No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 359952 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1545 on: September 10, 2012, 10:40:14 am »

>yea do the particle accelerator plus either build it on Hephaestus or Shiva.
>continue with Aries terraforming by using small scale explosives to break apart the ice and shoot the ice with the orbital lasers to melt it.

About the mavens what is the purpose of even killing them? They are probably are best scientist, plus the reason why there not doing anything because have we even ask them to do make any new inventions. They are probably busy making more innovations then making anything new.
Not on Shiva. We don't have the nesseceray energy infrastructure there. I suppose Hephaestus orbit is a nice place, as this is a rather large project.

Also; Veto against any genocidal actions against minorities in the population.

The Mavens(there are enough to form small communities), are the driving force between our research and medical centers. They have been around for quite some time, so I suppose the public knows. Seen as there are no real protests, and they once were humans, they are probably accepted as humans. It's no good PR to suddenly eradicate an entire minority, how small it might be.

Wait what's the accelerator for, production of antimatter or science, or both, we could probably build a fusion reactor for energy, and also I think we should spread more projects like the Mavens because transhumans are a good thing.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 10, 2012, 10:44:09 am »

The arcelerator was designed for science; Ie research into Ultraheavy stable elements (Ie, stuff with proton numbers like 156, and more). It can also be used for the production of antilmatter, and some other stuff.

While it is true we can build fusion generators easily. There's no reason for us to put it in the middle of nowhere when we can just build it on Hephaestos, or maybe around Aries/ Aquarius.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 10, 2012, 10:50:15 am »

The Mavens(there are enough to form small communities), are the driving force between our research and medical centers. They have been around for quite some time, so I suppose the public knows. Seen as there are no real protests, and they once were humans, they are probably accepted as humans. It's no good PR to suddenly eradicate an entire minority, how small it might be.

I agree. in fact, i think there should be a Dune style Maven program. Allowing anyone to try out to become a Maven, but they still have to go through a rigorous series of physical test to make sure that they have what it physically takes. Then Have them do several mental examinations, shadow a Maven for a month, maybe, to learn what they are like, And then a final mental test to see if they are compatible.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:33 am »

I agree. in fact, i think there should be a Dune style Maven program. Allowing anyone to try out to become a Maven, but they still have to go through a rigorous series of physical test to make sure that they have what it physically takes. Then Have them do several mental examinations, shadow a Maven for a month, maybe, to learn what they are like, And then a final mental test to see if they are compatible.
We should watch out with such tests though. Every added MAven changes the personality of the whole. Don't want them to become militarized or something.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:15 pm »

DONE!

subsystem 12451-852326 booting...
booting...
booted.

ok, here we go on endless rants!

1: build more bunkers for our AI to be. Aries is all well and good but what if we get shut out? i think we want have copes on all of our inhabited planets, except possibly Gaea.
2: solar-powered airships for transport. on all human populated planets. see Helios Airships. site was down when i checked........
3: hardened gear. no droiding for our troops!
4: electronic memory in humans. see Pandora's Star for info on that.
5: handheld mass drivers. running out of ammo is not fun. so just chuck rocks!
6: DROPSHIPS/PODS. what happens if Gaea turns nasty and we cant get in shuttles?
7: dwarf fortress anyone?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 10, 2012, 06:14:11 pm »

I strongly oppose any violent action against the Mavens without just reason, but adding additional Mavens to the program without fully understanding what we're getting into here would be dangerous as well. Attempting to modify them seems to affect the entirety of the others due to the gestalt effect (transmitting information in an area around the subject), so we shouldn't try to turn them into supersoldiers or anything without knowing exactly what we're doing. tl;dr -- this area needs more research.

Aside from that, however... LET THERE BE !!SCIENCE!!

Power
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Medicine/Biological

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1551 on: September 10, 2012, 06:30:06 pm »

I don't mean more Mavens specifically, but more superhumans, maybe implant quantum computers into people so they think smarter and faster.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:15 pm »

DONE!

subsystem 12451-852326 booting...
booting...
booted.

ok, here we go on endless rants!

1: build more bunkers for our AI to be. Aries is all well and good but what if we get shut out? i think we want have copes on all of our inhabited planets, except possibly Gaea.
2: solar-powered airships for transport. on all human populated planets. see Helios Airships. site was down when i checked........
4: electronic memory in humans. see Pandora's Star for info on that.
5: handheld mass drivers. running out of ammo is not fun. so just chuck rocks!
6: DROPSHIPS/PODS. what happens if Gaea turns nasty and we cant get in shuttles?
7: dwarf fortress anyone?

