No
- 2 (9.5%)
Get more info
- 11 (52.4%)
Delay with no action
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 117

Author Topic: Terraforming: Suggestion Game  (Read 360360 times)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraforming: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1080 on: April 12, 2012, 10:52:46 pm »

The robot is a simple task more or less, if it's blades move at two hundredth of a SECOND it must build up alot of friction.Therefor we need to make "dummy" security bots with the same equipment except with their bodies being filled / made out of a high explosive / easily flammable substance of some form. I will let the more creative ones THINK of said substance too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:54:44 pm by Zecro_The_Scourge »
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 13, 2012, 12:26:09 am »

Said liquid needs to be

A:sticky( firction increasing is good)
B: preferrably non explosive( We don't want to take out the atmospheric regulators)
C: Capable of destroying nanobots( ie the robots repair system)
D: Heavy
E: Acidic( Less damage to facility, more to robot then flammable, probably) Both is good to.

We could also try to use Electromagnetical weapons to  stop it.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:01 am »

Hmm... Some sort of nanobot liquid.  There was something like that in a few episodes of Stargate...

Disrupting the signal between nanobots worked well IIRC.  The whole thing just kind of fell apart.  I don't think this big guy would fall apart, but if we could disrupt the nanobots, it'd at least be unable to repair itself.  But I doubt our guys would stand a chance anyway, with how it ripped through the advanced squad.

I just realized something: If this robot is from our civilization, then its probably supposed to be under our command.  Try sending signals to it on all channels ordering it to respond.  We probably lost the password, though... try "password" :p  Thats usually the default!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 13, 2012, 09:57:14 am »

Also, build an orbital lense above the planet. If we can lure it out, that ought to kill it.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:49 am »

We have advanced mining and construction bots, I support the polar bear's idea. GM, release the dice!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 13, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

Can we get some of the aviants to stay still long enough for use to get x-rays and what not. Basically get a deep understanding of their anatomy. I want to start making tools for them to use. Also, lets try to teach them basic math now.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 13, 2012, 11:00:36 am »

We have advanced mining and construction bots, I support the polar bear's idea. GM, release the dice!
Problem is that the explosion might destroy the atmospheric control units. It think we should try glue first. And explosives later.

Also to avoid problems with the nanorepairbots either:

A Deploy nanobots of our own.
B: Create a strong electromagnetic field to disrupt/ destroy them.

Can we get some of the aviants to stay still long enough for use to get x-rays and what not. Basically get a deep understanding of their anatomy. I want to start making tools for them to use. Also, lets try to teach them basic math now.
Should be no problem. Oh , you mean not by shooting them and such.( Btw, we did a vivisection on one.I think we know their anatomy quite well)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 13, 2012, 11:06:12 am »

Should be no problem. Oh , you mean not by shooting them and such.( Btw, we did a vivisection on one.I think we know their anatomy quite well)
If I remember correctly, we were stopped before we could actually analyze it. And extreme displeasure was shown by the humans.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 13, 2012, 05:39:29 pm »

OFG!!!!! just though of it. why dont we freeze it?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 13, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »

OFG!!!!! just though of it. why dont we freeze it?
+1
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Watsst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 14, 2012, 06:34:54 am »

Personally I think we are starting to suffer from getting far to specific about certain things. ie, grasshoppers and giant wasps, the anatomical parts of the mavens and contact with the avians. The pay off has been rather low, and for a 'restart the human race and explore the solar system' mission its pretty specific. Im not saying they shouldnt be worked on, but maybe go for something more ...broad I guess? Like research into decreasing cybernetic rejection in the mavens? Or into the addition of cybernetic weapons into their body? Its just my opinion, but it currently has been more research for the sake of research rather than a direct purpose that can be useful. Meh, just what I think.

As for where we are now, I think ignore the robot for now, or at least this next turn. Reason being, we havent actual checked any of the other facilities when we should. Is there a robot in everyone? maybe there's a facility where one is already broken down. While we could go the glue route, it was stated that the door wont open, which means we have to cut it open (probably through welding), and that in itself may turn out badly. The robot seems to be programmed to stay inside the facility and keep the door shut, so if we break the door... might not end well if it goes a little nuts. Also there could be alot more that just the one robot which would be futile.

Also, I think we should pull our guys back from meeting the moonies. We are currently sending them into the aliens territory where we will have no contact or know whats going on. So they can pretty much study our entire race, our weakness's and genetic code while we will still know nothing about them. Neutral location needed.

Finally, how about a space-port/ship yard so we can add a few more ships to the fleet. Our current ship is on the out, and it could also serve as a center of commerce, government and military power between the colonies.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 14, 2012, 06:54:35 am »

Spaceport should be be build in geocentrical orbit above Aries. Modular design, allowing us to add other parts as we go.

We should also research carbonanofibers, so that we can equip it with a space elevator.

Also I think we should continue the terraforming efforts. Build a few extra solar lenses above Aries and begin planting trees. Let the solar lenses melt away patches of the ocean, so that methane that should be locked up in it can come free.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 14, 2012, 07:39:06 am »

Spaceport should be be build in geocentrical orbit above Aries. Modular design, allowing us to add other parts as we go.

We should also research carbonanofibers, so that we can equip it with a space elevator.

Also I think we should continue the terraforming efforts. Build a few extra solar lenses above Aries and begin planting trees. Let the solar lenses melt away patches of the ocean, so that methane that should be locked up in it can come free.
Is there enough co2 in the atmosphere to sustain trees? Terran trees should also be modified before planting as I believe Aries is farther away from the sun than Terra so the trees need to modified to be able to grow on less sunlight, either by growing less or using sunlight more effeciently.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 14, 2012, 07:41:46 am »

Is there enough co2 in the atmosphere to sustain trees? Terran trees should also be modified before planting as I believe Aries is farther away from the sun than Terra so the trees need to modified to be able to grow on less sunlight, either by growing less or using sunlight more effeciently.
Some types of trees can survive on 9% oxygen(  spars and pine and other mountain trees) and with very little carbon dioxide. They're also quite good with cold temperatures and less light.
Besides melting the ocean will release water vapour(Greenhouse gas when not forming clouds) and methane( This planet once had life, so the bacteria will have emitted methane which probably got stuck in the ice). If needed we should drill into a gas field and leave the tap open. That should release CH4 and others, which will be quickly (+-4 years) broken down into co2 . In the meantime it is a potent greenhouse gas.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:45:23 am by 10ebbor10 »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 14, 2012, 08:32:14 am »

Some types of trees can survive on 9% oxygen(  spars and pine and other mountain trees) and with very little carbon dioxide. They're also quite good with cold temperatures and less light.
Besides melting the ocean will release water vapour(Greenhouse gas when not forming clouds) and methane( This planet once had life, so the bacteria will have emitted methane which probably got stuck in the ice). If needed we should drill into a gas field and leave the tap open. That should release CH4 and others, which will be quickly (+-4 years) broken down into co2 . In the meantime it is a potent greenhouse gas.
Terran biodiversity for the win!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 117