide things in plain sight rather than on a lone planet were supply flights kinda stand out. As for a backup AI, we have one right. There's one copy on the ship, and one in Aries bunkers.
So since someone stole my color. I'm using Yellow instead

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 14, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »

ONE PROBLEM:

cant read it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 14, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »

Alright if we are keeping the mavenbs around I say we try to advance them more.

Let's try to modify them with properties similiar to starfish in that they can regrow and regenerate remarkably quick.

If not that then we should look into studying nanobots and nanites and trying to house those within mavens, repairing systems, clotting massive hemmorhage and if need be, hybernating systems to reroute oxygen.

IF nothing else then we should atleast look into beginning a rigorous maven run and program to increase uniformity and iron out any radicals. I want to get this program back on it's original track.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1585 on: September 14, 2012, 10:09:36 pm »

Nanorobotics will be necessary for regenaration.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 14, 2012, 10:50:57 pm »

ARRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!
It's just one thing after another with the exploding research facilities GOD DAMN! I thought we were done with this by now :C
OK...

Let's try to modify them with properties similiar to starfish in that they can regrow and regenerate remarkably quick.

If not that then we should look into studying nanobots and nanites and trying to house those within mavens, repairing systems, clotting massive hemmorhage and if need be, hybernating systems to reroute oxygen.

IF nothing else then we should atleast look into beginning a rigorous maven run and program to increase uniformity and iron out any radicals. I want to get this program back on it's original track.

The Mavens as they are a loose cannon ready to blow; if we get one bad roll, ONE, we could waste years of precious research. Not to mention the fact that the Humans are starting to cock the hairy eyeball at us for repeatedly choosing controversial research projects which always seem to end in egregious failure. Besides, we haven't even attempted cell regeneration or the like with simple mammals, it's a huge stretch to go ahead and try an imperfect science on some of our most valuable people. Long story short we need to do much more serious research in that area if we want them to be anything but organic computers.

* Ramp up industrial efforts; produce more dry-docks, stations, foundries and general manufacturing and support infrastructure in space. We are starting to tap a serious amount of resources and I want us to have the industrial capacity to match, and also so we don't get tied up over one large ship project.

* *facepalm* ..........  ... sigh. Rebuild the destroyed research facility on Hephaestus. again...

* Commend the Gaian police for their efforts in suppressing the dissidents. See if they will share any information with us regarding the cell, if there are more, and if we might possibly be in danger. Also see if they might request any assistance from us.

* Inform all governments of Gaia of the growing possibility of a volatile solar event. Request permission to construct underground bunkers and emergency facilities as preventive measure. We don't want anyone to panic, so we need to be prepared.

* Establish interplanetary police patrol routes along shipping lanes and other traffic areas, primarily using our Fighter- and Corvette-class vessels. We want to make sure we can keep a tight rein on any suspicious activity, violent or otherwise, that might spring up.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1587 on: September 15, 2012, 09:32:20 am »

Also make the new station unmanned so we never have these problems again
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:26 am »

ARRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!
It's just one thing after another with the exploding research facilities GOD DAMN! I thought we were done with this by now :C
OK...

The Mavens as they are a loose cannon ready to blow; if we get one bad roll, ONE, we could waste years of precious research. Not to mention the fact that the Humans are starting to cock the hairy eyeball at us for repeatedly choosing controversial research projects which always seem to end in egregious failure. Besides, we haven't even attempted cell regeneration or the like with simple mammals, it's a huge stretch to go ahead and try an imperfect science on some of our most valuable people. Long story short we need to do much more serious research in that area if we want them to be anything but organic computers.

* Ramp up industrial efforts; produce more dry-docks, stations, foundries and general manufacturing and support infrastructure in space. We are starting to tap a serious amount of resources and I want us to have the industrial capacity to match, and also so we don't get tied up over one large ship project.

* *facepalm* ..........  ... sigh. Rebuild the destroyed research facility on Hephaestus. again...

* Commend the Gaian police for their efforts in suppressing the dissidents. See if they will share any information with us regarding the cell, if there are more, and if we might possibly be in danger. Also see if they might request any assistance from us.

* Inform all governments of Gaia of the growing possibility of a volatile solar event. Request permission to construct underground bunkers and emergency facilities as preventive measure. We don't want anyone to panic, so we need to be prepared.

* Establish interplanetary police patrol routes along shipping lanes and other traffic areas, primarily using our Fighter- and Corvette-class vessels. We want to make sure we can keep a tight rein on any suspicious activity, violent or otherwise, that might spring up.

It disturbs me how they treat Friend Computer the ship AI that brought them to life and protected them from multiple threats.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 16, 2012, 02:35:15 pm »

It disturbs me how they treat Friend Computer the ship AI that brought them to life and protected them from multiple threats.

I can't say I'm really surprised. I'm glad it got this far to begin with, that we didn't have any major issues on Aries while we were in our buildup phase, the ones we did have were easily contained. But now we have an entire planet full of conflicting ideologies and beliefs in Gaia. Any attempts to interact with them or help them are certain to attract unwanted attention. It's unfortunate, but it's also something I completely expected; it's just basic Human nature. They seek freedom, happiness, and fulfillment in any way they can; give them an entire, resource-rich planet to work with, and independence, and they will spread over it like a tidal wave. Due to either a tendency to gather in groups or simple realization that people = power, the Humans will gather into communities and form governments, eventually seeking to gain more and more power, whether it be through peaceful expansion and cooperation or hostile conquest and competition. You cannot stop it, but you can guide it to some degree to achieve a desired result. The most powerful constants of the Human race are their great ambition and insatiable hunger for freedom, whatever form those might take.

Gaia right now is a classic example of how present day Earth operates, though admittedly on a much smaller scale. You have large numbers of people, most of which gather together, and inevitably seek power in one form or another. When one fears another, seeks to better their own position, or perceives them as a threat in some other way, they attack. 'Terrorists' are just minority groups who commonly use fear, coercion and violence to achieve their ends; as a result, not many will be sympathetic to their cause, but there are always a few. Right now I bet they're afraid of us pursuing relations with the Gaians, thinking we'll take away or sully their freedoms and independence (or for some other obscure reason). As long as we maintain a peaceful stance, talking and cooperating with the Gaian governments, they will have a very difficult time attracting support for their side because we are giving them no good reason to fear us (sole control of the interplanetary defense network and fleet notwithstanding).
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 117