No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360068 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1425 on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »

Code: [Select]
Subroutine 10.ebbor.10, there may be hostile species in deeper caverns, recommend full study before colonization.
To all subroutines: Did we or did we not deal with the Asteroid belt nanites referred to in observation listed before?

OBSERVATION-URGENT
Nanites that were launched towards asteroid that would've affected Aquarius, missed, and landed in asteroid belt haven't been dealt with.  Perhaps caused earlier hostilities.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 03, 2012, 03:29:03 pm »

Code: [Select]
Subroutine 10.ebbor.10, there may be hostile species in deeper caverns, recommend full study before colonization.
To all subroutines: Did we or did we not deal with the Asteroid belt nanites referred to in observation listed before?
I think we tried, but we could never find them. But I don't know. I don't really feel like going back through the past almost 100 pages to check...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 03, 2012, 07:58:35 pm »

I remember it passed outside the elliptical of the system harmlessly. The universal consensus was that if the pod did cause a problem in the future, it would not be in our solar system. So we've probably ruined somebody's day (or advanced their technology more than 200 years), but we don't need to worry about it now.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 07, 2012, 08:50:05 pm »

Electronic emissaries are sent to every city-state on Gaia, asking for permission to set up an orbital diplomatic embassy in order to provide structure for conflict and negotiation in cases of war. Surprisingly, not a single objection is filed, even from the smaller anarchist and religious splinter groups. It seems that the AI is viewed in a benevolent light, given its role in settling the system. The stability that the station will provide is looked upon with anticipation.

Construction begins immediately, and is well progressed by the end of the month. While the fleet flies sorties by the new construction, named Babylon, no real issues occur that are of any note. Diplomats should begin arriving next month in temporary quarters, and be able to begin negotiations shortly thereafter.

Research on Hephaestus is directed towards a hydrogen scooper capable of harvesting hydrogen from the sun. While material science has advanced significantly in the years that the system has been colonized, the rigors of heat and gravity required for such a design leaves both scientists and Mavens baffled for the moment. Thankfully, hydrogen is relatively plentiful in several of the asteroids, and several other locations in the system outside of the star.

On Aries, ice is melted using the orbital lenses, but an engineering mishap results in several million gallons of water end up being wasted as a dam is breached unexpectedly. While no casualties occur, the planned lake will now be a swamp or marsh, at best, if the water does not simply evaporate. The latter is most likely, as the water cycle has not yet been restarted on the planet.

Expansion efforts are constantly underway at the Arcologies, but a special effort is made this month to make the people more comfortable. A focus on parks, pools, playing grounds, cinemas, and aquariums stocked with fish from Aquarius is made. The expansions go well, and a general sense of prosperity and industry has set in on Aries.

Work on chemical fertilizer is fruitful. A new chemical combination is discovered which will allow the grasses and scrub plants to continue their slow march across the planet at a more rapid pace. If the program is taken to an industrial scale, and a large swath is continually fertilized in front of the advancing grass line, the planet could be transformed radically.

Out of the blue, a design for a battleship class ship is submitted from a design consortium on Aries. Although unsolicited, the ship is quite impressive. The private company has offered to produce a prototype of the ship at cost if allowed access to the military dry docks the AI controls.

Time lapsed in system: 7 years, 3 months

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Mavens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Moonies (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

Check out as much info about the consortium, designer, head of staff, basically everyone involved in any way, before we allow them onto military hardware.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 08, 2012, 01:32:20 am »

The water is not that problematic. It can't leave the planet, so it'll just stay in the air till the water cycle restarts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 08, 2012, 02:43:36 am »

IMO, We need water on Aries, much more water... At least small ocean is required to make it earthlike

What is our options?

1) Exporting from Aqarius. We'll need to sedalinate it, and find a use for salt and other chemical compounds dissolved. also we should be extra careful to not damage local ecosystem. Another option to create salty lake(s) but it may not be that good idea
2) Exporting from Shiva... If it has water ice on surface it's pretty easy to do. BTW mining frozen co2 may be useful, too. It's a greenhouse gas, it boosts plants growth, sdo adding some to Aries atmosphere is a good thing... Or we can produce oxygen from it
3) Chemical production. We'll need hydrogen and oxygen for this. oxygen can be produced from Aries, Shiva or Hephestus oxides, but without sun scooper I doubt that we will get enough hydrogen for industrial scale water production
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14:29 am »

IMO, We need water on Aries, much more water... At least small ocean is required to make it earthlike

What is our options?

