No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360191 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1260 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:26 am »

Quote from: Ukrainian Ranger link=topic=102043.msg3261031#msg3261031 date=[color=red
1336380929]
Our luck is... Looks like The mighty RNG doesn't want to let us create an army. [/color]
Anyway, I propose: (in an order of importance)

1) Leave the moonies alone, stop any communications. Let's look how isolationist they really areKeep listening however, don't want to miss anything

2) Rebuild the weapon testing facilityMake sure to make one that is explosion proof. Btw, It seems the missiles are finished. If the can blow up a station, they can blow up an asteroid too.

3) Research the self repairing thingMake sure to do it on a orbital lab. Don't want nanobots plagues. Though I do like modular ship building more.

4) Build a shield for The Avian Contact center, just in case. It will help against predators\disasters\attacks. Also, transfer some combat drones here.

5) Build an airship, capable of hosting 50 colonists on a permanent basis, for the second mobile Avian contact center. Mobile center can communicate with all Avians, not small portion of them.I propose a Zepelin like ship. We don't want to have Avians being sucked up in the engine. Include escape pods. Call it the Valiant. If the design is succesfull build an adapted version on Gaia and Aries.(Aircraft carrier)

6) Build minor orbital defenses around Planet B, and let's name it InfreniumOur current base is hard to detect. (Should be) As long as nobody knows we are there. They can't shoot us. Then again we did blow up a station there.

7) Design a new kind of military ship - slinger. Based on the fighters. All ship is basically a set of several engines, power, speed and agility is all it need, no weapons, basic armor, no shield. It can be used in 4 roles: a)tow damaged ships\containers; b) Attachable engine boosters for big ships; c) to move asteroid away; d) they may be used to launch projective (any, from tiny rocks to mines to torpedos to epically big spears to asteroids) just move close to the target, detach projective, turn around and let inertia to do the job. Note that they useful both in civilian and military roles. Build a prototypeI'd call it a tug

8) Let's return to terraforming Aries, I propose to introduce some stored earthworms into the soil. Choose the smallest ones and the most adapted to cold conditions. Also, if we haven't done it, drop cyanobacteria all over the place. These are autotrophe organisms and can survive in harsh conditions. Maybe we can also fire one of our massdrivers shells at the volcanic system to reactivate it. This will increase airpressure and temperature. (CoČ) Ash is also a good fertilizer.

9) Use our transport fleet to get rid from the algae infestation, mechanically gather the algae, transport it to Aries, dump it in one place on dry land, and then let it rot, providing food to the earthworms. In fact we may gather even native  organic materials from Gaia and Aquarius, kill,  sterilize it properly and let it rot on Aries, but getting rid of the algae is preferable. Let's create one  area with rich soil, then we may think about grass. Algae are used in several industries at the moment.

10) Design and build farm ships, basically big, mobile, transparent, space based hydroponic farms. We should move majority of our food production in space, in that way farming will never mess with ecology and, more importantly, ecology will not mess with the farms. Also wastes from farming may be used for dumping on AriesGood idea. Though I think our shipyards are to small to do this.

11)Build two cloning centers for the settlements on GaiaGood

12) Build small scientific outposts all over Aries to monitor ecology more closely (like 20 with 10-50 scientist each)Give them all emergency evacuation pods. Capable of one flight to space to allow them to be picked up by our ships.

13) Extensively explore Planet E, maybe we miss something interestingGood. Bots only though.

BTW about the moons... are  there any notable (more then 100km in diameter) moons around planets other then gas giant?

I like how we have our population in different places, it's hard to wipe us out in one strike, so we must develop all colonies, and maybe, create even more on B and E planets: military bases, scientific outposts, everything to lure people there. But it's more a long term goal.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:28 am »

Our luck is... Looks like The mighty RNG doesn't want to let us create an army. [/color]
Anyway, I propose: (in an order of importance)

1) Leave the moonies alone, stop any communications. Let's look how isolationist they really areKeep listening however, don't want to miss anything

2) Rebuild the weapon testing facilityMake sure to make one that is explosion proof. Btw, It seems the missiles are finished. If the can blow up a station, they can blow up an asteroid too.

3) Research the self repairing thingMake sure to do it on a orbital lab. Don't want nanobots plagues. Though I do like modular ship building more.

4) Build a shield for The Avian Contact center, just in case. It will help against predators\disasters\attacks. Also, transfer some combat drones here.

5) Build an airship, capable of hosting 50 colonists on a permanent basis, for the second mobile Avian contact center. Mobile center can communicate with all Avians, not small portion of them.I propose a Zepelin like ship. We don't want to have Avians being sucked up in the engine. Include escape pods. Call it the Valiant. If the design is succesfull build an adapted version on Gaia and Aries.(Aircraft carrier)

6) Build minor orbital defenses around Planet B, and let's name it InfreniumOur current base is hard to detect. (Should be) As long as nobody knows we are there. They can't shoot us. Then again we did blow up a station there.

