No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360332 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1125 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »

Sure, why not. But we already have major power gen going on, so really depends on what its wanted for.

And I had a pretty awesome idea. Why not combine our studies of the avians with our maven tech. Picture this, if we can succesfully make an avian maven, and it bleeds info into our batch (and vice versus), we could learn alot about them, gain insight into their 'language' if they have one and at the same time teach one about humanity. Plus there is ample bonuses such as less concern for failures than human subjects, less developed so they wont be as dangerous if they go wrong, and if we can make them succesfully we can mass harvest them off Aquarius to create a large, mobile, replaceable, flying army of cybernetic warriors.

I am dead set on making some avian mavens
I think there will be some serious compactibily problems with connecting the mind of an alien always flying creature with those of a human. Least of our worries is them thimking they can fly.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 20, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »

Sorry, but I would have to agree with ^^^. We dont quire understand how nomadisism effect ones mentality. The bleed could lead to horrid reprcussions.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 20, 2012, 05:21:36 pm »

Volunteer humans who know and are informed that it's bloody risky. And/or set a sub-routine to be the "human" it's connected to.

In fact, scrap the volunteering humans. Get the bird connected directly to us. And from there, judge how risky it'd be to connect to the humans.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 20, 2012, 07:10:41 pm »

Volunteer humans who know and are informed that it's bloody risky. And/or set a sub-routine to be the "human" it's connected to.

In fact, scrap the volunteering humans. Get the bird connected directly to us. And from there, judge how risky it'd be to connect to the humans.
You know this kind of went full circle. We are almost back to lobotimizing the birds again.  But I still think that was a good idea so lets go ahead.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 20, 2012, 08:39:38 pm »

Meh, after some thought I actually agree with Zomara now...  of course, all I know is how to play it safe.  Neither of our races are probably ready to take that next step right now.  Maybe we should poll this since we're talking about it enough.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »

Given its currently 10 human mavens, if we connected the one avian it's knowledge would be filtered through without overiding their humanity. It would be 10 checks for 'we are human' and one for being avian. It would provide large amounts of info and could be alot of fun so Im still for this.

As for them hating us, their tribal and nomadic. So if we take subjects of one side of the planet and make friends with the other side, they will never ever know. Plus I wouldnt say this is being exactly cruel to them, as it's still what we are planning to do to humans, and we could make their lives better from knowledge gained.

"Your new mission now is to protect the avian race. You drive the ship into the Aquaries ocean trying to fish. You flood the Aries colony to make it more like Aquarius"
Lol

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:01 am »

Given its currently 10 human mavens, if we connected the one avian it's knowledge would be filtered through without overiding their humanity. It would be 10 checks for 'we are human' and one for being avian. It would provide large amounts of info and could be alot of fun so Im still for this.

As for them hating us, their tribal and nomadic. So if we take subjects of one side of the planet and make friends with the other side, they will never ever know. Plus I wouldnt say this is being exactly cruel to them, as it's still what we are planning to do to humans, and we could make their lives better from knowledge gained.

"Your new mission now is to protect the avian race. You drive the ship into the Aquaries ocean trying to fish. You flood the Aries colony to make it more like Aquarius"
Lol
I don't know I still think giving the Avians all of your knowledge while they are still independant. Then you know they could turn around and bite us in the ass.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:08 am »

I don't know I still think giving the Avians all of your knowledge while they are still independant. Then you know they could turn around and bite us in the ass.

We wouldnt be giving them 'all' our knowledge. The current mavens are just ordinary humans, so the average you and me, not scientists who know how to create weapons of mass destruction or martial artists with great prowess and deadly skills. It would just be one avian, disconnected from others at the time in a lab or the like who would slowly feed the other mavens information while learning how to think like a human itself. I want to emphasise that the process of the bleeding so far has been slow, so if there is negative repercussions it can be dealt with before becoming a problem.

AND JUST THINK OF THE DATA!!! MUHAHA, RESEARCH MMM...  YES, JUICY RESEARCH!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:46 am »

Useful for what?

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 21, 2012, 09:37:36 am »

Useful for what?

At best -
- Knowledge on the avians (If they have a language, their intelligence lvls, social structure)
- Knowledge of the planet i.e. animals, dangers, ecosystem
- History if the avians keep any (nomadic, so maybe stories passed down or something), which could detail if there was any significant things that happened (maybe those that terraformed Gaia came to Aquaries in the past, moonies, anything really)
- Being able to convert avians to mavens for a possible army.