1) Exporting from Aqarius. We'll need to sedalinate it, and find a use for salt and other chemical compounds dissolved. also we should be extra careful to not damage local ecosystem. Another option to create salty lake(s) but it may not be that good idea
2) Exporting from Shiva... If it has water ice on surface it's pretty easy to do. BTW mining frozen co2 may be useful, too. It's a greenhouse gas, it boosts plants growth, sdo adding some to Aries atmosphere is a good thing... Or we can produce oxygen from it
3) Chemical production. We'll need hydrogen and oxygen for this. oxygen can be produced from Aries, Shiva or Hephestus oxides, but without sun scooper I doubt that we will get enough hydrogen for industrial scale water production
4) Use the water that is already there. There are gigantic icecaps, and there was live before. This means that there's enough water for live on the planet, and since water can't fly away.(Not in those quantities anyway) it is still here.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »

Lets just hope some time travelling alien religious figurehead doesn't come along and steal our new space station!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 08, 2012, 04:03:34 pm »

I have to say I read through this entire thread I have to say some of the stuff you guys are doing is hilarious somtimes you also have some ingenious ways to solve problems.

----
+1 for continued Terraforming, also I want to propose a new type of droid that may be a "dumb" AI the purpose of this droid is bascially provide the leadership role and provide less micromanagement for the main AI so that the main AI can devout  it's resources elsewhere. It can also provide effective means of micromanagement due to real-time commands on the field.

"Commander" Droid Spec
-Also a better AI then other droid for better decision making and analysis of information.
-Increased CPU capacity
-Standard armour and weapons for military or police work
-a data up-link so it can give out and receive information and commands
-maybe also increased sensory and visual equipment for better and more precise decision making.

>research and make Commander Droid if resources are available
>consult with General on possible strategies and counter attacks if moonies do attack in force or how to deal with that drone with nanobots on it if it decides to bite us in the ass in the future.
>Also consult the General about a possible task force to maintain security and peace on the Babylon space station.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 08, 2012, 04:28:34 pm »

We don't nessecerially need to force it in a droid. (Which is not going to work anyway.) Most of the droids are intelligent enought to do basic functioning, and since we have a very large CPU base we can never be to busy. There might be several mainframes of us around, I think.

>research and make Commander Droid if resources are available (Not needed. I'll only be a liability. Last thing we want is such a drone getting captured ,reverse engineered and us suffering from cyber warfare/)
>consult with General on possible strategies and counter attacks if moonies do attack in force or how to deal with that drone with nanobots on it if it decides to bite us in the ass in the future.
           Our current defense plans are as such.
                -Intercept with laser and mass driver sattelites
                -Retaliate with lasers and mass driver sattelites
                -Add nukes for fun
>Also consult the General about a possible task force to maintain security and peace on the Babylon space station.
          -I believe there already is a taskforce.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »

Yes, no to droids, it gives no serious benefits, but add some unnecesarry risks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 08, 2012, 05:46:37 pm »

Just like our scout drones we sent to the moonies they could of easily been reverse-engineered and used against us. It is no different to the Commander Droid plus we could easily install hard-coded safeguard protocols if it ever goes rouge. The reason why I came up with this droid is just in case if a commander or someone in a leadership position if incapacitated it can take over, plus it can also be as a adviser(provide possible strategies and changes in battlefield condition based on real-time updates and statistics it takes in) in war-time just for human leader-ship. Also it may give us a edge just in case we want to face those guardian robots that protect those terraformer machines in Gaia.

Also instead of using stun weapons we should probably start researching some sonic weapons. Also we should check what is lethal and what can incapacitate wildlife in the deeper parts of the ocean on Aquarius.

edit: They could also be used as simple servants for human, ambassadors or even used for administration.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:55:00 pm by jaass »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 08, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »

actualy, i like the idea of a sonic weapon. Well, in the case I want to use it for, a pressure weapon. I think I want a DNA sample of the huge creature underwater, and some other feeds of it. I want to see how big this thing truely is. We might also be able to work more on genetic experiments, again. I want to put life on our baren worlds and make them even more useful to us. Nonitellegent, of course, but things simuler to planetary gaurd dogs. It can help with invasions (in case the moonies want to). If we can capture it for a surt time, I want to implant a tracking device in it1. If we kill it, i want to take it, or at least part of it back for study.

1. we can also make another dummy probe for it to eat, with a barbed and heavily armored tracking device.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 08, 2012, 07:07:12 pm »

Not just a tracking device but also a way to map to out their physiology and maybe even finds out what eats too. Also for the genetic experiments are you going to adapt it to living on land?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 117