1. Yeah we could this but we are in a bunker deep in the ground, but it doesn't hurt to try.

2. This idea is irrelevant currently, do your really want to give Gaea the ability to kill each other more effectively. This is currently useless on Aquarius due to only one human settlement, but maybe this would be good on Aries once we terraform it more.

3. Yea this doesn't hurt to be made

4. Electronic memory for Maven

5. Wait till we get miniaturized fusion reactors that are able to be used in small arms.

6. Dropships may be effective, maybe we can make specialized shock trooper droids.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:51:19 pm by jaass »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:18 am »

Discussion still seems to be relatively lively, so I'm going to wait until things die down a bit before I post. Interesting stuff. Glad to have the new players aboard.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 11, 2012, 10:19:35 am »

2: solar-powered airships for transport. on all human populated planets. see Helios Airships. site was down when i checked........We have nearperfect aerotransmission of energy. Meaning that we don't need this. Solar pannels are heavy and expensive. It's much easier to construct a light airship that is provided with power from a highly effective ground fusion power plant. For combat situations, on board fusion would be easier than solar power, which is not always reliable.
4: electronic memory in humans. see Pandora's Star for info on that.Normal memory seems to work well enough, and we don't want to have anyone's brains hacked.
5: handheld mass drivers. running out of ammo is not fun. so just chuck rocks!Except you know, mass drivers can't just sling anything. For a magnetic based one, your projectile needs to be composed of rather pure metal or have some attached supermagnets. You can use explosives too, but then you just got a regular gun.
6: DROPSHIPS/PODS. what happens if Gaea turns nasty and we cant get in shuttles?Bombardement from above. It's really hard to secure an entire planets surface. It's also really easy to shoot down anything during reentry, if it's within range. Armour and shields ain't going to help much. If Gaia turns nasty, we'll bombard critical air defense installations, and then land on the now unsecured ground.
7: dwarf fortress anyone?No metagaming.

I strongly oppose any violent action against the Mavens without just reason, but adding additional Mavens to the program without fully understanding what we're getting into here would be dangerous as well. Attempting to modify them seems to affect the entirety of the others due to the gestalt effect (transmitting information in an area around the subject), so we shouldn't try to turn them into supersoldiers or anything without knowing exactly what we're doing. tl;dr -- this area needs more research.

Aside from that, however... LET THERE BE !!SCIENCE!!

Power

Medicine/Biological
+1 for miniature fusion. We should be cautious though.Due to the nessecairy compactness of the design, pressure in the reactor must be much higher than in a conventionall reactor, high enough to explode rather than implode. The classical tomakak won't work here. It'll most likely be similair to the design at the National Ignition facility, where you just detonate a small amount of compressed hydrogen every so often, rather than a constant reaction.

Just spread this for all plants. Having multiple biomedicins should be usefull, and maybe we can synthesize our ozn using nanobots.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 11, 2012, 07:08:10 pm »

the handheld mass drivers i meant are from starwars... verps.

dwarves was a bit silly, i know.

dropships are still usefull...... bunkers.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:54 pm »

Well, things seem to be slowing down discussion-wise, so I'll try to slap together a post in the next day or so. Be on the lookout!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:05 pm »

Idea: Transporter technology

No, we are not going to be transporting people like Star Trek but instead we use it for food storage and mics. storage. We can basically store large amounts of food or other items in a really small space and maybe we can cut down on transportation of food but just sending data bursts to the destination we want.

-
we should probably wait on building the particle accelerator since we are probably going to be strained on resources with all these other project that are happening.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 12, 2012, 07:03:52 pm »

ohohohohohohoh! standardized containers!
Highly Opinionated Fool

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1559 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

Idea: Transporter technology

No, we are not going to be transporting people like Star Trek but instead we use it for food storage and mics. storage. We can basically store large amounts of food or other items in a really small space and maybe we can cut down on transportation of food but just sending data bursts to the destination we want.

-
we should probably wait on building the particle accelerator since we are probably going to be strained on resources with all these other project that are happening.

First of all agricultural methods and administrative methods have come a long a way probably, especially when you consider the reduced human population, also we already have this, its called a nanofactory, also if things got really bad they would've left before they could get that bad (the people) or you know froze themselves, or maybe they would have realized that they were doing something wrong and corrected it. Also no the accelerator should be built, in fact if we really want to use for anything beyond science we will probably need more, and we can do this because we have nanofactories.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 117