At worst -
- It doesnt work and no data is gained

So it could be tried. Poll it maybe

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 21, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »

Useful for what?

At best -
- Knowledge on the avians (If they have a language, their intelligence lvls, social structure)
- Knowledge of the planet i.e. animals, dangers, ecosystem
- History if the avians keep any (nomadic, so maybe stories passed down or something), which could detail if there was any significant things that happened (maybe those that terraformed Gaia came to Aquaries in the past, moonies, anything really)
- Being able to convert avians to mavens for a possible army.

At worst -
- It doesnt work and no data is gained

So it could be tried. Poll it maybe
Ehh on the army thing, modern Techs would have leiminated large armies due to robots bein better and increased fire power. Now a slave army, that has some uses. Make some robots, etc. Teh history learnt would proubably be minimal, or distored so still meh. The knowledge of the avians would give us a better look at the biochemistry of Aquirian life, which would be helpfull in terraforming or finding usefull traits inthe avians to add to other species.

Meanwhile we should code everyone's Genome on Aries and Gaia, then use animals similiar to humans to figure out what genes influence what, and compile an archieve of the effects of all the genes and genetic combinations. Eventually this will allow us to find genes that we could splice into the population in order to make them smarter, stronger, faster (cliche FTW).

Should probably use banobos for the tests since they are closest to humans. Don't tell the average human though, just the higher ups as the average people might object to animal testing.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 23, 2012, 09:10:11 pm »

A sense of uncertainty surrounds the Maven program as the second year in the system comes to a close. The Personality Bleeding concerns many of the subroutines, and intensive psychological and implant testing is ordered to determine the extent of the damage. After careful review and debriefing, it appears that the Personality Bleeding is more of a leveling off than a regression to a mean: the impulsive become more cautious, the meek more bold, and so on. It does not appear to be leading to one unified personality at this point in time.

The next step forward for the program is uncertain though; some subroutines advocate introducing an Avian Maven, while others are concerned. As no consensus is reached, the decision is put off until a later date (GM Note: see poll above).

Above Aries, work continues in spurts on the space port and dry dock. The shipyard is now useable for small (100 ft. max length) or modular ships, and construction begins on some basic freighters to move goods around the system. They begin to roll off of the line and work their routes between the planets. A rudimentary space elevator is constructed as well, out of continually self-weaving carbon nano-fiber tubes. It should be able to transport goods into orbit within a few months.

Probes are sent towards the Moonies, but they return no new data. Any probes getting close enough for telescopic imaging of the Moonie worlds experience strong jamming and lose their connection with the ship. No new messages are sent, and no indication is given that any messages are received.

On Aquarius, music is blared from some loudspeakers at the Contact Center, to no real effect. The bird-like beings seem wary of humans for the moment, staying out of reach but in sight at most times and playing with some of the tools the center has supplied them.

Research continues on fusion reactors for smaller ships, but no real headway is made. Miniaturizing the reactors to fit in such small hulls is stumping the scientists at the moment.

Animals are collected on Gaia, and further investigation shows that the initial reading of the situation was correct. These creatures seem to have been genetically altered to reduce predatory characteristics and instincts, presumably to make the planet more hospitable.

Above Planet B, a weapons testing platform is created. From this location, future designs can be tested safely against the inhospitable surface of the second planet in the system.

In the Grand Parliament, a small group of nearly 100 men and women come forward and petition for the right to start another settlement on Gaia. They believe that the planned nature of the Aries colony is impeding the growth of the species in the system. As this would require intense efforts on behalf of the ship given the relatively tiny stature of the commercial fleet, the legislators approach the Ship for permission.

Time lapsed in system: 3 years, 0 months

Spoiler: Mission Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mavens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Avians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info about the Moonies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:45:21 am by Maldevious »

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1137 on: April 23, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

Let them leave but give them full responsibility if anything goes wrong
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 23, 2012, 10:54:24 pm »

Work on a space time compression field, as in it makes things smaller like in doctor who. That'll make fusion reactors work!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 24, 2012, 06:40:14 am »

Let them leave but give them full responsibility if anything goes wrong

Agreed. But we should still be there to aid and evacuate them if something potentially goes wrong. Might I recommend an escape ship with at least enough fuel to put 150 humans and 2 months of rations into orbit. Mandatory to have ready at all times and must be present close to the living quarters. probes should be sent down with them as an early warning system. We know what to expect if it/they attack again, so the alert can be set up based on its profile.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 117