7) Design a new kind of military ship - slinger. Based on the fighters. All ship is basically a set of several engines, power, speed and agility is all it need, no weapons, basic armor, no shield. It can be used in 4 roles: a)tow damaged ships\containers; b) Attachable engine boosters for big ships; c) to move asteroid away; d) they may be used to launch projective (any, from tiny rocks to mines to torpedos to epically big spears to asteroids) just move close to the target, detach projective, turn around and let inertia to do the job. Note that they useful both in civilian and military roles. Build a prototypeI'd call it a tug No, if it will have military grade targeting system, high manuevrability and mounts for bombs\torpedos\spears

8) Let's return to terraforming Aries, I propose to introduce some stored earthworms into the soil. Choose the smallest ones and the most adapted to cold conditions. Also, if we haven't done it, drop cyanobacteria all over the place. These are autotrophe organisms and can survive in harsh conditions. Maybe we can also fire one of our massdrivers shells at the volcanic system to reactivate it. This will increase airpressure and temperature. (CoČ) Ash is also a good fertilizer. I

9) Use our transport fleet to get rid from the algae infestation, mechanically gather the algae, transport it to Aries, dump it in one place on dry land, and then let it rot, providing food to the earthworms. In fact we may gather even native  organic materials from Gaia and Aquarius, kill,  sterilize it properly and let it rot on Aries, but getting rid of the algae is preferable. Let's create one  area with rich soil, then we may think about grass. Algae are used in several industries at the moment.

New 9) Create areas on Arias for biological waste stockpiling. Transport dead plants from Gaia (freighters return empty from it, anyway). Make sure plants dead and sterilized enough before dumping. 

10) Design and build farm ships, basically big, mobile, transparent, space based hydroponic farms. We should move majority of our food production in space, in that way farming will never mess with ecology and, more importantly, ecology will not mess with the farms. Also wastes from farming may be used for dumping on AriesGood idea. Though I think our shipyards are to small to do this.I think 150ft ships are large enough for small farms, Yes we can't switch our food production to space in one moment, it's more a long term project and emergency food source

11)Build two cloning centers for the settlements on GaiaGood

12) Build small scientific outposts all over Aries to monitor ecology more closely (like 20 with 10-50 scientist each)Give them all emergency evacuation pods. Capable of one flight to space to allow them to be picked up by our ships.

13) Extensively explore Planet E, maybe we miss something interestingGood. Bots only though.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 07, 2012, 11:50:44 am »

Yeah, other things to add:

-Expand the shipyard again.
-Maybe build a back-up aquatic shipyard on aquirius.
-Construct another nanofactory for gaia.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 07, 2012, 12:20:50 pm »

I would like to learn more about the Avians Aquatic world. So far, we know that dangerous things lurk below the waters surface and the Avians fly above. Not much else. I woulds like a remote control sub(ish) design that can be cheap to manufacture and easy to mass-produce. maybe it will include a netting function to capture smaller specimen. We may be able to turn it into an Aquarius pass-time.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 07, 2012, 12:23:17 pm »

I would like to learn more about the Avians Aquatic world. So far, we know that dangerous things lurk below the waters surface and the Avians fly above. Not much else. I woulds like a remote control sub(ish) design that can be cheap to manufacture and easy to mass-produce. maybe it will include a netting function to capture smaller specimen. We may be able to turn it into an Aquarius pass-time.
We not just make a really though scanning droid. Give it a camera and a good antennae. Then drop it into the sea. It will be eaten quite soon, allowing it to traverse long distance quickly.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 07, 2012, 01:12:33 pm »

Quote from: Ukrainian Ranger link=topic=102043.msg3261031#msg3261031 date=[color=red
1336380929]

I think since the entire facility was utterly destroyed, we lost all our research data on that subject...  So we probably have to start all over again.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 07, 2012, 01:15:52 pm »

1336380929]

I think since the entire facility was utterly destroyed, we lost all our research data on that subject...  So we probably have to start all over again.
We're a heavily computerized organisation. Of course we backed up all blueprints to an offworld hard disk. If not, make a backup system in the bunker where you can save data.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 07, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

Re: asteroid busters... The current design has a tendency to blow up at inconvenient moments, so I wouldn't consider it final or safe for production at this moment in time. Feel free to deploy it, but a bad roll (or even an okay one) would spell disaster for the carrying ship.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 07, 2012, 02:27:43 pm »

Re: asteroid busters... The current design has a tendency to blow up at inconvenient moments, so I wouldn't consider it final or safe for production at this moment in time. Feel free to deploy it, but a bad roll (or even an okay one) would spell disaster for the carrying ship.
We'll use the droid ones. Though I doubt we'd have to use it. The mass drivers work fine.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 08, 2012, 07:34:43 am »

We'll use the droid ones. Though I doubt we'd have to use it. The mass drivers work fine.

I would prefer it be perfected first. Don't want it going off when we need it most. Before we can use it for what we need.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 08, 2012, 07:57:44 am »

Well, we don't need it ATM, and can't research, until weapon testing is rebuild.

I think we have an adequate defence and should concentrate on our economic potential, human breeding and turning Avians in good allies
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:33 am »

Slight sidebar: I don't think I've taken the time to ask for feedback yet, so I'd like to do that now. Am I running the game the way you like? Any suggestions for improvements? Let me know. Turn still coming tomorrow evening.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:06 am »

Slight sidebar: I don't think I've taken the time to ask for feedback yet, so I'd like to do that now. Am I running the game the way you like? Any suggestions for improvements? Let me know. Turn still coming tomorrow evening.
Game's great. No suggestions that I can think of. One thing I'd like to know is what dice you 're using. (Not the results though, that wouldn't be fun).

New things to do:

Build some drilling rigs on Gaia and have them take ground samples,(As deed as possible). This will allow us to see the history of the planet over the past thousands/millions of years. I want to know if the terraforming is recent or old. Take some icesamples too.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:52 am »

I use a real d6 that has been very unkind recently. May grab another one to help your luck.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:35 am »

Maybe you switch to 2d6\2?
While it's fun to get criticals, every third roll as critical becomes boring, especially with so many rolls each turn.

Another suggestion to roll d6 again after 1 or 6 to determine how bad\good the critical really is. So 1-1 will be huge disasters, 1-6 is only slightly worse then regular failure. Same thing for 6. 

That's asuming that you use 1d6 for each action.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 117