No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360229 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1215 on: April 30, 2012, 03:18:27 pm »

I don't know if we want to kill them.
They want to kill us.
Not sure. It might be a diplomatic fault. the linguists are thinking everything we thought they said was wrong, so the first thing they saw was a ship of us approaching them. They shot that down, and then saw us building an entire network of PD sattelites, designing a wharf and other things. Maybe we can still stop this war. Besides, I'd rather wait till our response fleet is ready and in place before attacking.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 30, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »

How?  If this was a diplomatic fault and they were so intimidated by us sending one manned shuttle -- which they should have been expecting anyway -- then why haven't they tried to contact us back and ask us our true intentions?  We've been trying to get a line with them for months but haven't been able to ever since we pulled back our diplomatic envoy.  Everything went smoothly up until then...  Sure this might all be a big misunderstanding and I would very much like it if we could find a peaceful resolution, but they are throwing rocks at us and we need to defend ourselves.  Still, preemptive attack of any sort would definitely scare the bejeezus out of them and destroy any chance at a diplomatic resolution.  Only if absolutely necessary.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 30, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »

Use our mass drivers not defending the planet shoot at their moons / homes, since space is a vacuum the velocity will be maintained and EDVENTUALLY will hit them.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

Use our mass drivers not defending the planet shoot at their moons / homes, since space is a vacuum the velocity will be maintained and EDVENTUALLY will hit them.
They have gravity field manipulation. I 'd doubt we'd get to them. Lasers are our best bet, since they are only minimally affected by gravity.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 01, 2012, 11:25:14 am »

Yeah, but after a certain range they lose their potency. Besides mass drivers accelerate objects to ungodly velocities, the chances of them using their gravity manipulation on such a object with that momentum is... well they'd have to have some pretty good frakking tech.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 01, 2012, 11:27:04 am »

Yeah, but after a certain range they lose their potency. Besides mass drivers accelerate objects to ungodly velocities, the chances of them using their gravity manipulation on such a object with that momentum is... well they'd have to have some pretty good frakking tech.
Well, they launched asteroids at us a that speed.  Besides I think our laser will keep toghether long enough to work. If not we simply need better ones

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30:50 am »

Perhaps deploying micro satellites with "mirrors" to reflect the lasers and reconcentrate them.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:00 pm »

Perhaps deploying micro satellites with "mirrors" to reflect the lasers and reconcentrate them.
Lenses would probably be easier than mirrors. 

Also, how much do lasers actually dissipate in space?  I realize that space (especially intra-system space) is technically not a perfect vacuum, so some dissipation will happen.  But is that little bit of dissipation enough to stop our giant lasers from devastating them at this range?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 01, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »

Lenses would probably be easier than mirrors. 

Also, how much do lasers actually dissipate in space?  I realize that space (especially intra-system space) is technically not a perfect vacuum, so some dissipation will happen.  But is that little bit of dissipation enough to stop our giant lasers from devastating them at this range?
Space disipation is mostly not from the fact that space isn't a perfect vacuum, but more from the fact that the lasers focus isn't 100% perfect, though I doubt the effect would be noticable at this distance.

Well, let's try the gravradar first. That 'll show us how our lasers work at that distance, where the gravity fields are and give the linguits another chance at peace.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 01, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

Perhaps lasers will work then, though if they have light refraction based stealth we're frakked.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »

Something I just thought of while looking at a rainbow on the computer. Light is a partical, which is subject to gravity. They probably already know that we have lasers. Thats our top practical war tec. We need better. Theirs trumps ours.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

Something I just thought of while looking at a rainbow on the computer. Light is a partical, which is subject to gravity. They probably already know that we have lasers. Thats our top practical war tec. We need better. Theirs trumps ours.
The amount of gravity needed to bend light from where it's going is huge. Creating that sort of gravity well would pull their planet and moons out of orbit (Or cause an implosion or something). That is, if they can't create powerfull local fields, which I doubt, since that would make no sense. Besides, If we can find out where their generators are located, a coordinated offense of laser and mass shells can overwhelm their system. For every laser/shell they reflect they reattract two others.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1227 on: May 01, 2012, 05:37:10 pm »

Ahem, autonomous spy drones locate and destroy the generators, while sighting out other possible targets. Then we move in with the main force and send them back to pre-space flight times. The result is we have them bottled up. We should destroy: highways, ship, shipyards, dams, and there industry.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:22 pm »

I plan on posting tomorrow night, So get your final suggestions in.

As an aside, I will be sticking with the mid-week (Wednesday) and weekend (Sunday) posting schedule, unless I indicate otherwise.

I'd also like to thank all of my wonderful players, as I hadn't gotten a chance to do that yet. You guys rock! Keep up the good work.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:41 pm »

I propose we split our work, half to building drones and ships to engage, the other half develop the laser defense network.

For research lets look into that self-repairing carbon again, and how about we take a look into meson cannons and weaponry to deal with more asteroids. Meson weapons sound perfect for that particular problem.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 117