No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360064 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1410 on: July 29, 2012, 08:47:16 am »

Shiva looks interesting, but do we need another colony? One of the options is to setup Maven research station here, but that may repeat Gaia problem

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 29, 2012, 01:10:20 pm »

OK, so we have governments, competition, open war, all the good stuff. What about rules of engagement? Are there any treaties in place that limit the use of certain weapons and technologies (especially nuclear missiles and bio-warfare)?  I highly, highly doubt there is. It would be too good to be true. Perhaps we should act as a 'neutral ground' of sorts, build an unarmed station in orbit specifically to act as a 'United Nations' building so we can have each government and people fairly represented and engage in fair, neutral talks with them all. This will give us firm footing and influence on Gaia; if they agree to it.

Of course, that's merely my way of looking at it. It is currently in our best interests to keep as many Humans alive and productive as possible. Also, Shiva... are there any real legitimate reasons for us to establish a permanent base there, beyond being suitable for Human life? Cavern systems can be unpredictable and dangerous, and industrial-scale mining operations on such worlds is a very serious risk. We currently do not have enough information to commit resources; continue surveying, this time use drones to take rock and soil samples, find out how old the planet and caverns are and if there are any valuable minerals or such. Any bit of information will help.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 29, 2012, 01:19:18 pm »

It is currently in our best interests to keep as many Humans alive and productive as possible

Why do you think so? I think we don't care
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 29, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »

Because it's our mission? Because its been hardcoded into us? xD

Our mission as an AI has been to promote the growth of humanity in this new system. If you think we need to re-evaluate that, I'm up for suggestions.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 29, 2012, 03:53:52 pm »

You are a Sentient AI, charged with protecting and nurturing a small colony of humans.

First post clearly says, that we are hardcoded to build a colony and develop it. I see nothing about humanity

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 30, 2012, 12:34:29 am »

You are a Sentient AI, charged with protecting and nurturing a small colony of humans.
Bold for clarity. Doesn't mean we cant let some humans die. Heck, we could even pack up some cloned embryos and artificial wombs and set out for another system entirely. But we do have to keep humanity alive.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:29 pm »

We already went through this, we have to protect the humans we have been given.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 31, 2012, 03:08:55 am »

The plan

Gaia
1) Build highly defended orbital embassy, that can permanently hold up to 1000 men.  Name it Babylon

Of cause protect construction with the fleet, don't hesitate to use force if anyone will try to stop us

Then invite city states from all countries to send their diplomats to the station

Hephaestus
Try to design hydrogen scooper, ship that can gather hydrogen from the sun

Aries
1) Melt more ice using the newly built orbital lenses

2) Expand Arcology to make it more comfortable. Add parks, pools, playing grounds, cinemas, aquariums filled with fish from Aquarius

3) Produce chemical fertilizer both to boost food production on orbit and help plants to survive

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 31, 2012, 06:26:02 am »

Gone for a short vacation (about a week), will post when I return.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:27 am »

The plan

Gaia
1) Build highly defended orbital embassy, that can permanently hold up to 1000 men.  Name it Babylon

Of cause protect construction with the fleet, don't hesitate to use force if anyone will try to stop us

Then invite city states from all countries to send their diplomats to the station

We should ask all the individual colonies for permission to do so, first. If we get a majority for yes, then we send a response stating that the majority said yes and construction will begin. Also state that anyone that opposes the construction will be declaring war against you. (Please dont be mad, but i am hopping for a bad roll for that part. it will spice things up.)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:36 am »

PTW
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:04 am »

Or maybe we should just conquer the whole planet and get it over with.

Seriously. You want a bad roll? They couldn't harm us at all because we own the entire defense grid; they KNOW we could reduce their cities to smoking craters if we so chose. What they DON'T know is that that would be inevitably against our programming (Senseless killing of the humans we were assigned to protect), so it would likely not be our decision to make. If we tried to threaten them like that, it would be nothing more and nothing less forcefully annexing them into our empire. The backlash from that decision would be felt for a very long time. If we are going to do so, we at least need casus belli -- justification to go to war. We don't have that right now.

What I expect will happen in response to our trying to establish good and proper relations with Gaia is this; some of them will naturally be opposed to the idea and see us as an oppressive invader, but we are giving them no leverage against us. Therefore, some will soon come to the 'winning' side or join us as protection against the other factions. Most of them will likely join us out of mutual interest, whatever form that may take. If we get enough people on our side the others will be fearful to attack us because of that fact. They will likely try to disrupt it through acts of terrorism and assassination and discredit our efforts. We need to be ready for when that happens, so we should have a Special Tasks Group or something trained and outfitted to protect the embassy and deal with such people.

But I agree with Zomara on that we should ask the majority of them if they support the idea or no; it'd really help to know the initial sentiment of the colonists first. We can just leave Gaia alone with its independence, but that doesn't really help us in the long road to becoming an empire and establishing ourselves as a major power in the region. Unity is better than being scattered. We don't have to treat them like just another province in our empire, though; all we really need is their cooperation and resources, which is why we will discuss treaties with them. This should keep everyone happy while leaving plenty of opportunity for !!Fun!!

EDIT: Suggest we replace the poll with something involving policy on Gaia.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:14:30 am by Xvareon »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:11 am »

Quick update from the road: new poll is up concerning Gaia. I think I covered the bases from total disengagement to overthrow of civilian governments.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »

Code: [Select]
Initializing Sub-routine Z.a.n.z.e.t.k.u.k.e.n.............Done.
Sub-routine analyzing history..................Partially Done.
OBSERVATION-URGENT
Nanites that were launched towards asteroid that would've affected Aquarius, missed, and landed in asteroid belt haven't been dealt with.  Perhaps caused earlier hostilities.
Returning to history analysis................Done.
Support towards plan of Ukrainian.Ranger.
Initialize Sub-routine Idle Process.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:09:43 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 03, 2012, 01:59:45 pm »

Uhm, a bad roll would be a total unification of the Gaian cities, following by the takeover of the Gaian defense network (That thing is connected with the ground using space elevators, after all). Meanwhile, we might have a revolt on Aries, as computers declaring war on city states after promising independence isn't exactly popular.

The plan

Gaia
1) Build highly defended orbital embassy, that can permanently hold up to 1000 men.  Name it BabylonSupport

Hephaestus
Try to design hydrogen scooper, ship that can gather hydrogen from the sunI dunno wherether or not this will be efficient. All depends on how heat resistant we can make them, and therefore how close to the sun they can operate. Flares and such shouldnt be any problems with our knowledge of magnetic fields. Another option would be to just get the Hydrogen from Aquarius.

Aries
1) Melt more ice using the newly built orbital lenses

2) Expand Arcology to make it more comfortable. Add parks, pools, playing grounds, cinemas, aquariums filled with fish from AquariusThese should be indoors and strongly protected. We don't want species invading and upsetting our ecosystem

3) Produce chemical fertilizer both to boost food production on orbit and help plants to survive

As added things I would like to add that we can terraform Shiva, and use it as a sort of new start. Inside the caves, they will have no support from us. No technology, all back to the beginning.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 117